Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

I see.

Well in that case. It still ATBB is there for a purpose.

Not any film can gain that tag. That film must be very special in terms of total collections, distributors share and total footfalls.  

ATBB are rare. So why get rid of that tag. Look at the films in that list. Mughal E Aazam, Sholay, HAHK etc... They all have contributed and influenced the Indian cinema in many way especially in Box Office matters.

BOI even wrote an article that it was the 17th ATBB.They should really give an explanation abt why its not an ATBB anymore
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rambo.Rajkumar

I see.

Well in that case. It still ATBB is there for a purpose.

Not any film can gain that tag. That film must be very special in terms of total collections, distributors share and total footfalls.  

ATBB are rare. So why get rid of that tag. Look at the films in that list. Mughal E Aazam, Sholay, HAHK etc... They all have contributed and influenced the Indian cinema in many way especially in Box Office matters.

Thats what I said.. ATBB is reserved for years not for 2 months every year. 

And what difference did CE or 3 idiots made to Indian Cinema.

K3.. well its gonna be a path changer. 

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Thats what I said.. ATBB is reserved for years not for 2 months every year. 

And what difference did CE or 3 idiots made to Indian Cinema.

K3.. well its gonna be a path changer. 

Not sure of CE but 3I was a gamechanger. First hindi film to cross 200cr. It ran months.

And as for ATBB tags aren't given on basis of how long it runs for but the footfalls which I assumed is totalled in the period of how long the films in demand.

K3 cant be a gamechager sadly. With a big difference between producers figures and distributors figures. I doubt anyone will care or remember the figures of K3 after few months. Same has happened to many films off recently. 60 - 70cr is a huge difference. And here Mr Roshan is assuming it'll earn 300cr. Something's fishy.

It's the first it has happened that the figures given by distributors and producers is more than 60cr, Previously it was only CE (20cr difference), Barfi (20cr difference), YJHJ (14cr difference), ETT (15cr difference) and finally JTHJ (22cr difference). Those were from UTV and YRF banners and for Filmkraft which seems new in the race made sound so hard to believe their figures
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
3I was just a better version of DCH.. and I think DCH was path changer in all honesty. Many films with 3 males stars and male bonds came out after that.
Nobody has forgotten KMG or Krrish and they wont forget K3.. Coz it proved we can do it.. with limited budget.. a superhero sci fi.. 

Abt profits.. mate.. RR already made profit b4 the film was released/ And so did srk br CE. Guess how? πŸ˜‰

And puleezz dont even talk abt BOI.. πŸ˜•

Edited by AllBlacks1 - 10 years ago

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

3I was just a better version of DCH.. and I think DCH was path changer in all honesty. Many films with 3 males stars and male bonds came out after that.

Nobody has forgotten KMG or Krrish and they wont forget K3.. Coz it proved we can do it.. with limited budget.. a superhero sci fi.. 

Abt profits.. mate.. RR already made profit b4 the film was released/ And so did srk br CE. Guess how? πŸ˜‰

And puleezz dont even talk abt BOI.. πŸ˜•

You'd show the support for BOI  if they also gave false figures for K3.

Years from now, BOI's figures will be taken seriously as they always provide the data for many years to follow onto. And secondly, Boxoffice Mojo (world's most known Box office site) which gives data of what and how much each film makes in each country are associated with Box Office Indian.

I am talking about game changer at Box Office. Yeah Krrish is indeed iconic but cant be called a gamechanger.

Meherbaan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
YESSS!
this is super ridiculous!

they can go with: 

ATBB
BB
Hit 
Average
Flop
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Heisenberg.

ATBB should be replaced with ATW*F aka All Time What The f**k, because no one understands how and why these films do so well.

🀣🀣

I agreeπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

These tags are given by BOI...so these good only for people who trust BOI...for me they are as useless as BOIπŸ˜†...I don't care for them...but they are really irritating...because I don't see the rationale behind these tags...so tags jaaye bhaad meinπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
nope...they show the extent to which a film becomes successful or fails...dunt think therz any problem with them...
These tags are important when comparing films from different time periods. You can't compare them with raw collections or Himmatwala will be a bigger grosser than Sholay. Adjusting for Inflation doesn't always give the correct picture. But a tag stays for life.

So we can stay with certainty that HAHK is a bigger hit than a CE and so forth because one is an ATBB while the other is a BB.
Edited by Bossman - 10 years ago