Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Karan Johar to remake Tamil hit 'Vettai'

IndiaGlitz [Thursday, August 01, 2013]

Released last year in January, Tamil film 'Vettai' was well received by south audience; becoming a runaway hit at the box office. So much that it was even remade in Telugu, titled as 'Tadakha'. Starring R. Madhavan, Arya, Sameera Reddy and Amala Paul in lead, it is interesting to note that the Tamil superhit film was bannered under UTV. Now after one year, the film seems to have won the heart of B-town's most celebrated filmmaker Karan Johar, who is said to be all set to remake 'Vettai' in Hindi.

In fact it will be for the first time that he will be producing a south Indian masala film. Talking about it, Karan said, "I was very impressed with Vettai when I watched it, but I didn't know UTV was involved in it. I've now partnered with them for the Hindi remake. We will soon announce the name of a young actor, who will fill the slot of a true-blue action star."

Details like the cast and director will be finalised within a week of the filmmaker-actor's return to the city. "The film will have a lot of heroism, humour and great scope for music. It's going to be a commercial potboiler and one of the few films with a pan-India appeal," revealed Karan, adding, "We are in discussions with a couple of directors and actors. Things should be finalised sooner rather than later."

There were many rumours in the past about the film about the star cast. "I don't know about the history of the film, but now, I am part of it," stated Karan.

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shahid was reported to be doing it earlier but then it was later reported he wouldn't be doing it anymore.
vssaras thumbnail
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

Shahid was reported to be doing it earlier but then it was later reported he wouldn't be doing it anymore.

Someone tweeted today with this starcast..not sure how true it is..never heard that Sonam & Diana were part of it before..
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Is this some random person on twitter? ðŸ˜†
vssaras thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

Is this some random person on twitter? ðŸ˜†

Looks like that...😆 ..but the cast looks interesting..😛
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I'm only excited about the fact (Don't like remakes) that AT LAST Shahid will work w/ Kjo. Whatever...I like KJO as a director. 😆
vssaras thumbnail
Now they are saying KJo is the director..not at all sure if I can believe this..😆

• The rumors of Vettai's remake are again getting attention. Ali Zafar (as the lead) and Shahid Kapoor are again considered for the the Role with Sonam Kapoor and Daina penty as the leading girls. 
    and this time the director is our own Karan Johar!

Edited by vssaras - 10 years ago
slumgod.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Vettai is a terrible/shitty/crappy masala movie which only Salman Khan can deliver. I feel bad for Shahid. Its not gonna work for him.
vssaras thumbnail
Originally posted by: slumgod..

Vettai is a terrible/shitty/crappy masala movie which only Salman Khan can deliver. I feel bad for Shahid. Its not gonna work for him.

Don't agree at all..Loved the movie..😳
TheJake thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: slumgod..

It's not even official yet. So, we are safe - both sides. ðŸ˜†