Frequent Posters

Sn12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

which race was Gauhar offensive to? Bimbos? ðŸ˜†

How are they bimbos? Doesn't make any sense to me. Duhhh 
Is there a term for people who are rather quick to use the race, gender, sexual orientation and other similar cards at the SLIGHTEST hint of it? Let's call it STUPIDITISM... Hey everyone, there is STUPIDITISM on this forum. 
akash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: muskaan23

I agree to some extend, but doubt that bigg boss will take any action about it... i remember posting my self a similar topic here.. it was when Pratyusha said (completely out of context) "Hindustan, Hindustan karte hain Hindi bolni nahi aati!" n rolled her eyes...

I dont think they r racists as such, i just guess that is their insecurity sometimes (I AM NOT REFERRING THIS TO GAUHAR OR TANISHA, JUST SAYING IN GENERAL - PLZ NO ONE FEEL OFFENDED) .i mean at the end of the day they all work hard to become successful actors and then out of nowhere all those foreigners (e.g. Katrina Kaif) come there dont even speak the language, but are more in demand then they are and even manage to become superstars. 

I think it is really sad that they look at it from this perspective and not feel proud that their country has such a good culture and filmindustry that even "outsiders" are eager to work in India. And i also think IF someone is to blame, then most definitely not the foreigners who come to work, but more the filmmakers who give them a chance. Still do I think no one is to blame, but they should feel proud!

But a lot of actors (specially females) have this tendency to b jealous about foreigners, but ultimately no one ever feels this to be discriminating... i mean for example Tabu once said "I have had it with directors faking it. They'll say they want to work with me and then end up signing some EXOTIC SPECIMEN!" ... no one ever raised his word against this comment in B'town, did they? I find tht completely inappropriate, specially given the fact that she herself works in english movies. Hypocritical, dont u guys think?

Nah. Nothing hypocritical. You have just had some overdose of fight against discrimination.

What Tabu said is these actresses are absorbed purely because how  they expose and the appeal of of the foreigner body purely as an object to Indian audience. They are not into the business for their acting skill. I am personally a fan of Katrina but we know even though she is a rare exception this element is true for her too, she lacks acting skill by some degree. Bring into picture people like Sunny Leone etc., we all know they just sell their flesh.

Tabu is objecting to it and there is no concept of desi or foreigner here.

I guess some people just love the word discrimination so much they are always looking for the slightest hint with a microscope.
akash08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: moises

Is there a term for people who are rather quick to use the race, gender, sexual orientation and other similar cards at the SLIGHTEST hint of it? Let's call it STUPIDITISM... Hey everyone, there is STUPIDITISM on this forum. 

Yes and mostly people living in abroad. After practicing the art discrimination for years these foreign countries now supply overdose of discrimination theory to its citizens and some people just are in constant search for applying their knowledge.
Sn12 thumbnail
OK SO SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT RACISM, TO ME IT WAS AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.
NOW EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOWNS HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH RIght?  NOW THE WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IS WITH A STRONG ACCENT. 

THE ONLY PERSON WITHOUT AN ACCENT IS ANDY. NOW SHOULDN'T SOPHIA AND ELLIE LAUGH AND MOCK AT TH WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH?

akash08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sn12

OK SO SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT IT WAS NOT RACISM, TO ME IT WAS AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

NOW EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE KNOWNS HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH RIght?  NOW THE WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IS WITH A STRONG ACCENT. 

THE ONLY PERSON WITHOUT AN ACCENT IS ANDY. NOW SHOULDN'T SOPHIA AND ELLIE LAUGH AND MOCK AT TH WAY THEY SPEAK ENGLISH?

Let them laugh, we may fell offended but won't call it racism.

Just go and ask your teacher who taught you this subject and he would clarify.

I live in Uk. People constantly mock about various accent among each other and we do not call it racism and none feels offended. It is taken light heartedly.

Dude, you need sone fun in life. Life need not be so serious, chill and enjoy it, see the lighter side.
Sn12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: akash08

Let them laugh, we may fell offended but won't call it racism.

Just go and ask your teacher who taught you this subject and he would clarify.

I live in Uk. People constantly mock about various accent among each other and we do not call it racism and none feels offended. It is taken light heartedly.

Dude, you need sone fun in life. Life need not be so serious, chill and enjoy it, see the lighter side.

Dude I know the definition of racist, but I said to me its racism, if u don't think that then u can chill alright? Cool 
Edited by Sn12 - 10 years ago
Hello. Sangram's English is mocked pretty much evrytime i watch the show.

Elle and Andy try to teach him English song, make him sing it aloud and laugh. Call that racism babez?

Ps. Hello Akash ;).
muskaan23 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: akash08

Nah. Nothing hypocritical. You have just had some overdose of fight against discrimination.

What Tabu said is these actresses are absorbed purely because how  they expose and the appeal of of the foreigner body purely as an object to Indian audience. They are not into the business for their acting skill. I am personally a fan of Katrina but we know even though she is a rare exception this element is true for her too, she lacks acting skill by some degree. Bring into picture people like Sunny Leone etc., we all know they just sell their flesh.

Tabu is objecting to it and there is no concept of desi or foreigner here.

I guess some people just love the word discrimination so much they are always looking for the slightest hint with a microscope.

I had some overdoes of fight against discrimination?? huh? I doubt that, this comment of Tabu in particular is hypocritical given the fact that she works in Hollywood projects, where she herself is a "Exotic Specimen" ... I am not saying I dont like her work there, i think she is one of the best actresses India has, but she should have not said that. 

What tabu meant? Even I got that and it's not that i disagree with her pov, i personally don't like Katrina because she lacks of acting talent and I personally feel it is annoying that almost every good movie I have to bear her poor acting and dialogue delivery. No doubt she is beautiful. Regarding Sunny Leone, I agree too. 

I get what Tabu is objecting about too, but find it sad that she didnt use a better term than "Exotic Specimen", it is inappropriate. 

I am not looking for it with a microscope, but in this particular case i do expect someone like Tabu to choose her words wisely. 
LOL if anyone deserves to raise hell here, it's Sangram because the poor guy is pretty much stripped naked on tv every weekend.. figuratively, but still. 

I don't get what the topic starter is taking an issue with. Making fun of people and pulling each others legs is a part of living together with people. Calm down and stop labeling people and their silly acts with loaded terms. Just because they made fun of elli and sophia does not mean that they hold a racist attitude towards non-indians on the whole.