Racism In BB house - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Nitu_ST_Deewani

which race was Gauhar offensive to? Bimbos?😆

I wish I can like this a thousand times! Classic!
Originally posted by ..Asya..

But still gauhar will say(on saturday) that she never laughed on other contestants. ðŸ˜†
shame on Gauhar.. shes bad representative of her race, religion and gender.. Also shame on Ellie to nominate Sofie on her face.😕
I agree to some extend, but doubt that bigg boss will take any action about it... i remember posting my self a similar topic here.. it was when Pratyusha said (completely out of context) "Hindustan, Hindustan karte hain Hindi bolni nahi aati!" n rolled her eyes...

I dont think they r racists as such, i just guess that is their insecurity sometimes (I AM NOT REFERRING THIS TO GAUHAR OR TANISHA, JUST SAYING IN GENERAL - PLZ NO ONE FEEL OFFENDED) .i mean at the end of the day they all work hard to become successful actors and then out of nowhere all those foreigners (e.g. Katrina Kaif) come there dont even speak the language, but are more in demand then they are and even manage to become superstars. 

I think it is really sad that they look at it from this perspective and not feel proud that their country has such a good culture and filmindustry that even "outsiders" are eager to work in India. And i also think IF someone is to blame, then most definitely not the foreigners who come to work, but more the filmmakers who give them a chance. Still do I think no one is to blame, but they should feel proud!

But a lot of actors (specially females) have this tendency to b jealous about foreigners, but ultimately no one ever feels this to be discriminating... i mean for example Tabu once said "I have had it with directors faking it. They'll say they want to work with me and then end up signing some EXOTIC SPECIMEN!" ... no one ever raised his word against this comment in B'town, did they? I find tht completely inappropriate, specially given the fact that she herself works in english movies. Hypocritical, dont u guys think?

Edited by muskaan23 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by NancyAjram

Sophia being prejudice and racist towards Ejaz, because he is a muslim?! No one has an issue with that?

WHATTT???? WHEN did Sophia say that??? Y does she have a problem with him being MUSLIM?? huh??? ðŸ˜²
Originally posted by muskaan23

WHATTT???? WHEN did Sophia say that??? Y does she have a problem with him being MUSLIM?? huh??? ðŸ˜²
people make up things here wherever their imagination run wild.. Sofie disliked Ajaz because she met him before show and this lecher started texting her.

For you it was just a joke but for some people it wasn't a joke.
So what if they don't know hindi very well?

I know interfering in this could be quite "dangerous" for me, but I feel the need to clarify/remind some things. PLEASE dont feel offended, i HONESTLY DONT SUPPORT ANY CONTESTANT and just simply try to enjoy the show. 

Whether those particular comments were meant to be racist, i honestly doubt that. I think it was just meant in humor given the fact that both of the ladies do not speak the language, but at the end of the day it was inappropriate and the problem is that in a country like India ppl are not very sensitive with racism, compared to the west. In a western show this would have been an issue, remember Shilpa Shetty was made fun off because of her accent?! 

but desi344 i would like to remind u, that Gauhar DID complaint about ppl calling her "cook" to her face - which if u look at it from the same perspective is simply what she does and should then b not offensive. Also DID she complaint about ppl saying "mein 10 10 ghante baat karti hun!" to her face, which again is what she does. 
Also there is a difference, which Gauhar herself explained very well when she felt offended by Tanisha's comment, she said "that a person who is saying something JUST AS A JOKE will say that on your face and as Tanisha said it behind her back, so it is clear that her intentions were derogatory!" ... so at the end the point is that she was NOT MAKING FUN OF THEM ON THIER FACE, but talking about THEIR WEAKNESS on their back and making fun of this weakness. 

Also that is the difference to Salman's comments, he says it to their face.  
I dont find it racist but completely rude. If someone does the same to any of Gauhar, Kamya and Tanisha then it would be a big problem.

But still gauhar will say(on saturday) that she never laughed on other contestants. ðŸ˜†
Hahaha she'll be like I'm the only person in the house who never talked shit abt anyone hahah
Originally posted by LovelyPlanet

people make up things here wherever their imagination run wild.. Sofie disliked Ajaz because she met him before show and this lecher started texting her.

Seriously yaar, how can anyone make such thing up! That is wrong yaar! Do not drag religion into this, please.

haan even i knew tht Sophia doesnt like Aijaz because of the experience she had with him before BB, same as Eliie. How can someone interpret religion into that!!?? 
Internet social reformers are increasing exponentially. It is true that you may not like what Gainar or Tanisha did but calling it racism?
I personally think such paranoid behaviour comes form someone being victim of racism and in that case please accept my sympathy.