Mahakatha Mahabharata Ki - Newsletter# 2 - The winds of Change!

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Presents

Debo: You are so useless Srushti, you call me to join the Newsletter and then you go gayab!!
Manan : Yes when is the thread gonna be put up...I submitted first and
yet I am put last in the thread

Srushti : But my PC was sick! Ab mein kya karu!!

Vrish:
At this rate, you will put this NL when Abhimanyu will be learning his way into Chakravyuh!

Omshreejaanu: What is everyone talking about?? I toh find everything Saras in this thread๐Ÿ˜ณ

Nandini: Who is Saras? Srushti, you never introduce people around!! We are so confused!!! This thread looks like Nagaland looked to Bheema๐Ÿ˜›
Srushti : do you mean that I look like the Naga King Vasuki

Appy : Srush ..You look  very sweet!

Srush:: You are always so sweet!

Debo: Uff...do you guys have to go lovey dovey all the time?? It looks like Shakuni and Bheeshma talking๐Ÿคข

Vrish :err.. are we EVER gonna have the NL on publication???

Viz.: ..
err  what is everyone talking about??

haha!! so as you see...we are a bunch of mix and match people who have come around with this Newsletter and finally putting it together..here we are๐Ÿ˜› hum aa gaye๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

Special Thanks to

My dearest Volunteers - Vrish, Proud-India, Nandiniraizaada, Amor, Deboleena & Varaali
And my dearest Creatives and all time ready to help and take over Appy & Ilovesobti
And special thanks!! to OmshreeJaanu for her everready help! In all departments!!!

Edited by -Srushti- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail
Srushti

It had been an eventful month, with Pandu taking over the throne and then getting married to Madri...But ofcourse, fate took a different recourse and before anything good continues, Pandu kills Rishi Kindam and suffers a curse from him which forbids him from living his matrimonial life with his wives...Disappointed by this, he leaves for the jungle with his wives and leaves Hastinapur in care of Dhitrashtra who is all happy shappy!!

Inspite, of a boon for hundred sons, Gandhari fails to deliver a son to Dhitrashtra and on the otherside Pandu implores Kunti to use the boon given by Durvasa, and borne the children through different Devatas. As a result, Kunti gives birth to Yudhishthira before Gandhari delivers a child.

Dhitrashtra is disappointed and turns almost a villain and as a result, Gandhari hurts herself to accelerate the delivery...the child is born and it is known that the child would bring downfall of Hastinapur...but Dhitrashtra is very attached to the child and spoils him bad!! The child ofcourse is Duryodhana followed by the birth of another 99 brothers and one sister of his!!

5 Pandavas are born and are living a happy and carefree life with their parents in the jungle!!

In Hastinapur, Shakuni manages to fuel the already useless and insecure mind of Dhitrashtra and as a result, Dhitrashtra pampers his son and does injustice to his citizens...which results into Satyavati realizing the fatality of her ambitions...She departs to bring Pandu back...but as she reaches there...Pandu, who forgets Rishi Kidam's curse momentarily, is enchanted by Madri, and dies as he tries to go near her...

Satyavati is broken hearted and decides to exile herself but tells Kunti, the lone surviving wife, as Madri decides to go Sati after Pandu, to go to Hastinapur!

Pandavas arrive Hastinapur but are not welcomed by Kauravas...Shakuni is inciting Duryodhana and Dhitrashtra against Pandavas and finally he, along with Duryodhana, manages to drug Bheema and throw him in the water in the hope that it has killed him, but Bheema returns more powerful than ever, thanks to his encounter with Vasuki, the king of Nagas!!

Kunti decides to leave Hastinapur, but Bheeshma stops him and rounds up on Dhitrashtra and makes him bow down to his wish of making Kaurvas and Pandavas go to Guru Drona, in a Gurukul for education and also manages to commit Dhitrashtra  to a vow that after 12 years, only the eligible Prince will be crowned on the throne as Prince of Hastinapur!!

He also kicks Shakuni out of Hastinpur!
๐Ÿ˜›

Srushti

This scene was the most powerpacked of the series! Why Bheeshma was revered and feared by all!! Why he had such great presence and hold !! Although, we learn that how even such powerful of men become pawns in the hands of fate in the later part of Mahabharat! But the scene am talking about, is the one where, Bheeshma on learning that Durri had tried to kill Bheema storms into the Darbaar where Dittu is sitting!! Makes him fumble and mumble and crushes his defenses of being a blind and insecure person into a rumble!!

The way he tackles Dhittu's useless defense of his prince charming son being young, and tells him that he was saying otherwise when he wanted his useless son on the throne!! Ultimately, making Dhittu bow down to his wish to send Dhittu along with Pandavas to Gurukul, far away from Dhittu's mollycoddling and also having the trump card of having the choice of choosing the prince on the base of eligibility as soon as the Princes come after completing the education!

And ofcourse the later scene, where he kicks Shakku out of Hastinaur!! Padhariye!! Was the ultimate dialogue! The whole episode was dedicated to Bheeshma!! And he just shines through!!๐Ÿ‘

Nandiniraizada

Scene : Satyavati sitting on the banks of ganga remembers Bheeshma's vow

Satyavati: Tumhare isi tat par tumhare putra ne pratigya li thi. Tum ne use tabhi rok lia hota to itne jeevan nashta nahi hue hote. Ku nahi roka tumne use? Ku nahi?

Ganga: Mere tat pe roz hazaro log pratigya lete hain. Main yadi sab ko rokne lagi to srishti kaise chalegi satyavati?

Satyavati: Parantu Bheeshma tumhara putra hai. Pachees varsha tak tumne use sanskar diye, Yogya banaya. Jab usne pratigya li to tumhare hridaye main peera nahi hui?

Ganga:Mera putra kaun nahi hai ? Mere tat oe aane valla har manushya mera putra hai , aur main kisse pavitrta aur sanskar nahi deti?

Satyavati: To kya bheeshma tumhari drishti main vishesh nahi hai?

Ganga: Vishesh hai kintu apne hriday se meri drishti main nahi.Satyavati aaj hastinapur ki job hi durgati hai uska karan tum ho, kunki tumhari drishti bhed dekhti hai , meri nahi

Satyavati: Main ek samanya manushya hu tumhari tarha Amar nahi, Manushya ke man main mrityu ka bhai reheat hai isliye wo suraksha shunsta hai. Main bhi to suraksha hi dhund rahi thi.

Ganga: To mili suraksha? Kya mila? Jeevan bhar ka sangharsha aur vrisdhavastha main apman, praja ka shrap? Jal ke patra main namak daalo ya shakkar ye nirnay tumhara hai parantu ek baar lene ke baad use ultaya nahi jaa sakta Satyavati.

Satyavati: Main jaanti hu bhul meri hi thi parantu tab mujhe bhavishya bhi to nahi dikhta tha. Parantu am mujhe kururashtra ke bhavishya to drith banana hoga

Ganga: Pehela nirnay bhi tumne liya tha. Ab dusra nirnay bhi tumhe lena hoga Satyavati

Scene : Pandu and Yudhistir

Pandu:Shastra utna hi laabh deta hai jitna manobal ho, Shastra utna hi laabh deta hai jitna Aatmabal ho. Jab parishthitiyan kathin ho tab bhi manushya to dharma ka tyag nahi karna chahiye putra.Jab tez pavan chalti hai to vriksho ko ukhar deti hai par jo vriksha bhumi se jude rehete hain wo manobal hai. Jab bhoomi ke keede vriksha ko khane lage aur na kha payen. Wo Aatma bal hai.Jab manushya ke hridaye main paap janme to use na harna hi Aatma bal hai

Satyavati after Pandu's death

Satyavati: Pratiti ho rahi hai mere prasthan ka samay ho raha hai. Mera jeevan phoolo ki mallika hai. Lalsa ka vish vriksha lagaya tha maine. Shuru se.Parantu main dusht vyakti nahi thi . Mera prem bhi arthheen nahi tha.bas apni ischao par maryadah nahi rakh pai aur meri inhi ichao ke karan kustuvansha ne bohot bhoga hai. Ab mujhe prayaschit karna hai. Main tumhare saaath Hastina pur nahi jaungi Vidur

Scene Vidur and Bheeshma

Vidur: Ishvar smarthshali ke hi bhagya main pareeksha likhte hain kadachit sadharan manushya ko dhairya ka paad padhane ke liye.

Deboleenamanna

Hey all..hiii...m new to the group..may be you know me..may be you don't know me..so let me introduce myself..m Deboleena..you can call me Debo and now m here with Character Of The Month...so let's see..who is our COTM...๐Ÿ˜‰..any guess?..no?๐Ÿ˜ฒ...arre ye to wohi hoga ya hogi na jo apne ek darshan se hi bolti bandh kar de...๐Ÿ˜†..abhi tak nehi samjhe..๐Ÿ˜ฒ..okay..so Character Of The Month hai aur koi nehi...hamari Mata Ganga..๐Ÿ˜ƒ..ab puchoge ke kyun?๐Ÿ˜›..arre baba ek to unko koi scene milta hi nehi hai to jab unko ek episode mila to kya band bajayi Satyavati ki..๐Ÿ˜†...she was like.."arre mujhe to koi scene milta hi nehi to ab jab ek mila hai to use thori na ese jane dungi..mere bete ka hak china hai..uske sari galtiya chun chun k ginwaungi"...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..kya badla liya k pure scene main Satyavati k muh se jyada kuch nikla hi nehi..and sabse best to woh scene hai jab Satyavati ne advice mangi Ganga se ke ab use kya karna chahiye...to kya answer diya...kisi ne sach hi kaha hai Sautano ka jhagra bare majedar hota hai which you can enjoy all the time with popcorn..๐Ÿ˜‰..ab ye kisne kaha hai janna chahte ho?..maine..๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†...to ab main chali...next month wapas aungi...tab tak mujhe yaad rakhna bhul na jana..aur agar bhul bhi gaye to yaad dilana mujhe ache se ata hai..๐Ÿ˜‰byeee..๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Srushti

Ofcourse, Aarav Chaudhary has excelled as Bheeshma!!The way he just took over the whole episodes, showing his emotional side when he stopped Kunti from leaving, to his anger on Dhittu and his mollycoddling habits to his absolute Sarcastic Avatar when he comes near Shakuni...the way he tells him about his Hatya on his face!! Absolutely amazing!! The man has just taken over the character like his own!! He towers over everyone with his sheer presence and his voice SO compliments him in this task!!!!

And the second Actor, ofcourse...the Chotu Durri...Alam Khan!!! Although it can be said  that he gives overt expressions at time, but it is difficult to play the spoiled brat and shrewd and a completely obsessed with throne Durri..and Alam has done a wonderful job!! He plays the job of Duryodhan to a T. The young lad is gonna be missed as the show takes a leap

Srushti

The show has some excellent shots and these are just few excerpts!! The way they have taken pains for each and every object and props is just amazing! The creative directors have excelled in every frame!! Even the under water effects have been done awesomely!!

-Srushti- thumbnail

Amor
1. Pandu leaves for Forest

Pandu renounces the world , He and his wives dons the garb of ascetic's and descend the steps of the palace , heading towards the wilderness while Dhritarashtr is anointed as the King and ascends the steps of the throne.

2. Satyawati realizes the big mistake of her greed ...

"Suwarna matsya ne tumhari hateli se
rakt bahaya tha Satyavati...
Ye lalsa hriday se rakt bahayega..."

Satyavati goes to the banks of Ganga , pleads with Ganga to help her at this crucial time, Ganga refuses saying that so far it has always been Satyavati who had taken decision, henceforth the decision should be her's only. Satyavati realizes her folly and her greed as well as her fear that drove all the actions which has brought Hastinapur to the present sorry state of affairs .

Srushti

I know that there were many, and most of them were covered by Dhittu and his blind son love...from being to the shameless hubby declaring to his preggy wifey that he is going to call for a maid to bear his son๐Ÿคข to telling Drona that his beloved sons will not go to Gurukul because he cant bear their separation...But the best irritating scene belonged to the series of scene between Kunti and Madri...Suddenly Mahabharat had turned into Sauten Saheli drama๐Ÿคข

-Srushti- thumbnail

Vrish

What sort of a husband was Dhritarashtra? From this story, one would get the idea that he was an ancient day abusive husband, who tortured his wife for her shortcomings despite having a major one himself.

You would think that being blind, Dhritarashtra would be grateful that any princess would be willing to marry him - which he was, in the original story.  But not here.  The moment Satyavati blasted Gandhari for entering the wedding blindfold, Dhritarashtra hated her to his marrow, and later, enjoyed torturing her by condemning her decision to forsake jewellery for flowers so that he could enjoy that, making her find him while blindfold, and enjoying as she trips on the pottery b4 mocking her, and then throwing her to the ground.  Essentially, a man who would make Viraj Dobriyal proud ๐Ÿ˜†

The icing on the cake, if one will, is Dhritarashtra's torture of Gandhari during her pregnancy, where he accuses her of manufacturing the story of her boon to get herself married into this family.  This gets aggravated when Yudhisthir beats Gandhari's son out of the womb, despite Gandhari being pregnant for 15 months.  Dhritarashtra celebrates that news by going to her puja garden, blasting her, and later on, openly sending for Gandhari's maid for him to consummate ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคข  Of course, Gandhari, as the modern bahu, orders Sukhda to go, ignoring whether Sukhda herself has any rights or not.

In the original story, Gandhari herself injured her fetus out of jealousy herself that Kunti had beaten her to the punch - no Dhritarashtra abuse was needed.  However, how can one whitewash Gandhari w/o blackwashing Dhritarashtra even more?

Vrish

The renunciation of Satyavati after the death of Pandu.  Due to Dhritarashtra's policy of pampering his sons, she decides to go w/ Vidura to invite Pandu to return - something that she'd have had little power to do, the way this track is written.  Once she sees Pandu dead, she asks Vidura to take Kunti & the Pandavas back to Hastinapur, while she gives up her royal life and retires to the forest for good.  Kunti is welcomed back by, among others, Ambika & Ambalika.

In the original story, Satyavati never went to fetch Pandu, but after the news of Pandu's death, Vyasa advised her to renounce the palace and retire to his ashram, and she moved there, along w/ Ambika & Ambalika, so that none of them would have to see the bickering that took place b/w their grandchildren.

Although thinking of it, why would Ambika leave for the forests if her son has been made king?  Doesn't make as much sense as it would for Ambalika, who had lost hers.  At any rate, this spin made it look like Ambika & Ambalika were still available in the palace, if needed by Duryodhan or Bhima. ๐Ÿ˜†

Vrish
So who do you think had his or her character blackened beyond belief?  While you'd be right in guessing any of the Kauravas, the surprise entry this month - who caused an upset in the way she was depicted - the innocent & gentle Madri, mother of Nakul/Sahadev.  (At least that's how she's described in the original epic)

Right from the moment she arrived @ Hastinapur, she feigns sympathy w/ Kunti, and then within the same conversation, issues a veiled threat against competing.  Following that, she loses no opportunity to insult or otherwise belittle Kunti, whether it's snide remarks @ her Yadu origins (itself questionable, given that she was adopted out to Kuntibhoj) or her objections to Pandu abdicating, or her lashing out @ Kunti for having children, while she couldn't.  A minor twist in the tale here - making it look like Kunti out of generosity taught her the mantra, when in fact, Pandu requested her on Madri's behalf.

Not just that - during her brief time in the serial, after the birth of her sons, she is rarely shown in a family moment, even w/ just Nakul/Sahadev or just Pandu.  The Pandavas have a brief moment w/ Pandu, a brief moment w/ Kunti, but that's it.  One would think that the CVs have no use for Madri once she gave birth.

The saas-bahufication of her character was completed w/ her ending - like a villain sometimes reforms before exiting a story, so did Madri.  After Pandu's death, she recounts her sins. Here too, when Kunti declines her request to die, Madri ignores her and dies anyway ๐Ÿ˜•  (In the original, she humbly thanked Kunti for acceding to all her requests to date, and asked her for one last favor - the right to take her place in Pandu's pyre, since she was responsible for her  death.  I grant that modern serials can't show instances of sati, but still, this twist was unneeded 

-Srushti- thumbnail

Varaali

The Naga Connection

Everyone knows the story of how Bhima was poisoned by Duryodhana and then sunk into the river- where he was rescued by the Naga chief Aryaka- who claimed to be his ancestor.

So what exactly was this connection?

Kunti was the biological daughter of Shoorasen,  a Yadava chief. Many years earlier, there were three clans inhabiting the lower  plains of Yamuna. They were the Andhakas, the Shooras and the Vrishnis. Due to inter- marriages between them, they became a confederacy known as the Yadavas.

As they grew in strength and number, the Yadavas started clearing forests and bringing  large tracts of land under their control. While doing so, they often came in conflict with the local Naga tribes- who were ruling those lands then.

The Yadavas were Aryas by birth and nature and followed the Vedic code of life. The Nagas, on the other hand were native dwellers with their own customs and traditions.  Slowly the Yadava and other Aryan tribes began to dominate and the Nagas were forced to retreat further and further into the dense forests. Ultimately they began to inhabit the deep swampy wetland regions.

During one expedition Shoorasen- then a young chief - went hunting into the forests where he was attacked by a pack of wolves. A group of Nagas arrived there and drove away the wolves. Shoora was rescued by the Nagas but they made him a captive and bought him before their king Vasuki. Vasuki wanted to put Shoora to death, but his minister Aryaka thought differently.

Aryaka wanted to put to an end to this enmity between the Nagas and rest of the Aryan tribes. He was also shrewd enough to realize that if the Nagas had to survive, they had to make peace with the others. So he offered his daughter Marishaa in marriage to Shoora. Shoora accepted the proposal, married the Naga princess and brought her to his home.

Shoora and Marishaa had several sons, the eldest of whom was Vasudeva, Krishna's father. Their eldest daughter was Pritha a.k.a Kunti.

Thus Aryaka was Bhima's great grandfather.

Srushti

Ofcourse, without his teachings this Newsletter is incomplete...For me the best of his gyaan, was when he was explaining the meaning and purpose of Dharma...For people who think that ultimately the ones who follow Dharma are the sufferers, this teaching was like a balm on the sore hearts. When he said that people who seek happiness THROUGH Dharma are the ones who are disappointed...Because

Dharma se sukh nahi, Dharma swayam sukh hai!!

Srushti
Waise toh I am allegedly deported to Gandhar๐Ÿ˜› But my antics will always stay in HP (Harry Potter nahi, Hastinapur!!)
So my Bhanjas, and my Bhanjas ki bhanjis
, it is indebatable that I am the entertainer of the whole State..And since nobody has counted me in any of the awards๐Ÿ˜ก I am giving few to myself..

Ca
t walk of the month

Ofcourse my walk. So graceful it is that even my andhe jiju sat up straight to have a look at it!! and yet nobody appreciates me๐Ÿ˜ญ Just look at the speed I ramp walk..I mean Darbar walk to the Sinhasan...and Just look at Bheeshma who can't get his eyes off me๐Ÿ˜ณ

Best smile of the month!

Just look at this smile, Hai aisi smile Kissiki? still people dont give me credit for being a handsome man This is the main fact I want to destroy Hastinapur!! They dont even show my wife, who always keeps praising my teeth and hair...๐Ÿ˜ก

The best kick on the rear of the month!!

In the history of Hastinapur, I was perhaps the only person who was seen off by Pitamah alone..and not only that...he took personal care to have my luggage packed and have my horses ready??? Bolo!! is there anyone else who got this privilege?? But nah! People just dont appreciate me..hmph!! I am gonna destroy Hastinapur๐Ÿ˜ก

The best Matrix effect of the month!!

Just look at this...Matrix effect and expressions...the way I gave when I saw Bheem unveil himself..it was I was blown off just by the flick of his shawl...In fact had it not been my jaunty cap...you would have seen my hair raise, too!! But still *Sniff*

-Srushti- thumbnail

selected by
Appy

Best AVI

and it is by
.Bhavani.

And

.JanakiRaghunath.

Congo Shongo Yaaras!! Here is your prize !!A siggy by  Viz! Flaunt it! !!

Best Icon

selected by
Appy

and it is by
 .Manasie23.

Best Siggie

selected by
Appy

and it is by
 .debasree04.

Congo Shongo Yaaras!! Here is your prize !!A siggy by Viz! Flaunt it! !!

selected by
ProudIndia

and it is 
 .rasyafan.

selected by
ProudIndia

and it is 
Were Pandavs really the sons of GODS!?

By 

bhas1066

Most Innovative threads

The Chronology of Mahabharat

By
- rasyafan

A tribute to Arun Singh Rana: you will be sorely missed!!

By

JanakiRaghunath

-Srushti- thumbnail

So, As the main thread says, I am super late..and the format is also a bit different!!The Team NL has worked hard and hope the readers enjoy their work!!

The Newsletter covers a period of Episodes from 11 October to 10 November!! And the next newsletter will be out on the Second Sunday of December!

But ofcourse, next Newsletter will also bid adieu to the Chhotus !! So I am also inviting members if they want to contribute to that, any contribution can be pmed to me !!

Till then!! Jai Shri Krishna๐Ÿ˜ณ

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
๐Ÿ˜ŠEdited by Nandiniraizaada - 10 years ago
Anisha06 thumbnail
Lovely thread๐Ÿ‘
congrats to entire team๐Ÿ‘
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3