Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Bride and groom changed their clothes between varmala and sitting before the holy fire..ashtas saari turned green from yellow and shloks blue shervani turned to grey suit with orange shirt... Whats wrong with the editting?! They didnt even show the phereas!! Why in such a rush to go ahead with the wedding?! To reach the nana nani scene?! Oh now i get it..Agnihotri's dynamics i more important..just as for shlokie daddy is a priority.. when his dad is concerned he forgets all about romancing ashta! I get it, i too like the Agni's berry much but dear cvs.. keep it normal..dnt rush and edit in such manner that people change clothes in a blink of an eye!

Now Coming to things i liked..
Shlok teasing ashta while she was with anjali at the door..then decking her up as one would do with a doll..putting that waist chain on her tacking advantage of the little space between them..and ashta enjoying all that awarding him with a kiss on the cheek too!! Really these two have amazing chemestry!! Shrenu looked very beautiful all ready..nice make up and hair..And Avi too, blue looks great on him..dnt know y cvs made the blunder and changed their outfits later πŸ˜•
While kalindhi takes ashta to mandap..she tells her abt Saint NA actions, really this woman picks theworse moment to tell her..why in the earth she's praising that man just when her daughter is getting married ..shouldnt her mind be busy with good thoughts for her daughter future..hmm, see the greatness of the power of Daddy's manipulating skills!

Ok so they r taken to do the garlands exchange..shlok doesnt bend to help ashta but ashta does it..although she is smaller she still makes things easier for shlok by bending her head..oh Ashta..will u do the same later?!
He fills her maang..puts the new mangalsutra.. meanwhile nana and nani make an apearence!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Myra.nelly thumbnail
Now why didnt nana-nani come with the rest of the old ladies from the ashram?! Did they want to make a speacial entry?! Infact they truly did!!
I wanna correct nana ji, Agnihotris are unique, there r no others like them πŸ˜‰
So they r spotted by the witch..who wants to have fun..as she apears to know abt the original problms between the Agni fam and Slow Motion fam ( my new name for anjalis parents)
Daddy is furious..a vein in his neck is on the verge of breaking..anjali is confused on what too feel..overwhelmed after sering the ones who gave her life..or fear for her husbands reaction..and son too thats y she moves her gaze between the two!
Ashta is happy and kalindhi says to go to them..how on earth is she so blind in not to see how agnis are burning the other couple with the fire in their eyes?! Shlokie refuses to take blessings as the Slow motion fam offended daddy and put him to jail?! Oh my oh my, what a bomb!! So did they discover that he was abusing anjali abd sent him to jail?! And he got out for Saint behaviour?! Now this is interesting!! All the roads lead to Rome..in this case is Daddy.. even shlokie us willinv to let the bird fly away from the cage..as he cant bow down to daddy's offenders..Edited by Myra.nelly - 10 years ago
sonia871 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I was also wondering about clothes...i think it s intentional...
Myra nice thoughts...
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Originally posted by: Soniaman

I was also wondering about clothes...i think it s intentional...
Myra nice thoughts...

thanks Sonia! but Why do u think is intentional?!
--Sia-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Myra this is my first post here πŸ˜Š 
I think maharashtrians dont take pheras ...they have some other ritual for that which symbolises pheras ..may be someone who is from maharashtra can tell us better .
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Shloke's modus operandi is to torment Astha and then sooth her by romancing her. No wonder he wants to get married because then he gets the full license to do what he pleases without any interference. He knows that Astha loves him and will do anything for him and that's why will accept his behavior and he also knows that romance does make her brain spin. If him coming to see Astha and Anjali landing at the same time was not a plan and if had been caught by Anjali and if Anjali would have created a scene then he most probably would have protected Astha and had a shouting match with her. What surprised me was when Anjali gave Astha the shawl that she had to wear as part of family tradition; she did not react when Astha accepted it with her left hand and not the right. I thought Anjali will blast her for this mistake but she did not say anything. She has earlier shown her displeasure to Astha for the same mistake and since she did not say anything today made me think that Anjali might not create scenes where Astha is concerned atleast on the wedding day.  Anyway Shloke had a nice time dressing up his doll...first he wrapped the shawl around Astha's shoulder indicating that he does expect Astha to maintain the family traditions and then he finished up the bridal dressing by placing the kamarbandh seductively around Astha maybe as a reminder that he will later remove it (he has teased her before in the store room by teasingly touching her waist just beneath the kumarbandh). He also put the nose ring (symbolizes fertility) and ended the bridal look by replacing the bindi that she was wearing with another one (he is putting his name on her which he had also earlier told her). Shloke wiping the Astha's  lipstick mark from  his cheek and then kissing it reminded me of another scene where he kissed this wrist which had been bitten by Astha. The difference between the two was that the one today had all the hallmarks of seduction while the earlier one was about raw lust. Shloke is still Shloke, he just changed his ways to get Astha in his pocket. But I also think that the joke is on him, mainly because he likes being the centre of her attention and is also developing feelings for her (the song in the background). He won't realize this now but might later.

Like son, the father might have also realized that the path to get the Kirloskar's in his pocket is not through Avdhut but through someone else. Avdhut has resisted all his pressures and had even told him openly that he will not sign on the papers for the plot. Avdhut knew that not signing the papers might have some negative effects on Astha's married life, yet he was not ready to succumb. Neeranjan might have realized that pushing Avdhut is not going to work but Kalindi can be used to for this purpose. If Astha's backbone is her mother then Kalindi's heart and pride is her daughter.  Yesterday it was Kalinidi who told Neeranjan about their problem. Neeranjan did all the drama regarding the transfer order to be sent on the wedding day and he got what he wanted...Kalindi. His sister also helped him. I mean when she told the Kirloskars that problems might come in the wedding but they can also be solved if one thinks calmly. I am not too sure whether this Atya is just grey traditional lady with old fashion views or that she is also like Neeranjan. But whatever be the case she is doing stuff that are all helping Neeranjan. She was also the one who first accepted the temple wedding so that things do not get out of control when the Kirloskars where retaliating and standing their ground. She was also who told Anjali to work on Astha slowly and to give Astha time. Anyway due to Neeranjan's games he is back in Kalindi's good books and the mother even told the daughter how Neeranjan came to help them out.

Anyway coming back to the wedding, in the temple wedding Shloke did not let Astha put the garland around his neck. In this one he did but he refused to bend down to make it easier for Astha. It was Astha who did the hard work. It was also Astha who bent forward a bit when Shlok was putting the garland around her neck. Shloke also gave her a warning regarding what will happen if she goes against his wishes and when Astha still did not pick the hidden warning, he openly said that he will break the marriage. Shloke is giving Astha the rights of a wife openly in society but the rights also have boundaries...the rights will be based on his terms and conditions. Regarding nana and nani, I could not understand that how can they fill in the blank for Astha's grandmother. I also could not understand that how can someone attend a wedding without knowing the names of the person who are actually getting married. But I did like Anjali's reaction. She was panicking and scared. It also seemed that Jyoti's MIL knows things about the Agnohotris.

Although I did not like the way they rushed through the episode but I did like it mainly because they managed to link things that happened in the past. I also liked watching the simple marriage ceremony but I wish that they had given an explanation regarding changing of the saris. Even a one line would have odne.  As for Asthah and her actions today... well that is what she is. Astha is not someone who thinks before talking. She is also not someone who judges a situation before talking...she is someone who is a bit over confident and who rushes in to fight for others rights. She is an idealist who has no notion regarding practicalities of life. Actually even Kalindi did not think before telling Astha to take blessings from the nana and nani. Kalindi is an experienced person and she should have thought at least once that if Anjali's parents are present then why have they not been introduced? She did not even think that Anjali had pointedly told them that her parents will not be coming.

Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago
sonia871 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Myra i heard that in south indian marriage,rituals happens in different clothes...
Not sure...
--Sia-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Soniaman

Myra i heard that in south indian marriage,rituals happens in different clothes...
Not sure...

i think it happens in every culture ..I am north indian and there is a tradition to change clothes after varmala . sindoor and pheras are done in different clothes .
Operaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nice one Myra,
. The clothes change is a custom in some weddings, I changed my clothes thrice! So was ok with that. Also for the wedding being rushed, isn't this how this serial has been. No time wasted on all the details. Each episode has so much packed into it, I am sure another serial would have had the initial hate track going on until now and the wedding would have been two months worth of episodes. 
Loved the epsiode today, kalindi has fallen into the trap laid by NA. AVdhoot looked worried throughout the wedding though. The dressing room romance was well done. Looking forward to the next few episodes. And love that the bad boy shlokie is slowly coming back.
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Originally posted by: --Sia--

Myra this is my first post here😊

I think maharashtrians dont take pheras ...they have some other ritual for that which symbolises pheras ..may be someone who is from maharashtra can tell us better .

Hi Sia! Good to see you commenting!Welcome to the thread! :)
Well, shlok said anjali and NA took phereas.. so..thats y is confusing!