MEMBERS IN THE PCD

👏 Nicole Scherzinger👏
                                           👏 Carmit Bachar👏
                                          👏Ashley Roberts👏

THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS

👏Jessica Sutta👏
                                       👏Melody Thornton👏
                                        👏Kimberly Wyatt 👏

Some sources claim that Antin first began exploring the idea of a modern burlesque troupe in 1993 with her friend Christina Applegate; the troupe's first performance was in 1995. During this period they performed with numerous guest vocalists (see list below), with a repertoire of '50s and '60s pop standards, performed in lingerie and/or old-fashioned pin-up costumes. Antin reportedly drew inspiration from the choreography of Bob Fosse (Sweet Charity, Cabaret, Chicago).

They secured a Thursday night residency at Los Angeles nightclub The Viper Room, where they stayed from 1995–2001. In June 1999 Playboy ran a Pussycat Dolls pictorial, featuring at least contemporary members Kasey Campbell, Kiva Dawson, Erica Gudis and Lindsley Allen. In 2002 they moved to The Roxy. The group became internationally popular and was featured in magazines, television specials for MTV and VH1, ad campaigns, and movies. Carmen Electra was the group's lead performer for many of their shows. She said "I was part of the Dolls for two years and did every show with them...but financially, I couldn't become part of their new music project...It was a financial sacrifice I couldn't make."

With the involvement of music producers Jimmy Iovine and Ron Fair, the troupe was re-cast, transformed into a pop/R&B recording group, and signed up as employees of Iovine's label Interscope Records.

2003-present: Music career

In 2003, Nicole Scherzinger (a.k.a. Nicole Kea), a former member of Popstars winners Eden's Crush, became the group's lead singer. The present members of the group are Nicole Scherzinger; Carmit Bachar (who joined in 1995); Jessica Sutta (who joined in 2002); and Melody Thornton, Kimberly Wyatt, and Ashley Roberts (who all joined in 2003). They opened the MTV Asia Awards 2004.

In 2005, The Pussycat Dolls released their debut album PCD. The album debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200, selling about 100,000 copies. It has produced four singles. "Don't Cha" (featuring Busta Rhymes, originally recorded by Tori Alamaze) became their first major hit. The follow-up, "Stickwitu", became the group's first U.S. # 1 Billboard Pop Radio hit,it went on to sell over a million digital downloads in the world and became their second #1 single in the UK. The third single, "Beep," featured Black Eyed Peas lead rapper will.i.am. They recently released their latest single, "Buttons," featuring Snoop Dogg which followed in the success of the previous singles and went straight into the top 3 on the UK singles chart, #3. The group's final single has been confirmed as the high tempo, club track "Wait A Minute" and is set for release on August 2006, in North America and "I Don't Need A Man" will be released Worldwide.

The Pussycat Dolls are proving to be a recognised female group as MTV Hits (UK) marks them as #1 in Top 10 Female Groups (July 2006) beating #2 Destiny's Child and #7 Spice Girls. Furthermore, securing #1 in VH1's (UK)

The group won a Billboard Music Award for "Don't Cha" as Top Hot/Dance Club Play Single of the Year. The song was also nominated for Top-Selling Single of the Year and Top-Selling Dance Single of the Year.

At the SXSW music conference in 2006, Interscope lawyer Darryl Franklin said, during a panel discussion, that the contract with the group is unique in that its members are actually salaried employees of the record label and, by design, completely interchangeable. This means that in addition to CD sales, the label also controls merchandise, web sites and all other commercial aspects of the group and their income, excluding song publishing.

Most recently, the Pussycat Dolls have ventured into the virtual world. In 2006, San Francisco-based company Doppelganger (along with Interscope Records) launched the PCD Music Lounge, an interactive website.

On June 30th's VSpot Top 20 Countdown, host Matt Pinfield announced that lead singer Nicole Scherzinger has written 12 new songs for the follow-up album to 2005's PCD.

Touring

In 2006 The Pussycat Dolls have been performing live shows as support for Black Eyed Peas, and as headliners in the UK, Europe and Malaysia.

On August 8, 2006, after a Dolls concert in Kuala Lumpur, their concert promoter, Absolute Entertainment, was charged with flouting Malaysian decency laws. The Malay Mail quoted Culture Arts and Heritage Minister Datuk Rahman as saying: "I believe the way the Pussycat Dolls behaved onstage amounted to gross indecency". The charge was settled by paying a fine of RM5000 (US$1358 ).

Television series

In April 2006 The New York Times reported that Interscope executives are working to produce their own reality TV series overseen by the producers of America's Next Top Model and McG, the director of Charlie's Angels and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Entitled The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll, the show will search for the new member of the troupe.

In August 2006, it was announced that the show would be picked up by the CW, the new network being formed from the merger of UPN and the WB.

[edit]

Merchandise

In a merchandising agreement with Interscope, in 2006 toy manufacturer Hasbro had plans for a line of dolls modeled after The Pussycat Dolls, and reportedly aimed at six- to nine-year-olds. The groups "Dads and Daughters" and the "Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood" successfully lobbied the company to scrap the plan because they felt that the dolls would have been inappropriate for children, due to the overtly sexual nature of The Pussycat Dolls' songs, videos and live shows.

Interscope also negotiated a deal with Este Lauder for a Pussycat Dolls line of cosmetics under the Stila brand.

Vocalists

The Dolls have been accused of being a group where only one member sings (Nicole), and the rest are just eye candy. However, Melody has solo spots on tracks such as "Beep", "Bite The Dust", "Buttons", "I Don't Need A Man", "Hot Stuff (I Want You Back)", "Sway", "Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go","Stickwitu" and "Flirt". Carmit has solos in the songs "I Don't Need A Man", "Beep", "Flirt", "Hot Stuff (I Want You Back)", "Right Now","Stickwitu", and "Tainted Love." Ashley, Kimberly and Jessica all sing lead on the Stickwitu B Side "Santa Baby".

Repertoire

The Dolls' repertoire includes both contemporary pop/R&B and cover versions of pop standards. The covers often fit within the traditions of burlesque, cabaret and drag shows; featuring musical vamps and flirtatious choreography. Cover versions they have performed live or recorded include: "Big Spender" (Chita Rivera/Shirley Bassey), "Fever" (Peggy Lee), "Sway" (Dean Martin), "Santa Baby" (Eartha Kitt), "Feelin' Good" (Nina Simone), "Tainted Love" (Gloria Jones/Soft Cell), "Where Did Our Love Go" (The Supremes/Soft Cell), "Hot Stuff" (Donna Summer), "Right Now" (Mel Torme), and "Don't Cha" (Tori Alamaze).

During their appearance in the movie Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle they dance to a vamp version of "The Pink Panther Theme".

Posted: 17 years ago
nice one may sister, nice pg and all, its sweet
Hi may...cool fc... 👏 👏 👏

BTW there are 2 contests going on in ASH fanclub...participate if u want to... 😛

Komal
ya i will komal
and will add members here also soon 😳
k...but the last date for contest one is 24 n contest two is 25th of august so hurry up...
hiiiiiiiii jaaaaaaan.... its cool... 😃
i will join inn 😉
luv u lotsssssss jaaaaaaaaa 🤗
thats so so so cool people love u all alottttttttt