Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: sudhi03

I don't care about this guy farhan but again i don't want nikhat to suffer. 

I want to see nikhat's love and simplicity changing farhan not a marital rape.

I don't want her to suffer. SHe has suffered a lot already and what is worse than suffering at the hands of your own parents,

But unfortunately for her, she is a puppet in Haseena's hands now. Unless she stands up for herself she will never be happy. Whether its her relation with her MIL or her hubby.
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Originally posted by: tnusredey

Farhan is a lecherous guy 4 sure. but I don't think it will ever b marital rape coz if he does want to sleep with Nikhat, he will b able to convince her, I don't think Nikhat will ever disagree & farhan will enjoy both . 😆

yes she may not disagree at first. I see what u mean.
But what happens when it keeps happening. Woman's intuition has to play a role. What happens when the demands exceed what is normal for her. Violence and Rape will not be too far behind.
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rupunzale

Hi Rivs,

A post on a very serious matter which happens on a daily basis throughout the world...Marital Rape is a haneous crime and I consider it as even horrific than a rape by a stranger. Statistics show us that women are raped more often by someone they know and trust than strangers. Hence marital rape or rape by a friend psychologically and emotionally scars a person to an extent that a person cannot move on in their respective lives. It takes a lot of time and support to do that. 

Coming to the Farhaan/ Nikhat angle...very likely it might happen but Farhan seems to be very respectful towards Nikhat. As far as the story still now it hasn't been shown that Farhan is a rapist. The prostitutes he is with are all willing participants. They were not raped neither has it been shown that he has killed them. If Nikhat says no to his advances...it will be marital rape. But I am afraid women like Nikhat believes that a husband has a right to do as he pleases. It's very sad that Indian society doesn't punish men on the charges of marital rape.

Priyanka

Yes. For some reason that scene coupled with some conclusion that have been made on Farhan, made me think of this topic. Its controversial to talk about on an open forum, but I was willing to take a chance. We do have some very reasonable people like yourself, who can have a mature conversation/ discussion on such a topic too.
@ bold - word. 👏. My theory is that Nikhat at first may give into his lust, misinterpreting it to be love. She is innocent that way and really craves for his approval and love. But for how long, can Farhan mask his needs? It will have to reach a point, where something does not feel right. A realization moment for Nikhat. 
In cases of Marital rape, most victims do know that what is happening is no way normal, but then they have to either rely on their inner strength or an external support to voice their sufferance.
Yes Farhan is not a rapist. But he does have a more than average libido. Would you agree? Since he needs to visit prostitutes on a daily/nightly basis. What happens when ur willing partner, all of sudden starts to show hesitancy, shies away from you, shows signs of fear? There is growing frustration which eventually leads to the dreaded deed. 
I am a strong believer of woman's intuition and I feel that a woman can tell the difference between a good and a bad touch. Nikhat has shown signs of realizing when things are wrong, unfortunately she has only voiced her concerns in a couple situation only.

Again, this is speculation at best. 
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Originally posted by: juggaad

Yes! Thank God I stopped watching the show. If it wasn't for the FF's I would have quit this forum a long time ago. You are making my stay worthwhile!

Aww😳
😆
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ruchi-interest

It could be a good sign Rivs may be a path of his redemption(falling in love with her). May be the story will eventually move towards both the boys of Haseena in love with their wives and ultimately move out because of Haseena's mean miserliness  and eventually her repenting will be shown in context of their side-story.

I would love to see that happen. I personally want Nikhat's suffering to end. She has suffered at the hands of her own parents. What can get worse than that? But chances are it will not happen. Kitchen politics at the Qureshi's shall continue. The more Asad fights Haseena, the further she will torture Nikhat.

Or yes you may be right, marital rape is complicated issue in today's world which neither has provisions in law nor in society.. A husband does it but that's OK. This grave and uncalled for attitude of all regarding marital rape.. Though people are now coming out and talking about it but still it remains a major taboo in our society. As far as I am concerned any kind of physical intimacy with anyone if its non-consensual then its rape. PERIOD.
Agreed to all you say. Question - Does non-consensual qualify only when you utter the words No? Can it be the feeling of the victim during or before the actual act happens?

Now coming to Nikhat if its shown it will be glossed over by time and eventually she will forget and forgive and have a HEA. This retarded attitude of Hindi soap operas is beyond me but what's new in there it happened before in some serial all had the same result other than Kyunki... but unfortunately there husband or not the rapist was indeed a antagonist and would have  to die for the story to build up.
yes. In the end Nikhat will forgive and forget. Its how shows work. Kyunki was different only because Ansh was the antagonist and Tulsi was beyond the greatest heights of greatness.

HmmBrazen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: QueenOfMyCastle

I agree that only saying of word NO does not mean non-consensual the whole build up of the feeling of disgust and fright... the whole "objection" of the situation from mind, body and soul even without speaking so... In simple words the mental state of unwelcome at this physical intimacy so much so that it amounting to force and Rape.  
Edited by Ruchi-interest - 10 years ago
nebuna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Men committing such rape is because women accept it and are not able to come out in the open as elders would advise her saying he is your husband and he has the rights...that is when women should make a call

But here I think nikhat realizes the strain in their relationship so she would not accept him even if he shows any kind of sexual intimacy 

Gul would never show rape in her shows but she might show both getting involved in moment of passion
HmmBrazen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nebuna

Men committing such rape is because women accept it and are not able to come out in the open as elders would advise her saying he is your husband and he has the rights...that is when women should make a call

But here I think nikhat realizes the strain in their relationship so she would not accept him even if he shows any kind of sexual intimacy 

Gul would never show rape in her shows but she might show both getting involved in moment of passion

Has Gul ever done anything amounting to maintaining female pride in this whole context of feminism. The only thing progressive about her show is western clothes and TRP gimmicks of celebrating festivals of different religion.😳
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Gai - I don't want to see the graphics of rape. TYVM. But there can be cues that say all is not well in their bedroom relations - bruises, the fear of entering the room, the hesitancy, things like that.
And since Najma has taken a few leaves out of Zoya Jasoos's book, she will be the one to help Nikhat in this situation. My gut.
GoodGoneWrong thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ruchi-interest

I agree that only saying of word NO does not mean non-consensual the whole build of the feeling of disgust and fright... the whole "objection" of the situation from mind, body and soul even without speaking so... In simple words the mental state of unwelcome at this physical intimacy so much so that it amounting to force and Rape.  

Thanks for putting it so eloquently.
I always get pissed of when there is so much emphasis on vocalizing the "No". This maybe TMI, but human body can be quite traitorous even at times of rape. I had read of one such case a few years ago (US mein). Aage tum samjdar ho, u know what I am getting at.