Ruby Duby Hub Dub ends

JinK thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

'Ruby Duby Hub Dub'winds up

Dheeraj Kumar's kids' show on Sahara One Ruby Duby Hub Dub Just Funtashtic has just been dealth the death blow by the channel, less than a year after its launch.

Parmeet and his kids in 'Ruby Duby...'

The show starring Parmeet Sethi, Eva Grover, Gaurav Chopra, Kavita Kaushik and Musthaq Khan also marked the the debut of five child artistes. The story is about five children and the pranks they play on others. According to sources, the show had become the top rated show in the kids' band on Sahara One within four months of its telecast.

Defends Richa Sutradhar, creative head of the show, "We had a year's contract with Sahara One which ended, and since Sahara was starting with something new, they had to bring the programme to an end".

When we spoke to Gaurav Chopra, he sounded shocked to hear that the programme was going off air. "It has been a personal loss to me because two of my shows have shut down in the past. I don't understand why a programme that's getting such good mileage has to shut down. It used to be nice working with the children on the sets. And I really miss the character Ballu," sighs Gaurav.

Sahara One's creative head Kumud Chaudhary says, "The content of the programme had become stagnant. Since we wanted to break afresh, we decided to start with a pre-teen slot (7:30-8:00 pm) and we would be coming up with something new quite soon".

By MISHA MALHOTRA