Question, fanfic, heirs, and shit

DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
How does the forum feel about fanfictions? 
I have never seen one. Specifically, I am swooning all over Kim Tan (Min Ho) from Heirs right now so I need a place to vent it out. Now before you bring out the daggers, I recognize that the writing is patchy and nowhere near what it could have been. But ignoring the giant supporting cast (love the cast but not what the writer is doing with them) and sideplots, I love leads' story. I need to feel the feels with someone else who is just as crazy. 

Also, I might have a taste for ugly sweaters after seeing the stylist's work on my Tan๐Ÿ˜† Brings out the thrift shopper in me๐Ÿ˜‰

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I am all for fan fictions!!
I am really disappointed w/ the story as well as w/ the writer of this drama..But, I have learnt time and time again whenever there is so much hype b/4 anything those kinds do not live up to the hype that was created! I may be in the minority who does not like Heirs..and couldn't bear to watch after episode 2..I like LMH, PSH, Kim Woo Bin, Choi Ji Hyuk (some of my fav characters) but I just can't bear to watch that show anymore b/c it disappoints on so many other levels...There is really nothing in this drama that has impressed me where I said WOW, or OMG...LMH is average for me till now, but ofcourse one would watch for the eye candy this drama has. Atleast, I would watch it just for that once this drama is over! Really just really sad that this was on top of my list to watch this year..But, oh well..

I do enjoy the OST's of this show though..especially Love is, the song played on LMH and PSH as well as Maria.. 

LMH as usuall looks great!! But when he was shown in the U.S., the make up artists had put so much on his face..Come on!! The guy doesn't need any, it just takes away from his character the more artificially ducked up he is! 

Though the one that has made my heart fluttery and upside down is actually Kim Woo Bin!! The guy is the only surprise package in this drama! He fits the "bad boy" image perfectly. What can I say, I really do have a thing for Bad Boys! ๐Ÿ˜†So good looking and matches LMH even in height..(he seems like a little taller than LMH), but yum he looks just mouth watering to me w/ that smirk of his! ๐Ÿ˜†love to watch just his clips in the drama! I won't deny, but I wish PSH and Kim Woo Bin were the leads in this drama! I sure do hope to see him as a lead in the future...B/c clearly I feel he will truly fall in love w/ PSH! But, *sigh* PSH loves LMH! Can't bear to see the heartbreak that Kim Woo Bin will face!

Alrite one last thing, I was actually thinking since Kim Woo Bin will never get the girl, it would be kinda weird and creepy to show the step sister (LMH's  fiancee) and him together as in a relationship won't it? I mean they are not related at all! That would be something I have a feeling that the writer may throw out there! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by kshows_fangirl - 10 years ago
Seema1987 thumbnail
i like kim woo bin more than Minho..
i have watched todays episode bt didnt understand anything bez no sub..2morrw again i have to watch with sub..u guyyss no any site where i can watch with sub on the same day it is airing...
i expected the story wud be very much interestn and strong bt the same BOF story...they cud have made Park shine character als rich and strong..anyways widout watchn cant slype bez of the beautiful casts
kshows_fangirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Seema1987

i like kim woo bin more than Minho..

i have watched todays episode bt didnt understand anything bez no sub..2morrw again i have to watch with sub..u guyyss no any site where i can watch with sub on the same day it is airing...
i expected the story wud be very much interestn and strong bt the same BOF story...they cud have made Park shine character als rich and strong..anyways widout watchn cant slype bez of the beautiful casts

Girl, I guess we are in the minority then..lol..I love Kim Woo Bin more than LMH in this one!! This is my first time seeing Kim Woo Bin act, he steals the spotlight for me! I will watch it only for him, but I can't bear to see his heartbreak w/ PSH! ๐Ÿ˜ญ
AidanQ thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshows_fangirl

Girl, I guess we are in the minority then..lol..I love Kim Woo Bin more than LMH in this one!! This is my first time seeing Kim Woo Bin act, he steals the spotlight for me! I will watch it only for him, but I can't bear to see his heartbreak w/ PSH! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

lol same here...I like KWB and PSH's pairing better, but it's so obvious that she'll not end up with him.
kshows_fangirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: AidanQ

lol same here...I like KWB and PSH's pairing better, but it's so obvious that she'll not end up with him.

Didn't the writer realize such obvious chemistry between Kim Woo Bin and PSH?!!!! Ugh!! I hate it, I really do..I see LMH and PSH as "forced chemistry", but Kim Woo Bin are PSH are in sync and perfectly natural together!! You know LMH wouldn't have felt bad if he was second lead!๐Ÿ˜† Sorry for my rant, but just to get this out! I for one wouldn't have mind at all, if LMH was the second lead who doesn't get the girl..
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I love fanfics! 

Ah Heirs is such a dilemma for me... I'm glad I went into this drama with absolutely no expectations, I didn't care for the promo's or anything and surprisingly, it's been able to hold my interest so far...yes, its has no decent plot and LMH and PSH just seem too old for highschool for me...but you know, i like the layers that each character has...if you check out dramabeans, they're doing reviews of each episode and do a good job of breaking down the characters which makes the drama much more interesting!

I have to say, Won's (Tan's older brother) is my fav character...he's so cold and ruthless towards Tan but at the same time, his underlying fear and insecurities make him such a vulnerable character...and then you have Tan (Lee Min Ho) who is the polar opposite - second son, doesn't care to be secure but to have what he's always wanted, a relationship with his brother. It's safe to say, I think I'm more intrigued when and how the relationship between the brother's gets better than the leads themselves.

I will say, I'm so glad that Lee Min Ho's character is not what is was in BOF - yes the whole drama is reminicent of a more "mature" BOF but I hated his character in it - in this one...we don't have a rude, arrogant chaebol who falls for the plucky happy go lucky female lead, instead we have two lead with flaws, insecurities and real problems - money is just one of them. The drama contrasts such two poigant views in life...someone who has seen everything with money but absolutely little love and then someone who lives for her mother and has never ever had "just enough" money to take a break and breathe...two worlds literally under one roof. The California sequence was actually my fav (minus the horrible english speaking) because it showed that if you striped away the money (or lack of) and reputation, these two people could actually be together - almost like a dream - which is why the dream catcher, PSH's consistent lack of dream are a constant theme...

Kim Won Bin's character has the most layers for me - his character has gone through child abuse for sure and like most bully's, he takes out his anger on his father in the form of picking on kids weaker than him. It's gives him that sense of power that his father has over him. I think his character will go through the biggest transformation in this drama.

Well I'm blabbing on, but i could go on and on about this drama haha It's def not my fav, but I am going to keep watching it to see if the director can surpass my expectations and actually make this drama more than just a "typical" kdrama!Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 10 years ago
RKDramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am up for a Fanfiction! I will start one if we have enough readers! (:

Oh god, I am in love with Kim Tan! I am SO glad that finally we have a lead who isn't a down right jerk to the lead! He wear his heart on his sleeve and for a change, I am loving all the lover boy stuff!
I am trying so hard to hate Woo Bin as Young Do! That guy pisses me off and totally had me grinding my teeth when he threatens Kim Tan with his mom things! But that's the thing about Woo Bin! His acting is amazing! Love him!
I am not sure if the whole USA scene was necessary but after seeing some drama in Sueol, I was like "Just go back baby!"

I am also trying to hate Chin Hyuk as Kim Won...but I CANT! I watched Gu Family Book and fell for him! Now he is only Daddy Gumiho to me!

Kim brothers is my biggest ship in the show! I can't wait for them to start bromancing already! Tan is so bloody sweet to him! How can someone even hate him? No matter how much his hyung hates him, he doesn't stop liking him! I almost cried in 6th episode when he says "What can I do if even my existence bothers you?" This boy is gonna be the death of me!

The script is a bit patchy but am loving it!

I actually like Rachel and Young Do together. I am sure their parents won't marry, seeing what a s**t her mom is. And did you guys notice that Rachel is the only one who has been able to win an argument with YoungDo? And he is the only one who knows how her relationship with Tan is effecting her? I love them together! They love to role up each other!

Anyways, that was my rant, lol!
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Okay people, from all your responses, I agree the most with Destiny. It's like one of those sadly horrible Indian dramas that I will watch because of the AMAZING cast.
Park Shin Hye and Lee Min Ho sizzle like pork on a pan. I mean look at them. If I were as beautiful as them I would gift the world a thousand little geeklets of me๐Ÿ˜†
Won oh Won, I remember him fondly from Gu Family Book as well. My Gumiho and his badass girlfriend make my heart flutter.
I (unlike the majority of you here) know nothing of the actor who plays the bully boy. Hence, I can wholeheartedly HATE him (which I do). That means he is doing a good job. And him and Rachael, the kind of a-holes they play, they BELONG together. 
Love the annoying girlfriend and sweet guy plot. SO CUTE. Puppy love heaven๐Ÿ˜ณ
Tan is a sweetheart and just all in all a stand up human being. I love his character and Min Ho plays him well.
I still don't know who the boy is who was watching Tan and the other dude from the school terrace and calling them Satans. He is the same one who gets tutored by Won's girlfriend. If you know, please do explain how he fits into the bigger picture.
RKDramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
That guy who was watching them is supposedly a prosecutor (lawyer/investigator)'s son. In the 4 class system, he belongs to the 3rd. He is basically pressured by his lawyer(arse) family to become a successful prosecutor in future. He believes in justice because he says "The wrongs will be punished!"

I don't think I oppose anyone here, lol! I think all of us have different opinions and ships to go for! I am just so much in love with Kim Tan, I can't see any other character in this show, haha!
He is a freaking sweetheart!

We didn't talk about Lee Bo Na and Chan Young. Well, first of all I think it was very brave of Bo Na to date someone from the 4th class and actually declare him as her boyfriend. I can forgive her for being so possessive of him. I hope though that Chan Young really loves her and isn't just using her to overcome the "weak" status, know what I mean? It seems that Bully is staying out of his way because of his relationship with Bo Na.

PS : I love Eun Sang and Tan's moms! They are hilarious! A lot of people don't like Tan's mom but I think she has always been that way...bratty. She only wants the best for her son, like any other. I think the divorce she is trying to force isn't for herself to get a name, but for her son to overcome that "bas***d child" title.

Which reminds me again, I HATE Young Do with all I can for being so mean to Tan! Though Tan seems to have been his partner in crime before...did he stop because his class dropped because he was illegitimate?

Oh and another think, I have a strong feeling that Rachel is that randomly-kiss-like-a-pervert guy aka Chan Young's dad. Do you think Rachel is illegitimate too? That would be sad but hopefully Young Do understands her. I don't want them to pull "same kinds go together" though. Tan and her DO NOT go together (because there was no heart racing when she hugged him for 1). And Bully needs to overcome his lame hatred for illegitimate children in the society anyway! :/
I mean, we know why Won would hate his brother for being the other mother's kid, though that is too stupid and sad too, but if that's the only reason Bully is being an A-hole, than he is a bit of an idiot there.

I think I am done ranting! ๐Ÿ˜†

PS : My name is RK! Call me RK!