Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

What's in the name! Analysis of characters

dsr11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Agnihotris:

Niranjan is another name for Lord Shiva. He is the Destroyer. According to Hindu mythology, He has a third eye on His forehead. If He opens His third eye, the entire creation is destroyed and Brahma, the Creator, creates the Universe afresh. How much has Niranjan destroyed/ can destroy? Niranjan also means immaculate. He puts on a facade of immaculate character and Anjali protects it.

Anjali means an offering/ a gift. Is she offered to Niranjan as a gift for something he did for Anjali's family? Is she a gift for Niranjan because she covers his ugliness. Is she a gift for her children because she bears most of Niranjan's wrath in order to protect them?  

Shlok means a hymn praising the Lord. This style of hymn is not a lenient, freestyle song but follows a rigid, strict unwavering style of grammar.That is exactly what Shlok is, a daddy's boy. He puts Niranjan on a pedestal and his reverence doesn't waver.

Varad is another name for Lord Ganesha. When Lord Ganesha was young he was always worried if he lives up to his fathers expectations/ if his father has any expectations from him at all. Because unlike his brother, he didn't possess any special skills. All he had was love and devotion for his family.

Sojal means full of water / depth of character. What an irony, because Sojal Agnihotri is shallow and ignorant.

Vinayak obviously is the name of Lord Ganesha. He is the wise one. He knows about everyone in the family. With his witty remarks he tries to show people where they are going wrong.

Jyothi means light. Probably she will shed the light on how bad it can get if abuse is tolerated. She will open everybody's eyes.

-------Edit--------------
How can I forget Kavya? 
Kavya means a beautiful poem. Just Perfect.
They should do some Kavya scenes often. She is too cute.

Kirloskars:

Aastha means faith. She has faith in goodness of the people around her.

Avdhoot means Saint. He ignored Kalindi's past and gave her a happy life.

Kalindi is a river infested with a poisonous serpent. Lord Krishna rids Kalindi of the serpent and makes her pure and useful for the people.

Ajju in marathi means mother's mother. The Mother Goddess in hindu mythology, Devi Ma, is the mother of all mothers. She is strong but forgiving.

----Edit----
Other Characters:

Swathi is a star in the constellation. When Sun passes through this star you expect first monsoon showers. It signifies first love in Shlok's case.

Abhay means fearless. Ironically Abhay here is a coward. He is a good-for-nothing fellow who tries to live off his inlaws by threatening them with Jyothi.

Sulbha(Abhay's mother) means easy,simple. She is not at all easy to please.

Rani(slo-mo servant) means queen and she is a servant 😆.

Edited by dsr11 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sam_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great post!! Very informative. I liked how u matched the names of the characters with their traits and their possible role in the future plot. Edited by Sam_15 - 10 years ago
Neelum.drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

you know another meaning of shlok is ''prayer'' and with astha meaning ''faith'', it does give a really nice symbolism.❤️
Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Loved your post. Very in depth and clarified a lot of things for me!
dafla thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great explanation and analysis...luvd it
dsr11 thumbnail
Thanks for the response guys. 
Ganesha is made by Goddess Parvati alone with bathing paste. Shiva isn't involved. So are Varad and Jyothi not Niranjan's kids?

dsr11 thumbnail
updated the post with few more names. Does Shlok has another sister, other than Jyothi?
Neelum.drashti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: dsr11

updated the post with few more names. Does Shlok has another sister, other than Jyothi?

I am not sure but may be. Anjali and shlok had once a phone conversation about a sister but i don't remember if it was jyoti😕
dsr11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neelum.drashti

I am not sure but may be. Anjali and shlok had once a phone conversation about a sister but i don't remember if it was jyoti😕

I vaguely remember Anjali and Shlok talking about a dead sister or something like that in the first few episodes. 
jia.astk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Great Analysis and loved how you tried to connect the names with characters.
Btw, I think the second girl name Shlok mentioned with Anajli is "Pooja"