Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Poluk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: _charu_

Shruti, i have this feeling that TRP aunties will be in support of Madhu ..bec. she's trying to be a good wife, good bahu, good heroine at the same time...toh they will always like Madhu worrying for parantas, her MIL, doing poojas etc...and a husband must be supportive towards his wife ...If RK asks Madhu to not fast for him bec. it may affect her health, he will be bashed for being insensitive to a woman's feelings and turning a blind eye to her wishes ! πŸ€’ last yr nahi dekha? woh marr rahi hai , food poisoning hai but she won't break her fast  ! she's getting bitten by rats , yet she'd doing the pooja and uske baad reported to the sets !! these festivals and poojas lose their essence when such things happen...

Yaar I am working and the first thing my boss told me after my marriage was every working wife needs a wife i.e. in short a maid. Here MB has an army of servants and still needs to do everything herself. Women aren't robots. Most of the TRP audience comprises of MILs who would love to see their bahus behaving like this. So yes may be it will click with them.

Just one random question : If a woman is pregnant does she not get an exemption from Karwachauth. She is put on a fruit and juice diet for the day, isn't she. So why is that not considered hurting religious sentiments and breaking a fast for health reasons is?

Hail Indian mentality.

But even I feel that RK forcing her not to keep fast for his zidd is wrong.He can easily shoot scenes not involving her for one day if he wants.  
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Poluk

Yaar I am working and the first thing my boss told me after my marriage was every working wife needs a wife i.e. in short a maid. Here MB has an army of servants and still needs to do everything herself. Women aren't robots. Most of the TRP audience comprises of MILs who would love to see their bahus behaving like this. So yes may be it will click with them.

Just one random question : If a woman is pregnant does she not get an exemption from Karwachauth. She is put on a fruit and juice diet for the day, isn't she. So why is that not considered hurting religious sentiments and breaking a fast for health reasons is?

Hail Indian mentality.

But even I feel that RK forcing her not to keep fast for his zidd is wrong.He can easily shoot scenes not involving her for one day if he wants.  

Shruti, this is exactly what I said when my friends asked me about my KC experience πŸ˜† it's not tough for me, but when I see 70+ dadis and ailing mothers and MILs fasting , compromising  their health , I see no point behind it..my MIL will not force me to not keep the fast, but i  do it as a token of regard for her... I skipped it when I was pregnant...

Most of the TRP aunties may relate to Madhu as she struggles to balance her personal and professional life...n i think the reason behind not showing Madhu as ambitious career women is these TRP aunties only...for them, house, husband, kids always comes first, if the bahu is working, she's expected to balance it out perfectly...

we'll have a good discussion on KC when the episode comes up πŸ˜› last yr., we had a lengthy discussion on the EDT...I was trying to say ke TRP aunties will not like RK trying to break Madhu's fast...
Edited by _charu_ - 10 years ago
blacklambo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
πŸ‘πŸΌ..Loved the episode for its execution and the flow of story.

It was really sad to see Rji's change of heart all of a sudden.  One event that does not sit well with her and she has started talking to Madhu in past tense already!  Rji has lived in that environment as a producer's wife and a superstar's mother for too long to base her opinions on one event and without giving much chance to Madhu to explain either. 

Madhu has to start prioritizing and take a firm stand with the commitment she has made.  There might be a fallout and as an emotionally strong person, she has it in her power to sway things her own way.

BeautyForAshes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome Post Charu.πŸ‘...

tweet this link to  nautanki's please...i wish they get some senses...pabho is DEVILISH😑 !!!
hansa22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely posts all of you. 
Rji is definitely playing the role of the shocked TRP crowd who would frown at their bahus in the movies. Apparently Jaya B was upset at Aish's kiss with hrithik in Jodha Akbar...she is an actress, her whole family is, and her DIl was an actress before marriage...imagine if she felt awkward. FIlm industry does have double standards, I think that is also what they are trying to show. 

There's another serial...DABH..there th girl aspires to be an IAS officer. I remember when I wanted to become an IAS officer...those were my confused days, btwπŸ˜†. SO my grandmom (God Bless her), told me, I would be proud of you, but once you get married, it all depends on the support of your family. And it is a lifelong relationship when you marry, you will get transferred, to remote places..when you have kids, what will you do etc etc. At that time, I was in my own dhunki...and as time went past, I also changed my mind 100 times. πŸ˜†

btw, Kareena refused to keep KC vrat...that would probably be AnamikaπŸ˜†

Blue_Scrubs thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Valar.Morghulis

Charu. Awesome post as always. 

I am actually enjoying this track. It is refreshing to see that we are finally having a track in the show that leaves so much to analyze and discuss. We are looking beyond the clunks and now having healthy and constructive discussions.. never thought this day will come after you know what happened in our beloved show.. 

Anyways.. coming to your post. I am enjoying this track. The way I see it.. both RK and Madhu are correct in their point of views. If you step into RK's shoes, you will see that he is, for the first time in the entire run olf the show, has evolved into a thoroughly professional person. We have always seen him as hot-tempered and nakhrila superstar who packs up at the drop of a hat.. now he is facing what his producers must have had faced when they starred him. He is evolving as a professional. He is taking things seriously as now his career is at stake.. his money is at stake.. and most importantly, his ego is at stake. If you remember that OTT and completely unnecessary scene where RK tries to commit suicide when things start falling apart at the press conference.. though I despise that scene as any RK fan would, but it showed something very important. It showed that RK would sooner die than accept defeat of his ego in front of all and it is only the love RishBala share that stops him from doing that. He still loves Madhu and can only bend his knee in front of her and he has put her first before anything but too much is at stake and I will never blame RK if he snaps at her and go a little rigid towards her at professional front. In fact, I expect it from him. He has evolved, however, he is still a work in progress and some things about him will never change and I love him this way only. 

Coming to Madhu.. she is back to her character completely now. She is a simple girl who actually had no ambitions of stepping into the glamour world. She only had bad experiences when it comes to facing media.. (remember the whole RK ki Laila fiasco?) so she is quite scared. The way she reacted was instinctive. I don't blame her. She has a different mindset than RK's altogether regarding the whole issue. As you said she is being pulled back to her world by external forces like Pabho, RJ and Dips and her typical middle class mindset. She had this delusion that she can both manage fulfilling RK's dream (being his heroine) and fulfilling her dream (being RK's wife and Kundra family's bahu) at the same time. But now things are falling apart. Soon she will have to completely let go of her dreams so she can do justice to RK's dreams. Woh kehtay hain na do kashtiyon pe sawar nahin hua ja sakta.. same is happening with Madhu.. she is not doing anything perfectly and this scandal is just what she didn't need at this moment.. this is everything she didn't want to happen.. 

RK and Madhu are both right in their way. Madhu is taking too long for the transition and RK is just loosing patience since he is not just a husband but also an actor and a producer who has kept all his eggs in one basket.. He is just getting frustrated..

They both were raised in two different worlds and so, their mindset is totally different. If one is a tornado the other is a volcano.. even the way they love is different from each other.. their love story is not typically that of two people getting married after crossing hurdles to live happily ever after. They have to fight the world, their own differences and sometimes their own destiny to be with each other.. It's everyday battle.. but I am sure they will win as they both are born fighters.. 

a very critical and objective analysis!!πŸ‘
MarathiMulgi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Abhi muze kya do do jagah per likhna padega kya? πŸ˜•

Madhu's problem IMO is that she is trying to please everyone except herself and hence failing miserably. Like a juggler she has many balls in the air and  they are all falling down instead of she able to catch them and throw them back in the air. She wants to be housewife do all the chores and also at the same time get decked up and face camera for work. Thanks to CVs there is no child added to this otherwise this  would have become a perfect dilemma of a working mother !!. πŸ˜†

I have a perfect solution for Madhu...

She needs to learn to delegate (after all ghar uska hai - cooking to Rji, Pooja paath to Pabo, ghar ki safai to Dipali) and just go to studio for work. Over there, she should delegate the work of handling media and MC to RK, delegate handling Simmy aur us ki mummy to Roma.  She needs to become boss of everyone rather than other way round. πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: MarathiMulgi

Abhi muze kya do do jagah per likhna padega kya? πŸ˜•

Madhu's problem IMO is that she is trying to please everyone except herself and hence failing miserably. Like a juggler she has many balls in the air and  they are all falling down instead of she able to catch them and throw them back in the air. She wants to be housewife do all the chores and also at the same time get decked up and face camera for work. Thanks to CVs there is no child added to this otherwise this  would have become a perfect dilemma of a working mother !!. πŸ˜†

I have a perfect solution for Madhu...

She needs to learn to delegate (after all ghar uska hai - cooking to Rji, Pooja paath to Pabo, ghar ki safai to Dipali) and just go to studio for work. Over there, she should delegate the work of handling media and MC to RK, delegate handling Simmy aur us ki mummy to Roma.  She needs to become boss of everyone rather than other way round. πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

what an awesome post MM..πŸ‘ and awesome solution for Madhu πŸ˜† yest. everyone was trying to be her boss while it should be the other way round 

no, u don't have to post do do jagah, Meenu ne ultimatum de diya hai mujhe  nahiii !!  ye koi publicity stunt nahi tha, it was a well thought of but flop decision πŸ˜­πŸ˜ƒ 
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Soundarya22

Lovely posts all of you. 

Rji is definitely playing the role of the shocked TRP crowd who would frown at their bahus in the movies. Apparently Jaya B was upset at Aish's kiss with hrithik in Jodha Akbar...she is an actress, her whole family is, and her DIl was an actress before marriage...imagine if she felt awkward. FIlm industry does have double standards, I think that is also what they are trying to show. 

btw, Kareena refused to keep KC vrat...that would probably be AnamikaπŸ˜†

wohi toh ! Madhu was doing a scene with her husband..and it was not a kissing scene (may be it was  they hinted upon it) while Aishwarya kissed Hritik in Dhoom 2...yeah I remember reading a few articles that Bachan family was not happy with it...and that's why they didn't invite Roshans (who are their neighbours) to Ash-Abhishek wedding.. πŸ˜† Jaya Bachan is a different case Sounds, she's head strong, family oriented & opinionated ..When Radha didn't have a problem with Dips doing cabaret in RK's party (woh parda parda song) , why did she reprimand Madhu for doing her work? knowing that it's RK's wish ! kuch zyada hi double standards..

I want Madhu to tell Radha ke first ask your pati to stop plotting against my pati and then give pati vrata patni  lecture🀣
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: BeautyForAshes

Awesome Post Charu.πŸ‘...

tweet this link to  nautanki's please...i wish they get some senses...pabho is DEVILISH😑 !!!

haaaiinnn itna acha tha? πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ thanks πŸ€— sending the link to NF to let them know how we find sense in the nonsense? πŸ˜†