Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllThingsNice thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Heema22

Kanan . These are my views on Gandhi and Neharu . I am not a fan . . My both grandpas and great grandfathers were in " Bharat chodo " andolan .. Jailed many times even went to Kakapani . One was killed during  one of the "swatantra  ladha " this subject very close to my heart . I grew up with stories and later I did lots of reading on my own . Recently I saw pakistani drama Dastan just to see their point of view . How was this series? I heard its really good, but biased. But then, how many things are free from bias?
When I talk about guilty party I include  Nehru,Lord Mountbatten,Edwina Mountbatten, Gandhi and Jinnah.
I personally think Gandhi used to mix politics with religion and his principles and how unsuccessful his methods proved to be at times. Neharu was having passionate affair with Edwina and went along with Gandhi because after partition he was promised highest honor .there were plenty of occasion when our leaders had behaved differently , our country might have gone down an entirely  different path  . Perhaps avoiding partition perhaps divesting  communal violence that followed . There were plenty of situations in which the action of a single leader would have influenced different outcome . This is SO true! Partition is a case in point! It could have been totally avoided if our Gandhiji had shown some spine. Please read 'The Last Days of the British Raj' by Leonard Mosley. You may not agree with everything in that book, but it does put some things in perspective, especially Gandhian politics and his way of dealing with the British.  Such as Gandhi stooping riots through the sheer force of moral leadership .( wished he save Bhagat sing . He had choice but he was not follower of non violence )    Or Neharu  holding much of India through his personality and moral leadership and political skills .Jinha initially opposed partition but later went along with Brits because he was promised a lot and he wanted to be prime minister of the country and Neharu had that seat . So for personal gain every one of them  sacrificed common man " Praja ki Bali chadai " they were just common peoples who did lots of mistakes  and felled for greed . Brits wanted this and they were serve on silver platter .

Please,  if you have time read this book one if the best book I and my husband ever read .

Indian Summer-The secret history to the end of an empire" is a historical book which is written by Alex Von Tunzelman
her education from Oxford University and now works as a researcher currently residing in London.Indian Summer is her first book in which she details the liberation of India from British Empire.
She is not above the occasional good gossip. Still, she has clearly done her homework; the book is well researched and impeccably documented. In von Tunzelmann's telling, Gandhi, Nehru, Jinnah, and the Mountbattens are no longer merely towering historical figures but flawed human beings just like the rest of us. They did the best they could but often misjudged how things would turn out. Noted. Will read this.

@ bold .
Now your turn to keep promise . 

I

I guess I'll start this CC off with a flourish! What better way than to disagree with the Father of the Nation!?

Heema, even I have never agreed with his politics. I have read some of his writings and found myself disagreeing with almost everything! Maybe its just me, but I find his use of non-violence very selective and deceitful. He would go on a fast if someone opposed his stance on an issue (Ambedkar and Subhas Bose are examples). But violence need not always be inflicted on someone directly. His going on a fast to have his way is a form of violence! Whether I put a gun directly to your head or to my head, for you (who is in the unhappy position of being in the opposite party) the outcome will be the same. You will never have your way because Bapu has this particular gun and public support! Imagine how frustrating it would have been for these people.

But he had solid influence! I suppose it'll always remain a mystery, but how did he manage to hold sway and why did someone like Sardar Patel, who was in every way better, not have even a percentage of that impact? The Bengal riots happened and the Mahatma fasted to atone for it! How would it help resurrect the state, those ruined  families? People attribute the Independence to his tactics. His thinking has not really endured through to this day, but he is revered.

Don't be surprised if you find me venting about this again sometime.

Edited by AllThingsNice - 10 years ago
Badala thumbnail
I have got to go now 🀣 will read your comment later kaddu ...
Patch up with Shama Honey 😳

Bye ... goodnight. 
AllThingsNice thumbnail

No , at work . I can't take Nautanki every day . Those two are impossible for me . They gang up on me and call me boring tai just like Sachi ( character on JLZ ) 

Shama made incredible Tea sandwiches . Cucumber and tomato with cheese . Yo Aai thi . Mujhe, pilakar ,  khilakar , Lecture de ke chali gayi .  Thank GOD .

I told her ki meine tuzhe hath Pakad ke Bahar  nikali  thi. ,  phir se   tu  vapis aa gayi ? This really hit hard .so goodbye  no kiss no hug.thank The Lord .

Poor child! Bad tai!

Heema22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I thought you are my soon  to be best friend ? You post this in the first page ? Do you know how many Guju will be after me . Forget about Neharu fan 
 I caused him of having passionate affair with Edmina . 

I wanted to you to guard my reputation . πŸ€£
AllThingsNice thumbnail

Originally posted by: _saumya_

Bye ... goodnight. 

Good night...do I see you tomorrow?

Heema22 thumbnail

Bye ... goodnight. 

I will write about romance during engagement  tonight . 
AllThingsNice thumbnail

I thought you are my soon  to be best friend ? You post this in the first page ? Do you know how many Guju will be after me . Forget about Neharu fan 

I caused him of having passionate affair with Edmina . 

I wanted to you to guard my reputation . πŸ€£

Nah...you're safe! Everyone knows about Nehru and Edwina. But did you know about Nehru and Sarojini Naidu's daughter? He apparently had an affair with Padmaja Naidu too. Apparently he was involved with a sanyasin from Benaras too. How much is true, no one knows. But these have been written about. 

Heema22 thumbnail

Bye ... goodnight. 

Goodnight . I don't have to patch up . She forgets every thing when  I go home . I get great hug every time . Her birthday is coming up . I will be the host .

Goodnight . See you tomorrow !πŸ€—Don't make us wait too long !
Heema22 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThingsNice

Nah...you're safe! Everyone knows about Nehru and Edwina. But did you know about Nehru and Sarojini Naidu's daughter? He apparently had an affair with Padmaja Naidu too. Apparently he was involved with a sanyasin from Benaras too. How much is true, no one knows. But these have been written about. 

I know and read about he being womanizer. My husband is the one told be about Nayadu sisters . If you ever get to read Indian summer and I hope you do  she writes about his affairs and how distracted he was during most important time and ignore the violence he was promised prime ministers post and he wanted Jinha out .  BTW she has some juicy story about " Sabarmati ke sant " I was shocked but it was mentioned in movie Gandhi too. so I didn't faint . We can go on and on .