OS-2 part COMEDY in 21st century-Mr.Jalal, Mrs.Ruqaiyya & Nanny Ma

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
A 21st century spin on Mr.Jalal, Mrs.Ruqaiyya & Nanny Maham!
  1. This is my first attempt at this genre...so, if I've failed miserably - let me know and I shall not dare venture into it ever againπŸ˜†

2. It is meant to be a light-hearted spoof (if we can call it that) so its not on AKDHA ...but, I've tried to make it entertaining nevertheless!😳

3. There were a few not-so-pleasant things that happened last week (and pleasant too of-course) so, this was a meagre attempt of mine to lift your spirits!πŸ˜›

4. DISCLAIMER - The logo used below AND the caricature of the characters are purely for entertainment purposes and based on the serial only. Karni Sena, MPs, MLAs and die-hard fans - please take it all with a pinch of salt!πŸ˜›

Edited by lashy - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lashy thumbnail

OFFICE 

Tucking a stray strand of hair into her otherwise pristine French bun, the elegant lady strutted through the sparkling corridors that led to her private office. The rhythmic echoes of her Jimmy Choo heels against the porcelain floors were as much a style statement as they were an intimation to the remaining staff of their 'Madam's' arrival.

Swinging open the door to her cabin, the petite lady dropped her expensive Dior purse on the table before taking her seat on the inviting leather chair. Out of habit, she instantly opened a drawer under her table and grabbed a lighter along with a pack of Silk-Cut.

Having lit the cigarette, she gracefully crossed her legs and then leaned back on the swivel chair - drawing in a puff as she did so.

'Heavenly' she thought to herself as she scanned the white ceilings of her cabin. Actually, large room more like - luxuriously large - for a HR manager, at least! However, that's how she'd wanted it and she ALWAYS got what she wanted - be it her cabin, her position or even her husband.

Being the wife of the CEO, she could have easily laid claims to a much higher position. However, she knew where her talents lay - in managing the people around her!

Her lazy glances then trailed around the room till they stopped at the row of files arranged on her table. She smiled at the embossed logo that marked most of them -

JA JA Group!

It was the LARGEST Steel corporation in India and SHE was the wife of the dashing young entrepreneur who singularly owned it. All of it! Mrs Ruqaiyya Jalal-ud-din Mohammed loved telling herself that fact - at least twelve times a day!

Shortly thereafter, her glimpses fell upon an older file right at the bottom of the pile. Snapping out of her thoughts in a spell, she leaned forward and pulled it out.

It was the proposal she'd prepared ages ago - a proposition to open a new textile design branch under the umbrella group of JA JA corporation. It'd been a long-standing wish of her's - pashminas, shawls, scarves and silks! She'd have the silks exquisitely designed before exporting them! Why, her gay friend - Hoshiyaar Khan -a Nationally renowned fashion designer had even promised to help her start up!

'I know my stuff...the plan would be foolproof!' she'd thought to herself as she'd prepared the proposal four months ago.

Then, why was this significant project of hers now lying abandoned at the bottom of a pile?

She remembered his sly frowns when she'd told her husband about her plans that lazy Sunday morning. Placing her arms lovingly around his neck and putting on her sweetest smile, she'd waited for his reply - hoping he'd approve her offer instantly. However, he'd come back with a pretty-much-expected answer!

'Whatever your proposal Ruqaiyya darling...prepare it...have Badi Ammi proof-read it...and when SHE shows it to me, I shall have a look at it...'

Drawing away from her thoughts, Ruqaiyya pressed the buzzer on her intercom impatiently. No sooner than the secretary at the other end attended the call, she meted a stern instruction 'Send for Mrs. Maham... IMMEDIATELY!'

A short while later - a few gentle knocks were heard on the door

'Come in'

A middle-aged lady walked in. Spectacles sitting on the brink of her nose, the woman was dressed in a plain white cotton saree and a matching white blouse - as always!

Briefly studying the lady's garb from top to bottom, Ruqaiyya couldn't help but stifle a sneer. She had NO IDEA why the lady'd chosen to stick to this facade of purity - seeing how she'd never heard the lady recall her expired husband's memories even once!

'Whatever!' she sighed to herself eventually - Maham's wardrobe was the least of HER worries anyway.

Indicating to the file in her hand, she went on to cease the silence in the room with a questioning glare 'Why is this file lying here Mrs. Maham?'

Maham stared at the file in her mistress' hand and then looked back at Ruqaiyya. Her cunning mind had already formulated a hundred justifications to cover up for her actions.

'Madam Ruqaiyya' she began with apparent disdain 'Isn't this the file that you'd prepared some months ago? A project for some fashion business you were looking to come up with?'

'Yes...so...didn't you show it to Jalal as I'd asked you to?'

'Hmmm...I did...' the older lady replied with mock concern 'However, he didn't think that the information in it was sufficient to render it presentable at a board meeting...'

Ruqaiyya couldn't believe her ears 'Then, why didn't you tell me so earlier?'

'Well...you didn't ask me' Maham replied with a seemingly sympathetic smile

Unfortunately for Ruqaiyya; though she was 'boss' at home, it was Maham who ruled the roost at office - a set-up that she hated from the very beginning. However, she could do little to change it. It was how things worked long before she'd come into the picture!

The middle aged vixen who stood in front was no ordinary lady! She was the one who'd raised Jalal ever since his parents had died in a car accident a long time ago. Starting off as an ordinary nanny in the family, her importance had grown by leaps and bounds when she'd decided to take the orphaned little one under her wing - him AND all of the fortune that he was going to inherit! Whether fortunately or otherwise - it was Maham who'd brought up the young heir and got him educated in one of the top universities in the country. It was Maham who'd made Jalal the astute entrepreneur he was today - capable of inheriting AND expanding his father's legacy!

Jalal was no ungrateful ward either. He respected the lady more than he did anyone else in his life - and not primarily because she raised him or had had him educated, but because she earnestly fulfilled a wish of his that was dearer to his heart than any other!

'Damn that Amul Gold homogenized toned milk' the disgruntled Ruqaiyya thought to herself, yet again. It was a brand of milk that Jalal loved as a child - the only brand he'd drink. Therefore, Maham had taken it upon herself to loyally traipse down to the Kirana store every morning for seven years to bring him a fresh packet. [Actually, she had opted for a home delivery option after a month or so, but none at home really knew about it!]

It was due to that very Amul Gold homogenized toned milk that Jalal found himself indebted to Maham for life!

Standing up, the enraged businesswoman kicked back her chair as she paraded up to the comparatively composed nanny. So what if Maham was ingenious with accounts and business, Ruqaiyya was no less either. She wouldn't take this insult lightly.

'Don't mock my efforts Mrs. Maham...' Ruqaiyya said, puffing her cigarette 'A lot of effort has gone into it...I hope you understand who you're talking to...'

'I very well do' the lady replied 'I'd never intended disrespect...however, you must realize that this is a steel group of industries...'

'Steel! Steel! Steel!' she'd nearly thrown a fit there 'That's all you can think about...and thanks to you, that's all Jalal is obsessed about too! Nothing else!'

'Obviously' the crafty nanny reminded her 'After all, that's what his father's company was to begin with...which has now become this big empire thanks to Jalal's hard work!'

Her patience was wearing thin 'It doesn't mean we can't experiment in other areas too...'

'Madam...madam...madam...' Maham interrupted her mistress abruptly, unaware that her annoying habit of addressing people 'three-times-over' only riled Ruqaiyya more! 'I will talk to Jalal once again, when the time is suitable'

'And when would that be?'

'Which would be never again' Maham thought to herself slyly.

The gifted woman that Maham was, she'd learnt the workings of JA JA group like none else through the course of Jalal's upbringing. So much so that she'd grown to become his advisor in many-a-business-affair!

However, there was one area she was NOT an undisputed leader in and that was FASHION. Her sense of fashion was for want of better word - abysmal - in comparison to Ruqaiyya's. If Mrs. Jalal-ud-din Muhammed managed to get her way and open a fashion branch, she'd have no say or power in it. Now, THAT was something Maham would never let happen!

Surveying her sceptical mistress, Maham reiterated herself - this time with a wide smile 'Madam, I WILL speak to Jalal when the time is suitable...trust me...'

'And WHEN exactly would that be?' Ruqaiyya came back again - her tone sharper. She could see precisely how the lady was trying to sabotage her dreams!

'Another day Madam...not today...' the nanny explained 'As it is, Jalal wasn't very pleased with you for misplacing his treasured shoes last night...'

'What?' Ruqaiyya exclaimed under her breath. How could she have known their private conversation? Unless of course, the old woman was peeking through their bedroom door yet again last night!

Disgusted, Ruqaiyya interrupted the old lady 'Enough of this! I know its never going to happen Mrs. Maham...so I shall take matters into my own hands now!'

Seizing her mobile phone, Ruqaiyya quickly texted her husband

'Jalal, I need you here now, xo xo xo!'

She was aware of how far her husband disliked any such distractions - especially when he was in meetings with clients, but she did it anyway. After all, she knew she 'ruled his mind' and whatever the matter - he'd be at her cabin in no time!

Glaring at the disapproving Maham, Ruqaiyya quickly finished up her cigarette, as she waited for his arrival.

Soon after, there was a knock

'Why is he knocking?' Ruqaiyya thought 'Come in...'

The door swung open and in staggered a gruffly-dressed man in khakhis. The smell of alcohol instantly permeated the room as the boor clumsily brought a paper towards them.

lashy thumbnail

RUQAIYYA'S CABIN

The door swung open and in staggered a gruffly-dressed man in khakhis. The smell of alcohol instantly permeated the room as the boor clumsily brought a paper towards them.

'Adham...what are you doing here...' Maham gritted her teeth 'You're supposed to be managing the store room right?'

'I need a signature from Madam Ruqaiyya' he said, stifling a burp!

Ruqaiyya couldn't help but look away in disgust as the lusty man approached her with the file. Doing the needful, she dismissed Maham's son as swiftly as she could.

Yes! Unbelievable, but this specimen was none other Maham's OWN flesh and blood. A far cry from his shrewd mother - but, not his fault really. The nanny had spent all her effort on nurturing Jalal for 23 years, till one day she suddenly realized that she'd totally forgotten about the existence of her own son! Alas! It was too late to rectify matters now.

'Thank you madam' he saluted Ruqaiyya with a flirty grin.

Observing her worthless son's improper intentions with revulsion, the distraught mother echoed his name three times to snap him out of his hypnotized state 'Adham... Adham... Adham ... I have told you many times not to interrupt when two people are discussing issues... I have such lofty ambitions for you and...how...many...not...I...want...to...' the mother-son's conversation became less and less audible till he'd been finally led outside the cabin.

A short while later Maham rejoined her mistress inside - but only, just in time for the arrival of their awaited visitor.

'He's here...finally!' the wife mulled with relief. She'd recognized the musky fragrance of her husband's perfume even before he'd opened the door!

'Ruqaiyya...' a husky voice echoed, as the door swung shut behind the handsome athletic man. How dapper he looked in his crisp blue Armanis and complimenting black shoes. He'd have to be the only young male in the 21st century who could carry a moustache with such elegance!

'What's this?' He held up his I-phone 5, showing her the text she'd sent a short while ago 'I've told you I don't like to be disturbed when I'm in an important...'

'My issue' she cut him with mild irritation 'Is an important one too, Jalal!'

He glimpsed at her as she stood steadfast in her spot. Ya Allah! Her stubbornness! She looked just as delectable as she was when he'd met her in Agra University three years ago. He'd sampled many-a-lovely-cuisine before he'd known her, but once he'd met her he knew she was the one!

'All right, what is it? Tell me then' He put both his hands in his pockets with a stern frown - a typical habit of his when he partook in any important discussion. That was a good sign for her - he was taking her seriously!

'You remember that proposal I'd told you about few months ago?' she sweetened her tone, as she gradually started adjusting his collar 'About my fashion business...why haven't you approved it yet? After all I am the wife of the CEO of this large Empire...I'm only asking for what's within my rights, isn't it?'

Studying her unusually loving overtures wryly, Jalal cast an inquisitive glance at his Badi Ammi and then back at his wife 'Badi Ammi had advised me that your project wasn't ready yet...so, I...'

'That's a lie!' Ruqiayya stopped him curtly. Seizing her file from the table, she showed it to him 'I'd prepared this months ago, but Mrs. Maham never brought it to your attention!'

Briefly puzzled by the revelation, he looked at his nanny with an unconvinced frown - quickly realizing that it was yet another of their tiffs he was being dragged into.

'Jalal...Jalal...Jalal...' the lady quickly walked up to him to make up for losing ground - nearly nudging Ruqaiyya away 'Don't you trust me? I did what I thought was best for you and for the company...after all, that's what I've always wanted...' she placed her hands on his cheeks and lovingly stroked them 'Ever since you were a kid all I've ever wanted for you is what's best for you...that's why I went all the way to the kirana store for all those years and got you that Gold toned milk even though...'

'Badi Ammi...Badi Ammi' he spoke up with a sweet smile wiping the tear off her eye 'Don't you think I understand? Your gestures are something I can never forget my whole life!'

'Ya right!' Ruqaiyya thought to herself 'Like she'd ever let him forget about any of it!'

Watching the excessive display of affection between nanny and son, the wife could do little else but sigh to herself in frustration.

'Now Badi Ammi...don't be worried about these little things...' he continued 'I request you to be on your way...we need to prepare for the press conference that's to take place in 10 minutes...since JA JA Group ignored the news meet last time, I'm sure there are going to be many disgruntled journalists and embarrassing questions! We better BRACE ourselves for it!'

'Yes Jalal...' Maham nodded her head understandingly. She then hurled a hesitant glimpse in Ruqaiyya's direction

Noting Maham's reservations, Jalal impishly leaned forward and whispered to her with a knowing smile 'Don't worry Badi Ammi...I'll handle this...I know how to do it...'

Returning his smiles with a proud that's-my-boy grin, the old lady then walked out of the cabin - finally leaving the couple behind to themselves!

There! One woman down. He then turned back to attend to the other woman in his life, who was by now more than just-sulking! Though she wasn't privy to the final bits of their conversation, Ruqaiyya was more than aware of what they must have exchanged.

Suddenly pulling her close to him with masculine charm, he whispered into her ears 'Darling... don't worry...now that I know of it, I shall look into it by myself...prepare a detailed 100 page report on your proposal and present it to me... I'll go through it...'

'100 pages?' Ruqaiyya gasped

'Yes... it IS a business venture, isn't it?' he reminded her

Was he really serious about fulfilling her wishes? She knew how MUCH the repute of his Empire meant to him. Though she didn't want to believe his words at first, gazing into his playfully sexy eyes for more than a moment was enough to diminish her resolute. She couldn't help but break into the slightest of smiles 'And I wouldn't have to show it to Mrs. Maham?'

He HAD to laugh at her apprehensions 'No you don't...' He ended his statement with a tantalizing wink!

There! Both women down!

HOME - AT NIGHT

Admiring his reflection in the glistening show piece - a Samurai sword on a holder that sat at a corner of his expansive bathroom - Jalal reflected upon the day's events as he soaked in his bubbling jacuzzi.

'Ruqaiyya...Ruqaiyya...' he thought to himself. No doubt, she was the love of his life. No doubt she was a perfect partner in every way - she knew his tastes like no other, she was loyal, classy, intelligent, loved smoking just like he did, an excellent host at his business parties AND a delightful partner at night too! In return, he'd spoilt her rotten - houses, cars, jewellery, holidays - all of it. Why, he'd even forgiven her for misplacing his cherished shoes in a jiffy. However, one thing he would NOT put at stake - even for her - was the honour and pride of his Empire, JA JA!

'Ha!' he thought to himself. She was always under the impression that she ruled his mind when it was in fact the other way around. He'd given her a 100-page task -just like he'd done many times in the past - that he knew she would NEVER complete. Not because she wasn't capable of doing so, but because she never put in the effort required. What with all of her spare time taken up either shopping for jewellery or playing ridiculous games like Angry Birds and Crossword puzzles with her page 3 friends- while they sat and gossiped about boyfriends and husbands! His Empire was safe from her, for now!

His glance then fell at the glass of drink in his hand.

'Badi Ammi...Badi Ammi' he continued. Now, SHE was a different ballgame altogether. She thought he knew not what she was up to, but he was no seven year old now. He had great regard for her, but he'd known about her lofty intentions for a while now. She was growing too old for this game and Jalal was certain she was fast losing it too. Why, he'd even caught her doing strange things in the recent past - talking to her reflection, laughing to herself, crying to herself and even talking to something in her closets! He realized it wouldn't be long before she'd forgo her sanity completely! His Empire was safe from her too!

'Let the women in your life THINK they are winning, and then you've ACTUALLY won half the battle already' his trusted professor, Bairam Khan had advised him. He never failed to follow those priceless instructions!

The ingenious businessman then went on to gulp down the slick glass of Amul Gold homogenized toned milk he held in his hand - letting out a low victorious laugh as he did so!

The End!😳

lashy thumbnail
UPDATE finished😊Edited by lashy - 10 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Brilliant!!!πŸ‘ You're a genius..!!! This is the most epic OS I have ever read 🀣
 Amul Gold homogenized toned milk

🀣 🀣 

Sexylicious. thumbnail
🀣 🀣 Even though this is not AkDha but loved it! LMAO 🀣 amazing!
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

Brilliant!!!πŸ‘ You're a genius..!!! This is the most epic OS I have ever read 🀣

Amul Gold homogenized toned milk

🀣 🀣 

Any other innuendo that took your fancy?πŸ˜›
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Tahniat..

🀣 🀣 Even though this is not AkDha but loved it! LMAO 🀣 amazing!

Me no wanted to make fun of my Akdha...πŸ˜† me too mean...

But hey, Ruqs has not turned out all that bad has she? I've tried being civilπŸ˜†
Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: lashy

Any other innuendo that took your fancy?πŸ˜›

khan baba ko kya bana diya 🀣

adviser on womenπŸ˜†

Autumn_Rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: lashy

Me no wanted to make fun of my Akdha...πŸ˜† me too mean...

But hey, Ruqs has not turned out all that bad has she? I've tried being civilπŸ˜†

πŸ˜†
It actually suits her.. she hasn't changed a bit even after so many centuries