Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Misti one thing i forget to tell ,that you bring positivity with your thoughts in the situations in the show. i am softy , feel sympathy for Shalok also who is so much under influence of his father that he idolize him , can not see his real face. .Elder brother knows the real face of his father . He is on the track of his revenge agenda , so is cool about the whole previous night ,
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: ushasri

nice analysis misti and i observed some pair going to that hotel so that hotel is not gd and there a big pbm cmg to astha and though shlok falling for astha he wil say finally he acted to enter into her gd bks sure

Thanks Usha for liking it. Seeing the young couples going up the stairs it does not look that the hotel is a reputed one. I think that Neeranjan still wants Astha to marry Shlok. Lets see whether she gets to know before or after marriage.
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Anisha & Samridhi,
Thanks for liking the analysis.  

Anisha:  The pace was faster.  so I can understand why you, Samridhi and some others considered it a somewhat disjointed episode.  They do need to slow down in some places and that was needed in the morning scene.  Probably they wanted to end at a particular point in temple and that was the reason.  Of course ratings play an important part in everything these days.  I think CVs (channel/PH) realizes that it is a good product based on review/enthusiasm in the forum and more than likely will not spoil it in a hurry.  Of course you never know in TV world these days.  

I had the same reaction when I saw the after part of the molestation scene.  I had expected more from CVs.  Again they hurried that part.  I could have understood Astha's family not reporting it to police, but they needed to concentrate on middle class family's fears.  Right now in this track, they are focusing on Kalindi's worry about Astha's reputation being damaged that would affect her fear.  Also they showed Shlok grabbing the face in that demonic manner (rarely shown such extreme on the part of a hero).  So I don't think they are going to take it nowhere.

I agree that Shlok's love scenes with Astha are less interesting than other scenes with her or with his family.  I have seen Avinash in other shows where he had a phenomenal chemistry with his ex co-star.  So of course I too judge the chemistry based on what I have seen before.  But I am willing to give it time because their true love scenes have not come up so far.  I like you hope that the love story will not be rushed too much as I want to see other nuances in the relationship.  Also I want to see Shlok with his family too because those scenes are so interesting to me.  

Samridhi:  I understand why you feel that Astha's reactions were so weird.  I had the same reaction when I saw her calling the auto in that untraumatized way after she was almost raped by an auto rickshaw driver.  That scene did not go well with me.   But then after seeing her reaction in today's episode, I am thinking that they are showing Astha as this person who just ignores these unpleasant memories and act as if nothing happened.  This may be her coping mechanism.   Avdhoot is like that too.  Niranjan walked out on him without saying a word.  He feels extremely uncomfortable at Niranjan's house.  Yet he is acting as if such an incident never happened.  Kalindi complained to him about Anjali, yet he made it seem almost inconsequential.  Today again Kalindi was worried about Astha.  yet when Astha called him in that chirpy voice, he was again reassured.  He ignored the curt behavior of Shlok the previous night where Shlok had not been so abrupt at his (Avdhoot's) concerns about Astha staying alone with him.  

Waseem is not the director who ignores such important details.  From what I have seen of his work in Veera, he does concentrate on details.  For example, even the watch of Shlok (flashed for few seconds) was shown to have a label of Hermes ( a prestigious French company known for designer watches, scarves etc.).  So he would not show Astha so casual two times in a row unless he is emphasizing that part of her personality. 

In real life, there are girls like Astha who just want to believe what they want to believe.  They will take abuse and then justify it because they "love" the guy. When I saw Astha so chirpy in the morning, I wanted to shake her physically to snap out of her dream world and run away from Shlok and his family.  

Of course, I could be totally wrong and they may be trivializing the abuse.  But somehow I am having doubts about that considering that there is so much emphasis on crimes on women these days.  As I have written in my previous posts, I have no problems if they show a male lead as grey (even abusive) or a family so regressive.  The problem is how they show the other side.  Does Astha is shown later on conforming to Agnihotri family's value system or rebelling against it.  so far Astha's family is shown as a complete contrast to Agnihotri family implying that they are neither justifying regressive value system nor defending abuse.  But again I have to see more episodes to come to a firm conclusion. 

Misti:  I realize that I duplicated some of the stuff you wrote in your posts.  I only skimmed your original posts and did not read your responses to other posts before writing my thoughts. Once I read them in detail, I realized that I duplicated some of the stuff you already wrote.
Edited by Angie12 - 10 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sofna

I was waiting for Misti and Angie  positive thghts on today's epi...The 2nd half  didn't mke sense...but one thing is clear...CV's r Rushing somwer...Evn if Shlok is planning..that laugh was jst so random 😆

Sofna,  thanks.  Somehow I missed seeing your post.  

Yes, I agree that the pace was quite fast today.  They do need to slow it down.  I don't think that laugh was random.  To me it was a laugh of satisfaction that Astha was making all those excuses for his behavior.  But they still needed to show more awkwardness on Astha's part and some additional solo Shlok scenes before showing that scene.
aviation-ca thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Misti, Angie & et all..

I finally caught up with the episodes over the weekend.. but with heavy reservations.. at this point only Avi plus deliciously dysfunctional Agnihotris & the fact that there is no other show I want to watch.. has me recording this & watching...

Oh well!!! Will give it a benefit of doubt... I am truly hoping after all this hoopla.. there is actually a revenge plan...
misti73 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ArVi-licious

Oh misti... Wonderful write up..Thanks for liking it.  My thoughts too..
seriously after watching, Friday's epi n the precap.. I was expecting some more heated arguments.. And we hardly got a few seconds of the hotel room scene.. He broke d window n then just left.. I was like o_O ye Kya hua? The waiter became kaba main haddi...the light came back and he came to his senses regarding the fact that he had lost his senses..
ok so he left, drank, probably went n slept in car like had told Astha to do previously.. Anyway Astha dear, cried, wondered, analyzed n finally came to d conclusion that maybe it was her fault!!! they way she had questioned Shlok previously I expected Astha to demand an apology frm Shlok. But she just took a total turn n was yapping happily munching the vada pav's..Has Astha ever asked Shlok for an apology? She does not have any sense of personal boundary to think that she deserves an apology.
Shlok.. Hmm what do I say.. One moment angry other happy?! Angry because he slipped and then happy maybe because Astha has accepted his anger without reacting the next day and also might be because he is genuinlyfascinated by her...And I like how u pointed out, that when Shlok was taking off his shoes he was only looking at Astha, I noticed that too, I dont knw if this is sum improv of his plan, it doesn't make sense, d emotions in d precap looked genuine though.. He wouldn't give away swathi's name if this was just a plan..Actually I want to see how much of a devil is he...he knows that he has slipped so, is he going to use his own past to hoodwink Astha or is that him being genuingly worried. He reacts like his mother and that might be a spontaneous reaction of his to the fact that he cannot find Astha.
we r using our grey matter too much, I think cv's should think this thro.. Or maybe we should wait for another episode n see how things work..Yes regarding the later..😉...but people who know me also know that I always use my grey matter a bit too much.😉😆
well having said all that I loved d Avinash's smile.. For a while n let logic go n just enjoyed d scene.ok...I know that he has that effect😉.

Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Myra.nelly

Good post Misti! Cant comment as i havent watched the epi !

Hi Myra. Hope that you did not mind me opening a thread. I didn't see your thread and so opened this one.
Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: misti73

Hi Myra. Hope that you did not mind me opening a thread. I didn't see your thread and so opened this one.

No, why would i mind?! infact i wanted to message you or angie ( whoever i saw online) to open one as i m late in watching the epi!! So its cool! left my short comment on page 4 😃
Angie12 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aviation-ca

Misti, Angie & et all..

I finally caught up with the episodes over the weekend.. but with heavy reservations.. at this point only Avi plus deliciously dysfunctional Agnihotris & the fact that there is no other show I want to watch.. has me recording this & watching...

Oh well!!! Will give it a benefit of doubt... I am truly hoping after all this hoopla.. there is actually a revenge plan...

Aviation,  I know you have reservations. But it is good that you are giving it a chance still.  I too am hoping that it is not a case of Khoda paahad nikla chuha aur voh bhi mara hua (translation:  digging a mountain to find a mouse and that too a dead one or "making mountain out of molehill").

I am now expecting a proper solid revenge plan as well as a proper, solid back story to explain Shlok's estrangement from Anjali and detachment from the family.  Also I need to see a proper backstory of Shlok and Swati to justify this darkness in him.  If they goof up on this stuff, then it would be a huge let down.  You will then see me blasting CVs as I used to do in both CB forums.  

Right now, Avi and the Agnihotri family are the biggest draw for me also though I also like Astha's very realistic parents scenes of Astha with Shlok.  However, I am watching it as more than a love story.  Love story is just a part of this big story for me and that's why I want to see Shlok's interactions with his family and their side stories too as to what makes them tick (Anjali/Niranjan and Sojal/Varad and missing Jyoti/Puja).