Miss Philippines wins Miss World 2013

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

Miss Philippines wins Miss World 2013

Megan Young, the 23-year old Miss Philippines is on top of the world!! She defeated contestants from 127 countries to win the title of Miss World 2013. Megan could hardly contain her excitement when her name was announced and she was crowned with the glittering tiara of Miss World 2013 in Bali, Indonesia on 28th September.

"I promise to be the best Miss World ever," Megan said after winning Miss World 2013, a pageant that has been put on for 63 years. Megan was clearly emotional after the big announcement, covering her mouth with her hands and smiling uncontrollably.

Megan was actually born in America- Alexandria, Virginia, where she lived until the age of 10 years. Megan Young has appeared on Filipino television shows and has been a successful TV host as well. But she always dreamt of winning a beauty pageant and here she is with the most coveted title of the world!

Megan was crowned by Wenxia Yu of China who was Miss World 2012. Miss France Marine Lorphelin took second place, while Miss Ghana Carranzar Naa OkaileyShooter came third in the contest this year.

Unfortunately, our very own Miss India Navneet Kaur Dhillon didn't make it to the Top 10 in the contest. But she proudly walked away with the title of Miss Multimedia, an award for managing the web section of the Miss World in the best possible way through regular status updates, photos and videos.

Indeed this is an important honor in the age of social networking when mostly everyone is so active on Facebook, twitter etc. to know about the world. Navneet won this title after leaving behind Miss Thailand and Miss Nepal who were battling with her in top 3.

21 year old Navneet's page has so far got 1,27,725 likes which was achieved with her constant active interaction with her fans, her regular updates about the experiences at the Miss World 2013 contest through self-clicked photos and videos. Her contributions in particular on the Multimedia Award day were appreciated where she helped raise awareness about the rare Sumatran Tiger as she posted some really clever and prompt updates using pictures and videos through the day.

"Winning the crown will be a dream come true and it will give me a platform to improve the lives of less privileged in my country and people around the world. I hope to make my country proud," she wrote on her page.

Haryana born Navneet was the winner of Pond's 50th edition of Femina Miss World India 2013 that took place in Mumbai in March.  Navneet was being touted as one of the probable winners and expected to bring back the title home after a gap of more than a decade. But Megan Young went ahead in the race swiftly and bagged the crown.

2013s Miss World pageant was not without drama by any means though. The pageant, which was set to be held in the predominantly Muslim city Jakarta, faced mass protests from the Islamic Defenders Front, who believed the pageant went against Muslim teachings.

Just three weeks before the event's final, the Indonesian government moved Miss World from Jakarta to the Hindu-dominated island of Bali. The pageant has successfully reached its crescendo and everything went on smoothly. Megan Young, the new Miss World deserves a huge round of applause. We congratulate Megan on her win!!

Share your views and feedback about this on Twitter-iDubba and set reminders for your favorite shows on iDubba app..