OS 'Because, you're you and I'm me!' - That DARK night at the FOREST

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Just something I penned last night - nothing too great/out of the ordinary...but, had to while my time till Mohan made his appearance...so, for those of you interested!😳

He put his hand up in stern denial. He didn't want anything to do with her - well, for that moment at least!

Briefly studying his intimidating glares, she quivered - in fear, in cold, in discomfort AND in guilt. As it is, his very presence was enough to unsettle her. This instance was worse - way worse! He had MORE than enough reason to intimidate her and for her to be intimidated.

Three times in two weeks was more than most would be ready to forgive. At least during the Holi mishap she was truly innocent. During her impulsive hysterics at the lakeside, she could claim to be driven by mental anguish. However, this time she had nothing to go on! While her reasoning for removing the bullets from his hunting gun that morning was entirely something else - THAT something else now seemed relatively trivial!

'Argh!' he suddenly exclaimed under his breath.

Watching him struggle to remove the tunic from his mangled torso, the concerned lady in her couldn't help but speak up once again 'Shehenshah...shall I...I...'

'NO!' he grit his teeth, compelled to quell the ferocity of his reply - lest other nocturnal animals became alerted to their presence too!

He couldn't believe his ill-luck! Wounded and fatigued; he was now needlessly stuck in a cold, dark, damp, cavern - for Allah knew how long - with the one woman who was capable of driving him to insanity!

'B...but...why? You are...are...'she muttered as she nervously flicked a wet lock of hair behind her ear

'Because I am the Shehenshah! The mighty Emperor of the Mughal Sultanat - now is THAT answer enough for you?' he retorted as he bore into her subdued eyes 'Besides, now I am certain that if you did decide to help me, there'd be little assurance of my recovery!'

On any other day, she would have come up with a hundred rebuttals to that statement - however, this time she knew better than to do so!

So, she sat back and waited - while he winced and endured. 

The claw marks were really beginning to sting - especially as the threads from his stately attire kept getting caught in the gashes. Besides, his arm had begun throbbing with pain too!

Frustrated; Jalal leaned back on the moss-ridden walls of the cave and grunted in agony. He was fast losing any bit of patience he had. Following a few more failed attempts, the King eventually yelled in exacerbation 'Why are you just sitting by and watching...can't you come forward to help me ?'

She looked up in confusion 'B...b...but you'd told me not to...'

'Well...I tell you again...HELP ME NOW...' he ordered her

Though her initial sentiments were to say something else, she decided against holding any grudges for the moment. Though unintentionally, she'd somehow wronged him and he was in severe discomfort as a result of that. Sighing in mild annoyance, Jodha muttered under her breath 'Yes...yes... you are the Shehenshah...the Emperor of the Mughal Sultanat...I have to follow your wish...'

He'd overheard her. Incensed by her subtle remark, he glared at her in resentment as the dainty queen came by to kneel beside him. While she was unsure how to proceed, he showed little co-operation. He hadn't gotten over her foolish act yet!

'I didn't think it was right to hunt animals...I didn't think it was right of you to force me to do so either Shehenshah...so, I'd removed the bullets from your gun...' she'd whimpered earlier

Though finding herself unsettled, Jodha realized that she had to overcome her reservations - by herself! While Jalal looked away in anger, she gradually placed her hands on his shoulders and propped him against the rocky walls. Barely able to hide her uneasiness, she slipped her hands on the edges of his tunic and started sliding them off his shoulders - taking utmost care to minimize any grazing. If nothing else, she didn't want to risk another outburst!

While her fingers glided past the steely skin on his shoulders and arms, the anxious queen unwittingly cast a few sceptical glances in his direction. Flinching as the garment coasted over his wounds; Jalal eventually looked up to stare into her eyes. Ironically; while her alluring eyes had always reminded him of a graceful doe, the aggression in his glares now reminded her of the harrowing tiger that'd just been slain!

The unusual couple continued to gaze at each other. It was the first time she'd known this physical proximity with him - the first time he'd known her touch. The entire situation was more than just awkward. Then, the few silent moments came to a sudden standstill - when Jodha came to be aware that his robe was off.

'Lord!' she assured herself - trying to avert her gazes from his sculpted chest 'I am just doing my duty here!'

She swiftly picked up the peepal leaf that held the medicinal paste she'd prepared a while ago. She wanted to get this done over as quickly as possible - without any further incident!

Picking up some of the paste, she hesitantly sat still for a moment - waiting for his signal! He gave her a grim nod and Jodha begun her treatment - by dabbing some on his arms.

No sooner than she did so, the rage in his temperament that had just begun settling down - returned with full force! He instinctively grabbed her wrist with all his might 'Stop Begum Jodha! This..this...this...paste...burns...' his frowns were increasingly furious 'What is this medicine you've concocted?'

'Shehenshah...' she explained meekly 'This is what I could do with the plants I found here...besides, this is an effective medicine...we use this in Amer to...'

He almost slapped his forehead 'Oh! An Ameri speciality, is it? No wonder it stings!'

She stopped there for a moment - staring agape, while he pursued with his rant 'If Begum Ruqaiyya was here, she'd have known precisely what to do! I don't know what got into me when I thought of taking you along...'

'Then you should have brought HER along Shehenshah...why did you drag me along here when you knew 'I' had no interest...'  she sounded almost bitter there

He was briefly taken aback by the animosity in her reply - he knew not if it was pure irritation or laced with a hint of jealousy. Noting the intrigue in his eyes thereafter, she muted her tone 'What's the point...why do I keep searching for logic in your actions...' she paused 'Anyway, you pride on being an invincible Emperor time and again... can't you withstand this pain for a few moments longer?' 

If only she knew how unpleasant her concoction felt to his inflamed skin!

'Begum Jodha' he warned her 'That's enough...'

She got the message thereafter - loud and clear! So, she quietly waited for him to release her wrist. Once he'd done so, she was about to dip her fingers into the paste again - when she observed how markedly disfigured her lac bangles had become. 

Jalal noticed her unhappy frowns and then cast a disinterested glance at her bangles 'Let me guess' he smirked 'They're from Amer?' Taking her ongoing silence to be a 'yes', he ended with a biting comment 'After all, what else have you EVER cared about?'

Though offended by his jibe, Jodha chose not to react. Resuming from where she'd left off, she shifted herself closer to him. Though more uncomfortable then ever, Jodha went on to apply the paste on his shoulders. As she began gently rubbing it into his taut skin, she couldn't help but wonder how robust they felt. In her sheltered life so far, she'd never come across anything so masculine - so majestic.

'I am just doing my duty here!' she swiftly pushed her thoughts into oblivion.

The distracted queen then watched him to fathom his reactions. Why did the minimal distance between them only possess a problem for her? Even if he WAS affected by it, he appeared to be doing a good job of hiding it 

'After all, I am not the first lady to be tending to him thus' she reminded herself in distress

Suddenly, her glimpses fell on his brows - they'd knotted in a grimace! 'D...does it still burn?' she enquired with worry

'No it doesn't!' he lied in an abrupt tone 'Don't assume things you know nothing about...'

She let out a wry sigh 'Just like how you assumed my bangles were from Amer and not Agra...'

This time he HAD to look up - into her eyes.

She continued nonchalantly 'You may not remember, but these bangles were one of the many you'd gifted me during our wedding. I do care for my possessions at Agra just as much as I used to at Amer! Only, you've never cared to recognize that part of me...'

This time, it was his turn to stay silent since he knew not what to say. He reviewed her expressions to see if she was lying to get back at him. He could perceive nervousness, abashment, even guilt for her actions - but no malice whatsoever! Enticing she was no doubt, but so untainted too? Whatever their issues, he knew that she was like none other he'd known. No wonder, his fortitude had always floundered around her. 

As she moved closer to attend to the wounds on his chest, he could watch her wrestle with embarrassment. What a contrast her divine features looked just beside his gruff face. Unbeknown to him, the fury in him seemed to slowly subside of its own accord.  

Jodha started applying the paste on his chest with little option, but to lean against him as she did so. She had to proceed with caution, but her fingers refused to stay still. When she placed her palm on his chest, she couldn't deny that she unwittingly read his heartbeat. Though nowhere as haywire as hers - it sounded racy too!

Astonished, she looked up. Yes - though he'd hidden it well enough behind his mask of rage, it was all but killing him too. Well; when a glimpse of hers was sufficient to incite passion in him, this physical proximity was too much to take - far more than the sting caused by any of his injuries. Her alluring profile that he wanted-to-covet and yet not-want-to-covet had begun driving him wild long before she'd recognized it. He'd won many-a-battle against her, but this war seemed more difficult than any else he'd waged. He could take it no longer - after all, why let go of such a priceless opportunity?

Suddenly, without any warning - he pulled his unwitting queen close to him. His arm snaked around her bare waist. She was now a prisoner within his clasp -leaning on his chest - imprisoned on his lap!

'What!' she exclaimed under her breath

She didn't know which came first -the dread of the impending scenario or the involuntary excitement caused by his touch. Paying no attention to the tingle in her spine, she tried freeing herself from his iron grip 'What are you doing?'

He just continued gazing into her eyes. Neither did he answer her, nor did he let her go.

She wanted to cause his cuts no grief by actively fighting him off, so she squirmed to let herself go - her soiled hands smudging the herbs on his arms as she did so 'Please... let me go...please..' her voice was shaky

However, the mischievous fervour in him meant he only tightened his grip around her exposed waist. He was right! Her skin was just as silky as he'd imagined. He'd finally avenged her wicked veil - that transparent excuse-for-a-cloak had teased him enough times in the past!

While she proceeded to object, he paid no heed to her half-hearted protest. Undaunted, Jalal then gingerly moved the wet lock of hair from her face that had been irking her for a while now. While she stared back at him in panic, the ardent young man didn't stop there. He trailed his fingers along the profile of her lustrous face all the way from her forehead till he reached her lips. He could sense them trembling in fright.

'N...noo...please don't...you can't' she insisted meekly

'Why?' he broke out into an impish smile 'Didn't you say that I was the Shehenshah...that I could do as I please...'

Jodha felt herself become increasingly desperate. While most of her was mortified by this brazen act of his, there was a small part that was beginning to feel sucked in. After all, it was the first time she knew how it felt to be wrapped within the powerful hands of her husband. It was the first time she understood what her maids meant when they used to giggle about 'feeling-the-protective-embrace-of-a-man'. The sensation of leaning against his exposed warm chest was no less intoxicating than a dangerous drug!

Fighting her rousing passions, the fretful Jodha rebelled - her restlessness evident 'This does not befit your status Shehenshah...to behave in this manner...its improper...'

'Why?' he frowned teasingly 'YOU were also observing ME a short while ago...'

Her cheeks turned a crimson red. Squashing her raging emotions, she argued instantaneously 'NO...no...what ...what...are...'

Continuing to caress her inviting lips, he questioned her with confidence 'I AM your lawfully wedded husband, am I not?'

She shut her eyes in answer - what could she say?

'Then...what wrong am I doing now?'

'You...you' she stuttered as his finger slipped from her lips to her chin and then her neck

He was titillating her and he was enjoying the effect it had on this stubborn wife of his 'Yes...Jodha...' he asked her, as he pursued this new sport of his - drawing patterns on her bare neck and shoulders 

The rattled queen heaved in exasperation 'You...you are forcing me...'

'Am I?' he let out a sinister laugh as he watched how she was barely even fighting him off 'Am I now?'

The boisterous chuckle drew her out of her stupor 'YES!'

'You have NO idea what FORCING is Begum Jodha...' the fascinated Jalal replied 'I haven't even begun yet!'

She was appalled 'No!' she thought to herself in terror

It took all the resolute he could muster to stop himself from planting his lips on her luscious ones. He waited for a good few moments, before his fingers eventually reached her chest. Though roused by her presence and trepidation; he smiled to himself as he decided to bring his mischief to a stop 'Begum Jodha if I had to force you, I could have done it a long time ago...but, I didn't...I haven't...' he paused 'and will never do so either!'

Then, she unexpectedly felt his grip loosen around her waist. Still jittery, Jodha opened her eyes to stare at this confounding young man.

'And have you ever asked yourself why, Begum?' he asked her - his smiles more straightforward now 'Because I'm a man...a human being...long before I was a Shehenshah! But then, you've never tried searching for that part of me yet, have you?'

While she sat back stupefied, he then held up the wrist of hers that he'd been holding on to tightly. Slowly loosening each finger that was holding her hand, he viewed her disfigured bangles slip back into place 'And when you do find the man in this Shehenshah...trust me, you'll relish your stay at Agra, just as much as you used to do so at Amer! That's my promise to you...'

Taking advantage of the situation, Jodha swiftly moved a short distance away from him. She was dazed and disconcerted. She didn't know whether to be angry at him for subduing her with his clout, or to admire the restraint he showed after. She didn't know whether to despise his arrogance or to succumb to the slightest hint of longing she'd caught as he whispered his last statement. Maybe he was just all of it, all along. Maybe it was SHE who hadn't read him properly so far. She couldn't understand what had transpired, but she knew this much - that something in her feelings had changed since that evening.

Edited by lashy - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Okay. Now i wan't exactly THIS to happen.
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I loved it ❤️

❤️ AkDha❤️

lashy thumbnail
Awww thank you girls...as long as it made the read worthwhile...😊
aanchal_c thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
it is amazing...loved it...wish this would happen but the cv's would never even think of this.
XDPagalKuriXD thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was so GOOOD! I LOVED IT! ❤️
Akdha❤️

I thought you wrote 'He instinctively grabbed her waist' and I WAS LIKE OMG OMG 
But after few seconds..I realised it says 'He instinctively grabbed her wrist'🤣 
You are a really good writer! 
Edited by XDPagalKuriXD - 10 years ago
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh, gorgeous. Ye bakwas CVs ko replace karke tumhe lena chahiye. Now, nothing short of this scene will satisfy me. Ye tumne kya kiya, Lashy? 😆
--Aashi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It is tooo goood...😊 You are a brilliant writer⭐️👏
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Oh, gorgeous. Ye bakwas CVs ko replace karke tumhe lena chahiye. Now, nothing short of this scene will satisfy me. Ye tumne kya kiya, Lashy? 😆

Maardaala...😆
lashy thumbnail
@ Aanchal...come to think about it...(sorry, technical alert! Lol) most serials do have a few scenes like this during the romantic journey of their leads...when written out in this manner it sounds more explicit since we concentrate on the sentiments/passions the leads are going through...but, look at the scenes between Arshi, scenes in Geet & Madhubala etc..they're no lesser than this...
Hope the CVs come up with something vaguely as romantic as this...