Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
In Amreeka, boy and girl decide to get married, they save up from their own jobs and pay for half the expenses while boy's parents and girl's parents pay for other half, mainly the Reception. Waisey bhi Amreeka waley shadi mein so much dikhawa is not there, but reception dinner is very expensive, usually starts from $80 a plate per head, thats why they dont allow guests to bring kids along as that would mean adding more plates. But theres no soney ka sikka for guests, only little packages of candy or small gifts which are called wedding favors... which are left at each wedding guest's dinner tables.
That NRI sister was as vulgar and obnoxious as the rest of her family! She cracked me up with her pseudo talk abt interior design and kitchen placement. But we do come across such desis who behave as if they grew 2 heads and 3 tails just because they live abroad! πŸ˜†
ApoorvaFan thumbnail

Very nice discussion every one... πŸ‘πŸ‘

My 2 cents

there are two points here in this whole Prachi marriage process

1. choosing Sunil and his family
2. expensive marriage

I want to borrow DVs words... Regarding choosing Sunil and his family, Prachi who is a  grown up who understood them after seeing all the tamasha, still wants to go ahead with this decision so its her decision and its not Sanchi's fault.. She is trying to complete the formality of marriage and give them a legalized relation.

2. Expensive Marriage : Completely Sanchi has bowed down to the pressure of Prachi which is not required. If both Sunil and Prachi are that much in love, they could have come down if Sanchi puts her foot down but she is getting emotionally blackmailed.
pallavi25 thumbnail
^^^ Yes, Sanchi shd have put her foot down, better yet asked Sunil and Prachi to get married by themselves if they loved each other so much! Why shd Sanchi bear the burden of their wedding costs?
 Arent Sunil and Prachi both earning? Sunil calls himself a man and expects his sister-in-law to pay for the wedding? Shame on him! 
mm250314 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Karri1555

One thing Saachi does not realise is that her Father would never have bowed down when he knows the marriage is wrong.  If her Father had to be alive he would have stood firm and Prachi would have to accept it.  Hope something happens before the wedding and Prachi is humiliated and made to face her selfishness and she breaks the marriage on her own and maybe one of Sunil"s cousins who are richer falls for her and decides to marry her.

...    I agree with you here  . .  He father would not have taken such a stand and saachi is wrong, she should have been firm about it, any one can feel that Prachi shall not be happy in that family, her father would have acted properly and even dv should have given the advice that this step of saachi would land Prachi into lots of trouble, he should have made his protests .. Rightly said on a post that saachi  's character is an extreme case of doing anything for her family  . . and her sister is at another poleπŸ˜†.she is totally self centered     . .a bit  shifting away from real characterisation.  
mm250314 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
   .       Great responses in red  upon the very well made points by heemaπŸ‘πŸ‘, the lack of  application of mind by dv upon this issue is also correct ... . It is a wrong portrayal of leads to show them bowing down to dowry . Sachi is a mature, independent woman n still she could not find guts to oppose it, nani n aaji shall be more liked by  some viewers thenπŸ˜†πŸ˜† than the leads. .  I  think jlz makers should remember that showing such clichd issues in such manner shall not buy greater trp'sπŸ˜†. .      Hope to see interesting turns in the story  next week
Karri1555 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I just hope Aaji still stands firm and retains the jewelery and doesn't feel sorry for Saachi and give into her.  Why do these Indian serials always show one sister the epitome of sacrifice and the other one very selfish and self centered.  Hope later on in the show DV frightens Sunil & his family with the laws and the punishment that one could face for dowry.  
TBDRESS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mm250314

.       Great responses in red  upon the very well made points by heemaπŸ‘πŸ‘, the lack of  application of mind by dv upon this issue is also correct ... . It is a wrong portrayal of leads to show them bowing down to dowry . Sachi is a mature, independent woman n still she could not find guts to oppose it, nani n aaji shall be more liked by  some viewers thenπŸ˜†πŸ˜† than the leads. .  I  think jlz makers should remember that showing such clichd issues in such manner shall not buy greater trp'sπŸ˜†. .      Hope to see interesting turns in the story  next week

Thanks mm250314 (sorry don't know your name).  @bold- this is truly sad...if so called "progressive" women like Sachi bow down to such disgusting practices in the name of "customs and traditions,"  then I'm not sure who will have the guts to stand up.  I agree with the comment above- Indian culture has an unhealthy obsession with this idea of "sacrifice" and "unselfishness" and iss sacrificing mataji ki image banane ke liye, they will make their heroines do anything and everything ridiculous and stupid under the sun.  So unrealisitc and uninspiriing.