People think after Shiva, I'm an ideal Karna

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Mohit Raina as Mahadev

MorePics/a>
Mohit Raina seems to have become the first choice to play Lord Shiva on the tube. The actor, who is already essaying Shiva in mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, produced by Nikhil Sinha, will be seen repeating the act in Siddharth Kumar Tewary's Mahabharat.

Says Mohit, "It feels good to be a part of Mahabharat. I was an avid follower of the original series. So, it was a great opportunity to become part of the ongoing edition. I shot for a few hours and it was a great experience. I wish them all the best."
However, if the actor had his way, he would have preferred to play Karna in the show. Says he, "I would like to play Karna because, the complexities of this character intrigues me. He is commonly perceived as the anti-hero yet he did everything like the real hero of a story. From being a suta putra to becoming the king of Angad and the realisation of his lineage -- that he is the eldest Pandava -- he bore all his curses with elan and roared like a lion on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. If it wasn't for the politics and manipulation, he would have remained unbeatable. Hence, it would have been a real challenge to get to play him. Also, some people think after Shiva, I'm an ideal Karna."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh wow... really MR's words..???

i really appreciate the choice of the chracter 
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
We love you as Mahadev, Mohit
Mohit name now is forever is written in history, and anyone who would try to become Mahadev, will be given Mohit example
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
whow really...
i agree that he will really suit in the role of karnaπŸ‘
rajshrip thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
love the article, mohit would be great as karna.πŸ€—
atominis thumbnail
For now he is a part of history as Lord Shiva. He can't be imagined in any other role.

I kind of agree on his words on Karna. I also find it the most intriguing character of MB. I guess Karna fascinates most people. Aamir Khan has often expressed desire to make a film on MB and said if he had the proper physique and looks then he would have loved to play Karna.
SadhanaV thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Mohit you would be the only choice for the role of Karna as well. And I would support you all the way as well.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
No, I can't imagine him as a Karna.  As a Bhima maybe.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Proud-India

Mohit Raina as Mahadev

MorePics/a>
Mohit Raina seems to have become the first choice to play Lord Shiva on the tube. The actor, who is already essaying Shiva in mythological show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev, produced by Nikhil Sinha, will be seen repeating the act in Siddharth Kumar Tewary's Mahabharat.

Says Mohit, "It feels good to be a part of Mahabharat. I was an avid follower of the original series. So, it was a great opportunity to become part of the ongoing edition. I shot for a few hours and it was a great experience. I wish them all the best."
However, if the actor had his way, he would have preferred to play Karna in the show. Says he, "I would like to play Karna because, the complexities of this character intrigues me. He is commonly perceived as the anti-hero yet he did everything like the real hero of a story. From being a suta putra to becoming the king of Angad and the realisation of his lineage -- that he is the eldest Pandava -- he bore all his curses with elan and roared like a lion on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. If it wasn't for the politics and manipulation, he would have remained unbeatable. Hence, it would have been a real challenge to get to play him. Also, some people think after Shiva, I'm an ideal Karna."

how he said what I feel about Karna!! πŸ˜²πŸ˜› .. ohh I just felt I love Mohit .. I mean I always love him for his talent n his godly good looks .. but now I am totally in love with him .. he loves my favorite mytho character n thinks alike yeee .. n yes he wud be perfect Karna 

PS: I rarely visit this site .. today I got so many gr8 posts in this forum .. loving it πŸ˜Š

panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
True said about Karna..

He is one the most tragic and the most righteous character i MahaBharat..

who never left any of his principles for winning...

Now I not only drool on you Mohit..I respect you and admire you...
Edited by panchaali - 10 years ago