Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viji79 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

They did it.  I am sure there are ways of getting around sand ๐Ÿ˜‰โ˜บ๏ธ

I am right with you too - so all the more abacharam๐Ÿ˜‰

Paal manam maaradha pacha kozhandha naan. See I don't even know about the ways.
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Viji79

Paal manam maaradha pacha kozhandha naan. See I don't even know about the ways.

Lol!  Saridhaan ๐Ÿ˜‰  I'll buy that for now๐Ÿ˜†
Sisbamboo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Res
Edit:
So glad to see that all is well with our favorite couple! I can completely understand Arnav's reluctance. He is a man who obsessively guards those he loves. Whenever Khushi is hurt, he is hurt also. It is Khushi's ever present perseverance and positivity that allows Arnav to overcome this fear. To a certain extent only. I can't imagine Arnav being relaxed throughout the pregnancy. 

Is am so excited for these two and can't wait to see where you take them next!
Edited by Sisbamboo1 - 10 years ago
henamani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
beautifully written piece. i read it all. reminds me of Appurs writings. 
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Oh a beautiful beginning! Wishing them Diwali every day! Fingers crossed!
Brilliantly written!โญ๏ธ
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
How have you been my favorite readers?๐Ÿค— 
I am back with the next update on Intezar ke pal... such mein yeh to mujhe bhi intezar karva raha hai.

A Quick Recap : Arnav and Khushi find themselves once again in Havelock, while the rest of the family have a wonderful time in Kerala at Iyer uncle and Kutti maami's farmhouse where they celebrate NK-Maya and Anjali-Ajay's tala deepavali(first Diwali for a newly wedded couple)

Buaji, Naani, Akash and Payal rejoice when they hear from Arnav and Khushi that they were returning back.  Their ruse had worked and All was well with Arnav and Khushi.

English version is posted right after this one.

Now, read on, hit like and comment my darlings.

Intezar ke Pal Kuch Khathe, Kuch Meethe 
Disclaimer: These pictures have been procured from public internet sources and have been used merely for illustrative purposes.  I do not own any rights to these.
Note: Do not copy.  My works are copyright protected. 

Part 11 

Sankadevi Returns

"I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you, all else melted away." 

Rumi

July 2014,

Shantivan, Delhi.

"Sirf Naye saal ki nahin balki humare zindagi ki naye hisse ki shuruvat mubarak ho Arnavji."

Arnav stirred and shifted, his eyes wide open at the sound emanating from the figure sleeping next to him.  "There she goes, dreaming aloud again," he murmered, propping up on his elbow and bending closer to decipher what Khushi was mumbling about.  A delighted smile spread on his lips, when he realized that she was dreaming about their Havelock trip, exactly as he had been. 

He had long since given up trying to explain the magical connection that Khushi and he seemed to share; being able to detect each other's presence when they were close to each other, communicating with their thoughts when far apart, and now having their dreams linked.  It seemed like when they spoke, was when they sometimes had a standoff.  And yet even then, somehow they seemed to be headed for the same goal no matter how much they argued with each other.

He slipped out of the bed after tucking the long body pillow partly under her belly to support its weight, just the way she liked it, and strolled over to the recliner where the Book of memories lay open.  He was yet to contribute his share of memories to the scrap book.  Sure, he had maintained a journal as a teenager, but had eventually abandoned it as yet another liability that weakened him and left him vulnerable for anyone that found it.   But that did not mean he did not have them.  Infact, his memories were etched for eternity and stored in the safest place possible, where no human could reach with out his permission, his heart and mind.  And now that sleep seemed to have evaporated, he might as pull out those precious moments and relive them in leisure, he decided, glancing at the clock face that indiciated it was three in the morning. 

"Last winter had to be the most interesting phase of the entire process, for I got to experience a new Khushi almost every single day, sometimes every other hour.  There was no saying what she would do.  It was like she had all these multiple Khushis living inside her that she would pull out at the drop of a hat...", mused Arnav Singh Raizada, reflecting back to the days that had followed their return from Havelock in early November.  Khushi had her monthly soon after their return to Delhi, their passion filled nights in Havelock not withstanding.  However, they were committed to the decision they had made in the Andamans - to start a family...  He merely had underestimated just how motivated Khushi could be.

November - December, 2013

New Delhi.

"Khushi... KHUSHI... KHU..." His words trailed as he heard the clattering footsteps come to a halt and his gaze fell on the tinkling silver bells that were still swinging on her anklets.  He quickly lifted his irritated chocolate eyes to meet his wife's placid hazel ones. 

"Kya baat hai Arnavji?" she enquired, one hand patting her chest reassuringly and the other still holding the ladle that she had been using to stir whatever it was  that she was cooking for dinner.

His expression rapidly turned to suspicion at her barely surprised countenance.  She had anticipated this, which meant that she probably had a hand in this.  Eyes narrowing dangerously, he demanded, "Ye tumhari hi harqat hai.  Right?"

"Kya Harqat Arnavji?" Khushi feigned trying to bide some time, part of her feeling sorry for his plight, for the weather was turning distinctly cold and a pre dinner soak in his hot tub was one of his favorite indulgences during winters, especially after a grueling workout.

"Khushi, this water is frikking cold."

"Cold nahin Arnavji, who kya kahte hain... luke-warm.  Haan luke warm." She replied, adding a flutter of eye lashes to placate him.

"Really!" he said between clenched teeth and before she could blink an eye he snaked out his arm, pulled her hand, plunged it into the tub, and planted it on his chest.

Khushi gasped at the sudden contact with the cold water and turned shocked eyes towards him.

Arnav pressed his lips into a thing line and lifted his eyebrows sardonically as if to say I told you so Khushi'.  He crossed his arms across his chest as she pushed herself up to kneel beside the tub, waiting for her to explain.

"Hume Mwaaf kardeejiye.  Hum nahin jaante te ki paani itne jaldi itna thandha ho jayega.  Sssorry." She said in a small voice, her face penitent.

"Hey, hey.  It's ok."  Arnav said straightening at the sight of the slight tremble of her lips and the expression on her face.  "Par kyon Khushi, Why?"

Khushi cleared her throat, her gaze faltering as an overwhelming self- consciousness engulfed her.  Stepping away from the tub, she looked at her husband's perplexed reflection in the mirror and setting her chin at an angle as if steeling her resolve, she said, "Humne internet pe pada ta ki, zyada garam paani mein nahaa ne se, nuksan hosakti hain."

"What the!  Nuksaan?  What are you saying?"  Blurted an utterly bewildred Arnav, who had stepped out of the tub and stood wrapping a towel around his waist.  It was getting curiouser and curiouser with every passing second.

Khushi turned quickly, her nose red as a cherry tomato as she replied in a rush of words," haan, haan nuksan.  Khaas kar aapke liye.  Woh bhi iss waqt, jab hum bacchon ki khoshish kar rahe hain.  Samje aap?" And before he could react, she fled out of the bathroom, down the stairs into the safe haven of the dining room.

Arnav stood speechless, as comprehension dawned.  His wife had been scouring the internet with a zeal that was second only to her ardent wish to be pregnant.  On one such day, she had read out aloud, unaware of his presence a few feet away, about how hot baths were detrimental to male fertility.  Shaking his head, he decided to dress and headed downstairs for dinner.  Little did he know there was more in store for him.

"Arnavji aap ke liye Khushi ne alagse thali banayi hai," said Payal genially, when Arnav made a move to pick the bowl of daal. 

"Ok." He said shrugging.

"But bhy?  Arnav bitwa hum questioniya rahe hain.  Ka tum bhimar ho?  Hello hai, bye, bye!" exclaimed maami with a wiggle of her powdered nose, partly affronted that she did not get to taste the special thali and partly curious as to why there was a need for one in the first place.

"Manorama, Kusi bitiya kahrahi thi ki, ee sab chotte ki swast ke liye hai.  Samje aap?  Agar humre bitwa ke bhi aap aisan khayal rakha hota, to shayad aapko aison bhy? kahne ki kauno jaroorat naahin hoti" came Devyani's prompt rejoinder, much to the chagrin of Manohar who pleaded mutely with his mom, while patting his Mano on her shoulder to placate her.

Arnav turned puzzled eyes towards Akash when he caught him exchange a secret smile with his wife.  Perplexed he questioned, "Akash, you seem to be in a good mood.  Anything I should know?"

"Nope. Nothing Bhai, it's just that lying ahead of you are just good days and ... " Akash trailed his reply at a sharp nudge from Payal.

"What the!" Arnav muttered under his breath wondering what was up, when Khushi waltzed in balancing an extra large thali in her hand that she set in front of him with a flourish.

"Bitiya tum naahin khaa rahi ho ka?" questioned mamaji

"Kyon nahin Mamaji.  Arnavji thodehi yeh sara khajayenge? Kyon Arnavji, mil bhaant ke kha sakte hain.  Hain na?" quipped Khushi oblivious to the astonished expression of the pariwar wale.

"Buaji correct kahe rahi, This eej return of Sankadevi, Hello hai, Bye, Bye" sang maami, while Arnav who was too famished to protest merely pushed the plate to wards her and dug into his first bite of roti.

One bite, and he fairly choked.  It was as if a tiny volcano had erupted in his mouth.  Quickly reaching for the glass of cold water to ease the flames in his mouth, he shot her a look of undiluted bewilderment.

The family who caught Arnav's glance and the resultant pout on Khushi's face, quickly gauged where this would lead and promptly made themselves scarce. 

"Khushi, What the ...  Are you trying to kill me? Iss mein itna sara garlic, aur daal itna theeka hai. "

"Arnavji, theeka khana accha hota hai aur lasoon to aapke liye faidemand hai." and Khushi went on to ramble about the beneficial effects of the various ingredients in the dishes, while Arnav looked on in disbelief. 

Somewhere in the middle of her nervous speech it dawned on him that this was yet another outcome of her research on boosting their chances of conception.  "Pagal" he muttered under his breath as his heart flooded with mushy warmth at the antics of his well meaning but eccentric little wife.  He silently picked the spoon he had dropped earlier and proceeded to gulp down the contents even as his mouth burned and eyes stung with tears, while his mind followed her animated explanation.

"Khushi must be asleep by now" he mused switching off the study light and stretching his arms up to ease the stiffness in his neck, as he made his way to the bedroom.  It had been an unexpected conference call with AR's newest business partners in America, and much as he would have liked to, he could not have left it to Aman to handle on his own. 

He skipped flicking on the light lest he woke up a sleeping Khushi and was gingerly feeling his way towards the bed when a flash of red by the pool caught his eye.  Drawing closer to the windows he pulled the drapes back fully to reveal Khushi sprawled elegantly on the pool chair. He walked over to sit by the chair next to her and took in her delicate figure clad in the red saree he had bought herfor her birthday, her arm thrown across her forehead left her parted pink lips in the spotlight, and her even gentle breathing indicated she was fast asleep. 

Clearly she had not dressed up just to sleep.  She must have slipped into slumber while waiting up for him.  With a sudden pang of guilt he bent down to pick her in his arms when she stirred and opened those soulful eyes of hers to his. With a lazy smile she wound her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips.  Before he could even recover from his stunned surprise, she moved and pushed against him, her curves pressing with an unprecedent urgency against his hard planes, deepening her kiss with a frenzy.  Her hands and lips were everywhere till the blood pounded in his head and the breath caught in his lungs.  His mind was fast beginning to shutdown when he sensed a subtle tension in her body.  Amidst the trembling need and hot desire lay a tenuous tension in her frame that was entirely new and it gave him the much needed anchor to regain his sanity.

Firmly but gently he grasped her hands, unwound them from his neck chuckling at her protesting moans.  This had to be yet another part of her elaborate antics today he decided in a flash.  He cupped her face and leaned his forehead against hers, fighting to bring his ragged breathing back to normalcy.  This woman had the power to set him up in flames with a mere glance.

To his dismay he heard a stifled sob and felt warm damp tears on his forearm.  He lifted her face up and looking deeply into her eyes asked, "Khushi what's the matter?  Tum theek ho?"

Khushi sniffled and swatting his restraining arm away  straightened in the lounge chair muttering, "Hum theek kaise honge Arnavji?  Hum yeh bhi theek se nahin karpaye"

"Yeh bhi kya?" he puzzled.

"Accha to aap ab humara mazaak udha rahe hain.  Aap ko kya laga, hum abhi kya kar rahe te?  Hum aapko ... sss..." she struggled a bit before spitting out the words " Hum aapko seduce kar rahe te aur bilkul haar gaye" 

She whirled around to look at him accusingly as he struggled to contain the gurgling laughter welling up in this throat.  Little did she know how much she had churned him mere seconds ago, and here she was calling herself a failure.  Despite his best efforts, his shoulders shook with mirth and Khushi rushed to him and shoved at his chest whilst tears of embarrassment ran down her cheeks,  "Chup ho jayi ye Arnavji.  Idar hum itna khoshish kar rahen hain, aur aapko to sirf mazaak sooj raha hai"

Arnav drew in a sharp breath and grasped her arms as she made contact against his chect for the third time, and pinned her against him, binding her in his steely arms till she stopped squiggling before he confessed in a husky voice that felt like velvet against her cheek, "Khushi, You have no idea how well you had succeeded in seducing me.  I was laughing that you could even consider yourself a failure when all you have to do is to look at me to make me burn for you.  Just like you did, moments ago."

She raised stunned eyes to his, and smiled in pleasure when he looked deeply into hers and nodded.  "Phir aapne kyon rok diya Arnavji?" she demanded petulantly.  Arnav sighed and loosened his hold on her.  Grasping her hand he led her back to the chair and continued

"Khushi, pahle tum batao.  What's going on?  Yeh tumhare swami act ki season two hai yah phir return of Sankadevi?  What's with the cold water in my tub, extra spicy and garlicky food, and now, this Bollywood style seduction... yeh tum kya kar rahi ho?" 

Khushi sighed, "Arnavji, hum nahin jaante hum kya kar rahe hain.  Jabse Havelock se laute hain, aur humara pregnancy test negative nikla, tab se humare sir pe junoon sa chad gaya hai, aur hum koi bhi mauka gavana nahin chahte hain bas.  Maaf keejiye hum ne appko bahuthi theeka khana khiladiya" she ended, laying her head on his shoulder.

Arnav smiled indulgently as he stroked her silky hair.  "Khushi, relax, have some faith in yourself and me.  Hum dono young hain, aur ek doosre se behad pyar karte hain.  You just need to relax.  Tum ne poocha ki, main kyon rukh gaya.  Main issliye rukh gaya kyon ki main tumhare body mein ek ajeeb sa tension sense kiya ta, jo aaj se pahle kabhi nahin ta.  Mere liye, finishing what you started would have been the most natural thing.  But Khushi I care for you beyond this.  Tumne apne style mein sab kuch try karliya, now listen to me will you?"

Khushi nodded like a little girl eager to make amends.  Arnav smiled yet again as the incongruity of his role stuck him.  Here he was, about to initiate his loquacious wife into the art of conversation and connecting intimately with loving gestures that did not need to culminate in bed.

"To mere saat baito, aur baaten karo.  Tell me what else were you upto besides scouring the internet in search of a hundred and one ways to torture your laad governor" he smirked. 

Khushi chuckled and snuggled next to him.  Handing him the glass of milk with honey, she said, "pahle aap yeh doodh peelijiye.  Khaana such mein bahut theeka tha.  Isme shahad hai par..."

"Par yeh mere sehat ke liye accha hai.  Khaas kar ab, kyon ki internet ne tumhe bataya hoga ki yeh bhi ek aphrodisiac hain.  Kyon?" he teased, raising his brow and giving her one of his sexy lopsided smiles.

Khushi punched his hand playfully and reached for the cup of tea that he held out to her, when he paused and pulled his arm back slightly.  In response to her questioning gaze, he said, "Khushi yeh kaisa logic hai, that tum ne mera shaam ka black coffe band kardiya, bachon ke kwayish mein, par khud chai pee rahi ho.  This isn't fair."

"Arnavji..." wailed Khushi with a beseeching look in her eyes, while he threw his head back in laughter and handing her the cup, drew her closer to him as they leaned back in the chair and gazed at the heavens. 

They made conversation, long into the night, one sipping his honeyed milk and the other her milky tea, all tense thoughts and anxiety melting, as the steady fire of love replaced the quick flash of passion that had simmered moments ago between them, enveloping them in its cozy warmth as they forged deep rooted connections with each other under the starlit night.

Edited by ForLoveofBarun - 9 years ago
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail

How have you been my favorite readers?  

I am back with the next update on Intezar ke pal... such mein yeh to mujhe bhi intezar karva raha hai.

A Quick Recap : Arnav and Khushi find themselves once again in Havelock, while the rest of the family have a wonderful time in Kerala at Iyer uncle and Kutti maami's farmhouse where they celebrate NK-Maya and Anjali-Ajay's tala deepavali(first Diwali for a newly wedded couple)

Buaji, Naani, Akash and Payal rejoice when they hear from Arnav and Khushi that they were returning back.  Their ruse had worked and All was well with Arnav and Khushi.

Now, read on, hit like and comment my darlings.

Intezar ke Pal Kuch Khathe, Kuch Meethe(English)  

Disclaimer: These pictures have been procured from public internet sources and have been used merely for illustrative purposes.  I do not own any rights to these.

Note: Do not copy.  My works are copyright protected. 

Part 11 

Sankadevi Returns

"I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you, all else melted away." 

Rumi

July 2014,

Shantivan, Delhi.

"Not just a Happy New Year, but a happy new beginning to a fresh new chapter in our lives Arnavji."

Arnav stirred and shifted, his eyes wide open at the sound emanating from the figure sleeping next to him.  "There she goes, dreaming aloud again," he murmered, propping up on his elbow and bending closer to decipher what Khushi was mumbling about.  A delighted smile spread on his lips, when he realized that she was dreaming about their Havelock trip, exactly as he had been. 

He had long since given up trying to explain the magical connection that Khushi and he seemed to share; being able to detect each other's presence when they were close to each other, communicating with their thoughts when far apart, and now having their dreams linked.  It seemed like when they spoke, was when they sometimes had a standoff.  And yet even then, somehow they seemed to be headed for the same goal no matter how much they argued with each other.

He slipped out of the bed after tucking the long body pillow partly under her belly to support its weight, just the way she like it, and strolled over to the recliner where the Book of memories lay open.  He was yet to contribute his share of memories to the scrap book.  Sure, he had maintained a journal as a teenager, but had eventually abandoned it as yet another liability that weakened him and left him vulnerable to anyone that found it.   But that did not mean he did not have them.  Infact, his memories were etched for eternity and stored in the safest place possible, where no human could reach with out his permission, his heart and mind.  And now that sleep seemed to have evaporated, he might as pull out those precious moments and relive them in leisure, he decided, glancing at the clock face that indiciated it was three in the morning. 

"Last winter had to be the most interesting phase of the entire process, for I got to experience a new Khushi almost every single day, sometimes every other hour.  There was no saying what she would do.  It was like she had all these multiple Khushis living inside her that she would pull out at the drop of a hat...", mused Arnav Singh Raizada, reflecting back to the days that had followed their return from Havelock in early November.  Khushi had had her monthly soon after their return to Delhi, their passion filled nights in Havelock not withstanding.  However, they were committed to the decision they had made in the Andamans - to start a family...  He merely had underestimated just how motivated Khushi could be.

November - December, 2013

New Delhi.

"Khushi... KHUSHI... KHU..." His words trailed as he heard the clattering footsteps come to a halt and his gaze fell on the tinkling silver bells that were still swinging on her anklets.  He quickly lifted his irritated chocolate eyes to meet his wife's placid hazel ones. 

"What's the matter Arnavji?" she enquired, one hand patting her chest reassuringly and the other still holding the ladle that she had been using to stir whatever it was  that she was cooking for dinner.

His expression rapidly turned to suspicion at her barely surprised countenance.  She had anticipated this, which meant that she probably had a hand in this.  Eyes narrowing dangerously, he demanded, "This is your doing?  Right?"

"What's my doing, Arnavji?" Khushi feigned trying to bide some time, part of her feeling sorry for his plight, for the weather was turning distinctly cold and a pre dinner soak in his hot tub was one of his favorite indulgences during winters, especially after a grueling workout.

"Khushi, this water is frikking cold."

"It's not cold Arnavji but, what do you call it... luke-warm.  Yes.  It's luke warm." She replied, adding a flutter of eye lashes to placate him.

"Really!" he said between clenched teeth and before she could blink an eye he snaked out his arm, pulled her hand, plunged it into the tub, and planted it on his chest.

Khushi gasped at the sudden contact with the cold water and turned shocked eyes towards him.

Arnav pressed his lips together into a thing line and lifted his eyebrows sardonically as if to say I told you so Khushi'.  He crossed his arms across his chest as she pushed herself up to kneel beside the tub, waiting for her to explain.

"Pardon me Arnavji.  I had no idea that the water would cool this rapidly.  Sssorry." She said in a small voice, her face penitent.

"Hey, hey.  It's ok."  Arnav said straightening at the sight of the slight tremble of her lips and the expression on her face.  "But why Khushi, Why?"

Khushi cleared her throat, her gaze faltering as an overwhelming self- consciousness engulfed her.  Stepping away from the tub, she looked at her husband's perplexed reflection in the mirror and setting her chin at an angle as if steeling her resolve, she said, "I had read on the internet that long baths in hot water will harm you."

"What the!  Harm me?  What are you saying?"  Blurted an utterly bewildred Arnav, who had stepped out of the tub and stood wrapping a towel around his waist.  It was getting curiouser and curiouser with every passing second.

Khushi turned quickly, her nose red as a cherry tomato as she replied in a rush of words," yes, harm you.  Especially now, when we are trying to conceive.  Now do you understand what I am saying?" And before he could react, she fled out of the bathroom, down the stairs into the safe haven of the dining room.

Arnav stood speechless, as comprehension dawned.  His wife had been scouring the internet with a zeal that was second only to her ardent wish to be pregnant.  On one such day, she had read out aloud, unaware of his presence a few feet away, about how hot baths were detrimental to male fertility.  Shaking his head, he decided to dress and headed downstairs for dinner.  Little did he know there was more in store for him.

"Arnavji, Khushi has put together a special dinner thali(plate) for you ," said Payal genially, when Arnav made a move to pick the bowl of daal. 

"Ok." He said shrugging.

"But bhy?  Arnav bitwa eej my kostin.  Are you seekh?  Hello hai, bye, bye!" exclaimed maami with a twist of her powdered nose, partly affronted that she did not get to taste the special thali and partly curious as to why there was a need for one in the first place.

"Manorama, Kusi bitiya is taking this special effort because she cares for chotte's wellbeing and good health.  Do you understand?  Had you spent some time taking care of my son in this manner, you would not be wondering Bhy? Right now," came Devyani's prompt rejoinder, much to the chagrin of Manohar who pleaded mutely with his mom, while patting his Mano on her shoulder to placate her.

Arnav turned puzzled eyes towards Akash when he caught him exchange a secret smile with his wife.  Perplexed he questioned, "Akash, you seem to be in a good mood.  Anything I should know?"

"Nope. Nothing Bhai, it's just that lying ahead of you are just good days and ... " Akash trailed his reply at a sharp nudge from Payal.

"What the!" Arnav  muttered under his breath wondering what was up, when Khushi waltzed in balancing an extra large thali in her hand that she set in front of him with a flourish.

"Are you not going to eat my child?" questioned mamaji

"Why not Mamaji.  Arnavji will not be able to finish all this on his own now, will he? Arnavji, you are not averse to sharing are you?" quipped Khushi oblivious to the astonished expression of the pariwar wale.

"Buaji was right, This eej return of Sankadevi, Hello hai, Bye, Bye" sang maami, while Arnav who was too famished to protest merely pushed the plate to wards her and dug into his first bite of roti.

One bite, and he fairly choked.  It was as if a tiny volcano had erupted in his mouth.  Quickly reaching for the glass of cold water to ease the flames in his mouth, he shot her a look of undiluted bewilderment.

The family who caught Arnav's glance and the resultant pout on Khushi's face, quickly gauged where this would lead and promptly made themselves scarce. 

"Khushi, What the ...  Are you trying to kill me? This has nothing but garlic and tonnes of chilli pepper in it. "

"Arnavji, chilli peppers are a boost to your system and garlic has numerous proven benefits." and Khushi went on to ramble about the beneficial effects of the various ingredients in the dishes, while Arnav looked on in disbelief. 

Somewhere in the middle of her nervous speech it dawned on him that this was yet another outcome of her research on boosting their chances of conception.  "Crazy girl" he muttered under his breath as his heart flooded with mushy warmth at the antics of his well meaning but eccentric little wife.  He silently picked the spoon he had dropped earlier and proceeded to gulp down the contents even as his mouth burned and eyes stung with tears, while his mind followed her animated explanation.

"Khushi must be asleep by now" he mused switching off the study light and stretching his arms up to ease the stiffness in his neck, as he made his way to their bedroom.  It had been an unexpected conference call with AR's newest business partners in America, and much as he would have liked to, he could not have left it to Aman to handle on his own. 

He skipped flicking on the light lest he woke up a sleeping Khushi and was gingerly feeling his way towards the bed when a flash of red by the pool caught his eye.  Drawing closer to the windows he pulled the drapes back fully to reveal Khushi sprawled elegantly on the pool chair. He walked over to sit by the chair next to her and took in her delicate figure clad in the red saree he had bought her for her birthday, her arm thrown across her forehead left her parted pink lips in the spotlight, and her even gentle breathing indicated she was fast asleep. 

Clearly she had not dressed up just to sleep.  She must have slipped into slumber while waiting up for him.  With a sudden pang of guilt he bent down to pick her in his arms when she stirred and opened those soulful eyes of hers to his. With a lazy smile she wound her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips.  Before he could even recover from his stunned surprise, she moved and pushed against him, her curves pressing with an unprecedent urgency against his hard planes, deepening her kiss with a frenzy.  Her hands and lips were everywhere till the blood pounded in his head and the breath caught in his lungs.  His mind was fast beginning to shutdown when he sensed a subtle tension in her body.  Amidst the trembling need and hot desire lay a tenuous tension in her frame that was entirely new and it gave him the much needed anchor to regain his sanity.

Firmly but gently he grasped her hands, unwound them from his neck, chuckling at her protesting moans.  This had to be yet another part of her elaborate antics today he decided in a flash.  He cupped her face and leaned his forehead against hers, fighting to bring his ragged breathing back to normalcy.  This woman had the power to set him up in flames with a mere glance.

To his dismay he heard a stifled sob and felt warm damp tears on his forearm.  He lifted her face up and looking deeply into her eyes asked, "Khushi what's the matter?  Are you ok?"

Khushi sniffled and swatting his restraining arm away, straightened in the lounge chair muttering, "How do you expect me to be ok Arnavji?  I could not even manage to do this properly."

"Even this?  What were you trying to do?" he puzzled.

"So now you add insult to injury by feigning incomprehension.  Are you?  See, the fact that I have to explain what I was trying to do means that I failed. Failed miserably in ... sss..." she struggled a bit before spitting out the words " I failed miserably in my attempt to seduce you." 

She whirled around to look at him accusingly as he struggled to contain the gurgling laughter welling up in this throat.  Little did she know how much she had churned him mere seconds ago, and here she was calling herself a failure.  Despite his best efforts, his shoulders shook with mirth and Khushi rushed to him and shoved at his chest whilst tears of embarrassment ran down her cheeks,  "Oh! be quiet Arnavji.  Here I am trying in earnest and all you seem to be intent on is making fun of me."  

Arnav drew in a sharp breath and grasped her arms as she made contact against his chest for the third time, and pinned her against him, binding her in his steely arms till she stopped squiggling before he confessed in a husky voice that felt like velvet against her cheek, "Khushi, You have no idea how well you had succeeded in seducing me.  I was laughing that you could even consider yourself a failure when all you have to do is to look at me to make me burn for you.  Just like you did moments ago."

She raised stunned eyes to his, and smiled in pleasure when he looked deeply into hers and nodded.  "Then why did you stop Arnavji?" she demanded petulantly.  Arnav sighed and loosened his hold on her.  Grasping her hand he led her back to the chair and continued

"Khushi, first, I want to hear you tell me what's going on?  Is this season two of your swami act or is it the return of Sankadevi?  What's with the cold water in my tub, extra spicy and garlicky food, and now, this Bollywood style seduction... What and why are you doing all this?  What's the matter with you?" 

Khushi sighed, "Arnavji, I have no idea any more what I am doing.  Ever since we returned from Havelock, I hoped I would miss my period, and since I have not, my every waking second is consumed by thoughts of maximizing our chances of conceiving.  I am so sorry, for subjecting you to eat such spicy food" she ended, laying her head on his shoulder.

Arnav smiled indulgently as he stroked her silky hair.  "Khushi, relax, have some faith in you and me.  We are both young, healthy and in love.  You just need to relax.  You wondered why I stopped.  I stopped because I sensed your tension vibrate through your body.  You were too tensed and wound up, something you have never been in my arms before.  To finish what you started would have been the most natural and pleasurable thing for me.  But Khushi I care for you beyond this.  You have tried things your way, now listen to me will you?"

Khushi nodded like a little girl eager to make amends.  Arnav smiled yet again as the incongruity of his role stuck him.  Here he was, about to initiate his loquacious wife into the art of conversation and connecting intimately with loving gestures that did not need to culminate in bed.

"Sit with me a while and let us talk.  Tell me what else were you upto besides scouring the internet in search of a hundred and one ways to torture your laad governor," he smirked. 

Khushi chuckled and snuggled next to him.  Handing him the glass of milk with honey, she said, "I think you should drink this.  The food must have scorched your tongue.  This milk with honey will not only soothe your mouth but is also..."

"Is also beneficial for me.  Especially now, since the internet has undoubtedly revealed to you that it happens to be an aphrodisiac.  Right Khushi?" he teased, raising his brow and giving her one of his sexy lopsided smiles.

Khushi punched his hand playfully and reached for the cup of tea that he held out to her, when he paused and pulled his arm back slightly.  In response to her questioning gaze, he said, "Khushi what kind of twisted logic is this that you cut me off from my evening dose of black coffee in your pursuit of babies, and yet you drink your nightly cup of tea.  This isn't fair."

"Arnavji..." wailed Khushi with a beseeching look in her eyes, while he threw his head back in laughter, and handing her the cup, drew her closer to him as they leaned back in the chair and gazed at the heavens. 

They made conversation long into the night, one sipping his honeyed milk and the other her milky tea, all tense thoughts and anxiety melting as the steady fire of love replaced the quick flash of passion that had simmered moments ago between them, enveloping them in its cozy warmth as they forged deep rooted connections with each other under the starlit night.

chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Sanka devi at her best
No really
He is right they gotta relax
Only then are chances better of conceiving
After all being stressed and worried reduces chance
But she didn't think about that
Boy did she try a lot
Poor arnav
Well he did it for her
How can he not
But it was funny
Made him eat take cold bath 
All to get pregnant
Like he said do it if you wanna
Not because you think this will get you to be pregnant
No need to hurry
So his side of memories too so cute
Cheers for pm
Edited by chavvi16 - 9 years ago
ForLoveofBarun thumbnail
Part 11 English and Hinglish versions updated 
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Oh oh oh REZZZ

Unres
Sorry sorry sorry for being late...๐Ÿ˜•

What do I say? I LOVED the return of Sanka devi of course. I ROLFed at Khushi's attempt to teach Arnav that high temperature affects spermatogenesis ๐Ÿคฃ Although i really doubt that Arnavji's fertility would be affected by mere temperature. If anything, his stress level at living a khadoos for 14-15 years may have contributed more ๐Ÿ˜† So I say, what he needed was a daily dose of Sanka Devi to cool his stress level...

I really loved the dream connection that you conjure up in your stories. You have used this once before haven't you, I only don't remember where... And the PM you sent me today, I repeat that was a FABULOUS IDEA. If they can feel each other's presence, and feel if the other is in takleef, why not dreams?? Good idea, one i have not much read in other FFs.

Really enjoyed Khushi's attempts... Even more loved Arnav's way of taking them, as an understanding, loving husband...That last scene made a pretty picture, them talking peacefully in the poolside...

Now I am waiting to hear the khushi khabri... Please Indu, update soon... ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Love Ya!
Edited by aruni50218 - 9 years ago