CID Forum Thumbnail CID

Salil Ankola in Karam Apna Apna

iss3 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

LETS' TALK ABOUT

SHE says she's a true-blue Maharashtrian girl who grew up watching ''not much'' television but working in ''loads of Marathi serials, ad films and theatre.'' Still, Pallavi Subhash's name and face doesn't ring even a tinkle bell, leave alone a resounding one! But, from what we are told, she's prime-time's new girl and drama queen - Ekta Kapoor's new find. Currently shooting for her new show Karam Apna Apna (which will replace the popular Kkavyanjali on Star Plus in the 9:30 pm slot) in Kolkata, Pallavi and fellow actor and former cricketer Salil Ankola took out time for a five-city video conferencing. Here are some bytes. ''While I have done many Marathi serials, I debuted with Zee's Tumhari Disha,'' mentions Subhash who says it was a 30-second clip that Ekta Kapoor saw that had her impressed. ''She just saw a short clipping and remarked, 'that's my girl','' smiles the lady, clearly riding high on her new found status. Ask her where she sees herself in the lineup of the likes of Tulsi and Parvati and Subhash answers in true Balaji style - ''I would hate to compare myself to Tulsiji and Parvatiji. I'll just try and do my best.'' And joining in her new role is cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola who'll be seen playing mean. ''Yes, after CID Special Bureau and Kehta Hai Dil this is my new show. It's also one where I am playing a negative character for the first time,'' mentions the actor who is sticking to his mantra of one project at a time. And as far as ties with the cricketing world goes, Ankola is, as he says, ''in touch with friends.'' And we hear he's rounded up actors who have a passion for the pitch and are set to form a team. ''Yes, I have friends in the industry like Shabbir Ahluwalia, Vikas Shetty, Manav Ghosh and we are trying to put together a team,'' informs Ankola. Till then, you'll have to do with all the action on screen.

Karam Apna Apna kicks-off this August 29th on Star Plus.

Edited by iss3 - 17 years ago