Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heavens_Kiss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
@bila thanks I saw it! 1358. Considering the show at 6:30 has ratings of 2151 and that has been here for longer it is not bad at all. Though I thought it may have at least crossed 2000. Looks like the slot is not ideal for viewers to catch it live. Something for SP to think abt now. If some of their prime time shows are just getting 3000 viewers which I have seen, the channel should think of re-strategizing . Some people think coz it doesn't have competition! Oh it should do well. But competition is good giving shows a fair chance.
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Hopeee they think about the timeslot
khanrocks thumbnail
This,already has a fanbase
sonia871 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Heavens_Kiss

@bila thanks I saw it! 1358. Considering the show at 6:30 has ratings of 2151 and that has been here for longer it is not bad at all. Though I thought it may have at least crossed 2000. Looks like the slot is not ideal for viewers to catch it live. Something for SP to think abt now. If some of their prime time shows are just getting 3000 viewers which I have seen, the channel should think of re-strategizing . Some people think coz it doesn't have competition! Oh it should do well. But competition is good giving shows a fair chance.

ek ghar banuga in its first week gets same ratings,then it picked,,,hope it works for us also...
Winters are also coming so may people tune to watch it more...
sparklingeyes thumbnail
yes guys plzzz call star plus nd mail them as well..,nd tell them that u love this show and are looking forward for Shlok nd Aastha story...nd want to request u to change the fresh telecast time slot nd shhift it to 7pm or later or atleast give it a good repeat telecast time at 11pm or 11:30pm as 1am is very late...,nd the show have potential to become hit

star plus no. 180030007827
khanrocks thumbnail
Season 1 didn't at the start
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Billa, good points.
Everyone should relax.  I am sure that the channel is aware that they are putting an interesting show (with negative publicity) at an extreme non-prime slot and so initial ratings will not be huge.  I think they are counting some on negativity publicity,  popular cast, and story/content to make it a competitive slot.  Avi's first show was a huge hit and changed 7:30 p.m. slot from non-prime to prime.  SP's Saathiya did the same for 7:00.  Since SP is one of the channels that does experiment more than others, it is trying to do the same for 6:00 p.m. slot.  

Also, there are many shows that have a slow start, but go to become hits because word of mouth.  Not trying to compare shows and just using an example to demonstrate my point.  Veera is at 10:30 p.m. slot - not as bad as 6:00 p.m, but not a great time slot.  Started with very low ratings as there are no known actors and story was quite different.  But word of mouth made it a hit where it was getting 3+ ratings for weeks, still gets 2.3-2.5 after a year and is the top show in its slot.  

So as long as the channel/PH do not give in to temptation to go for short-term ratings and start changing story/characterization, it should be all fine.  
Heavens_Kiss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
@Angie That's a good point. SP is trying to create for 6:00 pm what others shows create on prime time . But I think they have to be realistic as well. If even after a month the TRP's don't pick up( which I'm hoping they will) they may need to do some shuffling. And yes! SP knows what their doing. They know that this slot can't give u path breaking TRP's but they are trying to do things different. Dunno if it will work though.
radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Bila great thread and lot of informative comments too by other postees. Dont recall your post on these links re my convo with SP on the timeslot issue. I may have come out a bit strong, but not rude at all, (not my styleπŸ˜†) even though some may construe it to be so. I guess it was written more passionately than any thing else, concernedly.

If you can comment on it and may be next line of convo may actually help because the 1st link covers lot of ground incl switching it with Mahabharat timeslot. IMO, the timeslot issue has to do with time or how fast this issue is brought to their attention, than about trp. And who knows primetime may and will garner higher trps.

Originally posted by: bila_a

so as all of you probably know now, the TVT came out and it was low and many were disappointed. i know we want this show to do well. but it seems most of you are acting like its been on for ages but it hasnt. it so new and its just been 1 week. its ok to be disappointed but take into consideration that there was a lot of things against the show, the time, the name, the negative publicity from the season 1 fans, lack of promotion and yet it still did quite well despite all that as it is impressing a lot of people. 

now ive been watching hindi serials for a while. like with many youth based romantic serials they always have a slow start in the beginning. but gain momentum as weeks pass by and months. its almost always the case. the most popular shows turned out to be the ones with least trp/TVT when you look at the past internationally and of course star plus takes notice of that. also make sure guys to email star plus and phone them about the time and name. be vocal but dont be rude about it. and most importantly support the show πŸ‘πŸΌ 
heres the email. dont have the number, if anyone has it feel free to post πŸ˜Š

update

Edited by radev24 - 10 years ago
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I'm thinking same with Angie...they want to b the popular channel on 6pm slot too...or else this serial is much better than many of the serials that cme n went on SP...bt they were at better time slots...cz story was old...sp know what they'r  doing...bt i still want the time slot to change to at least 8pm