Poll Question :

Of the Khans, my favourite is:

Poll Choice
Shahrukh Khan
Salman Khan
Amir Khan
Hell with the three! KRK Khan is my beloved!
Login To Vote
Posted: 10 years ago

So many topics and articles on the three great Khans of our era. 😲

Salman Khan's fans vouch for him for his immense good looks, charisma and that adorable little boy oozing out of a masculine, manly body! Amir Khan's fans swear by his acting skills and 'thinking cinema' that he periodically comes up with.

And then ofcourse there is great Shahrukh, the romance King who has always remained confined within his parameters of set mannerisms and yet kept surprising his fans and critics alike by periodically coming up with unexpected themes and ideas in his various films from time to time.

An answer to how posterity would judge the three Khans, could very well be found in years gone by and if we ponder upon how, mega stars and super actors of generations gone by fared at their peak and in their posterity.😊

It is not exactly an apt comparison as 30-40 years back, India had a generation of fans who 'actually believed' in whatever they were being offered on the silver screen, genuinely cried when their hero-heroines went through pain, tossed coins and whistles at screen when the baddies like Pran, Ajit, Prem Chopra got thrashed for their evil deeds and rejoiced in happiness, whenever their hero rescued his sister from baddies or against all odds, succeeded in marrying his beloved sweetheart!

Today's fans, in sharp contrast, watch a movie fully aware that whatever they are watching on screen is courtesy special effects / scripts and business calculations and yet, appreciate / lambast the movie they just watched, depending upon their well-considered opinion of the movie.

And yet, there are striking similarities!

Rajesh Khanna was a huge mega star during those 5-6 years of super stardom, when he mesmerized the cine generation of 1970s. Not just the actress he was wooing on screen, he successfully romanced any girl sitting in cinema hall, watching his set mannerisms; eyes closed, tilt of head, mischievous smile on lips as he uttered his romantic lines, brilliant use of those twinkling-sparkling eyes, not a hair out of place.

King Khanna like King Khan of today, could make any female heart swoon for him! One look at the work of Rajesh Khanna and one can't help but admire his guts for consciously trying, not to be a prisoner of a set type of films, but do daringly different roles in films like Bawarchi, Anand, Namak Haram, Raaz, Baharon Ke Sapne, Ittefaq, Khamoshi etc.πŸ‘

Just like Shahrukh Khan, Rajesh Khanna had certain set mannerisms that swept his fans off their feet each time he executed them on screen! Jut as Kaka's, the voice modulation and way of dialogue delivery of Shahrukh has always remained the same, whether he as a ruthless Ajay in "Baazigar", as supreme Sacrificing Veer of 'Veer-Zara',  as a Hockey coach with a deep scar of humiliation in his heart in 'Chak De India'  or as a bomb diffusion expert of 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan'!

Just as Rajesh Khanna retained his adored way of dialogue delivery, use of hands and eyes and over all style in almost every movie that he came up with, SRK too holds on to his distinct mannerisms in every single movie of his.😊

Just today morning, I was watching Shahrukh, in his critically acclaimed 'Chak De India' on a Russian TV Channel and couldn't help but wonder whether this is the film he would be admired for twenty years down the line!πŸ‘πŸΌ Wonderful performance and a landmark movie.

From very early in his carer, Shahrukh has displayed his deep desire to be recognized as an actor and that's what has made him do unconventional movies with directors like Ketan Mehta, Kundan Shah, Azeez Mirza, Abbas Mastan, Mahesh Bhatt, Ashutosh Gowarikar, Yash Chopra etc. Just as Kaka did years ago!πŸ‘

Salman Khan is an enigma and most unconventional of all times perhaps. πŸ€”

Here is one mega-star who by no stretch of imagination can be termed a great actor and makes no pretensions about it too. A casual look at his work of last two decades, is ample testimony of that.

Blessed with incredibly good looks, here is a man who precisely understands what his strengths are-"Charisma, Good Looks & Certain Styles that click with his huge fan base, each time he executes them."

Disappointment with Salman Khan is precisely for the very reason, why one admires him!πŸ˜•

Look at any leading actor, be it male or female. After getting a firm toehold in industry, almost every actor worth his / her salt, has craved for recognition as an 'Actor' and not just as a star!

That's is the precise reason why even a Raveena Tondon ends up begging for and doing critically acclaimed roles as in 'Shool', 'Soch' "Jaago' or "Daman', Kareena doing a Chameli' or Omkara' or Heroine', or "Satyagraha", Priyanka doing "Fashion", "Saat Khoon Maaf' or Barfi'! Hell, even a glam doll like Katrina trying to get that elusive recognition by attempting films like 'Raajneeti'!

Salman, one suspects has vowed to himself that he would continue to stick to his own brand of cinema and that is of an extremely good looking man wooing his audience with his cute-clownish acts where many jokes are on himself and a few more on baddies!

In Salman cinema, you laugh without thinking for a couple of hours and come out of multiplex, humming for a few days in your bathroom, ''Main karoon toh saala, character dheela hai", till the next dish comes your way from Sallu stable!πŸ˜†

Prakash Jha has made even so called non-actors like Arjun Rampal or Katrina Kaif, make audiences sit up and take notice of their work. Ajay Devgan would always be remembered for and be repeatedly watched for his memorable performances in Jha's classics like "Rajeeneeti', Apharan', "GangaJal' etc.

Surely if Katrina Kaif's PR team can successfully persuade Jha to cast her in his film, all it would take for Salman is one personal call to Jha or a Raju Hirani and surely they would cast him in one or series of their works.

But somewhere along the line, it does seem Salman fully backs himself to keep delivering on hits after hits the way he has been doing and gives a damn to the so called meaningful' cinema. He will continue to remain a mega-star for few more years and then keep doing occasional stylish dad and uncle roles one suspects. He clearly doesn't give a damn about attempting what we term as meaningful-meatier roles!😊

Amir ofcourse is a legend. Of the three Khans, perhaps he is the one who has attained that most elusive balance between meaningful cinema and big commercial success. πŸ‘

In Box office terms, Salman and Shahrukh may have a bigger commercial appeal when it comes to opening shows of a movie, but it is Amir's shrewd cinematic judgment and ability to precisely come up with cinema that makes you grudgingly admire him, that sets him apart.πŸ‘πŸΌ

Almost every time, one watches a new Amir movie, one starts with a scorn on face and pretty strong conviction that he is going to fail this time and yet, the man invariably makes you a fan by the time the movie is getting over. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Not as versatile as legendary Sanjeev Kumar of yesteryear, but he is like Sanjeev in some ways. Never huge stars, both would make you admire their work with their skills and excellent understanding of Cinematic brilliance.

Sanjeev was an actor par excellence and that is why one can cite any number of mediocre movies that he worked in and yet, not one where his own performance was mediocre! Amir is very similar on that score.πŸ˜›

Amir is a very competent actor and yet, definitely nowhere close to Sanjeev Kumar, when it comes to versatility and reaching histrionic heights. Yet it is Amir that's closest to Sanjeev and astonishingly, the one who has managed to find that ideal blend between good cinema and commercial success.

Twenty years down the line, it would be movies like Taarey Zameen Par', 3 Idiots' Lagaan', "Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar', "Rang De Basanti', Amir would be remembered for and many of his movies would qualify as timeless classics.

Just as Sanjeev is remembered for his timeless classics like 'Aandhi', 'Mausam', 'Koshish', 'Parichay', 'Sholay', 'Trishul', 'Angoor' etc.πŸ‘

Those of you who know me well, understand that my interest is only in observing unique behavioral traits, accents, mannerisms and style of any one I take care to observe, be it the three Khans or a Bigg Boss house's caged contestant, and highlight the same!

Every individual is unique and so are the three Khans who have entertained us for years now!

Come to think of it, they do not compete against one another, but jealously cling on to their own respective turfs, which are their territory, comprising of their own fan bases.

May the three continue to regale us for as long as they can continue to do so! Surely no one is complaining!πŸ˜›

For those who missed, here is my take on what would happen, were the three to bump into one another in a Bollywood PartyπŸ˜›:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3091663

For Fun posts in Bollywood section, do check out these links πŸ˜›:

1.      The Real Dirty Pictures- Tere Waaste Maine-

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3118195

2.      Chummi Hashmi, Khujli Bhatt, Funny Leone & Turkey!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3098943

3.      Himesh Reshammiya & Lata Mangeshkar

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3213899

4.      Koffee with Karan-Asin Thottu-KAMAAL & KAMAAL

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3100365

5.      BARFI---So much like real life--Fun take on BARFI

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3229516

6.      Tum Sabke Naam--Hum Ne Kiya Hai---Jeevan Apna---

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3095107

7.      A Bollywood Party-Inside story!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3091663

8.      Gangs of Bollywood Khans-O SALMANIYA-HO SALMANIYA

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3142944

9.      Gangs of Bollywood Khans- I am SRK & Whole World--

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3218753

10.  Tujh mein BUTT Dikhta hai-Yara Main Kya Karoon? :(

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3097357

11.  Bhojpuri Re-makes of Holly-Bolly Films!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3093744

12.  Mat Gira Re...Zameen Par...(18+ Please)

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3090264

Edited by -Cruiser- - 10 years ago
I admire Aamir for his movies, as an actor and also as a producer...End of 

It's his movie that made me huge fan of his 

It doesn't mean I hate srk and Salman, Infact I like both of them 
Edited by DAKDAK - 10 years ago
Like AamirKhan.Really admire him.He is grown up as an actor and matured as  human being.
He is more versatile than others.
😊😊😊😊
of the 3...Aamir khan..has remained my fave and m sure will continue to be so !!
SRK had a lot of appeal when he started...but somehow for me...when he n KJO started working together...n SRK got all glammed up..thats when it killed me...and SRK was no more the fun he used to be !!
Else talent wise..SRK was no less than aamir when both started off!!
But lambi race mein..aamir is the guy!!⭐️
Bang on analysis!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Can u guess which khan I clicked on?πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by khamosshhh

Bang on analysis!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Can u guess which khan I clicked on?πŸ˜‰

Thanks Munns!😊

Amir K ofcourse! πŸ˜›

Clearly Aamir is the winner here. I wonder how did Salman even manage to stay on topπŸ˜• SRK has skills other than acting so he managed nicely too πŸ˜‰
and u people say aamir has the least fans on IFπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Originally posted by -Cruiser-

Thanks Munns!😊

Amir K ofcourse! πŸ˜›

Gotcha!πŸ˜†

No I voted for Salman...I wouldn't exactly call him my fav, but der's something appealing and charismatic abt Salman tht is hard to ignore. But the funny part is I haven't watched any of his 100/0200 crore movies and I always watch most of Aamir khan movies and tht too usually more than once.πŸ˜† SRK was once upon a time my fav, but now I can no longer tolerate him and in retrospect I like him only in Chak De and Kabhi Haan Kabhi naa.πŸ˜•

Can u analyze such a weird take of mine on these 3 Khans as I myself am confused.πŸ˜•

Also U hv shown the similarity of SRK and Rajesh Khanna and Aamir and Sanjeev Kumar. What abt Salman? I think it could be Dharmendra, though I hv no clue if he had that kinda craze tht Salman invokes. Ya phir Salman jaisa koi aur namoona hai hi nahin.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
Originally posted by khamosshhh

Also U hv shown the similarity of SRK and Rajesh Khanna and Aamir and Sanjeev Kumar. What abt Salman? I think it could be Dharmendra, though I hv no clue if he had that kinda craze tht Salman invokes. Ya phir Salman jaisa koi aur namoona hai hi nahin.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Thats why I said..."

Salman Khan is an enigma and most unconventional of all times perhaps."""

Dharmendra has attempted extremely daring roles in SATYAKAAM (to my mind his best),...Phaagun, etc. and craved for that recognition as an ACTOR...not just content being a STAR!

Salman is extremely satisfied staying within his comfort zone. That he hasn't worked with ace directors of our times like Prakash Jha, Raju Hirani etc., is merely an illustration of that! 😊