Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

onirfans thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Joyel

@onarifans=I think the curse applicable only to demi-god like Indradev and his teammates.If not then,why Brahmadev having 5 children after that curse.

its good na devata got bad blessing but after then they r still 33 crore  and they r population not growing like earth...

think if they can born child like man then what happened . in heaven population grow up daily with heavy rate bcz all devta's r amar they can not  die ...then how they will be adjust ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜‰
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
So Lakshmi would be Ayappa's ______?
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

So Lakshmi would be Ayappa's ______?

Mother's wife.
Vr15h thumbnail
In other words, matrivadhu? 😆
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

In other words, matrivadhu? 😆

What? Is that even a word?
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

What? Is that even a word?

Coined just now by vrish...matruvadhu...good one
Vr15h thumbnail
Now, it is - thanks to Shiva-Mohini 😆
shripadk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lord Vishnu had a lot of children. But all of them were never born of union between him and Goddess Lakshmi. Their children are restricted to their Avataars as God's don't have the necessity to procreate (Lord Shiva's case is unique) as the task of procreation was handed over by Lord Vishnu to Manu.

Lord Shiva had children not because he desired them. He got Kartikeya because of the boon Tarkasur got from Lord Brahma. He got Ganesh because Goddess Parvati wanted a child. These cannot be considered procreation by choice but procreation by necessity.

Lord Vishnu himself is Swayambhu (self-born). Of all children born from Vishnu the most important ones were (Reference - Krishna-dvaipayana Vyasa's Mahabharat: http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m12/m12c049.htm):

Lord Brahma (born out of his navel):

On the occasion of the seventh creation, viz., that which was due to the primeval Lotus, Narayana, endued with the austerest penances, transcending both good and ill, and possessed of unrivalled splendour, at first created Brahma, from his navel. After Brahma had started into birth, Narayana addressed him, saying; Thou halt sprung from my navel. Endued with puissance in respect of creation, do thou set thyself to create diverse kinds of creatures, rational and irrational. Thus addressed by the author of his being, Brahma with his mind penetrated by anxiety, felt the difficulty of his task and became unwilling to do what he was commenced to do. Bowing his head unto the boon-giving and illustrious Hari, the Lord of the universe, Brahma said these words unto him,--I bow to thee, O Lord of the deities, but I ask what puissance have I to create diverse creatures? I have no wisdom.

Adi Shesha:

After the task of creation, however, had been accomplished by Brahma, another thought arose in the mind of Narayana. Indeed, he reflected in this strain:--Brahma, otherwise called Parameshthi, has created all these creatures, consisting of Daityas and Danavas and Gandharvas and Rakshasas. The helpless Earth has become burthened with the weight of creatures. Many among the Daityas and Danavas and Rakshasas on Earth will become endued with great strength. Possessed of penances, they will at diverse times succeed in acquiring many excellent boons. Swelling with pride and might in consequence of those boons that they will succeed in obtaining, they will oppress and afflict the deities and the Rishis possessed of ascetic might. It is, therefore, meet that I should now and then lighten the burthen of the Earth, by assuming diverse forms one after another as occasion would require. I shall achieve this task by chastising the wicked and upholding the righteous. (Thus looked after by me), the Earth, which is the embodiment of Truth, will succeed in bearing her load of creatures. Assuming the form of a mighty snake I myself have to uphold the Earth in empty space. Upheld by me thus, she will uphold the entire creation, mobile and immobile. Incarnated on the Earth, therefore, in different forms, I shall have to rescue her at such times from peril. Having reflected in this way, the illustrious slayer of Madhu created diverse forms in his mind in which to appear from time to time for accomplishing the task in view. Assuming the form of a Boar, of Man-lion, of a Dwarf, and of human beings, I shall quell or slay such enemies of the deities as will become wicked and ungovernable.

Ved Vyasa:

Unto that Rishi who, after birth, had bowed his head unto Narayana, the latter, who was the original Creator of all the deities and possessed of a nature that was immutable, said those words: Thou shouldst devote thy attention to the distribution of the Vedas, O foremost of all persons endued with intelligence. 2 Do thou, therefore, O ascetic, accomplish what I command thee.--In obedience to this command of the Supreme Lord from whose Speech the Rishi Apantaratamas sprang into existence, the latter, in the Kalpa named after the Self-born Manu, distributed and arranged the Vedas. For that act of the Rishi, the illustrious Hari became gratified with him, as also for his well-performed penances, his vow and observances, and his restraint of the senses or passions. Addressing him,--Narayana said,--At each Manwantara, O son, thou wilt act in this way with respect to the Vedas. Thou shalt, in consequence of this act of thine, be immutable, O regenerate one, and incapable of being transcended by any one. When the Kali age will set in, certain princes of Bharata's line, to be called by the name of Kauravas, will take their birth from thee. They will be celebrated over the Earth as high-souled princes ruling over powerful kingdoms. Born of thee, dissensions will break out among them ending in their destruction at one another's hands excepting yourself. O foremost of regenerate persons, 3 in that age also, endued with austere penances, thou wilt distribute the Vedas into diverse classes. Indeed, in that dark age, thy complexion will become dark. Thou shalt cause diverse kinds of duties to flow and diverse kinds of knowledge also. Although endued with austere penances, yet thou shalt never be able to free thyself from desire and attachment to the world. Thy son, however, will be freed from every attachment like unto the Supreme Soul, through the grace of Madhava. It will not be otherwise. He whom learned Brahmanas call the mind-born son of the Grandsire, viz., Vasishtha endued with great intelligence and like unto an ocean of penances, and whose splendour transcends that of the Sun himself, will be the progenitor of a race in which a great Rishi of the name of Parasara, possessed of mighty energy and prowess, will take his birth. That foremost of persons, that ocean of Vedas, that abode of penances, will become thy sire (when thou wilt take birth in the Kali age). Thou shalt take thy birth as the son of a maiden residing in the house of her sire, through an act of congress with the great Rishi Parasara.

Doubts thou wilt have none with respect to the imports of things past, present, and future. Endued with penances and instructed by me, thou wilt behold the incidents of thousands and thousands of ages long past away. Thou wilt see through thousands and thousands of ages also in the future. Thou shalt, in that birth, behold me, O ascetic,--me that am without birth and death,--incarnated on Earth (as Krishna of Yadu's race), armed with the discus. 

Ved Vyasa himself says: "The Rishis have declared that this universe existing from ancient times is Narayana's self. Thou shouldst know that whether acts, good or bad, are laid down in the Vedas and occurrence in heaven and Earth, between the sky and the waters, are all caused by and flow from that ancient Rishi Narayana."

Edited by shripadk - 10 years ago
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you so much for sharing.
Vr15h thumbnail
Originally posted by: varaali

Coined just now by vrish...matruvadhu...good one

Similarly, Lakshmi would be Mahadev's wife-in-law ('wife's' wife), via Mohini.  Translate that ðŸ˜†
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago