Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Wonderful update, Surya 😃.
I also loved the way you described the Raasleela.It seems that Lord Krishna has blessed you dear.
Keep up the good work, thanks for the information that you posted in the PM, it was very useful.It gives a small idea of what you have written.
And thanks for the PM 😊.
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
This Is Soo Divine And Heavenly, Kaash, I Could Go There...And Dance With HIM...
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Radhikerani

This Is Soo Divine And Heavenly, Kaash, I Could Go There...And Dance With HIM...

Thanks! Ya, give it a try.. since you are a girl you can go. Only boys are not allowed into the Rasa Circle.
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago
Happy Govardhana Puja to Everyone! On this day, may Govardhana Giridhari bless us all to face and pass all calamities in life!!!

And here is a divine song on Giridhari, composed by Narayana Teerthar, in Ragam Darbari Kanada.

Chapter 9: Radhamadhavam

The gopikas were anguished. "Where has Krsna disappeared?!" "And Radha too is missing! He has chosen to take Radharani alone with him!"
"Why has he done this to us?!" they cried. Vishakha suddenly understood. "It is my fault," she said guiltily. "I became proud that Krsna is dancing with us. I am the culprit."
"No Vishakha! It is me! I was proud that Lord Krsna had been waiting especially for me!" retorted Chandravali. And one by one, the gopikas began blaming themselves for what had happened. They started sobbing loudly, ashamed of their conduct.

Lalita calmed the others. "There is no use of weeping now, dear sakhis. Let us search for the Lord, for our sakhi Radha. Let us search for Radhamadhava!"

"Mrigayata Radhamadhavam! Muhuriha Nigamavane Dhavam! Mrigata Radhamadhavam!"

The gopikas were consoled and began searching for Radhakrsna. They came across many different trees associated with different leelas of Krsna.

"Behold, the Kadamba tree, from which Krsna jumped into the Yamuna to fight the serpent king Kaliya! How valiant he was, fighting that hundred-headed snake!"
"Look sakhis! The Bhandira Tree, where Krsna sits every day with his friends to eat!"
"Why, this leaves of this Aamra tree are so sweet smelling! Ah! Krsna comes to this tree during the mango season to eat fresh mangoes!"
"And look, in the distance are the Tala (palm) trees! It was in that grove that Balarama and Krsna killed the terrible demon Dhenukasura!!"
"And there lies Govardhana - which Krsna uprooted like a mushroom just to protect us from Lord Indra's fury!"
"What about this tree - the Nimba (neem) tree? Remember when we were roamng around, he started praising the virtues of this tree?"
"Oh Nyagrodha, Oh Bhandira, Oh Amra, Oh Nimba, oh Kadamba, please tell us! YOu must have seen Krsna as he passed by! Tell us his whereabouts!"
"Oh Ashoka! You remove people's Shoka (sorrow)! Remove our shoka too by teling us the whereabouts of Krsna! Oh Naga! Oh Punnaga! Oh Plaksha! It is under your shade that Krsna has performed so many leelas! Where is that Butter thief who has stolen our hearts!"
Oh Champaka tree! You must tell us the whereabouts of Radharani and Krsna! We are sorrowful without his company!"

Chandravali was weeping so badly that she could barely lift her head. She looked at the roots of the tree and was stunned! For in the ground were the impressions of two pairs of footprints, on pair pressed hard, as if the owner had been standing on his toes. The ground also was scattered with Champaka flowers. She frantically called her sakhis. "Gopikas! Look here! Radha's and Krsna's footprints! Krsna must have been decorating her hair with flowers!"

The gopikas were frantic. They started collecting all the flowers fallen on the ground. They put the mud of the footprints on their heads and started worshipping the ground. Chandravali was very desparate to find Krsna, and seeing Radha's footprints, her desparation turned to jealousy.

"Anaya Aradhito Nunam Bhagavan Harih Ishvarah!
Yat No Vihaya Govindo Prito Ayam Anayat Rahah!"

"Surely this gopika Radha must have done lots of Aradhana to Lord Hari, that even when he left us, he was happy with her and took her along!"

The others looked at her, surprised at her sudden tirade against Radha. But they didn't utter a word. They travelled a little more, following the pair of footprints, until Radha's footprints vanished. "He must have carried her in his arms over here!"

They travelled a little more distance when they came across a figure weeping on the ground, her face covered by her hair, decorated with Champaka flowers. The gopikas drew closer to the figure, who lifted her head to look at them. The gopikas gasped with shock. The anguished look in her eyes was never before seen. All their feelings of resentment flooded out of their minds. They were perplexed. For the gopika in front of them was Radha.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

They travelled a little more distance when they came across a figure weeping on the ground, her face covered by her hair, decorated with Champaka flowers. The gopikas drew closer to the figure, who lifted her head to look at them. The gopikas gasped with shock. The anguished look in her eyes was never before seen. All their feelings of resentment flooded out of their minds. They were perplexed. For the gopika in front of them was Radha.

Surya,

I was hoping against hope that you would somehow sidestep this incident. I have never been able to accept the fact that Radha- whose life and soul was Krishna- that Divine Radha- could ever fall victim to such a petty human emotion as ego. Anyway, I hope you have a convincing explanation...

But the update, per se, was good.

And the behag...was well...not very behagish. except for a few snatches...S M G M N D N S...G M G M G...
Edited by varaali - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: varaali

Surya,

I was hoping against hope that you would somehow sidestep this incident. I have never been able to accept the fact that Radha- whose life and soul was Krishna- that Divine Radha- could ever fall victim to such a petty human emotion as ego. Anyway, I hope you have a convincing explanation...

But the update, per se, was good.

And the behag...was well...not very behagish. except for a few snatches...S M G M N D N S...G M G M G...

SO you didn't like it?
OK I will make up for the Radha incident, actually i do have an explanation, but I thought , "why not first shock the readers, and then give the explanation..."

Behag...well that is why I had given Pyak in the brackets, Pyak being more Hindusthani-ish.
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
No...no... I liked your writing. What I don't like is the cock-and- bull story that Radha too became egoistic when Krishna carried her over his shoulders...But each to his own. You continue in the way you like.
Yes, probably it was more pyak than behag. Anyway I have no idea how pyak is supposed to sound, Only know about behag.

Originally posted by: varaali

No...no... I liked your writing. What I don't like is the cock-and- bull story that Radha too became egoistic when Krishna carried her over his shoulders...But each to his own. You continue in the way you like.

Yes, probably it was more pyak than behag. Anyway I have no idea how pyak is supposed to sound, Only know about behag.

Hm... so you say that VYasa concocts cock-and-bull stories...
Well, you are absolutely right! And don't worry, Radha has a plan... ok I have given it to you. That's all.
Kore-Soteira thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very well written, Surya.
I do not know much about this one, so this was really informative. Thanks for including the Youtube link of the song.
And thanks for the PM ðŸ˜Š