Sri Radhakrsna's leela - Part III - Completed on Page 48 - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago

(Author's Note: The above songs are from the masterpieces of Oothukkadu Venkatakavi, the 18th century Carnatic musician. Lyrics are available here:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/mangala-kriti-and-phala-stuti/article4027493.ece - Check song 2

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday-review/music/2nd-avarana-kritis-sarva-ashaaparipooraka-chakram/article4001928.ece - Song 2

As for Brindavana Nilaye, here are the lyrics:

Raga: Reethigowlai

Pallavi:

Brindavana Nilaye Radhe!

Brindaharadhara Krishnamanohari Ninditendumukha Bimbakaladhari

Samashti Charanam:

Shringara Rasollasa Chature Sri Ranga Krishna Vadanambuja Madhupe

(Oh one who is well versed in the art of Shringara, the bee who drinks the honey of Lord Krishna's beauty from his lotus face!)

Rasa Mandala Madhye, Ati Teja Mangala Nitye, Rati Koti Sundara Chitre, Nandagopa Kumara Charitre (One who is in the centre of the Rasamandala, the Auspicious and effulgent One, who is crore times beautiful than Rati, and the love and life of Krishna, the son of Nandagopa.)

Janita makaranda sugandha Parimala Kusumakara Lalite (The one with a fragrace like freshlyblossomed flowers, the beautiful one)

Vasudeva Devaki Nandamukunda Govinda Kalinga Nartana Rasike (The Gopika who delights in the Kaliya Nartana done by Krsna, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki.)

(The rest of the song is just dance steps.)

So Chaya devi's effigy - who did it become?

And we're talking about Sanjna's Chaya devi, right?
Originally posted by .Vrish.

So Chaya devi's effigy - who did it become?

And we're talking about Sanjna's Chaya devi, right?

Yes, her only. I am saying,. Sajna invoked Chhaya Devi originally, so she herself tok on Sajna's form.. while Radha wants Chhaya to create another replica... Ah, in short I modified the storyπŸ˜†
so it seems, that mata is the real love guru.
My God, after a long time, an update, busy you had exams right.
Very beautiful update, Surya, love your take on describing.
Also a big thanks for including the songs and also the sites.
Wow beautiful... Radha's Love & Devotion for Krishna is beyond words.. and you have so beautifully expressed the intensity of her feelings for her Beloved... πŸ‘ keep writing and continue the connect as that is the guiding force that will lead you as well as us all towards the Divine...❀️

Devotion though music is the path to salvation
as said Shri Venkata Kavi, only a devotee of such calibre as him can say this... for whom Lord Krishna Himself became his Guru.. I bow down to this one of the greatest  Devotees of the Lord, who taught & inspired other devotees, the importance of music... how devotional singing can please God & can speedily help in merging of the soul into the Supersoul!

Ok, everyone really really sorry for not updating on Sharad Poornima! I am so stupid for not updating on Friday! Hope you all will forgive my delay in updating the Maharasa Leela!!!
Chapter Six: Maharasa Aarambha

The excited gopikas were decorating themselves. Tonight was the night of Sharad Poornima, the Autumnal Full Moon. It was said that those who walked in the moonlight without any other artificial lighting, in devotion to the Lord, would gain success in what they were doing. And what excited them the most was that the Lord Himself had given them an invitation to take part in the Maharasa, or the Great Dance of Love. It was no wonder then, to these gopikas, that time seemed to move slowly.

After what seemed like a Yuga, the Sun finally set, and up rose Lord Chandra in his reindeer chariot, shining his brightest as he lit the night sky. Of course, his role was merely mirroring the light of the Sun, but he made the night sky bright with his cool rays. The gopikas sighed in relief, and began some last minute make up sessions in their respective homes.

Krsna assumed his divine form, and multiplied himself into two. One Krsna stayed at home, while the other vanished and reappeared on the banks of the Yamuna, under his favourite Kadamba tree. He took out his flute, and with a strong breath, he started playing Kanada, the Raga of Love. The music from his flute spread like magic to all the houses. One gopika was applying some Anjan to her eyes; another was decorating her hair; yet another was wearing her jewellery. One gopika was cooking food, another was taking care of her parents, and another was praying to the Lord. The music of His flute reached their ears. In a trice, the young girls left their work and jumped in joy! Krsna, their beloved was inviting them!

As Lalita sprinted towards the door, she accidentally kicked the pot of milk on the stove and the boiling milk spilt on her foot. She didn't notice it and happily ran towards the source of the sound. Padma dropped the jewels she was wearing; Pushpalatika's hair was undone; Vishakha's eyes were smeared with Anjan; Tungavidya's hands were red with vermillion; Rangadevi's dress was askew; Sudevi forgot about the vessels she had just now kept for washing, Chitralekha tried to sneak out while her parents were sleeping;  Tungavidya forgot to milk the cows, Madhavi dropped the food in her hand, and similarly, all the gopikas of Vrindavana came to the Kadamba tree. There were a few, however, who were stopped midway by their brothers, or fathers, or by their would-be husbands nearby. After a lot of protesting and crying, the gopikas lost to their relatives who dragged them back home, where they sat in their rooms, crying over their fate.

Krsna saw the plight of these gopikas. He called his sister. "Parvati, would you mind casting illusions and secretly bringing those gopikas here?" he asked, pleading his sister. Parvati laughed. "Sure I don't! These girls have with all sincerity observed the Navaratri Puja. I have to bless them!"

Sure enough, Yogamaya Devi used her powers and brought those gopikas from their houses to the Kadamba tree. The gopikas were enthralled and with tears of joy, they rushed to Krsna.

"Svagatam Vo Mahabhaagaah! Priyam kim Karavaani Vah?
Vrajasya Anaamayam Kacchit? Bruta Aagamana Kaaranam!"

"OH most fortunate ladies!" began Krsna. "Why have you gathered here? Please tell me, what may I do to please you? Are the residents of Vrindavana safe?"

The gopikas kept a straight face. "Krsna... do you remember that yo- say, where is Radha? And where is Chandravali?!" 
Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 10 years ago
such a nice description of maharaas, and you are forgiven, mitra. 😊
Wonderful beginning! πŸ‘ Keep writing more about the most beautiful part of Shri Krishna Leela... ❀️