Bharat Ka Veer Putra -Maharana Pratap

Pratap vs Shakti -- Confrontation of Dedication and Greed - Page 5

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Shakti is easier to relate to, than Pratap. And Shakti is not entirely a dark character.
I do not even see his behaviour as greed.

He just wants what he feels he and his mother have been denied. He wants to prove himself. He wants his qualities to be noticed too.

Frankly at times Rana ji has been lenient on Pratap or excused his mistakes. If the same things were done by anyone else he wouldn't be spared.

Shakti is defiant and increasingly so because he gets bad treatment from his father and he has seen even his mother being publicly humiliated and shit scared by his father.

If Pratap was not coming to the competition then what was the need to shout at Sajja bai and say words like, "Hum uss Shakti ko uttaradhikari bana dein?" That too in front of everyone?πŸ˜•

Udai Singh and praja wants Pratap, fine. But do not undermine Shakti or brush aside his capabilities so openly!😲

He got best score in gurukul entrance test and even later. That does show he has ability!

Pratap was more into taking things in his own hands and venturing out without permission (like they checked out that secret tunnel in palace). Whereas Shakti was initially not at all into breaking rules or taking things in his own hands. He was obedient despite his frustrations.

Shakti gets very little credit or praise for whatever positive things he does. Is it not frustrating to see that your father is curious at your success and more concerned about lack of success of his favoured son instead of joy and acceptance of your success?πŸ˜•

Anyone would be disturbed if he got the treatment that Shakti gets from Udai Singh & co. - either he would be depressed or he would be filled with rage and resentment.😲

Shakti uses more brain than Pratap. I had to commend him when he did not accept Bhaatiyani's sugar coated BS at once at face value, rather he questioned her why she was so concerned about him if she too had favoured and loved Pratap all along. He did stump her for once!πŸ‘πŸΌ

It is good to be kind hearted but it doesn't mean you do not use tact!

Pratap lacks tact. Forget being suspicious, he is not even curious if the matter is related to someone he is attached to - a friend, a teacher or a relative! This is dangerous for a king and an administrator. In fact dangerous for anyone.

Jaywanta bai is good, kind and generous but she does have sense to see what is real and what is fake. Pratap lacks that. Even if he gets curious, like he got curious about Basar Khan once, he drops that instead of discussing it with others or trying to resolve the doubts he has in his mind.

A king must be prepared to deal with anything. But Pratap is not! He was hiding his face when that traitor was beheaded (Rana ji had to force him to see it). He loses concentration when he thinks of friends or family or even a danger to guru. 

That is not a good sign.

In a battle a lapse of a split second is enough to change political scenario!😲

Guru is harsh on Pratap. He should tone it down and he did show positive role in motivating him in ME. But he definitely needs to work on Pratap's over-sensitivity and getting blinded/distracted or readily believing people he loves/respects. 

Guru praises Shakti because he earned that praise. At times Guru has also taunted him for blurting out learnt by rote speeches to him. Partly, guru also praises him to check Pratap and keep him on his toes and not take his abilities or path of success for granted. Guru knows that Udai Singh and praja values Pratap a lot already, so he is only trying to ensure that Pratap does not get either complacent, overconfident or assured of his success and abilities. 

Shakti, recognition of his abilities and his open praise are Guru's way of doing a balancing act. 

I think he also wants to test reactions of everybody. How Shakti behaves when praised and how Pratap behaves when praised or not. 

Making things more difficult for Pratap are his way of pushing him to limits and preparing him for the worst (anything that is). If Pratap fails or retaliates, then it will be clear what the limit of his ability is. But if he keeps on following orders without a word and rather comes out with flying colours then it will be clear how exceptional he is.

Also, Shakti has broken less rules than Pratap (like entering late or getting admitted despite failing entrance test). So probably he gets bit of favour (apparently).

Shakti has faced difficulties and discrimination at home itself this is why his goal is restricted to defeating Pratap. While Pratap has got everything and all the favours so he can think about serving the people (who favour him anyway, especially after that battle - that too, which was more to Rajrana's credit or else Pratap would have faltered! Rajrana created the conditions for Pratap to function properly).

I do not favour Shakti. But I do understand him and empathise with him. 😊He at least wants to prove himself to Udai Singh and co. I'd have left such parent and even convinced my mom to leave home together if we got the treatment that Shakti and Sajja get! [SERIOUSLY!]

Udai Singh's excessive and blind favour to Bhaatiyani puts even adult and mature women like Jaywanta and Sajja ill at ease at times. Shakti and other brothers are still kids! Won't they be affected?

Udai Singh is just not willing to give Shakti a chance - forget heir, he does not even want to recognise his abilities as a student! 

Shakti may not become a good king because his own feelings drive him more than people's concerns. As for fighting with professional assassins or fighting a battle, I do not think we can make conclusions about it because Shakti has not been put in such situations yet so to judge him how he deals with such situations.

It is commendable that Pratap fought valiantly in the battle and with Bashar Khan. But let us not forget that he was not alone. He had army and Rajrana with him in battle and he had plan laid out by guru, fellow disciples and father Udai Singh and his men later. On his own, he used tact around Shams Khan's camp earlier when they went to steal mangoes. But there also, it was luck that he and Shakti threw mangoes on Shams Khan's men and managed to run away. (That was the most foolish scene in the entire show! Such trained Afghan soldiers got attacked and debilitated by throwing mere mangoes at them? πŸ˜†)

Pratap is first to rise to a challenge. But alone - he either escaped by chance or got injured. He has had crucial help from people like Guru and Rajrana ji in grave dangers he faced. And if it is something that involves a friend or family then he is not even able to recognise that there's a challenge for him!πŸ˜•

Both Pratap and Shakti are determined in their own way. (Though Shakti's determination is fired more by bitterness at Udai Singh and resulting envy and anger at Pratap)

But it depends on portrayal. Pratap is doing exceptional despite injuries in the competition. While Shakti is normal and healthy. I don't know if Shakti would have participated had he been as badly injured as Pratap was. So I cannot comment on his ability or inability.

Ideally I would like Pratap to WIN this competition so that it is proven that he can overcome all odds. πŸ‘πŸΌI also want egg on that Bhaatiyani's 🀬 face who has been smiling too much at Pratap's misses!😑 This will also show how motivation from one's guru goes a long way in helping someone function according to their potential.😊

But frankly speaking I loved Shakti's OPEN defiance of that Udai Singh!😈 So I would not mind if he won!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Pratap would be a tad relieved of conspiracies if he weren't Yuvraj and backlash of praja would make Udai Singh also self-introspect if he should allow his decisions to be influenced by that Bhaatiyani or not. If she barks in case of Shakti also, then I hope he gets suspicious of her. Wishful thinking!πŸ₯±

But I feel the competition may not proceed to completion. I suspect Shams Khan will create trouble as Som discovers his plans or gets suspicious of him. There might be a blast, tragedy or commotion due to which competition gets cancelled midway.

Let's see.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cherryberry293 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Liked all the discussion going on here. 😊
The way Shakti behaves for that Uday Singh's favorism is responsible.
Uday Singh cud b a gr8 king but Je fails to prove himself as good husband & father..
US favors Pratap and neglects Shakti when it comes to his sons andhe favors Bhatiyani when it comes to his wives. 🀒

So for me Uday Singh is d reason y Shakti hates his elder brother.

And they r showing Teenage Pratap, so v can't expect him to b all good and sensible at tender age.
We will see this matured Pratap after a leap who will b d warrior of our history ⭐️

Till then we'll have to enjoy this track which em doing currently πŸ˜ƒ
Pari117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: krystal_watz

@Pari117: Can't agree with you. Jealousy is a very humane trait, especially when you've been a victim of favouritism right from birth. Tell me something, how would you NOT be jealous when you're treated like a second-class citizen in your own home? I like Shakti a lot, and as somebody said, he's more relatable than Pratap. Its easy to be all shining and glorious when you're always in the spotlight. Place yourself in his shoes and think-----would you like to be grossly discriminated against by your own father in the way Udai treats Shakti? Who would NOT feel belittled and deprived when their older brother is ALWAYS the center of attention, every time, everywhere?

hi liked your viewpoints and will mention my thoughts on it.

I feel that at that era a father had many sons and for successor they can't conduct competitions and challenges every now and then to select most deserving. Usually father get close to his elder son the most, and fortunately pratap being elder son was deserving as well, kunwar shakti is gud, no doubt about it. Many times he overshadows pratap by his skills but i find him weird by nature. Being a king doesn't only includes bravery, you need to have all the qualities that are needed for being a king. No doubt pratap had 'em all, thats the reason his name shines till today
Pari117 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mini.S

i agree that shakti is right in what he is doing, even i may have been that way when in place.

but shakti turning against his nation is not justified na? I mean i agree he suffered from discrimination, but what he did at end? Left mewar? That was not justified at his part
Pari117 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: debasree04

Exactly even i m surprised to see Guruji...i totally thought wrong about him...may be his way of teaching is different & earlier he didn't show his love for Pratap...I m very happy to see him yesterday πŸ˜ƒ

yes i think now guru ji is showing his real nature, he was shown very hard initially.. I wish we get to see some soft and emotional bonding with pratap
debasree04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Pari117

yes i think now guru ji is showing his real nature, he was shown very hard initially.. I wish we get to see some soft and emotional bonding with pratap

same here...i also want to see that...
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pari117

@lovely_lady: i can't quote you as i'm on mobile and i have text limit, but my reply is as follows :

it was not 21st century that we need to expect equality amongst children, had kings started considering them all equal it would have been total mess. They had many childred, sometimes more than 20 and one can not consider them all for heir. They considered the one whom they thought was the most deserving. It is not about the fact that i an supporting pratap so i'm saying it. I would have supported shakti but the nature of a person is first quality to determine his will power and abilities. I find Shakti arrogant, the way he teamed up to leave gurukal opposing guru ji teaching methodology, d way today he denied to take blessings, the way everytime he considers pratap as a competitor... I know that inequality germinates a seed of hatred, agony and enemity.. But had shakti been true from heart, he would have been hurt but wouldn't have been arrogant. Pratap never doubts bhatiyani even though she plays evil all the time, just because pratap is genuine by heart. I think nature is the first intrinsic quality which defines whether one will go up and will collapse. See the example is before us dat uday singh's choice of making pratap his successor was justified, as pratap's name is written in golden letters in indian history, and shakti teamed up with akbar.. Though later he came back but he proved that he wasn't worthy. A person who didn't remain loyal to his motherhood just because of not getting throne, do you think dat person had ever been a good ruler?

It's not necessarily about receiving equality in money or anything. It's about receiving equality the way they are treated by THEIR FATHER. Udai Singh favours Pratap, you'd be blind not to see that. Shakti is completely side-lined by everyone. And this is even more strikingly when you realized that technically, according to the oldest=heir rule that Udai uses to justify making Pratap heir, Shakti would be 3rd in line. With the way they were always under attack, it makes perfect sense to plan ahead in case something happens to Pratap. But no one even thinks about this. If anything had ever happened to Pratap, then the throne would've gone to Shakti, whose been ignored up until then. That's just such bad planning on their part. 

And as for their intrinsic nature, there's pros and cons to both Shakti and Pratap. Shakti opposing gurukul, can be thought of as arrogant, but it can also be thought of him standing up for himself and others; he think's the guru ji's ways are harsh and unnecessary and doesn't feel like he's learning anything. In that sense, he's actually standing up for the right of getting a better education no? Pratap never doubting Bhatiyani, can be thought of as being a part of his "sweet" nature, but can also be a naivety, which prevents him from seeing when people are playing games with him = very, very bad quality for a King.  

Also, my observations are based from what the show is showing. At this point, both Shakti and Pratap are KIDS. I don't know what went down to making Shakti turn his back on his "motherland." All I'm saying, is that everything isn't as two dimensional as you might think. There's a lot of shades to the character's in the show, and I'm just trying to show you some of Shakti's. He's not only black and white (good or bad) at all, he's grey (good AND bad) πŸ˜Š
cherryberry293 thumbnail

Shakti seems to b in good mood in this 😊
atominis thumbnail
From happenings in last episode and the new promo it is clear why Shakti turned against his nation.

All blame on that Udai Singh! 😑 Which king carries family feuds to full darbar?!

The way Udai Singh behaved in darbar it did not look like a face to face between a father and son, rather a clash of male egos where the older and the "man in charge" was putting down the small fish for challenging him and failing in the big game.

Udai Singh never behaved like a father to Shakti. So it is evident why Shakti also isn't behaving like a son should.

Shakti is a frustrated and now, a wounded soul as well.

Another mistake is that Sajjabai gets panicky instead of being stoic and guiding him the way Jaywanta guides Pratap. She is like a child woman and not self assured herself. She is scared of Rana ji. Scared of her child's temperamental nature also. So she either remains silent, or cries, or pampers Shakti or scolds him at times. She's a nice woman, but doesn't know how to deal with challenges of mothering a growing boy.

Shakti is less greedy. He is more of a son who is frustrated by neglect of his father.

He has equal amount of fire and inferiority complex in him. All his anger is only a cloak for his complex bred by neglect of his father towards him - and his mother (everyone and their dog get more attention from Rana ji than poor Sajjabai!).

I think his concentration gets lost due to comparisons with Pratap. His father and others in royals kept doing it all the time so much so that now even his thinking has been restricted to comparisons with Pratap only.

The way even guards/servants were sniggering at him and taking digs at him, just showed what a pathetic position he was in! No one deserves to be treated like that!

Seeds of hate have been sown now. Useless guards will snigger only if King is also thoughtless enough to carry family feud to the darbar! 🀒
cherryberry293 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Skepblun

From happenings in last episode and the new promo it is clear why Shakti turned against his nation.

All blame on that Udai Singh! 😑 Which king carries family feuds to full darbar?!

The way Udai Singh behaved in darbar it did not look like a face to face between a father and son, rather a clash of male egos where the older and the "man in charge" was putting down the small fish for challenging him and failing in the big game.

Udai Singh never behaved like a father to Shakti. So it is evident why Shakti also isn't behaving like a son should.

Shakti is a frustrated and now, a wounded soul as well.

Another mistake is that Sajjabai gets panicky instead of being stoic and guiding him the way Jaywanta guides Pratap. She is like a child woman and not self assured herself. She is scared of Rana ji. Scared of her child's temperamental nature also. So she either remains silent, or cries, or pampers Shakti or scolds him at times. She's a nice woman, but doesn't know how to deal with challenges of mothering a growing boy.

Shakti is less greedy. He is more of a son who is frustrated by neglect of his father.

He has equal amount of fire and inferiority complex in him. All his anger is only a cloak for his complex bred by neglect of his father towards him - and his mother (everyone and their dog get more attention from Rana ji than poor Sajjabai!).

I think his concentration gets lost due to comparisons with Pratap. His father and others in royals kept doing it all the time so much so that now even his thinking has been restricted to comparisons with Pratap only.

The way even guards/servants were sniggering at him and taking digs at him, just showed what a pathetic position he was in! No one deserves to be treated like that!

Seeds of hate have been sown now. Useless guards will snigger only if King is also thoughtless enough to carry family feud to the darbar! 🀒

Absolutely true!!!!!!!
Uday Singh is d reason y Shakti hated his generous elder brother and turned against his nation.
His parents failed to console him and to show him +ve things abt life.
Shakti is very unlucky. His father is hyper tension guy, who just shouts on d top of his voice on every tiny matter.
And his mother isn't capable to understand , console and guide him in life.

BAUJI RAAJ is d luckiest man bcoz he has Jaywanta as his mother. ⭐️ Bauji raaj became Maharana Bcoz of his mother.
Jaywanta made Maharana Pratap and Jija Bai gave us Raja Shiv Chatrapati.
These gr8 mothers gave our history d unforgettable HEROS... They deserve my salute   πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Even Jagmal seems to b lucky as compare to Shakti. His cunning mother did everything to crown him Mewar's Rana.

Feeling sad for Shakti.