Girl participates in Masterchef, 10 days after mom's death

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Harshika Joshi, 9, with the judges on

Junior MasterChef
The Kolkata auditions for Junior MasterChef witnessed a rather poignant moment when nine-year-old Harshika Joshi, one of the aspirants, revealed her reason for being on the show. Harshika said that she was participating in the show to fulfill her mother's last wish. Her mom had passed away barely 10 days before the auditions.

She got emotional when she shared some fond memories of her mother, who is her inspiration to cook. Harshika said she was determined to win the show to honour her mother's dream.

The three chefs - Vikas Khanna, Kunal Kapoor and Surjan Singh Jolly - were touched by the little one's courage and culinary talent, she bowled them over with a French dessert. They even danced with her to lighten the mood. The boot-camp episode - the final leg of the auditions - starts this Sunday. It will see 36 top little chefs between the ages of eight and 12 battling it out.

Junior MasterChef Swaad Ke Ustaad airs tonight at 9 on Star Plus.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing. I salute this girls courage. 👏
Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks !i missed this week's epis :-(
I-Luv-Rashi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
yup vry brave girl with talent and she was really very cute too!
zeezee09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hugs to the judges for showing us their sentimental side.They genuinely were moved by the story as much as we were. I liked her dad, who very simply said that Harshika's mother passed away recently. He did not act sorrowful or elaborate on the tragedy to gain anybody's sympathy. Just stated what tragedy, he and his daughter had gone through.

Harshika is good at baking and I wish her all the best and hope she goes far. God speed Harshika

FrozenRain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
she is very cute... n she n her father r brave enough to hide their pain but i felt really bad for this little kid..n amazed with the cooking skills of these little kids..never thought tht kids can cook so well n they all know many indian n continental recipies...woww.. Edited by SanaJasmine - 10 years ago
MaaNeeTLuV thumbnail
TFS!!
she is really great grll...