Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

Episode 354 Discussion: 19th August 2013 - Page 4

chirpyhapibird thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
shubashni i read your review on previous page...it's almost scary to think that at the end of this track cvs will try to show madhu as mahan and sultan proving he is better than rk ...and finally rk is always wrong

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

subashni thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dvs_smiRK

It was such a turn your face away in disgust moment and the fact that its been said before in an indirect manner (cant recall which episode) is all the more disturbing and spine shuddering. These writers are having her dignity constantly at stake in each encounter, and being tarnished by him not to mention invasion of space. All we keep hearing is 'come into my world' in lustful undertones, be mine, desperation for divorce. I fathom to think what else it implies than the obvious

Somebody has claimed to have complained against the show and channel to Broadcasting ministry for glorifying a gangster. and women abuse. I read that  post in nautanki films facebook. If it is true it serves them right and very much needed after today's episode
yogendra1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rajjji

shubashni i read your review on previous page...it's almost scary to think that at the end of this track cvs will try to show madhu as mahan and sultan proving he is better than rk ...and finally rk is always wrong

If Cvs at the end of the track tries to prove after doing all this horrible deeds Sultan is better than RK than it is better to shut the show rather than getting horrible trp because no one will watch the show after that.
subashni thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rajjji

I don't know about Sultan's provings  and  don't care much about him. Madhu is already a mahan who is sacrificing herself for her husband's life .It is just we naive viewers fail to understand that, About R.K always wrong right from Aryan  to Paddo   R.k is bhura and Sullu is acchi. Radha blames her son while madhu initiated divorce. He apologized for the mistakes he never did. which is beating malik and inadvertent accident of Mukku.
river123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
After reading the other reviews, , I realized that I missed the icky part in my fast forwarding most of the Sultan Madhu scene.  So went back and watched just now.

The meaning is clear - Madhu basically implies that she will sleep with Sultan if he leaves RK alone.  Congrats, perverted CVs!! You've turned your female lead character into the person who sells their body - there's a word for those women, which I can't use on this forum. 

You know, every time my friends or I used to run into creepy lechs - along with some really choice gaalis, we'd include  "ghar mein Maa Behen nahin hai kya?"  Feel like going to ST and yelling that outside his window...On second thoughts, maybe DD should do that...for making her be a part of this nonsense.

Edited by river123 - 10 years ago
subashni thumbnail
@river
I too refrained  from using that word though she appears the same for me.. Is it intentional or mistake/ is this what they want to show?  or end up sowing something due to poor execution.and what do they expect for that character. Disgust?  sympathy?   Support? million dollar questions which might be answered by TRP's                   
river123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: subashni

@river

I too refrained  from using that word though she appears the same for me.. Is it intentional or mistake/ is this what they want to show?  or end up sowing something due to poor execution.and what do they expect for that character. Disgust?  sympathy?   Support? million dollar questions which might be answered by TRP's                   

I don't know whether this will affect TRPs right away.  My hypothesis is that the people who are still left watching the show are the ones who have a relatively strong stomach.  They are hanging in there hoping that the story will resolve itself nicely.  Basically, beyond the first week of September, if this nonsense continues, viewers are going to desert the sinking ship.   And mid-Sept onwards is when the show would see an real effect. 
dramacrazy12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: subashni

@river

Same here...I too refrained from using the choice word.

I think that what they are showing and what they actually intend to show are two different things. This is also probably the reason why CVs constantly seem to be flabbergasted by viewer reactions. I can only assume that this is an issue because
1)They do not have any sane /sensitive female on their team
2)They are too close to it and tend to miss out the underlying implications
3)They tend to dismiss the internet crowd's reaction as useless drama

For example I am quite sure that they did not intend to imply that Madhu was ready to sell herself for her husband. From their perspective...going away with Sultan is a romantic/obsessive overture...and it means that Sultan is going to take her away with him and live happily ever-after. The viewers on the other hand are confused with the ambiguous "going away"...they are asking what does going away mean?, how can a married woman agree to forcibly going away with a gangster? Will that include any physical intimacy? Is there going to be a marriage? The ambiguous expressions of Madhu and Sultan add more fuel to the fire? You are left wondering why Madhu is not disgusted ? Why is she not kneeing him or stabbing him with a knife? how is Sultan able to to invade Madhu's personal space so easily and repeatedly? The general dislike for Sultan and confusion over Madhu's take adds a very negative connotation to the entire scene. In the end what was supposed to be a run-of-mill filler scene turns out to be something that further increases viewers disillusionment with the show and the characters.

I have said this before- Madhu is the only female lead who has managed to win no sympathy from viewers in general. Even in unwedding days, her desire to stay in RK's space, her closeness to gangster and the whole Mukund incident had a cross-section of viewers go...she had this coming. 

On the other hand RK is probably the only male lead who manages to inspire sympathy or some sort of  positive reaction in viewers even when he is in his worst kameena avatar.

Edited by dramacrazy12 - 10 years ago
tsk786 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
My comments are based on the WU because I haven't seen a single scene in over a month.

1. This episode is an example of why TRPs were down the week SRK came...because they are still going with the lollipop strategy. For someone like me, so has not been watching the show in over a month RK returning to his 'Kameena' avatar and this forced love-hate track is not going to make me want to watch the show again. Why will it when they have Madhu spouting dialogues like I'm giving up myself so that RK may live. No matter how many powerful scenes they have, whether RK returns back to his Kameena avatar, things like that Madhu and Sultan scene or Madhu giving up her self-respect or honor spoils the entire episode for me. The CVs have been in the TV business long enough to know that TV soaps are largely watched by women. In a era where things like the Delhi rape case has made headlines, do they really expect people to watch this stuff?

2. RK: I saw their tweet about his 'Kameena' avatar being back. Dear Nautanki- RK wasn't just a kameena he was a Right Kameena. Which means he was intelligent and 2 steps ahead of everyone else. I find it hard to believe that the man who took one look at his father-in-law and figured out he was his attacker, suddenly believes his wife really wants to divorce him? Really? I really don't think this is a way to move the storyline, but to drag it out. If (and that's a huge IF) and when RK finally finds out about the truth, they are setting it up so he actually apologizes to Madhu. What he should do is tell her that he can't believe she thought it was okay to give up her self-respect without a fight, that she didn't realize there's more than one way to respond to someone who points at a gun at you. Most importantly, he should make her realize that she didn't stop once to think about what asking for a divorce would do to him.

All in all, the CVs have managed to insult Indian culture, values, morals, Indian marriage, Indian law, and most important ly the average Indian viewer's intelligence.

raj80 thumbnail
@Opti: nice review about RK...this is suave RK but not super intelligent one...hope this is his plan to see Madhu's reactions to his actions and think there is someone behind this mess ...

@rajji: agree with RK's reactions if he comes to know the truth...
y RK's family r trying to protect him from truth...isn't he brave enough to handle the situation...y they always underestimate RK ...

@leela: awesome review...

@subashini: did read that comment on Nautanki films FB...the comment was an outrage against the ph and channel for showing Madhu helpless and accepting to a molester's demand and for supporting a criminal and for mockery of law...don't think the CV's after this complaint might show Sultan as right bcoz this won't sit well with the viewers after all his disgusting acts like physically forcing a woman,leaning forward to kiss her, and torturing her...there is no redemption for this char no matter what the circumstances be...

The reason for low TRP's r sacrificing Madhu,the shoddy screenplay with some disgusting scenes,the dumbness of both RK and Madhu,the disgusting dialogues which make u question the characters especially  those between Madhu and Sultan ,showing  no fight against the evil and above all the existence of the unwanted char...

At the present the only savior of this show and the TRP's is Madhu bcoz her char
has been butchered...not the helpless or sacrificing one but the brave and courageous one who doesn't accept the evil demands and fights against the evil...

This show is  not some 19th century tale about sacrificing your love for his/her safety and leaving him/her to rot which equates death...

This is MEIEJ...it should be junoon of RK and Madhu to save their love and relationship against the evil ...it should be junoon from them to show the evil that they can't be separated...
hope the Cv's learn this...
Edited by raj80 - 10 years ago