Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Mohit and Vishal: the comedy and Hanuman connections

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Mohit and Vishal's connections with each other, and Lord Hanuman!

So the adult Hanuman in DKDM will be played by Vishal Kotian.

Of course we know that Lord Hanuman is the 11th Rudra avtaar of Mahadev.

But did you guys all know that Mohit Raina and Vishal Kotian have some connections from previous roles, both with each other and with Lord Hanuman?

Both Mohit and Vishal acted together in the StarPlus serial Bhabhi and in the comedy movie Don Muthu Swami.

In BhabhiVishal's character Sonu was the cousin of Mohit's character's (Shubham) father. Sonu was a devotee of Lord Hanuman, and even told his parents that he wanted to be like him! Now Vishal gets to portray him in DKDM! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Here is a video of a Bhabhi episode featuring them both. Shubham (Mohit) can be seen early in the episode, from around 3:30, and Sonu (Vishal) is seen praying to Lord Hanuman at ~12:55. (Sonu's parents want him to get married but he doesn't want to, so he is praying and then later tells his parents he wants to be like Hanuman-ji! πŸ˜ƒ)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj4ggnluO5k[/YOUTUBE]

In Don Muthu SwamiMohit's character Jaikishan Shastri was the reformed Don Muthu Swami's (Mithun Chakraborty) Hindi and Urdu teacher, and Vishal played the role of one of the Don's reformed henchman. At one point, Jaikishan (Mohit) was seen chanting the Hanuman Chalisa! πŸ˜Š

Here is the video of Don Muthu Swami (the whole movie!). You can see Jaikishan (Mohit) chanting the Hanuman Chalisa at about 1:02:00. (In case you can't tell, this is one of my favourite movies - I'm a nut, I know! πŸ˜†) 
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj0nznvtpjw&wide=1[/YOUTUBE]

And now Vishal and Mohit will be working together again in DKDM! I'm sure this will be a nice time for them to catch up on old memories of working together! πŸ˜Š
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
that is great thx for sharing.Excited seeing Hanuman. 
hemavidz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow Aarti thats amazing yet again you proved you're the researcher of this forumπŸ˜‰
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
what😲
mohit not playing hanumanπŸ₯Ί

kk
and vishal is hanuman lets see wat happens

arti nice reasearch

i must tell
dkdm is giving chance to each and every actor to be part of dkdm

i mean itne saare actors ek hi show me
kahan dekhne ko milta hai aisa
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing the videos. The movie looks like a funny one. After seeing Mohit in the clip from Bhabi it looks like there is a strong similarity between fine expensive wine and Mohit...both mature well with age and both are highly sought after.πŸ˜‰
atominis thumbnail
Wow! Arti, you are simply brilliant with research! πŸ‘

"connections" indeed!

How do you manage all this?

Sometimes when I read your connections posts, it feels as if truly things are planned beforehand and whatever we encounter in life makes a connection with us that comes about in future also.

Vishal finally became like Hanuman onscreen!
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Arti..HATS OFF to u for ALWZ finding such interesting connections...πŸ‘
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow!😊 thanks a lot for the videos! Really superb research! πŸ‘

I remember this Bhabi serial - I was in college ...and Mohit too does not look more than 22 πŸ˜ƒ

Even his voice seems different! πŸ˜•

Did he enter that beauty pageant after this serial ? because yahaan to six kya, ek pack bhi shayad nehi hai ! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by doyelpakhi - 10 years ago
SadhanaV thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wow thanks for this find. I don't remember seeing Bhabi at all and Mohit looks so young in this. But he is like wine that just gets better age.  I thought Mohit would play Hanuman but am fine with Vshal .Am looing forward to seeing him as Hanuman. And DKDM is giving a lot of actors to star in one of the best serials ever on TV. I don't think there is any other like DKDM that has so many talented actors working together.
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for your nice compliments, and I am glad that you liked the connections. I am simply the medium getting this information to you, and I'm glad I was able to entertain you in some way. πŸ˜Š

I think the Mohit-Vishal-Hanuman-ji connections are pretty awesome! When I first saw the TOI article about Vishal playing Hanuman then I remembered Bhabhi and Don Muthu Swami straight away and I got the giggles really badly, and just HAD to share this with you guys! πŸ˜ƒ

Regarding Mohit's time in Bhabhi, the episode I posted is one of his early ones and I believe it is from June 2005, which would make Mohit 22 years old at the time. And DMS was filmed in late 2007 (released in 2008), so he would have been 25 then.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing Vishal's entry in DKDM. And all the best to him! 😊