Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: GredandForge

I agree but those actors had work for 1.5 years? They are popular.
So even if the average TRP audience watches a promo with them in it, they might give it a try. 
Later what happens depends on the story. I am just putting the actor's POV here.

no i didn't get the point... i mean who are you talking about????
anyways i am not saying actors dont matter..of course they matter alot.. because i can see how attached people are with surbhi as zoya and karan asa asad...
GoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
Originally posted by: rogerrocks

But they need TRPs to sustain right? Don't you think there might be a dent on Sanaya's prospects of grabbing a nice show after the CC debacle? I mean given IPK's huge success and Sanaya's popularity, am sure she must have been flooded with offers..But now though her online fanbase is still intact, am sure it has affected her career atleast to a certain extent..
About Barun, as you said the TV industry is super fickle man..There is no assurance that he'l grab an awesome show if he decides to make a comeback..Amar was huge back then..His fans went berserk when he decided to quit..But after that, he was no where to be seen..Look at GC..The guy was a rage when Geet was on air..Now his popularity has considerably reduced..The problem is most of these actors have teens as their diehard fans and they are super fickle..They shift from MSK to ASR to AAK in the blink of an eye..All they need is eye candy..So yeah, i don think anyone's career is secure on TV..
Ah its nice to argue😆

yaar i think in male actors  scenario is still better..but in female actors case...its cut throat completion .,PH and channel wants to launch new face with every new show,,,.,now what do you think jenny or sanaya ,jia or anyone else who are experienced popular can grab leads roles in upcoming shows after their current shows..its damn difficult..specially of they dont sustain TRPs
Edited by sujataraje - 10 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sujataraje

anyways i am not saying actors dont matter..of course they matter alot.. because i can see how attached people are with surbhi as zoya and karan asa asad...

Yaar but thats just people like us who analyse the heck out of the show, watch all the offscreen segments and know the full life history of the actors in question😆 My mom doesn't even know Asad is played by KSG and Zoya is played by SJ..She likes QH though..So am sure she'l give it a chance even if the leads are replaced if the story is good😆
GoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
aankho me taare wali behna..aap bas like karengi😆
GoodyTwoShoes thumbnail

Yaar but thats just people like us who analyse the heck out of the show, watch all the offscreen segments and know the full life history of the actors in question😆 My mom doesn't even know Asad is played by KSG and Zoya is played by SJ..She likes QH though..So am sure she'l give it a chance even if the leads are replaced if the story is good😆

yes...thats true...but replacement should be at par..otherwise people tend to lose interest...😆
GredandForge thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

But they need TRPs to sustain right? Don't you think there might be a dent on Sanaya's prospects of grabbing a nice show after the CC debacle? I mean given IPK's huge success and Sanaya's popularity, am sure she must have been flooded with offers..But now though her online fanbase is still intact, am sure it has affected her career atleast to a certain extent..
About Barun, as you said the TV industry is super fickle man..There is no assurance that he'l grab an awesome show if he decides to make a comeback..Amar was huge back then..His fans went berserk when he decided to quit..But after that, he was no where to be seen..Look at GC..The guy was a rage when Geet was on air..Now his popularity has considerably reduced..The problem is most of these actors have teens as their diehard fans and they are super fickle..They shift from MSK to ASR to AAK in the blink of an eye..All they need is eye candy..So yeah, i don think anyone's career is secure on TV..
Ah its nice to argue😆

Yes. But even Debina has managed to find a show. So when your aim is just to find work, the popularity that is there is enough to find work.
Chanchan was a debacle not because of Sanaya, it was the story that was weak. So she still does have a chance. Also, if she gets on Nach then again everyone will forget it.

When its about survival, no one will look for which is awesome. You can start with a weak show and still gain popularity. 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

yaar i think in male actors  scenario is still better..but in female actors case...its cut throat completion .,PH and channel wants to launch new face with every new show,,,.,now what do you think jenny or sanaya ,jia or anyone else who are experienced popular can grab leads roles in upcoming shows after their current shows..its damn difficult..specially of they dont sustain TRPs

This i agree..But thats always been the case in showbiz..SRK can romance DP but Madhuri cannot romance a Sidharth Malhothra😆 Thats how it works..My mom watches PKD and i swear Mansi Parekh is fab..She deserves to be the lead of that show man😆 Oh and i read that Shalini is just four years older than KSG and she is playing his mother..Chauvinism😆
Edited by rogerrocks - 10 years ago
GredandForge thumbnail

I am talking of acting as a job. If you have to live you won't be waiting for someone to offer you the position of CEO right?
GredandForge thumbnail

aankho me taare wali behna..aap bas like karengi😆

Bechaari type karegi to pakdi jaayegi shayad😆
GoodyTwoShoes thumbnail
Originally posted by: GredandForge

Yes. But even Debina has managed to find a show. So when your aim is just to find work, the popularity that is there is enough to find work.
Chanchan was a debacle not because of Sanaya, it was the story that was weak. So she still does have a chance. Also, if she gets on Nach then again everyone will forget it.

When its about survival, no one will look for which is awesome. You can start with a weak show and still gain popularity. 

see like jia did..she just did jeeni aur juju to survive in industry ...i doubt sanaya can do wonders now...she is not a typical bahu type material😆