A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Vishal Kotian as Hanuman in Mahadev
Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Aug 19, 2013, 05.13 PM IST

Vishal Kotian as Hanuman in Mahadev
Vishal Kotian

Mahadev's Ramayan gets its Hanuman!

Vishal Kotian, who last produced Shri Adi Manav, is back to doing what he does best. He will return to acting with the coveted role of Lord Hanuman in Nikhil Sinha's Devon Ka Dev Mahadev.

He has joined the cast along with Piyush Sahdev, who plays Ram, Rubina Dilaik, who plays Seeta and Kunal Verma, who plays Laxman for the Ramayan chapter.

Apparently, a lot of actors were vying for the part including Sara Khan's boyfriend Paras Chabra. Hanuman is a Hindu deity, who was an ardent devotee of Lord Ram. He is a central character in the Indian Epic Ramayana Hanuman participated in Rama's war against the demon king Ravan.

Vishal will start shooting from today. He remained unavailable for comment.
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A-A-S thumbnail
So Mohit Raina and Vishal Kotian will be working together again! 

Click here if you'd like to read about their connections with each other and Lord Hanuman!

Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago
ashna26 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
 Thanks for sharing, so no Mohit. 
kaatayani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
back wid a bang arti...😃

fine then... all of  ppl who thought MR as hanuman wud be disappointed... but nevertheless... there were many who were  not happy wid the idea of MR playin as Hnuman...

I am happy both the ways... as long as the show does well... i will not have any problems..
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
So Mohit is not playing Hanumanji.

So sad...but what about that SBB & SBS segments in which they had told that MR will be Hanuman.???????????😲
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
MR is not gonna play Hanuman?😲😒... Am disappointed,,,

BUT Vishal is a good choice.. Hv seen him in some of the old shows i watched...n hes nice actor..👍🏼...so ONLY coz of tht i am READY to give him one chance... 😊
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: kaatayani

back wid a bang arti...😃

fine then... all of  ppl who thought MR as hanuman wud be disappointed... but nevertheless... there were many who were  not happy wid the idea of MR playin as Hnuman...

I am happy both the ways... as long as the show does well... i will not have any problems..

Just like I didn't want Mouni to be Parvati, I didn't want Mohit to be Hanuman.  Am glad that they've picked someone different
atominis thumbnail
Another miscast actor added in Ramayan track. He lacks the built and physique required for Hanuman. Promos were not impressive. First time seeing such a lean guy as Hanuman. 👎🏼

Good that MR is not playing Hanuman. Never wanted such a good looking man to play a vaanar either.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Maybe they could have looked for a homely bodybuilder, who's really good at acting, to play Hanuman.
A-A-S thumbnail
Originally posted by: Skepblun

Another miscast actor added in Ramayan track. He lacks the built and physique required for Hanuman. Promos were not impressive. First time seeing such a lean guy as Hanuman. 👎🏼

Well, I respectfully disagree with your opinion, Anu. I just watched yesterday's maha-episode online and I think Vishal looks quite well-built! I think he looks fine in the role and is doing well so far, and I don't think he has been miscast. I think he has portrayed the seriousness and restlessness of his character well in his single episode to date!