Why do we consume junk films like Chennai Express? - Page 4

Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: VictorLordJr

At the end of the day it's a cinema hall not a lecture hall

Koi film Kisi ke zindagi Nahin badil sakti πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Cinema sells dreams at the end of the day πŸ˜‰ all they are is dreams

Not all Good film  doesn't mean you need have to  social message.  All I expect a good story, such as kahaani

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The higher grossers tell us stiff too

3 idiots showed us to follow your dreams

Even ETT showed us Pakistan-Indians should get along

YJHD showed us to live life for every moment not

CE taught us to treat women better 😳

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: khoslakadhokla

I'll have to disagree.

Any kind of cinema is a form of escapism, just varying in degree. Yes, a few films, once in a while, do make you think about some issues. But, even then, what you watch in a film does not equate to reality, its fictional story telling in progress. So, that itself becomes our little way to 'escape' reality and allows us to plunge into another world for those 2-3 hours of our time.

Of course. But that's a given though isn't it? All forms of cinema provide escapism, some more or less than others. It's like binging on Greek yogurt versus High calorie ice cream. Who's to say which one is better at what time? Leave it to the consumer.Both satiate appetite to different degrees. Same goes for films. I see nothing wrong with the usage of this term for CE. I have enjoyed junk films myself on various occasions.
Hayaa.m thumbnail
Who is he πŸ€’ there is enough stuff in media to watch out for ..be the news headlines, dramas or documentaries...whatever at the end of the day everyone needs entertainment and thats what dabang, 3 idiots, , barfi, YJYD and now CE has provided ..if the writer doesn't like such like of cinema than better not preach becoz surely that's not the opinion of those who loved such films ..massive viewership through figures does show that atleast. 
mysterieux thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I'll confess i only read the first page of this post...and my reaction was...that the writer was simply comparing masala movies to brilliant movies ...not salman vs shahrukh... its sad that a chennai express made a 100 crore but a ship of thesauras dint...but reality check it did...its movies like dabang, chennai express ...that adds to the delusion  that public maange more and more such are made...as long as people go in to see them..they will be made...but on the other hand there are actors,directors, producers, writers out there... that dare to be different... true to their art... who make movies worth their while and if they find the audience for them... that for them is a battle won and achievement...thats simply how good art has always survived...the  progress for us had been that more such movies are being made and more people have started to appreciate them thats the best thing that can happen.

Edited by mysterieux - 10 years ago
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
LOL this forum is full of SRK fans in denial so deff no one will agree with this article
but "intelligent" films have been made and appreicated
I would watch a IHLS over ship of thesus any day so i dont fully agree with the author
i do agree about the movie being junk though 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: khoslakadhokla

I'll watch what I want...If I'm paying my hard earned money for something, it better do what I paid for! CE promised to be an entertainer, and that's what it was when I went to watch it. You see is what you get is the case with CE, which is all the more reason to leave most of the audience satisfied.

If Bollywood only had serious/intelligent movies, the place will loose its essence and will be nothing but dull and boring  

Quoting this for the picture for future use. πŸ˜†
Che.Guevara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Credit Khosla πŸ‘
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: eeyoretel

Here's a suggestion to all those who do have a fondness for good cinema but can't seem to resist their guilty pleasure movies ' try treating the next blockbuster release like it's an indie film.

Watch the trailers, read the articles written about it and ask yourselves why you want to watch that movie. Judge a film by the story that unfolds on a big screen. Expect actors to act, instead of allowing a leading man to play the the same role he's played repeatedly for decades. Be entertained by intelligent plot twists and don't get manipulated by gimmicks. Basically, try not to approach Bollywood with the mental and emotional constitution of a teaspoon. 

So much gyaan and advise. Let me quote Geet here, "yeh free mein hai? kyunki chillar nahi hai mere paas". πŸ˜† Is this person paying for our movies? If not then please let us decide where to spend our money.
Bhaisaan or behenji, whatever the case may be, not everyone is a critic or blogger sitting and waiting to analyse movies. Most movie goers are common working-class people who get 2 days off in a week, in some cases1 day and they are going to enjoy the weekend. They aren't giving an exam that they'll sit and analyse why to watch a movie bla bla πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: ddds

And where was this writer during Ready,Dabbang 2?

πŸ˜†
hey but I liked readyπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
there were other movies too🀣

uff they always have some problems with shah😑