Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

Well yes a cartoon version...giving a thumbs up sign in between the clips from the movie.

I believe that's what it was πŸ˜†

Haha, yes, it was a condom.πŸ˜†

I have been reading more positive tweets now about Shudh Desi Romance than when it originally releasedπŸ˜›. Maybe people liked the film on DVD cos it didn't cost them much and found the timepass to be worth the moneyπŸ˜†. The ones who spent Rs. 200 each watching it in theatre seem to have absolutely hated it.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
nikitagmc thumbnail

Yes Raghu did go back to Gaytri's doorstep...but ..with his chanchal mann I was left wondering for just how long.You didn't watch the deleted scenes that YRF uploaded? It showed that Gayatri and Raghu are quite happy in their relationship even after two years, Gayatri is more secure and even somewhere contemplating marriage, and Raghu is saying when I understand why people get married I will also get married.πŸ˜†
That I guess made the open ending quite clear. Basically Raghu didn't have problems with relationoships or love, just marriage.

I wasn't quite sure what YRF was trying to promote...πŸ˜•...The message I took home from the movie was that everyone has a different approach and understanding of the relationships in their lives due to different reasons (Gayatri not trusting men easily yet craving for love and falling for men easily, Raghu wanting a partner but having commitment issues since he considers marriages fake) so maybe we shouldn't be so judgemental of them (cos Indian society IS judgemental and this was shown in the movie at many places.) and give them their space and not suffocate them with society's expected protocols, directly or subtly. The movie intended to show the different shades of relationships, and the final message that YOU should define your relationships YOURSELF. You decide when to get married, why to get married, at what stage your relationship is and whether you are ready for that sort of commitment. Don't just go by the society's set protocols, that oh, they like each other so obviously marriage is the next step. It's not always the case, as in Raghu who considered marriage as the obvious 'next step' without releasing he wasn't ready for it. That is the worst thing you can do to anyone including yourself- getting into a commitment when you are not ready for it. It broke hearts several times in the movie. At the end of the movie, both Raghu and Gayatri realised that though they like and need each other, they should go slow with their relationship till they were free of their insecurities, understood and trusted each other to an extent that a legal and social commitment like marriage did not seem scary to them. 

Edited by nikitagmc - 10 years ago
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

No I didn't get a chance to watch the deleted scenes yet.  But the one you mentioned seems important...they should have left it in the movie.

As for your explanation of what the movie was trying to promote...I understood that...but I think you explained it a lot better than they did in the movie. πŸ˜†
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Originally posted by: nikitagmc

Haha, yes, it was a condom.πŸ˜†

I have been reading more positive tweets now about Shudh Desi Romance than when it originally releasedπŸ˜›. Maybe people liked the film on DVD cos it didn't cost them much and found the timepass to be worth the moneyπŸ˜†. The ones who spent Rs. 200 each watching it in theatre seem to have absolutely hated it.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I hope no one hated it because it was quite funny.

But yes...where as I saw Kai Po Che 3 times...I only watched this one once πŸ˜†...But I will watch it again...when I have more free time.  I always find I've missed something that I discover the 2nd time around.
nikitagmc thumbnail

No I didn't get a chance to watch the deleted scenes yet.  But the one you mentioned seems important...they should have left it in the movie.They are uploaded at the yrf youtube channel. Check them out. :)

As for your explanation of what the movie was trying to promote...I understood that...but I think you explained it a lot better than they did in the movie. πŸ˜† I think the movie would have been liked more if these people had actually tried to explain these things directly, through the dialogues of one of the characters, maybe Rishi Kapoor's, rather than being subtle about it? But the critics who gave the movie 4 stars liked the movie for this very reason, that it was not preachy and tried to say everything via the story. I personally feel they should have done a balancing act, they had the characters speaking to the camera anyway. They should have used it to bring out the message behind the movie more clearly.
Also the movie seemed rushed up at points, maybe bcos they didn't have time to show the relationships clearly. Reading the public opinions, I get that most people thought Gayatri and Raghu had a sex-buddies type of relationship, which I don't think is the case. They did have an emotional connect, Gayatri had opened up to Raghu on more than one occasion and he had done the same- spoken about his deepest insecurities to her, and even more than that, when you are sharing a house with someone, doing day to day things like washing clothes, playing carrom, making dinner and having it together (all this was shown in the movie) a sense of (emotional?) dependence seeps through in your life unknowingly. You just get used to that person. That is also one of the reasons why Raghu suddenly forgot Tara when Gayatri came back, it wasn't just about the sex or the kiss but she always meant more to him cos of the moments they had shared together. All this should have been acknowledged by at least one person in the movie when speaking to the camera to make the love story of the leads more clear.

nikitagmc thumbnail

I hope no one hated it because it was quite funny.

But yes...where as I saw Kai Po Che 3 times...I only watched this one once πŸ˜†...But I will watch it again...when I have more free time.  I always find I've missed something that I discover the 2nd time around.

I found it funny too. I found it gripping actually. Lunza and me had gone to watch the show at the same day and almost same time in our respective cities. When we returned, I messaged her excitedly as I had loved the movie and Sushant's work so much, was seriously in seventh heaven over Raghu's adorableness and natural acting. She on the other hand had hated the movie but I was gushing so much that she had no alternative than to quietly go through it all again for my sake.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

I want to watch SDR again, for Sushant's adorableness as well as Raghu-Rishi ji's one liners. I think the best one was after the gulabi song, when Raghu-Tara go all the way, and then in the very next scene when he walks in at Goyal ji's house, Goyal ji welcomes him with "Aa ja mere Kaamdev!"🀣☺️ Such a small scene and yet the whole theatre literally fell of their seats laughing hard. Rishi Ji and Sushant had the best lines in the movie. It amazes me when people say Parineeti was the highlight of the movie and she 'saved' the movie. She is a good actress no doubt and has terrific screen presence but her role was bland in comparison to the other three; to say she saved the movie is an exaggeration IMO- the audience anyway focusses on the story and characters more and not the level of acting, and this time the firebrand/patakha type acting was also not there. Vaani being called the highlight I can understand cos she gave the twist to the story and unlike Raghu and Gaaytri she was sure of what she wanted and didn't irritate the audience. πŸ˜†
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sushant bought a new home and is shifting...πŸ₯³
Ankita Lokhande
Thanks guggs for a lovely Diwali gift ...our new house yeppiieee...thanks a lot frm scotch n my side ...love u muuaahh ..u mean the world 2 me...
Partttyyy timeee

(Credit: Fenil & TB)

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Originally posted by: nikitagmc

I found it funny too. I found it gripping actually. Lunza and me had gone to watch the show at the same day and almost same time in our respective cities. When we returned, I messaged her excitedly as I had loved the movie and Sushant's work so much, was seriously in seventh heaven over Raghu's adorableness and natural acting. She on the other hand had hated the movie but I was gushing so much that she had no alternative than to quietly go through it all again for my sake.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 

I want to watch SDR again, for Sushant's adorableness as well as Raghu-Rishi ji's one liners. I think the best one was after the gulabi song, when Raghu-Tara go all the way, and then in the very next scene when he walks in at Goyal ji's house, Goyal ji welcomes him with "Aa ja mere Kaamdev!"🀣☺️ Such a small scene and yet the whole theatre literally fell of their seats laughing hard. Rishi Ji and Sushant had the best lines in the movie. It amazes me when people say Parineeti was the highlight of the movie and she 'saved' the movie. She is a good actress no doubt and has terrific screen presence but her role was bland in comparison to the other three; to say she saved the movie is an exaggeration IMO- the audience anyway focusses on the story and characters more and not the level of acting, and this time the firebrand/patakha type acting was also not there. Vaani being called the highlight I can understand cos she gave the twist to the story and unlike Raghu and Gaaytri she was sure of what she wanted and didn't irritate the audience. πŸ˜†

Parineeti saving the movie?..People actually said that?  I don't think so...in fact I found her performance quite average.   Must be some die hard fans.  Acting wise...Sushant was the best hands downs...and I'm not just saying that because I'm his fan. 

I loved Rishi Ji and his one liners...πŸ˜†

Okay how come I didn't find Raghu adorable?

I couldn't stand him πŸ€’...everything from his goofy grin to the tone of his voice..just irritated the hell out of me πŸ˜† (this for me is proof that Sushant did a great job of presenting his character)

I know you likened Raghu to Archie once...but ...wait a minute...I just remembered...I never liked Archie either...for his inability to choose Betty πŸ˜³ πŸ˜†
Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anyone have any news about DBB?
nikitagmc thumbnail

Parineeti saving the movie?..People actually said that?  I don't think so...in fact I found her performance quite average.   Must be some die hard fans.  Acting wise...Sushant was the best hands downs...and I'm not just saying that because I'm his fan. Nah she doesn't have many die hard fans, one or two only. The Parineeti saved the movie comments came mostly from those people who don't like Sushant and always pounce at any opportunity to bash him.πŸ˜† I was like πŸ€ͺA few critics also wrote the same, but that was okay bcos they were Pari fans so maybe got swayed away or evaluated purely in terms of acting and not the character itself. Hands down Sushant and Rishi ji had the most entertaining roles. Confused toh teeno hi the.πŸ˜›

I know you likened Raghu to Archie once...but ...wait a minute...I just remembered...I never liked Archie either...for his inability to choose Betty πŸ˜³ πŸ˜† Back in those days I always wanted Archie to choose Betty and regarded Veronica as the villain, but then I started thinking maybe its better that Betty look outside for love cos she is honestly too good in comparison to Archie, let that loser stay with Veronica. This same thing was said after the movie by many people, that accha hua Vani got out of the mess leaving the two confused losers together.πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
A lot of people always feel why guys like Raghu and Archie have women falling for them, and to what extent is it believable? I also used to think so, until I read a nice article about it once, that guys like Archie and Raghu- confused, adorable, man-childs- appeal to a girl's motherly side, they make the girls go 'Awww mera babyyy!! <3' πŸ˜† Even in the film Vaani says 'tum ekdum bacche ho' and we later come to know she had been getting attracted to this baccha all the while.πŸ˜† Maybe there is some truth to this theory after all. Guys love girls who pamper them and girls love pampering them.