Jodha Akbar

India-Forums

Jodha Akbar
Jodha Akbar

Jodha Akbar the movie or JA the serial? (Page 2)

SonaLuvZaSaf IF-Sizzlerz
SonaLuvZaSaf
SonaLuvZaSaf

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:35am | IP Logged
I love both movie n show equally ..

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:42am | IP Logged
Loool I think I'm the only one to actually enjoy the show more than the movie...

I think its cos I expected much more from a Gowariker movie especially after watching Lagaan and Swades...
I felt let down that he'd completely changed the characters of J and A to suit his love story...I expected more 'historically' accurate portrayal of J and A...not his own version of love story...I loved HR and AR though...Day Dreaming

On the contrary I expected NOTHING of Ek's JA...especially after watching few episodes of her MahabharatD'oh...I thought JA'd be as horrendous as mahabharat...so I'm pleasantly surprised with each passing episode...the masala is there...but at least its edible...LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rimi10Autumn_Rose

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lashy

Loool I think I'm the only one to actually enjoy the show more than the movie...

I think its cos I expected much more from a Gowariker movie especially after watching Lagaan and Swades...
I felt let down that he'd completely changed the characters of J and A to suit his love story...I expected more 'historically' accurate portrayal of J and A...not his own version of love story...I loved HR and AR though...Day Dreaming

On the contrary I expected NOTHING of Ek's JA...especially after watching few episodes of her MahabharatD'oh...I thought JA'd be as horrendous as mahabharat...so I'm pleasantly surprised with each passing episode...the masala is there...but at least its edible...LOL

I like the tv show more. One of the major reason is Hritik.. I just don't like his acting at all. He doesn't talk properly. I wasn't surprised that he had a stammering problem. He must have worked really hard though.. 

Plus, the show is more realistic.. It shows more aspects of Akbar's character than the goodie-goodie part.

rimi10lashy

-ambrosia- IF-Sizzlerz
-ambrosia-
-ambrosia-

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:57am | IP Logged
loved the movieEmbarrassed
love the show as well Big smile
movie nd show dono hi mere fav hainHug

lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Loool @ Autumn Rose...I love HR...that's not why I didn't enjoy the movie...its cos of the 'goodie-goodie' 1 woman-man portrayal...loool in comparison, his harem was quite the opposite of RT's current harem ...

I've mentioned elsewhere...I love watching movies/shows on grey characters...which is why I can't seem to connect to Suraj from DABH though he's such a gem of a person...

Edited by lashy - 19 August 2013 at 2:58am

MsCeylonAutumn_Rose

Autumn_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn_Rose
Autumn_Rose

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:00am | IP Logged

Loool @ Autumn Rose...I love HR...that's not why I didn't enjoy the movie...its cos of the 'goodie-goodie' 1 woman-man portrayal...loool in comparison, his harem was quite the opposite of RT's current harem ...

I've mentioned elsewhere...I love watching movies/shows on grey characters...which is why I can't seem to connect to Suraj from DABH though he's such a gem of a person...

I want AR Rahman to compose for the show!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chinuchinu

rimi10 Goldie
rimi10
rimi10

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Well, its not as if I didn't enjoy the movie as HR and AR were at their bestEmbarrassed but now that JA, the serial is being telecasted I think I will go for the showSmile
Off course the first and the foremost reason being Rajat. HR is definitely hotter but Rajat's potrayal is closer to what we imagine as AkbarDay Dreaming. For me HR the superhero is way better than HR the Akbar. 
Also the other reason being the details or the elaborate story for example why did Raja Bharwal ever took the decision to get Jodha married to a Mughal whereas even in modern times inter religion marriages are considered a taboo in most of our society. So it was kind of weird when they showed it in the movie. Again its very unfair for me to compare on these aspects  because the movie was only a  3hours show. 

Edited by rimi10 - 19 August 2013 at 3:03am

Autumn_Roselashy

chinuchinu IF-Sizzlerz
chinuchinu
chinuchinu

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 3:05am | IP Logged

its not RT's harem LOL LOL its akbar's harem LOLWink

means u love shows full of passion n anger Smile

Autumn_Roselashy

Go to top