Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DulceTentacion. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: -Roshan-

Ekta had produced this serial called Kavita that ran for two some months. It was surprising to see Smriti Malhotra Irani in an Ekta project without absolutely any make up on. 

I think people like to watch the typical fightings, drama, good vs evil type of things hence when a new concept is put forth the show ends up becoming a sinking ship. 
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Yea that's the f**ked up part.πŸ˜† I still can't believe how things have moved backwards instead of forward. Indian TV was highly progressive from early to late 90s. It started regressing in the early 2000s. πŸ₯±

Really? Which show is that? All I know of from this forum are shows with women dressed up in garish sarees and jewelry with heavy makeup.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I blame Ekta Kapoor. Dude she basically turned the whole landscape of TV around and then Rajan Shahi made Bidaai and Yeh Rishta...I mean women don't make rotis and clean the house in new, expensive, designer saris, lods of gold and make-up and hair all styled. πŸ˜†

I remember the days when shows like Ahaat, Ayushman, Just Mohabbat, Dil Se Dosti were on in the early 2000s and boy do I miss that genre and realism. Parampara was a family drama too but I don't remember it being so OTT. Damn, there used to be such a great variety. That the one show where the girl gets raped and is preggers but then goes into the coma. That was so progressive for that time period. Or Choodiyan and Heena and Yeh Meri Life Hai. 
--HiNa-- thumbnail
OMG u guys wrote So much  πŸ˜†
and people were saying i reply longπŸ˜†
DulceTentacion. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: MocoCoco

[

I blame Ekta Kapoor. Dude she basically turned the whole landscape of TV around and then Rajan Shahi made Bidaai and Yeh Rishta...I mean women don't make rotis and clean the house in new, expensive, designer saris, lods of gold and make-up and hair all styled. πŸ˜†

I remember the days when shows like Ahaat, Ayushman, Just Mohabbat, Dil Se Dosti were on in the early 2000s and boy do I miss that genre and realism. Parampara was a family drama too but I don't remember it being so OTT. Damn, there used to be such a great variety. That the one show where the girl gets raped and is preggers but then goes into the coma. That was so progressive for that time period. Or Choodiyan and Heena and Yeh Meri Life Hai. 

Memories! Good rationale shows. 
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

Yeah I remember watching the initial episodes. I know it was about two wives who end up moving to the same house after the death of their husband. The camaraderie between the kids and all the fights were interesting.πŸ˜† I didn't follow it through to its end though. So no idea what happened. πŸ˜’

It was one hell of a show at the time. As you said, the camaraderie between the kids was interesting. That is EXACTLY the reason why I was glued to the serial. πŸ˜† I am bad, I know. πŸ˜† I didn't watch it completely myself. I am doing so now - They post two episodes per week on YouTube. πŸ˜ƒ
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Ekta had produced this serial called Kavita that ran for two some months. It was surprising to see Smriti Malhotra Irani in an Ekta project without absolutely any make up on. 

OMG OMG u mentioned my fav song I dont remember how long that show runned but i totlally loved it. Good thing now i found that show on Youtube. So Now i can watch anytime. They also uploaded Kabhi sauthen kabhi saheli. I watch that show too. havent finished the ending lol
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail

It was one hell of a show at the time. As you said, the camaraderie between the kids was interesting. That is EXACTLY the reason why I was glued to the serial. πŸ˜† I am bad, I know. πŸ˜† I didn't watch it completely myself. I am doing so now - They post two episodes per week on YouTube. πŸ˜ƒ

Do you have a link? Plz share with me. πŸ˜†
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
This is so back, now I'm watching kavita. πŸ˜†

It reminds me of the elder days of Kutumb and Kusum...so retro.
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
u watching on youtube rightπŸ˜†
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
yup. saw all 7 episodes that were uploaded. πŸ˜†

Damn! Ram kapoor used to be such a hottie, what happened?!