Name of this TV serial actress - anyone? - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Her name is Prabha Sinha. She acted in the serial Kumkum.
Ahhha! Good old days when women on Indian TV wore jeans and tee just like us normal folks and acted without any histrionics. Kaaahhaaa gaaye woh din.😭

I don't know her name though Roshan although I think she was there in Kutumb as well...the first one. Didn't watch the second one, it was crap.😡
Originally posted by tinku29

Her name is Prabha Sinha. She acted in the serial Kumkum.

Prabha Sinha is the lady who plays her mom. πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Ahhha! Good old days when women on Indian TV wore jeans and tee just like us normal folks and acted without any histrionics. Kaaahhaaa gaaye woh din.😭

I don't know her name though Roshan although I think she was there in Kutumb as well...the first one. Didn't watch the second one, it was crap.😡

I agree! It was also a time when men could watch soaps without being dismissed as womanly or feminine from their female counterparts. πŸ˜† Actors were presented in a realistic fashion - no caked-up make-up, no heavy jewelry, and no pretentiousness. The common man could relate himself to these characters.

Do you remember watching this serial, though? πŸ˜ƒ

Interesting and weirdly, when you think society will progress, it seems to be going backwards in many ways πŸ€” Though i know of only show currently which does portray women wearing jeans and tee. 
Originally posted by DulceTentacion.

Interesting and weirdly, when you think society will progress, it seems to be going backwards in many ways πŸ€” Though i know of only show currently which does portray women wearing jeans and tee. 

Yea that's the f**ked up part.πŸ˜† I still can't believe how things have moved backwards instead of forward. Indian TV was highly progressive from early to late 90s. It started regressing in the early 2000s. πŸ₯±

Really? Which show is that? All I know of from this forum are shows with women dressed up in garish sarees and jewelry with heavy makeup.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
^Watch Jee le jaara in Sony its really good one.
Ekta had produced this serial called Kavita that ran for two some months. It was surprising to see Smriti Malhotra Irani in an Ekta project without absolutely any make up on. 
Originally posted by -Roshan-

Ekta had produced this serial called Kavita that ran for two some months. It was surprising to see Smriti Malhotra Irani in an Ekta project without absolutely any make up on. 

I watched Kavita. Ram Kapoor was actually hot and fit back then. πŸ˜†It was a good show, loosely based on Damini or something...where the maid is raped and Kavita fights for justice. But I think Ekta ruined that one towards the end as well. But yes, that show wasn't a typical Ekta show. Characters dressed up normally and the acting was subtle. 

Originally posted by ddds

^Watch Jee le jaara in Sony its really good one.

Will add to my list. Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by -Roshan-

I agree! It was also a time when men could watch soaps without being dismissed as womanly or feminine from their female counterparts. πŸ˜† Actors were presented in a realistic fashion - no caked-up make-up, no heavy jewelry, and no pretentiousness. The common man could relate himself to these characters. 

Do you remember watching this serial, though? πŸ˜ƒ

Yeah I remember watching the initial episodes. I know it was about two wives who end up moving to the same house after the death of their husband. The camaraderie between the kids and all the fights were interesting.πŸ˜† I didn't follow it through to its end though. So no idea what happened. πŸ˜’

Yea that's the f**ked up part.πŸ˜† I still can't believe how things have moved backwards instead of forward. Indian TV was highly progressive from early to late 90s. It started regressing in the early 2000s. πŸ₯±

Really? Which show is that? All I know of from this forum are shows with women dressed up in garish sarees and jewelry with heavy makeup.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Tell me about it πŸ˜† with all these tv shows portraying OTT dress sense and make up, people wonder as to why people are so backwards. TV shows are very influential, and most people are afraid or can't be arsed experimenting. All the shows revolve round the same concepts. Nothing new or whatsoever. πŸ₯±

Qubool Hai. The female lead is portrayed as a modern muslim girl whose an NRI from USA. The show is kinda boring now though so i wouldn't recommend it to you πŸ˜†