India-Forums

Arjun
Arjun

My 2 cents worth on Sakshi: A letter to CVs

miss_bennet IF-Rockerz
miss_bennet
miss_bennet

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
So, I chose to share my two cents worth on our lovely heroine Sakshi, but it turned out to be an essay.  

Before I begin, let me make this clear- I absolutely adore Sakshi and Arakshi, and want Sakshi's character to stay till the end. I would also like to be a little defensive of her. As I mentioned in another topic yesterday, Sakshi is a reporter and not an investigating officer. Hence, I think it is a little unfair for us to expect her to analyse everything objectively, and solve cases. Her job is to report to people how good (or bad) the ETF is doing their job- not to solve cases. If she chooses to provide her inputs and help solve cases, the ETF should thank her- because it's not her job. Trust me, a journalist helpful to cops is a rare breed to find.LOL 
However, I do not say that her character is marvelous- it has so many flaws, and much room for improvement. I have my own concerns on her character, and Arakshi story in general. Hence I wrote this long letter to the CVs, and posted on the feedbacks thread on the Arjun section on Forum32, and on the FB page. I thought I'd post this here too, in case others have more things to suggest and discuss. I look forward to a healthy discussion. Please refrain from bashing and name calling.

Here is my letter to the cvs:

Dear creators of our favourite cop and his awesome team!

Greetings! Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on the completion of a year of awesomeness, and of course 100 mind blowing episodes. Also, let me convey on behalf of us fans, how happy we are to hear that the show has been given an extension of 6 more months- we only hope that it is extended further. Now, to the point.

As much as I love her, can Sakshi's character be made more substantial? Many of us love her chemistry with Arjun and the rest of ETF, however I know there are many who are not impressed with the way her character has formed. We all love a lively and chirpy young heroine, but the place that she works does demand an ounce of seriousness- no, I am not saying she become all serious and stop smiling- I just want her role to be more defined in ETF. I perfectly understand that it is not her job to solve cases, her job is to report and make public aware of ETF's efforts to protect their city from anti-social elements. But, can we see more of the journalist in her? The least we can expect is for her to carry a notepad and pen, and make some notes now and then during the case. None of us can be blessed with that great a memory, to memorize every little detail of the case and reproduce them into an article at the end of the day, entirely from memory- not even our heroine! Also can we have some evidence that her articles do come in the papers? We would like some clue that her contributions are being appreciated.

Most of us absolutely LOVED Saturday's (Aug 17, 2013) episode. Reason? Our heroine Sakshi was brilliant, and worked in perfect understanding with Arjun (there were no taunts- they worked in good harmony, like professionals) and the rest of the team. Can we see more of that? Also, as a crime reporter, she is bound to have very useful contacts- yes, we have seen her using her 'sources' at times, but we could really do with more of that. And also, can we have her wearing gloves like the rest of the team, while investigating a scene of crime? Seeing her touching wardrobes and what not with bare hands, and the ETF allowing it, at a scene of murder, does not go well with many of us- at least those of us who care about logic in a crime show. If you are in shortage of gloves, I'll be more than happy to courier some (joking ). I just wish you show us that Sakshi is an integral part of ETF- the way I see it now, Sakshi's absence a day won't make much of a difference in the team right now (although it will, to us fans) - please change that scenario.

Now, coming to Sakshi's back story- yes, we know she has one, and none of us have forgotten. Please give us some glimpse into that. Is her past in any twisted way connected to Arjun? (I hope so, because that would justify her extra interest in Arjun) Who is her father, and why is he in the state he is in now? What happened to the rest of her family? What is her 'maksad' behind joining ETF? (It can't be as simple as 'Arjun ki chhutti' now, can it?) We are really curious, you see, and we really want to know all that. {I am stressing on this, so that you guys don't forget this bit- forgive me, I know it's your show and I am not supposed to lecture you on this- BUT, I say this because I have been a very loyal viewer of Geet, and haven't taken kindly to the fact that the hero's long lost brother (Vicky?) was never mentioned again, and had a sex-change operation perhaps and became a sister who appeared out of no where. I don't want something like that happening here.}

Lastly, we all would like more respect and understanding between Arjun and Sakshi. No relationship can thrive without a foundation based on respect & understanding, and of course bharosa aur vishwas, as my erstwhile favourite hero would say. 

As fans of Sakshi, we just want her to be important to the team. You see, it does hurt when your favourite heroine is called silly names by people who are not impressed with her. I really want her character to stay till the end, and people to like and respect her.

The fact that I have written this long an essay spending close to two hours on a Monday morning, should speak of my dedication to the show. I really hope you guys read this, and ponder over my humble feedback- and, if it is not too much to ask for- a reply would be appreciated. 
Wishing the cast and crew all success, and hoping the show runs to complete 1000 marvelous episodes.

Cheers,
HarshuSmile

Edited by miss_bennet - 19 August 2013 at 2:11am

The following 39 member(s) liked the above post:

armanmallikitikathakhwaisheyVirMan505xyzw231chits_70Prettyaish123kirthiii-Rajvi-playagamesweetypie225throughSeharishFatimaAnjali.Mitalprincess_pariDesiiiDivaaall-Farheen-lljia03sarunarshi72kojagoryfan-Siaa-Samaira32eternalashaJo_PinchyKetakeeSakuuprincess2507Santhu.The.Kingfly.highlaila1994Rehana25-Shanzy-Karan.Preetawildiredespicable_mePoohLovereshasrkMrDarcyfanMimi2609

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
I agree Sakshi needs to have more substance. My favourite female on the show is Aisha. The sole reason being I like kick ass chicks! Lol

But jokes aside, Sakshi needs to be seen to be writing articles more, like she did at the start, recapping the day etc...we also need to know what happened to her dad, and a little bit more about Sakshi in general!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

miss_bennet

NSohi13 IF-Rockerz
NSohi13
NSohi13

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
Bang on the post Harshu ... I m agree on each word of this post ... Thank you for spending your time on this post but trust me it is worth reading ... Loved it ... And yes Plz CVs Plz-2 read this post ... We love Arjun ... We love Sakhshi and We love Arakshi ...:)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

eternalashamiss_bennet

Mimi2609 IF-Sizzlerz
Mimi2609
Mimi2609

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Lovely postSmileBig smile
You summarised everything beautifullyEmbarrassed

miss_bennet

miss_bennet IF-Rockerz
miss_bennet
miss_bennet

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

I agree Sakshi needs to have more substance. My favourite female on the show is Aisha. The sole reason being I like kick ass chicks! Lol

But jokes aside, Sakshi needs to be seen to be writing articles more, like she did at the start, recapping the day etc...we also need to know what happened to her dad, and a little bit more about Sakshi in general!

Oh yes, I love Aisha tooSmile

But I do like a share of girliness in err... girlsWinkLOL.

Thanks for replying. BTW, your username suggests we'll get along really well WinkBig smile. Hi5 for being a P&P fan tooLOLBig smile.

MrDarcyfan

miss_bennet IF-Rockerz
miss_bennet
miss_bennet

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by NSohi13

Bang on the post Harshu ... I m agree on each word of this post ... Thank you for spending your time on this post but trust me it is worth reading ... Loved it ... And yes Plz CVs Plz-2 read this post ... We love Arjun ... We love Sakhshi and We love Arakshi ...:)

Thanks NickySmile
miss_bennet IF-Rockerz
miss_bennet
miss_bennet

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tina2603

Lovely postSmileBig smile
You summarised everything beautifullyEmbarrassed
Thank you so much for replyingSmile
Sakuu IF-Dazzler
Sakuu
Sakuu

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
I couldn't agree more, Sakshi is my fav heroine, lekin the way they are portraying her character isn't good enough, especially since 4lions always develops characters so nicely... At least that's what everyone always says. But her character it's like they don't know what to do with it..
hope they get their act straight, so that bashers don't get a chance to say anything
but i did love  Saturdays epi and Sakshi in it :)

miss_bennet

Go to top