Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AdInfinitum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: nikitagmc

Aha welcome!! I swear I wrote out a post on BW forum asking you who you were, and how come we Sushita fans didn't know youπŸ˜†..cos you seemed pretty upto date with videos and Sushita news...wanted to ask whether you were some old Sushita fan who had changed his id. But then I decide to control myself and not scare you away even before you could start fangirling freely with us.πŸ˜†

Hi there! Actually, I am fairly new to all things Sushita. πŸ˜† But I came across some videos of them on twitter and that's how I got hooked. I tend to stay on Bollywood forum most of the time. That's why it took me so long to find PR forum. Can you suggest a site where I can watch PR? I don't get any Indian channels so I haven't watched a lot of PR episodes. I have watched some from when Sushant was on. Him and Ankita have an amazing chemistry. Their real love for each other translated on screen very nicely.

Thank you Anu for the warm welcome. 😊
Edited by SalmanFan - 10 years ago
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Full episodes have been uploaded by zee in HQ quality on youtube!! 
Heres the link to their channel πŸ˜ƒ

Armu4eva thumbnail
  • 6 Sep 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)

NOT SHOWING ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN SOCIETY'

Their film, Shuddh Desi Romance (SDR), hits theatres today. But even before the film's release, the movie's bold theme of live-in relationships has created quite a buzz. 

The three lead actors " Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR), Parineeti Chopra (PC) and Vaani Kapoor (VK) " visited the Hindustan Times office for a quick chat on stardom, movies and changing mindsets in society. This is Parineeti's third film, your second and it marks Vaani's debut in Bollywood. 

What's the state of mind? SSR: We are nervous and excited at the same time because we know we have made a good film and want everybody to watch it.

Parineeti, do you feel like a senior now? PC: No, I am only three films old. So, I can't feel like a senior. And it really doesn't matter if it's your first or second film. Everyone who is in a film today is chosen because of their talent. So they know they have proved themselves. There's so much confidence and commitment, and there's equal motivation.

Vaani, since you are making your debut with a big banner like Yash Raj Films, do you feel relaxed?

VK: Relaxed? I have mixed emotions " I feel nervous, excited, I am happy, but at the same time I feel I will have a nervous breakdown. But relaxed? No, I am not really relaxed.

On stardom and its perils

Parineeti, do you feel like a star?

PC: Why me? No, not at all. Stardom is something that comes after many years. When you are a star, you cannot walk on the roads. And I comfortably walk on the roads.

Do you not get mobbed?

PC: Well, people do recognise me, but I walk on the roads. I still do my grocery shopping. I don't do the boring bhaaji' (vegetable) shopping. But I buy milk and yoghurt myself.

Sushant, do you feel like a star?

SSR: Why do you think so? The perception is the problem. I am trying to (feel like a star), but am not able to. 

But that might happen in a couple of years.

from the time when you were doing TV?

SSR: Initially, people used to call me Manav (his character on the TV show Pavitra Rishta). Now they know me by my name. 

SDR is not a typical Bollywood love story. Didn't you think twice before signing it?

SSR: You don't always think about what audiences will think of the film. You see story and the character and if you can add something to it.

On live-in relationships

Are you open to living in? PC: Sure, if I am in love with a guy and we're both okay with it, but not ready for marriage, and our families are fine with it, then why not?

Vaani, when you took up the film, you were perceived as the second lead. Did you think about it? VK: When Maneesh (director Maneesh Sharma) described the role to me, it never came across as the second lead. Since I don't have an acting background, this is a huge opportunity for me. 

Is it true that you barged into Aditya Chopra's office? VK: No, how can I? How can anybody dare to? I have no connection with him whatsoever. I am not that desperate. 

TV audiences are slightly conservative. Did you think that audience might say when they see the film? SSR: I don't choose a role or do films anticipating what the audience will think.

The theme of live-in relationship has similarities with your life. Did you draw upon similar experiences? SSR: No, the characters and situations are completely, different as is the context. 

As the film is set in a smaller town, did you have a reference point from your own lives? PC: Jaipur isn't a small town. We are showing middle-class society, but not small town. The characters are openminded and belong to the middle class. Jaideep (scriptwriter Jaideep Sahni) and Maneesh did the research. By the time we came into the picture, they had a lot to tell us. 

If you were offered a film that wasn't commercially viable, would you do it? PC: The audience today is so amazing that they can accept films and surprise you. And sometimes, films with commercial elements don't work.

Edited by Armu4eva - 10 years ago
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
nervous and more nervous thank u for all updates
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Shuddh Desi Romance: Movie Review

Posted by: Nabanita
Published: Thursday, September 5, 2013, 17:55 [IST]

Living together in a relationship with one's boyfriend or girlfriend, is still considered a taboo in India. But, in the recent times, we see Bollywood has glamourised the controversial theme of live-ins in India. Today's Bollywood release Shuddh Desi Romance, that features Sushant Singh Rajput, Parineeti Chopra and Vaani Kapoor in the leads, deals with the similar subject of live-in relationships, that portrays the advanced thought procedures of today's young Indian couples, who do not fear from pursuing such forbidden relationships in the society.

Our reviewer is currently watching the movie at the theatre, and we are here to update you with a few interesting tit bits from the flick.

Story:

The movie Shuddh Desi Romance revolves around three major characters- Raghu (Sushant Singh Rajput), Gayatri (Parineeti) and Tara (Vaani Kapoor). The film portrays Raghu's live-in relation with Gayatri and their modern love story, set in a desi heartland. The film is sure to grab a lot of eyeballs for a number of kissing scenes between Raghu and his two women- Gayatri and Tara. The film throws light on the love, attraction and committment issues, that exists in the love triangle.

Performances So Far:

Sushant Singh Rajput retains his boy-next-door charm in Shuddh Desi Romance.Singh plays his part as Raghu quite convincingly. He doesn't disappoint us and is quite effortless. Parineeti Chopra on the other hand, too is quite good, but at times her over-the-top acting doesn't make any sense to the audience. Vaani Kapoor is OK, not bad, but could have done much better.

Verdict so far:

Shuddh Desi Romance is a young crowd puller film, something that the budding Indian couples would love to watch. Though the film deals with a very bold concept, it isn't any hindrance for the viewers, since such taboo concepts have always enticed the Indian filmgoers.

As per my review so far, this one is a good attempt with an impressive plot and storyline. Hopefully, I get to watch something really worth mentioning further.

Stay tuned till the final review. We'll be back soon.

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hmm thank u anu for updates finger crossed
Sahana- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Anu.. till now we have got good review for Sushant, hoping for the Best( finger crossed)😊
ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Tanu & Anu for sharing the articles...
so finally the day has arrived...wishing the best for Sushant & SDR😳
*FingerCrossed*Edited by Sushant_Salman_ - 10 years ago
sushkita931 thumbnail
can anyone tell me why SDR didnt have grand premier like KPC?or i missed itπŸ˜•yash chopra's film but no premier???πŸ˜•
majoni03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: crazyRajputfan

Wishing the #TeamShudhDesiRomance all the very best & here's my intrvw link with #Sushant #Parineeti #VaniKapoor http://soundcloud.com/dibs52/shudh-desi-romance ... :D

πŸ˜†πŸ˜•

Thanks anshi for the linkπŸ€—. yes sushant said they are  getting married in 3 months.
Edited by majoni03 - 10 years ago