Users

Frequent Posters

ishika_sushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Sushant Singh Rajput Takes on Bollywood as Yash Raj Lead

• Rate This  
  •      

After finding stardom with television, actor Sushant Singh Rajput is set to make his mark in Bollywood films with upcoming release "Shuddh Desi Romance."
  • MUMBAI, India

Sushant Singh Rajput is the latest newbie to transition from the small to the big screen. After delivering better than the other boys (Amit Sadh and Rajkumar Yadav) in "Kai Po Che!" in early 2013, he is now the sole leading man of Yash Raj Films' love story with a difference, "Shuddh Desi Romance."

Meeting Rajput at Yash Raj Studios (though he is a bit under the weather due to the frantic promotional spree) finds the actor very happy about working with Yash Raj, and fully geared up for the responsibility of a solo lead in a YRF enterprise.

He never aspired to be in films and it was the package of UTV, Abhishek Kapoor and the script that made him take on his debut film. "I was only auditioned for the role I played in Kai Po Che!,'" he smiles.

"But if given a choice from the three roles, I would do the same role again. I have this inability to express myself in front of several people still, though luckily this does not happen in front of either an audience or the camera. When I quit television, it was to do a filmmaking course abroad," he says.

While actors are actors are actors, Rajput does feel that film actors are bigger than their small-screen counterparts. "There are minor technical differences " on television, there are extreme close-ups, work is fast and when you are on a reality show, everything is live and you are playing yourself," he notes. "You have to convince yourself to prepare and research, and everything works right when the script and co-star are right."

Rajput notes that the problem with television today is content, which is not only illogical but stretched and repetitious. "For an actor, though, it is easy and great money and you can get famous quickly. I quit Pavitra Rishta' because things were getting too monotonous," says the actor.

"Shuddh Desi Romance," he says, is a real, unconventional, quirky and intelligent love story. "You can feel that the characters are one of us. There is no escapism." He refutes the concept that drama and audience gratification are not there when the story is real. "The film is about infatuation and love, conflicts within relationships and societal protocols and hypocrisy," he says. "When real emotions come in, and real issues, there is definitely going to be drama. Here the Western concept of living-in is explored in a romance."

Songs, being unreal, were difficult for him at first. But he soon got into a comfort zone with them. Though Rajput prefers realistic films, heightening emotions in a larger-than-life way is also good as the audience, he concedes, loves such films.

His next two films, Kapoor's "Fitoor" and Dibakar Banerjee's "Byomkesh," are his kind though. Fascinated by the latter film, which has gone on the sets, he says that he was intrigued by Bengal's most famous fictional detective that he plays. "Here is a man who has no secure job. He has a different wiring from all of us," he says. "I am thrilled that Dibakar has chosen me. I personally lay more importance on substantial work rather than commercial success."

Rajput has also found his soul mate in Ankita Lokhande, his "Pavitra Rishta" co-star. However, he is a tad upset about her not being chosen as the heroine of a big forthcoming film. "There are reservations against television actors," he says.

A prestige conquest is Rajkumar Hirani's "Peekay," but he would rather not talk about that role. "I do not know whether I am supposed to reveal anything about the film," he smiles.

Below are other television talents besides Rajput who have played leads in Hindi films:

Aamna Sharif 

Amarr Upadhyay 

Amit Sadh

Anita Hassnandani (Natassha)

Karishma Tanna

Masumeh

Prachi Desai 

Smita Patil (newsreader)

Shah Rukh Khan

Vidya Balan

ishika_sushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Sushant Singh Rajput, Parineeti Chopra will not promote Shuddh Desi Romance in Patna?

Dailybhaskar.com  
Email
Related Tags >>
Shahrukh Khan
Next
1 of 9

Film promotions, these days, are of utmost importance. A movie's publicity is important not only for the concerned production house, but even the film's cast and crew. When Shah Rukh Khan can rake in an unimaginable amount of moolah by promoting his film, why wouldn't the rest of the film industry follow suit? Since SRK was born and brought up in Delhi, the capital city is one his favourite places when it comes to promotions, events, performances and meetings.

Following SRK, SSR too had expressed his desire to promote his film in his native place. SSR who? We mean Sushant Singh Rajput. The current Bollywood hearthrob belongs to Patna, Bihar. Now that he's moved on from television to the big screen, the actor wishes to go back to his birthplace to let all the Patna population know about his roots. 

But looks like Sushant will not be able to promote his film Shuddh Desi Romance there. If rumours are to be believed, one of his female co-stars is to be blamed. Here's the full story:

The latest goss is that Sushant Singh offered to the team of his film that they should visit Patna to promote Shuddh Desi Romance.A much casual conversation was taking place, when one of his co-actors raised an objection stating that the city is not safe for women.

Hence, she might have issues visiting the place.

After all, what are film promotions when one of the main actors is missing.

Hence, so far, the Patna tour is not on the cards for the cast of the movie.We don't know who's safety issues were a concern, but Sushant, insiders reveal, was not too pleased with these objections and issues against his native place.

But he didn't take the argument forward and did not insist his wishes further.The actor maintained dignity and silently kept his wishes to himself. Looks like they are not going to his native place now. One Shuddh Desi gentleman he is!  

Edited by ishika_sushita - 10 years ago
Fen1602 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
MICA @MICA_ahmedabad 2m .
Excited! Join us with the hashtag #ShuddhdesiMICAas we welcome @ParineetiChopra, Sushant Rajput, Vaani Kapoor and @jaideepsahnion campus.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for all the updates guys! Reading about sushita's New home reminded me of the SBS segment of Arman when they got married second time and showed the viewers their new home with its 'open' bathroom' haha. That was such a cute and funny segment- "aai ki aatma hamesha hamare saath hai." ROFL
On a side note, it is a good idea to invest in property in Mumbai. The prices rise like anything- do saal mein cost double!!!!Edited by nikitagmc - 10 years ago
Luvsushanki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanx for sharing all d articles

hope sdr becomes a huge hit.
but u know i m getting nervous.

sushant is luking more ha handsome wid each passing day
Fen1602 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Abha Bakaya @AbhaBakaya 4m And this week on the show a super fun episode with Sushant Singh Rajput and Parineeti Chopra! Bright, talented, and full of masti :) :)
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Ishika for all the articles. 
Interesting read. 👍🏼
RBAA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks guys for all the updates...
mayusushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Tq guys fr all d updates
Soo sad they r nt promoting sdr in patna bt i love d last line of d article sush is shudh desi gentleman

Oh woww sushita bought new home very gud
Oh tb i too love that new home seg
Hw they were doing masti when rpter gave vegtables to anki manav said tumko ye banana aata and hw she reacted " kyun tum khato nai ho mere hath ka " lolzz
mayusushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Ndtv interview was nyc when rpter said bechara to sushant he ws lyk dekha
And that kai po che was very nyc
When do's of first date ask and vaani said be urself and don't do much to impress anyone then sush interfered suddendly no if u r boring then u can give little surprises to impress warna toh tumhara kuch nai hoga

Awww sushie ws remembering his first date with anki i thnk 😛