Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Faridoon Shahryar @iFaridoon

A candid pic from my interview with @ParineetiChopra Sushant Singh Rajput and Vaani Kapoor pic.twitter.com/zsRzknilvm

Hide photo
  •  Retweet 
  •  Favorite 
  •  More
Embedded image permalink
Sahana- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks every one for sharing the Pics n Tweets
he is looking too good
Edited by Sahana- - 10 years ago
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Priyanka Khatri @priyankakhatri

Shuddh desi anchor! @Sushant_FC1 #shuddhdesiromance pic.twitter.com/Y4P6qIPN0J

Hide photo
  •  Retweeted 
  •  Favorited 
  •  More

Priyanka Khatri @priyankakhatri

Shuddh desi interviews! @Sushant_FC1 @ParineetiChopra @shuddhdesiromncpic.twitter.com/uFNRGW6mY5

Hide photo
  •  Retweeted 
  •  Favorited 
  •  More

majoni03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Sushant will be there kya

Shuddh Desi Romance @shuddhdesiromnc

For some Shuddh and desi masti, watch the cast of Shuddh Desi Romance on MASTI at 7:30pm! pic.twitter.com/TCoLh0m1Co

Hide photo
  • Retweet
  • Favorite

Minion23 thumbnail
nahi tanmi only vaani and pari in that one
Minion23 thumbnail
hey shwetaa!!! ðŸ¤— shall we go to sos and continue ðŸ˜‰
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: luvsushita23

hey shwetaa!!! ðŸ¤— shall we go to sos and continue ðŸ˜‰

yes sure
Minion23 thumbnail
Minion23 thumbnail

A face to look out for

HARSHIKAA UDASI
     COMMENT      PRINT      T+  
Sushant Singh Rajput

Sushant Singh Rajput, one of the most sought-after actors in Bollywood, talks about his upcoming Shuddh Desi Romance and other projects

A rank outsider has managed to ruffle feathers in Bollywood. In spite of no recognisable suffix and with a background in television acting (that's a complete no-no in the industry), Sushant Singh Rajput has been standing his ground and how! Beginning with Abhishek Kapoor's Kai Po Che earlier this year, this man bagged projects such as Yash Raj Films' Shuddh Desi Romance and Rajkumar Hirani's PK with Aamir Khan even before the release of his debut film. "I never aspired to be a star so there is no desire to hang on to this so-called stardom," says Sushant despite being one of the most-sought after youngsters in Bollywood. "The reason to do first theatre, then television and films is only to better my acting skills."

It's a little difficult to imagine but Sushant says he has an inability to express himself when not acting! "It's an issue I have been dealing with since childhood. I could never and even now sometimes stress over how to express my feelings. I joined theatre to overcome that. After all, it takes some steel to act in the presence of a live audience. That's what I love best about acting. It allows the boring Sushant within me a chance to play some interesting characters!"

In this week's release Shuddh Desi Romance (September 6), Sushant will be seen with Parineeti Chopra and debutante Vaani Kapoor. "It's not a typical romantic film. The idea is that real romance is not as exciting as it sounds. The film talks about love and infatuation and how the two are quite interchangeable. It shows the dark side of our culture. In our country, anyone who tries to break out of the mould is prone to getting judged in a negative manner. There are issues regarding gender, marriage and live-in relationships and Jaideep Sahni, our writer, has understood and represented these very well. At the same time, it is a quirky, real entertainer," he says.

Incidentally, Sushant is not under the three-film contract that is the norm for most of Yash Raj Films talent. He has one more film on their turf though " Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy. Ask him about this unusual turn, and he laughs, "Oh! We have a 100-film contract. Actually, we have mutually decided that we'll take it on a film-to-film basis. And it's working", he adds.

Besides Dibakar's take on Saradindu Banerjee's extremely popular detective, Sushant is essaying an important role in Rajkumar Hirani's PK and is teaming up once again with mentor Abhishek Kapoor onFitoor, a modern-day adaptation of The Great Gatsby.

Keywords: Sushant Singh Rajput, Shuddh Desi Romance, Sushant's upcoming films, Parineeti Chopra, Bollywood

nikitagmc thumbnail
Aaahhh what an episode!!! I loved everything about it! Not just the SDR team, but the hosts, the comedy, the participation of the judges and Mithun Da in the masti and film promotion, and of course the video!! I was so mad when they showed the co-stars video first  without Ankita's confession in it, I was like how could they edit it!! But then they showed it separately in the end.. awww!! Such a cute declaration!! And I loved how Ankita and Sushant blew kisses to each other at exactly the same moment! That is definitely a part to be avi'd!! I loved it!!
Oh and I was happy to see Sushant sitting with Siddhesh and before leaving also he hugged Siddhesh. Nice to see they are still friends after ZNKD! :D