Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks Tanmi for sharing the SDR poster from BT & pic, thanks anshi & anu for sharing the article😊
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: majoni03

Sushant Singh Rajput And Parineeti Chopra on UTV Stars' Breakfast to Dinner Pic 2

1 out of 0

are they coming on this show too?

Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The Front Row: Pure Indian Romance

Courtesy The Front Row with Anupama Chopra
Parineeti Chopra and Sushant Singh Rajput on the sets of The Front Row with Anupama Chopra.'

On this week's "The Front Row," Bollywood actors, Sushant Singh Rajput and Parineeti Chopra, speak to film critic Anupama Chopra about their new film "Shuddh Desi Romance," how they don't know how to be stars and what to do about becoming a brand in Bollywood. 

Edited excerpts:

Anupama Chopra: First of all, what exactly is a "Shuddh Desi Romance"? [Pure Indian Romance] The opposite of adulterated, Western romance?

Sushant Singh Rajput: It's something very new. Jaideep [Sahni the screenwriter] has done a fabulous job. I think we deliberately design our romantic films in a way that they are kind of escapist. But this is different. We are showing romance as it normally happens, in a very real space, so it's going to be special.

Parineeti Chopra: Every Bollywood film ends on the I love you.' It ends on the hero and heroine coming together and there's a happy wedding.  That's where our film starts from. Once the relationship starts and the boy and girl are now together, what are the everyday comedies that come about in that romance? This film talks about stuff that we don't normally speak [of] in our conservative Indian society and yet we're not being preachy or being brazen either. We're just saying let's talk about the things that we're always been afraid of speaking about. Maneesh [Sharma the director] always calls his film nonconformist' and it's true.  We've done nothing filmey in this film.

Anupama: From the trailers, "Shuddh Desi Romance" seems like a film rooted in a specific time and reality. When you play parts like these, which are close to your real lives in terms of age and plot situations, how much of yourself do you put into it? Do you improvise on set? Did the director Maneesh Sharma rework the characters to fit your personalities?

Mr. Rajput: You can relate to the character and his internal conflicts because we are talking something which is very real to us, so there are some similarities and much dissimilarity.  We accept everything that is similar and we alter everything that's dissimilar and that's our interpretation to it and that's how we play it.

Ms. Chopra: I, for one, had nothing in similar with my character Gayatri. I absolutely had to depend on what Maneesh was looking at and what Jaideep was writing. I knew there were a lot of girls like this that existed in reality.  However, I didn't know any one of them.  I don't understand the things that she does, or their relationship in the film. It's not something that I've seen in my personal life.  But that was the fun of it, when you're not yourself in the film.

Anupama: Sushant, Dibakar Banerjee said in an interview that the reason he cast you in "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy," is because you are one of the few stars who will also be an actor in the years to come.  Is it difficult to be a star actor in Bollywood? Are there too many pressures on you to just be a star?

Mr. Rajput: I can't talk about being a star because I don't understand it. I don't know how to be a star or behave like a star. But yes, acting-wise I genuinely think that there are certain psychological pre-conditions that are required for one to be an actor and I have most of them, like basic sensitivity to human emotions. Your ability to give into another way of thinking or the intellectual ability to understand the texts between the lines. All these things are required, so I can work on that and I can better myself as an actor, but then I don't know how to be a star so I can't aspire to be a star.

Anupama: Parineeti, do you know how to be a star?

Ms. Chopra: No, not at all.  I don't think I am one.  I believe a star is someone who can't walk on the road on his own.  I think Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan can't walk on roads because it's impossible for them.  I definitely want to be a star, because in India and in Bollywood, stardom actually means that more people love you, it's got nothing to do with more money or more power. That is the definition of being successful for me in Bollywood. Maybe it'll take at least ten years.  Till then I'll be an actor.

Anupama: Parineeti, when you were on the show earlier this year, you had said that, "We're in a time and age where we have become brands ourselves who are then used to sell other brands." Sushant, do you agree? Do you think of yourself as a brand?

Mr. Rajput: No, I don't think so.  I never think like that. I never choose my films with this thing in mind that I have to create a certain kind of brand. It's just the script, something in it that stimulates a certain degree of curiosity and then you want to do the film as an actor and you want to explore possibilities. That's the only reason I do films and that's the only reason why I want to be an actor.

Anupama: Parineeti, your journey to stardom has been pretty fantastical  " from working in the Yash Raj [Yash Chopra's entertainment company] marketing department to becoming a Yash Raj heroine. What do you think worked in your favor?

Ms. Chopra: Yes, it's surreal because I'm now part of promotions for my own films, which I used to do for other people's films.  I think it's all to do with destiny somehow. People are just there at the right time, at the right place, somebody spots them and something happens.  If I was still in London and the recession had never happened, acting wouldn't have happened. I came here and Maneesh spotted me, Aditya Chopra spotted me and Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl happened. I'm glad it happened because now when I am on set, I feel Why was I thinking about anything else anyway?'

Edited by luvsushita23 - 10 years ago
ishika_sushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Music review: Shuddh Desi Romance, not feeling the love

Sankhayan Ghosh : Fri Aug 30 2013, 11:01 hrs Small Large Print
Dental Implants Surgery  www.signaturesmiles.Dental Implants at Affordable Price  Lifetime Warranty. MDS Dentist.
 0G +0SU0Reddit0 0
Shuddh Desi Romance title song. (IE Photo) " width="660">The one track that fully shines is the Shuddh Desi Romance title song. (IE Photo)

Given their short but striking filmography till now, it was always an interesting prospect to see how composers Sachin-Jigar gel with a Yash Raj Film.

The album of Shuddh Desi Romance opens with the sights and sounds of Jaipur that lead us into the verses of Tere mere beech kya hain.

Despite a jaded hook, it works because of spirited performances by singers Mohit Chauhan and Sunidhi Chauhan. Just wish there were more lines like Chaddar khaddar ke armaan hai resham key.

A readymade exotica, Gulabi is perhaps the most easily likeable song from the album.

The glossy electronica brings a lounge-like comfort in what is essentially a Bollywood song template, with some folk elements.

The film's quirky quotient is channelised through Chanchal mann ati random.

Despite the composers going all out on the use of Rajasthani folk instruments such as the dholak, sarangi and a swathing electric guitar lead in the middle, it suffers from a mediocre melody line.

The one track that fully shines is the Shuddh Desi Romance title song. It has a simpler tune and arrangement " the opening verses emulate the campy vibes of many a Govinda-Karisma Kapoor '90s Bollywood chartbusters, but its ace is saved up for an impeccably foot-tapping hook line. Delightful oddities such as romance sung as roma-ans, and Benny Dayal's enjoyable singing only enhances the song.

There is some inventive arrangement throughout. On this front, the composers take a leap.

The inclusion of as many as four instrumentals in the album is commendable.

It is a full-fledged showcase for instruments that can create the loveliest of mood pieces, but here, most seem too situational to stand alone, and tracks such as Love in Jaipur, Tez waala attraction , Boyfriend banoge and Bhanwra ma bhatke come and go even before they register.

Only the guitar-harmonium-piano fusion makes Mujhe kiss kar sakte ho stand apart.

Far from an extraordinary album, Shuddh Desi Romance is somewhat disappointing given the young composer duo's ability to surprise us.

ishika_sushita thumbnail

Shuddh Desi Romance song Chanchal mann ati random: This hatke number will hook you!

Thu, August 29, 2013 5:42pm UTC by Namrata Thakker Add first Comment Tags: Chanchal mann ati random, Gulaabi song, Jigar Saraiya, Parineeti Chopra, Sachin Sanghvi, sushant singh rajput, Tere mere beech mein song, Vaani Kapoor
Shudh Desi Romance song Chanchal mann ati random

The makers of film have unveiled yet another song. This time it's a quirky number which will instantly change your mood if you're feeling blue

Chanchal mann ati random from Shuddh Desi Romance starring Sushant Singh Rajput, Parineeti Chopra and newbie Vaani Kapoor is a hatke track and quite entertaining. Lyrics by Jaideep Sahni are especially funny and the music has bit of both " desi and rock beats. It's a catchy number so we won't be surprised if it finds a place in your playlist soon. The highlight of the track is singer Divya Kumar who totally makes this quirky number worth listening to. Also, the video is interesting as Sushant is shown romancing both Ms Chopra and Ms Kapoor and the dishy lad seems to be enjoying it... ofcourse only in the video!

After a whacky Tere mere beech mein and romantic number Gulaabi, we are happy that music composers Jigar Saraiya- Sachin Sanghvi have continued with their streak of naughtiness with Chanchal mann ati random too. So hear the song and get grooving!

ishika_sushita thumbnail

Is Sushant Singh Rajput the new blue-eyed boy of Bollywood?

Fri, August 30, 2013 11:50am UTC by Purva Khole Add first Comment Tags: Ashutosh Gowariker, Charles Dickens, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, Great Expectations, Hrithik Roshan, Katrina Kaif, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, P.K, Priyanka Chopra, Rajkumar Hirani, Shuddh Desi Romance, sushant singh rajput, What's your Rashee?, Yash Raj Films
Sushant Singh Rajput to do a film with Ashutosh Gowariker?

The Kai Po Che! lad has been bagging big films one after the other every since he entered tinseltown

Though Sushant Singh Rajput has had only one movie release " Kai Po Che! " the actor has managed to impress the Bollywood biggies. Right from Yash Raj Films to Rajkumar Hirani, the boy has managed to get a lot of attention.

Our khabroo tells us the Shuddh Desi Romance actor has now been offered Ashutosh Gowariker's next project. The Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey director's next film is apparently a period drama set against the backdrop of the early Mohenjo-daro colonies in the Indian subcontinent. According to earlier reports, Hrithik Roshan was to be part of this film. But now Sushant is in it. Also, Gowariker is quite keen to work with Priyanka Chopra again, since she has been the director's fave since What's Your Rashee?.

So with this development, Sushant has his plate full for the next year or so. The actor will be seen in Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, P.K. and a film opposite Katrina Kaif which is reportedly based on Charles Dickens book Great Expectations.

ishika_sushita thumbnail
OK found this so thought of sharing it here.
Credit to the original uploader.

Edited by ishika_sushita - 10 years ago
RBAA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

RBAA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail