Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

paljay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
After developing Sultans character so nicely, it must be sad for the Writter to write his negative character, and now it will be very very painful to come out of the mess they have made. I feel sorry for the Writter of the show.
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: paljay

After developing Sultans character so nicely, it must be sad for the Writter to write his negative character, and now it will be very very painful to come out of the mess they have made. I feel sorry for the Writter of the show.

I agree Pallavi.  Imagine they must have so many scenes in their minds and all of a sudden they have to put a complete stop to them.

Now all they have to write about is the same old couple. It must be boring for them as it has been for us.
swati1975us thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: chiknichameli07

If this was real life- RK would be so DEAD right now!

BREAKING NEWS: Superisstar RK found dead with daaru ki bottle in his hand!

Daru abusing superstars have not fared well in Bollywood - 

Rajesh Khanna - unlike what some admirers think, the RK in this story is not so much Salman (who has a wee little drinking problem) but more Rajesh Khanna - who had an Everest sized ego and a drinking problem that destroyed him. 

PanjabanJatti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jugliji

Pari I am sooo calm and have ignored this show for the last week.
But I will be forever disappointed that the  CV's ruined a good story line.  But it will be their loss for going backwards rather than be progressive and show something unique.

I totally agree now no hope
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Originally posted by: swati1975us

Daru abusing superstars have not fared well in Bollywood - 

Rajesh Khanna - unlike what some admirers think, the RK in this story is not so much Salman (who has a wee little drinking problem) but more Rajesh Khanna - who had an Everest sized ego and a drinking problem that destroyed him. 

Maybe R.K. was modelled after Rajesh Khanna.  And I never knew why people liked Rajesh Khanna.  Not my favourite. 
snowy72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Maybe R.K. was modelled after Rajesh Khanna.  And I never knew why people liked Rajesh Khanna.  Not my favourite. 

My Mom watches this show and always said that RK was modeled after Rajesh Khanna.  Just as Dimple left him in real life, I hope Madhu gets a brain and leaves RK in reel life!  ðŸ˜†

paljay thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Kapadia is the eldest daughter of Gujarati entrepreneur Chunnibhai Kapadia and Betty, her younger siblings being late actress Simple Kapadia, a sister named Reem and a brother, Munna.[88][89] The family resided on Ghodbunder Road in Santa Cruz, Mumbai, and she studied at St. Joseph's Convent High School.[54][90] Due to her father's wealth and business, she has described her upbringing as "different".[13]

Kapadia married actor Rajesh Khanna six months before the release of her first film,Bobby, in 1973.[7] She then retired from acting for twelve years to raise her two daughters, Twinkle (b. 1974) and Rinke (b. 1977).[7] Reportedly, it was Khanna who "put a ban on her acting career promptly after the marriage," though Kapadia has once noted that "career has always been secondary" to her.[14][22] Kapadia separated from Khanna in April 1982, leaving the house with her two daughters back to her parents.[22] She returned to acting two years later.[7] In a 1985 interview with India Today, she remarked, "The life and happiness in our house came to an end the day I and Rajesh got married." She shared her unhappy marital experience and called their marriage "a farce", noting that it just took her "a hell of a long time to realise that."[22] In 2010, reporter Dinesh Raheja stated that "the bitterness between Rajesh and Dimple washed away", noting that they are seen together at parties and that Dimple campaigned for Khanna's election and also worked in his film Jai Shiv Shankar.[91] Asked in Filmfare whether she would want to marry again, Kapadia replied, "I'm very happy and content. Why do I need to get married again? Once was more than enough."[14

Her daughters also became actresses and retired after settling down. Her elder daughter, Twinkle Khanna, is married to actor Akshay Kumar.[76] As Rajesh Khanna's health began deteriorating in 2012, Kapadia accompanied him throughout his illness until his demise on 18 July 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimple_Kapadia

Edited by paljay - 10 years ago
swati1975us thumbnail

He was completely taken in by his own hype - and surrounded himself with chamchas who never told gave him an honest opinion about his life (exactly like the RK-Bittuji relationship). He married Dimple partly to spite this then girlfriend Anju Mahendru - just like RK was partly motivated by the desire to get even with Dips. 
swati1975us thumbnail
it took Dimple 9 long years to walk out of a crappy marriage with Khanna. Yep, people can stay in bad marriages for a very long time so our Bala still has some years to go ðŸ˜†
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Originally posted by: paljay

Kapadia is the eldest daughter of Gujarati entrepreneur Chunnibhai Kapadia and Betty, her younger siblings being late actress Simple Kapadia, a sister named Reem and a brother, Munna.[88][89] The family resided on Ghodbunder Road in Santa Cruz, Mumbai, and she studied at St. Joseph's Convent High School.[54][90] Due to her father's wealth and business, she has described her upbringing as "different".[13]

Kapadia married actor Rajesh Khanna six months before the release of her first film,Bobby, in 1973.[7] She then retired from acting for twelve years to raise her two daughters, Twinkle (b. 1974) and Rinke (b. 1977).[7] Reportedly, it was Khanna who "put a ban on her acting career promptly after the marriage," though Kapadia has once noted that "career has always been secondary" to her.[14][22] Kapadia separated from Khanna in April 1982, leaving the house with her two daughters back to her parents.[22] She returned to acting two years later.[7] In a 1985 interview with India Today, she remarked, "The life and happiness in our house came to an end the day I and Rajesh got married." She shared her unhappy marital experience and called their marriage "a farce", noting that it just took her "a hell of a long time to realise that."[22] In 2010, reporter Dinesh Raheja stated that "the bitterness between Rajesh and Dimple washed away", noting that they are seen together at parties and that Dimple campaigned for Khanna's election and also worked in his film Jai Shiv Shankar.[91] Asked in Filmfare whether she would want to marry again, Kapadia replied, "I'm very happy and content. Why do I need to get married again? Once was more than enough."[14

Her daughters also became actresses and retired after settling down. Her elder daughter, Twinkle Khanna, is married to actor Akshay Kumar.[76] As Rajesh Khanna's health began deteriorating in 2012, Kapadia accompanied him throughout his illness until his demise on 18 July 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimple_Kapadia

Thanks Pallavi.  Just out of curiosity was there any truth to the fact that Dimple Kapadia was Raj Kapoor and Nargis  daughter.

My sister says that is true because she looks like Nargis.  

I am not so sure.