Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 (Page 137)

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

hi sohara,

i was missing you...

nah, we all gassed about whether our sexy boy manhandled khushi or not. things got pretty hot... guess which side i was on... main kitni biased hoon. LOL but flip through, it's really interesting.

you missed me? really? aww so sweet of you. too much pressure in school. I'm writing 174 and 175 simultaneously in words, will edit and hopefully post tomorrow.

i know you are a bit biased on our sexy boy.Wink but have to read all of your POV before making any comment.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758Katelynsoni19sweetindi52

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sohara

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

anyone seen these?  Barun and Suzanna  22 Yards

thanks Cynthia for sharing.
 Gosh she is not beautiful at all. She looks lot like Urmilla. i don't know why Mitali ghoshal took such a vamp looking actress opposite our good looking man. Barun's co actresses from TV are much better looking than his Bollywood heroine. definitely nobody can beat sanaya's beauty. but i liked Neha a lot who worked with him in DMG-2. Ankita is not bad also, though looked a bit older than Barun. anyway I wish him good luck for his movie.

ah at last someone who has similar feelings. i somehow did not like this girl. don't ask me why. and i am not one of those who believes barun needs only sanaya for the stars to align.  but something about her just doesn't feel ok. yet i do hope the movie works out. funnily enough though i am not fond of ms treasurywallah having seen her in delhi belly, i think mamr will be sort of fine.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758Katelynsohara

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Respect the general consensus to agree to disagree for the ASR discussion and rest it. Just wanted to say that ASR certainly is not venomous which needs to be ejected. If Khushi didn't happen to him, he would have perhaps lived life in his own terms of "Live and let live".

Both of them are flawed and/ or perfect in their own way! 

"Iss pyar me sahi aur galath ka koi matlab nahin.. bas ek cheez ka matlab hai... ki mei hamesha.. hamesha"... and there was n't a single IPK fan's eye that was left dry that day! 

Thank you all!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

viv04cinthiann1758Katelynindi52soharaPutijaChalhov..Anita..

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Thanks ArshiH for reading and commenting.
I really ponder your comments.
I can understand Khushi's ambiguity, as she is very young and a bit crazy as well. But why the Harvard brain is taking too much time to accept his feelings of love. Though he came a long way. 
Sigh when he completely broke the wall of hate and came to the light of love, the cvs put him in the dark world of hate again.

I agree what you said about Anjali. I would love it, if Arnav would make her independent. There are so many FFs have been written where the writers showed Anjali as an independent woman. i wish if it be will shown in sequel-2. but sequel-2 is not a distant dream, but an impossible dream right now.Unhappy

sohara...

In red you think that was hate from my side that was the extreme of HIS love...he has crossed all barriers for this girl...and she knows and what you think she just said for her Di ...no way that is what you see ...it's her extreme side of Love ...

Ppl called it hate marriage ...i call it forced...not because what it seems...it's because they are forced in love to make that hasty decision...and forced by no one but by each other's love...extreme side of love...who couldn't stop him to make her his and her side for not to say no as she takes it  as her RIGHT any way just like him and you know the only time she shattered when on terrace he tells her why did he marry her...and she tells him after coming RM ...yeh haq humain kissi ne bhi nahi diys [no one gave me this right...] and she doesn't stop ...and I found it today...
That day she broke but HOPE comes back and flicker a new angle in her when he gives her that right back...by making her sleep on the bed and he himself on the recliner...

He didn't throw her out as the night of their SR...he showed the concern with anger , tum jab chaho badal nahi saktin..[ you can't change whever you feel like it] ...He tells her openly you can't geny my right on you and your on me...
He is referring to this night when she accepted to marry him 

He showed her the way to him and that's why he couldn't leave her from the airport...he comes back where she assures him she trusts him ...now comes back to epi 174 where she said and accept first time..."yes it matters "...when he comes back and no one knows where he was...

On Airport she repeats it again ...and that right of her on him didn't let him leave...yeah he needed to be  kidnapped so desperately for his movies...Smile

really loved what you said.
 I agree with you completely. definitely it was not a hate marriage, but forced. i mentioned it several times that he married her not to save Anjali's marriage, but to make her of his own. But I was terribly hurt when he threw her out on their wedding night and made her sleep on the cold stone.Just think from the POV of the poor girl, she was not even aware of her guilt. My heart ached, bruised, convulsed for the orphan eighteen years old. so many dreams she weaved for her marriage all shattered in a moment. can you imagine how much it hurted her to get so much acrimony from the man she loved?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758Katelyn

PutijaChalhov IF-Sizzlerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Indi ,Horizon and all did not read the entire heated discussion but sahi aur galat mein nahi janti I see the story the scene the acting the direction whether it hits a cord in me or not if I want to see real life then why watch shows but then the story scenes tracks should not be totally unreasonable for a fiction show. If a hero manhandles a villain does it the difference is felt as the hero wont cross the line while a villain may do so
love underlying hate I always felt here also ASR acting that way with Khushi felt ok and then Khushi being Khushi always gave him back one way or other and publically he seems to have supported her a number of times

Edited by chalhov - 31 August 2013 at 1:05am

Horizoncinthiann1758Katelynsohara

sohara IF-Sizzlerz
sohara
sohara

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

anyone seen these?  Barun and Suzanna  22 Yards

thanks Cynthia for sharing.
 Gosh she is not beautiful at all. She looks lot like Urmilla. i don't know why Mitali ghoshal took such a vamp looking actress opposite our good looking man. Barun's co actresses from TV are much better looking than his Bollywood heroine. definitely nobody can beat sanaya's beauty. but i liked Neha a lot who worked with him in DMG-2. Ankita is not bad also, though looked a bit older than Barun. anyway I wish him good luck for his movie.

ah at last someone who has similar feelings. i somehow did not like this girl. don't ask me why. and i am not one of those who believes barun needs only sanaya for the stars to align.  but something about her just doesn't feel ok. yet i do hope the movie works out. funnily enough though i am not fond of ms treasurywallah having seen her in delhi belly, i think mamr will be sort of fine.

thank god that someone also agrees with me. i can't wish him to work with deepika katrina but i have some actresses in my mind, whom i think will look really good with our man.
shruty hassan is one of my favorite.here she is

cinthiann1758Katelynindi52..Anita..

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 3:38am | IP Logged

Jai Shri Krishna

Mere to Giridhar Gopal, doosro na koyi ... a beautiful Meera bhajan ringing in my ears. Belated Janmashtami wishes to everyone. I did miss the celebrations.

Thank you all for welcoming me back. Achcha laga ye jaankar ke mujhe itna miss kiya gaya tha Wink (Felt good to see that I was missed so much)

Thanks everyone for the congratulatory wishes on my getting the runner up position in the phrase contest. I am glad you all loved the phrase. Larumaji, thanks to you too. But a correction, I was the runner up, not winner as you mentioned. Smile

@Wiwy

Thanks for posting the pictures on my request. Embarrassed Lovely beach pictures. So that's you in Barun's blue. Wink You must have had a gala time out there. Thanks for pm'ing the latest news. I think you did cover all. Smile Amazing find about the green and black colours from wiki. Thanks for bringing it here.

@AD

Marriage alliance, is it? That's interesting news. Ponnu paakka vandangla? What's the update? I wish whoever you do marry keeps you happy and loves you unconditionally. Smile 

@IssK

Still in Goa? Hope you are having fun and relaxing out there. Thanks for the pics. Loved the Holi edit of Khushi. Bright and happy. Smile 

@Ami

Breathtaking edit. Waiting for you to unres. Embarrassed 

@Kate

I see that you've posted some lovely segments and vms. Thanks for the links. Got to see them. Embarrassed

@Anita, @Sohara

Thanks for updating me inspite of being very busy at school. Hope you plan and squeaze out some BFTP time from your busy schedule. All the best for you entrance exams Anita.

@Samin

All the best for your exams too. Do prepare well and read us whenever you want to relax. Let us know once the reports of your daughter's MRI scan are out.

@Arshi, @Anita, @Sohara, @Indi,  

Thanks for the pms with the links to your reviews. Will update the blasters' takes posts soon.

@All

That is some wonderful discussion going on about women on TV, Arnav's mishandling etc. And almost all blasters are participating in the discussion . Feel very very proud that we are having this on the blast. Keep up the good work. Still reading everyone's povs. Hope to join soon.
Big smile 

And some of you made a trip to Doordarshan serials. Those were the golden ones, weren't they? I remember the earliest one I saw was Ye jo hai zindagi, the title song by Kishore Kumar still fresh in my mind. Hum log with Ashok Kumar's gyan and his chan pakaiyya verses, Buniyaad - the epic saga based on partition (It is being shown again on DD nowadays), Bharat Ek khoj - excellent adaptation of Nehruji's book, not easy to portray the whole of Indian history in such a short time, Ramayan and Mahabharat - the classic epics (empty roads during telecast, detailed discussions among all age groups, these gripped the whole nation), Chanakya - it was very well made, Karamchand - the carrot eating detective, and I could go on and on... LOL  

IssK.cinthiann1758Katelyn..Anita..

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 31 August 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Horizon

Respect the general consensus to agree to disagree for the ASR discussion and rest it. Just wanted to say that ASR certainly is not venomous which needs to be ejected. If Khushi didn't happen to him, he would have perhaps lived life in his own terms of "Live and let live".

Both of them are flawed and/ or perfect in their own way! 

"Iss pyar me sahi aur galath ka koi matlab nahin.. bas ek cheez ka matlab hai... ki mei hamesha.. hamesha"... and there was n't a single IPK fan's eye that was left dry that day! 

Thank you all!

thanks for one of the three sequences that almost killed me... the other being, jab tum mere saath hoti ho... and, khushi, tum mujhe sun sakti ho...

heer ranjha was in the middle of a nowhere going part of story, and set up quite thobbily, plus i am not into such things, certainly asr would never do it. yet sanaya became almost ethereal when she came on stage, then barun came and it was as though this is what asr was born to do. terribly good actors can make you feel the soul, the spirit of a character... the part we can't see with the naked eye... i actually wanted to read rumi after that...

just sharing what i wrote on my last crooner post, the day we said goodbye...

"i will never know what was the igniting factor, the clever writing, the searing acting, the consummate direction, the off beat music, which prodded what to do its best, who inspired whom, or was it just meant to be. but it grew to become much greater than the sum of its parts and it just came right out and carried me away.

"yahan na sahi, shayad kahin aur ek duniya hogi, jahan tum aur main kabhi alag nahin honge... jab jo bura kaha uska koi matlab nahin... jab jo bura kiya uska koi matlab nahin... iss pyaar mein sahi aur galat ka koi matlab nahin... bas ek cheez ka matlab hai... ki main.. hamesha.. hamesha... tumse"

just now as i went back to the 3rd april episode to pick up the words that somehow have gotten intertwined with love and are stored in my memory as part of it, i could feel my heart beat change rhythm, moisture back of my eyes, and a terrible yearning. even when i knew the heer ranjha story was plucked out of nowhere and plonked in the middle of a track going nowhere, possibly a desperate bid for numbers, with an unrealistic set up by sweet nani, even then it felt wonderful, i was absorbed, i believed there was that place somewhere where lovers meet never ever to be parted. two young actors in silly costumes plumbing their roles to find how far it can go can sometimes do things that great literature can't."

interestingly, before i went to find this bit, i wrote the part on top... exactly the same thoughts... so they must be true i guess.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HorizonKatelyn

Go to top