Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 - Page 114

Posted: 10 years ago
double post aiya. Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by indi52

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">thanks viv,

yeah i seem to be getting totally lost in these two. this particular bit, that escalating of tension drama attraction was built so interestingly and almost believably... and what acting. can't imagine anyone else doing this really.</font>

Dar kyun rahi ho moment, height of excellence, but so is the rest. Infact all. They had us trapped in a dense dense fog of tender romance.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">
good one, madam.

quickly, my surmise.

i think it wasn't suicide... no woman who was strong of conscience would do such a thing, esp on such a day. that shot of him watching his parents... the extension of the dream, was most unconvincing. he possibly believes it is suicide as do others. but me agatha christie fan, can tell ya daal has big big kala. writers couldn't have settle for that if they were as sharp as they seemed to be. there was return to sheesh mahal or so i felt and a revelation more lethal... involved khushi's parents in some way.</font><font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2"> but we all know what happened to kahani later.

why do you think i'm doggedly writing that involved many timelined tale? hyuk. me bad, me not happy till i see it the way it all looks ok to me. i was told by the writer of this drama dekhna hai toh dekho... i dekhoed... now i will fixia. kaisa plan? </font>

I agree with you Indi. This mother did not kill her herself. There is more to the investigation. We will be the detectives!
Indi Your 174 was incredible. I just can't find words to describe it it's so fabulous . Moving. Dhak Dhak!!!Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER... 

ARSHI"S INDEX   

EPISODE  173-174

Changing Seasons of Relations!!!

Seasons changes and transforms into a new one but not giving one or two slap of its existence .The same is in the relations in our lives .Time comes and goes by with new season ,bringing new attire and meaning along with it by shaping and naming new relations .Epi 173 and 174 is all about shaping new season of relations in IPK for future.

very well said. Season do changes in the course of life. But the impact of previous season is always there. we will sure notice it in IPK as well.

My major grabber... as yesterday if Arnav was so concerned and protective towards his sister ,today he totally put her aside as love is changing and shaping a new season within him as ,"Chote woh woh cheesain karne lag gaye hain jo phele khabi nahin karte thay"[ Chote is doing things which he never did before]...At the same time Anjali who is married and have a hubby but instead of paying attention to her hubby she was crying for her Chote showing way too much concerned about his absencekind a strange...Hmmm...interesting...She never does that when Shyam doesn't respond or call back in his absence of weeks. One thing is clear no matter what kind of change is there, Arnav will always give more importance to Anjali than Khushi even if he has to accept that change forcefully.

I guess Anjali trusted Shyam blindly. So when he used to stay away giving her the excuse of work, she trusted that. As you said Arnav always gives extra importance to Anjali, so when he went out without telling her, she got worried. 

Bromance brought another level of change in season to show that Akash is indeed in love with Payal but its a seasonal color as he can't stand by what he acquires for. His pointing at NK is indicating direction of his Love in upcoming blaming season . Though it seems a funny scene yet left a mark with me.

The biggest change which is not acceptable is from Mamiji side as she does not want to leave her status from DIL to MIL.

Payal who is stubborn in nature is changing her season willingly through sacrificing her true season in front of this experienced , shatir ,player without gripping its feet as this storm will bring a totally new season for her which is not healthy at all.She admits this later to Khushi, "Khushi tum bohat khush kismatho jo tumhain Arnv jaise pati mele" [Khushi ur lucky to have a husband like Arnavji]So typical of our societal picture is shown today which is not willing to change its season for years

correct analysis of Payal's character, never thought like that.

Symbolism and connection: As always # 3... ..Anjali did three SMS...as 3 is a masculine # and shows victory and transformation.Arnav  left the house for two hrs only2 is the # of sexual tension and attraction in between a couple.Connection is Arnav is getting victory over his anxious moves ,making Khushi to accept she cares for him to make her confess and at the top He is gaining success showing his place in Anjali's life which she takes granted in front of her hubby.[Though story was changed and took a new turn but initially that is the pic which is visible]When Arnav goes to Kitchen to his "A" in her hand there are jars..in 2 and 3 rows also.Arnav also mentioned ..."he went for three hrs to finalize the deal" so 3 as a masculine # is coming in the picture strongly to affect the season of ladies...

Khushi's Dhak Dhak is keeping the Spring season around her all the time as she was looking her Natraj in each flower of his garden.👏 She pleads to DM to keep him disappear as he makes her senses go on haywire and all she wants to see just HIM.Anjalis worries for Chote are becoming Khushi's worries now.

Symbolism and connection:My grabber is When Anjali calls Arnav, Phone was disconnected first and then it was ringing but when Khushi calls it's ringing though he doesn't answer .It was never disconnected...hmmm...It shows the connection of Anjali and Arnav will be temporarily on halt in future.She did call him Arnav instead of Chote and dragged him out of her room and gave importance to Shyam on  Arnav and did lie to her brother to save the creep later.

Love Khushi and her innocence..."unse kahain gey kya,What the..."[What will I say to himWhat The]...She breaths in to her ventilator Devi Maya for not listening her wish and dont make him disappear...That song is coming in my head after seeing Khushis conditionfrom Reshma"Hai O Raba nayu lagda Dil mera..."[My heart doesnt confined in any anything]

perfect song for Khushi's state of mind.

Khushis condition is like fish without water,"aap bas wapis aa jaye... humain bohat fikar ho rahi hai...[Come back quichI am worried about you] and that's what he want's to hear. ...and while she is rehearsing her dialogues in deep convulsion"Hum ne jo kaha hamara who matlab nahin thaaap bas was aa jaye hum dil se maafi mangte hai...[I didnt mean what I said..Just come back..I apologize from the bottom of my heart]... Her DM brings her Natraj ...on a speedy delivery with such a mesmerized smile with the meeting notes in the BG score...just killing one...!!!

The meeting score changes into Piano Rabba Ve with Dhak Dhak...which confirms his presence...Both share a look when she starts exercising her right on him that why didn't he tell anyone how,where,when did he go?...He raises his eyebrows with happiness and amusement but while seeing her worried condition ... he stops her with his concerned yet soft voice by using their sparring dialogue,"Kyuon Tumhain kya farak Padta hai mere jane se?"[Why does it matter to u?] She replies in agitation,"haan Farak Padta haihum kitne pareshan hain.".[Yes it matters..I am so worried..] He asks astounded and delightedly in a very soft tone"mere liye...". Khushi in her convulsion state yet loudly,"haan apke liye.."[Yes for you] He pulls the breaks off Khushis bullet train by walking towards her as a predator by interjecting her yet without losing his gazes at her,"Oh really... She realizes her actions while moving backward till she hits the glass tableand denies by stammering with quivering lips,"woh pareshan..hum nahin..Anjaliji"..{worried me no That was Anjaliji]

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Loop is getting a new meaning hereWhen 1st time Arnav asks her"Meri sagaey aaj ho ya saal badtumhain kys Farak padta hai ...Khushi denied that timebut Today when he asks ,she accepted it "Haan Farak padta hai...[yes it matters to me] and later on Airport she will do the same"Farak padta hai kyuonke baat aapki hai...[It matters because its about you]

wow, what a thought, great connection!

He was about to say something when Anjali comes right at the spot worried and cryingMy grabber is Arnav first looks at Khushi with his corner eye and then pay Attention to Anjali but with annoyance...hmmm...interesting

second important thing Khushi does not leave the premises either...She stays there keep watching her Man...Which is not gone unnoticed by Arnav either..and that gives him a chance heating the air around her ears to stop her feet,"sab log mere liye itna pareshan kyuon hain..."[Why is everyone worried about me?].."..acha huwa mein gya pata tou chala mujhe kitna miss kiya jata hai.".[How much Im being missed while I wasnt here] .Khushi flees from there irritatingly after this sweet cue leaving him with his sweet smile trailing her down as always.He got Buajis titliya in his garden for forever.as his satisfied smile spreads bigger on his face while trailing her up.

beautiful metaphor.

Pause here:This scene has its significance,Arnav will never let Khushi out of his sightmay be, ignore her for a while yet his eyes will always stir up for keeping her in his focus.Second, Anjali will always be the reason to divert his focus from his main objective...Khushi,...

amazing again. I absolutely agree with you.

Khushi comes to dinning table and get another nuke attack by the letter "A " in her Mehndi.Amazingly the screen shot captures the owner of this letter right behind the view of her hand...My grabber is Anjali is watching her closely...hmmm...Good news..

the shot indeed was deftly taken. 

Finally Anjali saw that there is sometning fishy between her bro and Khushi.

Other hand Arnav gets worried and astounded hearing Khushis message...He is happy to know how much he matters to her but gets blanched hearing her distressed voice as usually.He never wants her in any convulsive state no matter what..

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS:Since Guest house "Khushi" is his other half.No matter what happened,or comes later he will always be there to bring the smile on her face as her smile is his life.He gets aghast when she says "I am orphan again..."...When she gets disappeared after Pag Phere...when she burns herselfwhen her Amma cuts her phone etc.. all These happen while he tries to hate her...which shows how much deeply he gets affected by her pain.Later What Khushi tells Amma about Arnavji during Preetu wedding in GH ,actually that was all true but he never realized it...

good observation.It's true. Though on the night of diwali he hurted her to the core, but at the same time he fulfilled the duty of a son in law by offering Guptas his help. 

Small but cute scene of Akash and Payal...which gets interrupted by elder ladies and My grabber is He seeks forgiveness in a childish sound and gesture and that tells me he will never have guts to stand up on his feet.👍🏼 Mamiji is using every weapon in her command to make Payal weak psychologically.I don't know why Naniji is not using her ammunition in her case.

He follows her in the Kitchen to ease her pressure by harassing her more...What a charmer he is 😳

Khushi is trying to remove permanent written "A" on her destiny...when the owner himself comes to claim his rights..Her Dhak Dhak speed is faster than Ferrari right now if Makers wants to replace the engine with her heart beat...I think they won't get disappointed...😆

Arnav by mingling his heart beat with her facetiously, Khushi mein tum se baat kar raha hoon...[Khshi I am talking to you].He himself is in unbelievable state to see his luck too kind to him today.He inquires her curiously about her phone call which she completely denies it frivolously. He gets charming with his spell bounded moves to get her in the corner.He takes out his Phone and makes her dumbfounded,"Tou tum itne pareshan thin keh tum ne mujh se maafi mangi..."[So you were so much worried that you have to seek forgiveness].She gives him a perturbed and questioning look like she is asking him,"Why I should be worried about you..." and he takes this his responsibility to make her calm ,"I was ok I didn't get disappear for no reason..." she gets stumbled by his gripping and compelling move but still keeps her feet on the same ground and totally denies his allegations and tells him..."It doesnt matter to me where were you..." Her feet may be firmly catches the ground yet her hand screams at him"A" mister look at me..He grabs her hand firmly by keeping his piercing gazes on her without letting it go for a sec and points at her mehndi,"Agar tumhain farak nahin padta tou yeh kya hai..."[If it doesnt matter to you then what is this]She rebuffs his all theories and insists on having A in her name.

Pause here: Didn't she just said "hum pareshan hain...aapke liye" and all...No wonder why he is so amused by this letter A and couldn't forget it either.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS:During their remarriage Arnav reminds her this while she is getting Mehndi in her hand.As Khushi got mehndi and finishing another ritual with it...Telepathy comes later yet he knows exactly what was she thinking...

NK comes and raises the bar of his anger which didnt go unnoticed by her either and she takes the full advantage of it,She goes with him for sitting besides him.Arnav couldnt let go off her sight smiling with NK.This jealousy is boiling his rage with restlessness.He axcused himself from the dinning table after giving her a threatening look "enough  already..."

Khushi takes a deep breath peacefully as she was hiding her convulsive state behind her extra chatting.She knew his state and his warnings through his eyes but her moment of peace didn't last longer.While Gupta ladies bids bye to Raizadas , Naniji reminds Anjali to give Bangles to Payal which are in Chotes room.Buaji insists Anjali to send Sanka Devi.Anjali assures her not to get scared as he will be busy in his conference call..Khushis feet follow her heartbeat while brain commands to stop em.

Other side Arnav is pacing back and forth trying shaking off Khushis laughing and extra attention to NK.He steps out to Eternal Heaven while his "heaven" knocks his door...

Rest will be resumed in MAHA-Epi...

MOMENT OF THE DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJIyn93AirU

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJIyn93AirU[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx08X7EAmEQ

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx08X7EAmEQ[/YOUTUBE]

superb analysis.
I loved all of your connecting dots; really amazing.
the pics and all the edits are brilliantly done.👏
the blue lines, I loved most and my comments are in purple.

Wiwy, Ina, Indi, Durga, lovely discussion on the mother's suicide angle. Completely agree with you all. In fact the whole suicide thing was taken too casually in our show!!  I too was also of the opinion it just couldn't be a suicide for the kind of values she was shown to have instilled in little Arnav. Honestly, more than Arshi's post marriage romance,  it is becos of or lack there of this track that the "show ran its course" was much non sensical.. a track on which the  male protagonist's character heavily relied upon... and where a normal viewer could see so much scope and potential but full time paid creative heads couldn't?!!!
Originally posted by viv04

Dar kyun rahi ho moment, height of excellence, but so is the rest. Infact all. They had us trapped in a dense dense fog of tender romance.

viv, that dar kyun rahi ho. i thought i'd pass out... a most dense fog it was, and so tender you didn't notice your breath faltering and almost ceasing... enemy action. the creatives knew exactly what they were out to do.

they say that star plus rushed the production house, said they had to get the two married soon as in the mainstream channel marriage is a must, romance can get no more than six months (i am rofling and raising eyebrows at the same time).

well if that pushed everything into the three odd weeks of romance at a suddenly upped romance, skin touching yet sublime, i am so grateful for these tight impossible briefs.

little bloopers apart, (her mehendi was orange one moment, coated with henna the next, of course the sudden switch to galaband in teri meri, and i bet there were many like this), they really worked hard to create pure intoxication. the heart of dhak dhak, which we all seek. about the bloopers, given the crazy scedules and last minute changes, they usually didn't bother me. the core was so gorgeous, i often didn't notice.

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Indi Your 174 was incredible. I just can't find words to describe it it's so fabulous . Moving. Dhak Dhak!!!

thanks, cynthia. me too dhak dhak right through capturing, editing, writing. what an episode. i was thinking of all the major kissing scenes (as i call them) i've seen, and you must understand growing up in india in the sixties and seventies you did not ever never ever see them... not in movies, not in life, in fact, i was convinced only white people kiss (oh you lucky guys), after that when i did start seeing such things in movies, i was in the beginning i bet curious and most into them... but really nowadays, almost nothing makes one dhak dhak.

and here this prelude to the kiss and then that clean, simple, not really visible kiss on the cheek, and a sound. and the mind is leaping with excitement. dhak dhak in your ears.

their first kiss... her first ever. ufff.

thanks for one of the three sequences that almost killed me... the other being, jab tum mere saath hoti ho... and, khushi, tum mujhe sun sakti ho...

heer ranjha was in the middle of a nowhere going part of story, and set up quite thobbily, plus i am not into such things, certainly asr would never do it. yet sanaya became almost ethereal when she came on stage, then barun came and it was as though this is what asr was born to do. terribly good actors can make you feel the soul, the spirit of a character... the part we can't see with the naked eye... i actually wanted to read rumi after that...

just sharing what i wrote on my last crooner post, the day we said goodbye...

"i will never know what was the igniting factor, the clever writing, the searing acting, the consummate direction, the off beat music, which prodded what to do its best, who inspired whom, or was it just meant to be. but it grew to become much greater than the sum of its parts and it just came right out and carried me away.

"yahan na sahi, shayad kahin aur ek duniya hogi, jahan tum aur main kabhi alag nahin honge... jab jo bura kaha uska koi matlab nahin... jab jo bura kiya uska koi matlab nahin... iss pyaar mein sahi aur galat ka koi matlab nahin... bas ek cheez ka matlab hai... ki main.. hamesha.. hamesha... tumse"

just now as i went back to the 3rd april episode to pick up the words that somehow have gotten intertwined with love and are stored in my memory as part of it, i could feel my heart beat change rhythm, moisture back of my eyes, and a terrible yearning. even when i knew the heer ranjha story was plucked out of nowhere and plonked in the middle of a track going nowhere, possibly a desperate bid for numbers, with an unrealistic set up by sweet nani, even then it felt wonderful, i was absorbed,
i believed there was that place somewhere where lovers meet never ever to be parted. two young actors in silly costumes plumbing their roles to find how far it can go can sometimes do things that great literature can't."

interestingly, before i went to find this bit, i wrote the part on top... exactly the same thoughts... so they must be true i guess.

Indi,  Thanks for being on the same page. That underlined ..and the whole interpretation of this out of no where brilliant sequence..👏👏
 this heart tugging sequence in the middle of a total hara- kiri of tracks, it truly felt like that oasis... a perfect 5 min sequence in the hands of totally engrossing actors summed up this whole relationship so beautifully. Couldn't resist a barrage of tears even the other day while watching it just before posting.. (even the farm house scene does the same  to me some how, it is more emotional than intimate!!) such brilliant portrayal. Honestly,  when I heard of the sequence, before the mush ASR entered, I thought that whole stage thing would be totally out of sync with him and wasn't really looking forward to it.. but in the end it became one of the pivotal ones.. kudos!

And, please don't remind me of those goodbyes.. takes back to a few not so memorable days! 
Originally posted by Horizon

Wiwy, Ina, Indi, Durga, lovely discussion on the mother's suicide angle. Completely agree with you all. In fact the whole suicide thing was taken too casually in our show!!  I too was also of the opinion it just couldn't be a suicide for the kind of values she was shown to have instilled in little Arnav. Honestly, more than Arshi's post marriage romance,  it is becos of or lack there of this track that the "show ran its course" was much non sensical.. a track on which the  male protagonist's character heavily relied upon... and where a normal viewer could see so much scope and potential but full time paid creative heads couldn't?!!!

last night i was mulling over asr... his character. and how the performance of that impacted the fortunes of ipk. if he had been any less than what he was, would ipk have mattered? would we have even bothered as to his mom's character and the whys and wherefores of her persona?

actually i think the full time paid writers were given the job of creating a hot young rich dynamic man with a "past" that justifies his mean arrogant heartless mien. i feel they just reached for some easy, standard ideas to make him.

a haveli in an ancient city.

a tragedy.

a mother taken at a young age.

he forever impaired.

gun shot and nightmare.

frozen in time.

a girl appears who will reach his heart and fix him.

quite drama shama if you ask me.

the main story apparently was about the triangle... asr... khushi... shyam, the hubs of the beloved sis.

i wonder if anyone apart from the more instinctive and finer writers in the team (had a feeling ved raj was one of them... don't ask me why) ever gave these nuances much thought. a mother with a "sad" story was needed. a fabulous woman who committed suicide on a visually memorable spectacular night (we need great flashbacks) because of her husband's philandering seemed good enough.

anyway serial writers know, story must be "flexible." these "minor" characters can be pushed in any direction. but i do think there was a vague plan to return to sheesh mahal if serial was on a few months down the line, and resolve the mystery of the haveli (another great hindi phillum masala theme). and at that time, if not to restore maa to a more feasible character, to have the drama of chacha ji and family shenanigans and turn his whole perception of that terrible day, they'd work out a murder.

my thoughts.

of course, she couldn't have killed herself. not.that.night.

anyone with a tinge of conscience can tell you that.😆
and really, if barun hadn't made asr the phenomenon he became, sometimes just with his voice (the same guy whose voice was seen as a bit
of a handicap during baat), would anyone have cared about maa's character?

just mulling.

commercial writing. esp for indian television, is not a pristine wonderful thing... i wonder how many writers give a d. i used to hear of how gul khan is farming out scenes to arbit writers sitting in the us, in india anywhere during the desperate trp seeking days. no idea if all of it was true... just felt murky.

no iman no dharam in this cut throat commerce oriented milieu. if suicide sells, suicide... we know where certain serial makers have taken the story just to get "dum," trp.

we speak of rape. remember ansh of kyonki? so many serials have shown heroes doing terrible things... i remember the sick eve teaser who then became the devoted husband... but his father continued to beat his wife, womanise, kill and remained a favourite "star" of the show. and let's not even talk of the brother.

does anyone really care in the world of soap, if something makes sense or not?

but yes, i do feel, a couple of writers did. only because they are writers.

sorry if shouted too much. maafi.