Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soni19sweet thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Soni love it!  I think the word is pluck not plug.  Congrats on being a Rockerz!!!

sorry not notice did thi right now
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: DurgaS

Completely agree Indi. I believe there is this whole story that was supposed to be discovered where ASR's mother never committed suicide, but was a shrewdly executed murder plan. The past story was something that would have brought the chills and thrills back to the show. But alas, the makers lost interest and decided to let the whole story go just like that. Totally disappointed that his mother never got justice, just as Khushi's father's cause of plight too wasn't revealed. Towards the end lot of issues were left hanging loose.

@ ina @indi @ durgey
Okay! Thanks for directing me to the other angle...murder...conspiracy...maybe for the Malik fortune! 
Ina thanks for the mention of FF by charlotte!Will try to read. Right till the end this part of the story seemed so illogical!
Indi you agatha christie fan? Me too. Have collected all her work. Your planwa is great! Waiting for it to unfold!
Durgey its indeed sad that the makers lost interest in ipk and did not work on the past angle.
@ Issk! You are excused this time. I don't want you to enter tbe phase of saansey ruk jayegi for this convo. Save it up for the man you are likely to meet on the plane! Just make sure he doesn't get kidnapped again. Better still leave him in my safe custody. Okay?
soni19sweet thumbnail
wow finally completed all post here
now time to take breath 
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: indi52

episode 173

"kiske naam ka akshar likhwana hai?" the letter of whose name, asks the mehendi maker of khushi

"arnav ji ka?" khushi reacts to the saree clad nk and akash's claim that this whole idea was asr's.

Beautiful confusion... maradona like i feel like saying, "hand of god,"

whatever it was, this mistake is the finest kind of aphrodisiac that will take two people all the way to arousal and an act. mehendi definitely will bring colour. and leave us in a bit of a state, trying to hold on to the hue, hoping it never fades. 
amazing interpretation!

compliments to writers... how perfectly a desired end point was reached without anything seeming forced or laboured. that "a" needed to reach that palm. how terrifically erotic it made the play of two hands in water, the conversation in a kitchen, and the feelings a girl is trying hard to hide... it made a predator hungry for his prey, the prey quiver for her killer... a simple "a" and look what it set off. 👏👏👏

not by chance i think someone's name begins with aleph, alpha, the hindi "uh," the first letter.

just realised his name begins with the first hindi vowel "uh" of "uh aa e ee" and hers with the first consonant "kuh" as in "kuh khu guh ghu". all "u"s pronounced as in "u" in "but." okay, she is technically a khu, but it still begins on the k sound... somehow when asr says her name, i always hear the "k" for an instant till it opens out to "kh."

so he begins the sacred vowel sounds. aum, the ancient pure word for the eternal, begins with, guess what, "a" of course.

and she begins the consonants that give body/frame to words.
here's a bit on "a" from wiki:

Alpha (uppercase ', lowercase ; Greek: lpha) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 1. It was derived from the Phoenician letter aleph Aleph. Letters that arose from alpha include the Latin A and the Cyrillic letter .

In English, the noun "alpha" is used as a synonym for "beginning", or "first" (in a series), reflecting its Greek roots.[1]

i learn "kappa" or k in the greek alphabet is the tenth letter with a value of 20... derived from the phoenician "kaph," then i read something that makes me smile, so i share:
  • In differential geometry, the curvature of a curve is given by .
  • In physics, the torsional constant of an oscillator is given by as well as Einstein constant of gravitation.
curvature, gravitation, thank g for science otherwise how would we understand love 😆 😆

"a," aleph, alpha, hindi/sanskrit "uh" are dense with meaning and essence... will mention just the hebrew one. emet, which means truth and is mentioned by some sages when they say "the seal of god is truth," begins with "aleph." 
of course there's esoteric thought there and a play with letters and ideas i am not too clear about.

arnav i am guessing begins with the same letter. of course, there is the "i am the alpha and the omega..." of christian theology, and more. "a" i have a feeling was not there by chance. even if you look at no reference... "a" is always the first, the beginning. and that is thrilling enough.
great to know. 

when nani ji commands that arnav bitwa be sent downstairs for this rule breaking idea, khushi is in palpitations immediately...
"
hey devi maiyaa hame phir se unki shakl nahin dekhni... hamari dhadkan bad jaygi..." hey dm, i don't want to see his face again, my breath will quicken...

so khushi does know what asr does to her, and it is exciting: heady, crazy, almost forbidden... and she loves it yet it catapults her into a mess. because maybe, she in her safety and stability idealising middle class world has never heard of such tumultuous feelings for a man.

there is no reference to this. just as asr has no real way of knowing love since he has banished it at a young age, so does khushi, who has some idea of love, not have any notion of this electric, invasive, untramelled sensation that rides through her at the mere mention of his name, and of course when she sees him. 
but Khushis knows lot about love and relationship. As she is not experienced in love the feelings seems alien to her. 

that it is part of love... she is still to know perhaps.

at this point it is a sensation. one she feels she has to somehow contrtol... that is why he makes her so "pareshan." poor girl, i do feel for her, imagine being hunted by that man and completely in his thrall.

her vision is of an edifying love with taarey/stars falling in her anchal, his face appearing everywhere, but this uncontrollable dhakdhak... the feeling with a license to roam everywhere, all over her body and spirit and thought (does anyone remember a godrej crowning glory soap ad with dimple saying uses it "just all over my body," sorry thought popped up, felt a bit khushi like vis a vis this feeling of hers) ... this feeling unnerves her, a frenetic edge to it.

what a lovely stage to be in.
oh yeah!

"chhote ko ho kya gya..." what's happened to chhotey these days, wonders anjali, doing things he never did.

funny part of course is that he didn't do what everyone thought he did, yet he does indeed do things he never would earlier. like that dance... anjali is wondering... hopefully this will help her connect dots.

the episode really played up a state of mind. of a lover in the grip of  a feeling... almost in a tango with it really. how it made her twirl through fear worry panic, leap into frenzy, gaze into her emotion, embrace it finally, and talk incessantly to her goddess, her friend, her own hidden recessed self constantly. who was dm really, i have often wondered. 
beautiful description of Khushi's state of mind.

asr was never there physically yet always there, in her thoughts, her sensations, her furrowed brow, her chatter with dm, her looking around, her catching di's worry, her questions, her desperate calls, her pacing, her feeling terrible that what she said about praying to dm so that she doesn't have to see his shakl may have come true.

arnav is nowhere to be found...

now kkg is really worried.

"chhotey kabhi aisa nahin karte akhir wo gaye kahan?" chhotey never does this, where has he gone? di is reaching panic. di is like this when it comes to her bro... and husband.

but khushi is slowly getting worried the way a family member does... in fact, as the minutes pass, her emotions reach a turmoil that feels even higher than di's. i loved this "confession" writers opted for. no one ever says the word, but if this is not love, what is.

kkg paces.

akhir woh hai kahan? where is he, wails di.

and khushi recalls her "pareshan" dialogue, she had prayed to dm that...

"par humne toh aise hi kah diya tha..." but i said it just like that... what a supreme kkg moment. she didn't mean it. looking at him looking so gorgeous at the door step, dripping with asr sexiness and those invisible killing pheromones, his "hi" almost doing her in, and all the dhakdhaks from the night before, she'd just shot back at him in defence... she didn't mean it, oh goddess, please don't take her seriously.

"hey dm, ye bewakoofi mei humne jo maga aapne woh iccha poorie toh nahin kar di?" hey dm, in my foolishness what i asked for, you didn't fulfill that wish, did you?

the parallel play of manorama trying to hold on to her place, grabbing mehendi wali, saree, jewellery, being nasty and childish as h carries on. really this mother in law/daughter in law thing is always tricky. whether you're as basic as mano or sophisticated, well educated, and 
mami's behavior was mean, shallow and childish. never can imagine an elderly woman can behave so nasty!

2 hours have passed... nani is asking for patience.. di is crying.. khushi is talking to him in her mind.

she can't take it any more. why isn't he picking up his phone... but even if he did, what would she tell him? what the?

she is so immersed in this, even payal's worried face and mano's tantrums can't take her away from it for too long. she has to has to reach him.

missing her pareshan man.

"nahin nahin hume janna bahut zaroori hai," no no it's very important that i know what's with him.

then another lovely khushi moment...

but why? i only told him to go away... beautiful little pause... all the feelings you can't put in words there... these are the signs of a feeling we call love. specific things in it. specific tremors, apprehensions, graspings, longings.

"pata nahin aap kahan"... come back... i am worried... dm, don't make my words come true...

"dial kiya gaya number iss waqt maujood nahin hai," the dialled number is not available...

again pace.

if he's not picking up the phone why am i so worried... hey dm, i just want that he should be ok, that's all...
conflicting thoughts around one clear emotion.

but if he should reply... what will i say?

"kehna kya hai... maafi mang lenge... hum dil se maafi maangte hain."

dil se maafi, ask forgiveness from the heart.
and she comes to her heart finally, bringing her feelings from all the places they've run amok in to the centre of it all, their right place, their rightful place. the heart. where only one person sits, reigns really, now.
And Khushi always listens to her heart. she hardly thinks from her mind. ASR has become a permanent resident of her heart long ago. But she is scared to accept.

and it is not by chance again, i am sure that he appears at that precise moment. she senses him, and turns. she can always sense him now... just that in the dressing room her nerves were so frazzled, they thought he was jiji, really kkg, your writers did know you well.
writers might phorgetia.😆

there he stands. that expression on his face. i thought my heart would stop beating. really what was that look. again a hunger, a terrible need, a stillness that intensifies it all. then it turned to something else. but that look... where was that from asr, and why?
hayiii, your description just made me dead. after a long 20 minutes when he appeared with his yummy thobda, my heart pounded more erratically than Khushi.

thoroughly enjoyed reading.
your analysis is always special, help me penetrate more of ASR-Khushi's relationship.
your interpretation and cognition was amazing as usual.
 loved the lines in bold.
 my comments are in blue.
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
sohara,

thanks for reading 173 and your words. glad you feel you gain something from these lengthy thingies of mine... there must always be some profit when we give so much time, what say. i loved your comments. my state pretty bad too when he gave darshan at the end of the long episode. but he was good and made up for it all in 174... almost always there... killed me. still trying to find the words to express... 4 days now.  🤣

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

sohara,

thanks for reading 173 and your words. glad you feel you gain something from these lengthy thingies of mine... there must always be some profit when we give so much time, what say. i loved your comments. my state pretty bad too when he gave darshan at the end of the long episode. but he was good and made up for it all in 174... almost always there... killed me. still trying to find the words to express... 4 days now.  🤣

I can understand your situation. My state is not also so good after watching 174. His smoldering eyes murky with passion and his deep sexy voice kept me occupied since I watched the episode.
 You have been thinking for last 4 day to write 174! Oh Gosh then 174 will kill us for sure.
looking forward to read it.

Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..Anita..

Episode 171 

Mami takes Mama ji to other side by the food and Mama asks why she brought him here because it is not dinner time and she tells him to do an investigation because she thinks that the Gupta family would have mix something in Arnav drink (Uh Arnav has been acting out of character ever since he saw Khushi so this should not be like WOW; but only Khushi sees this side of him so I guess for them it is WHAT THE) 😆 also and he says that she has gone crazy. Then the light bulb flickers in his head and he asks what does she mean by also and he asks if she mixed something in the Gupta's drinks.  She reveals that she mixed in something in Bua ji's juice and she happens to be in the background is listening to this confession (I guess hearing Mami ji is an easy thing since she talks so loud but seriously people in this drama have a bionic ear). Mama ji said how can she do that but did not bother to scold her because he knows it is a gone case (No wonder she is the way she is, no one never stopped her from doing mean and rude things, they thing it is her nature). Bua ji goes to a corner and takes out her small bag from her lehenga (I know she does not wear a sari but idk what she wears).

she wears saree, but she keeps her pallu in front.

Khushi says "She does not understand what happened, she did not expect the Laad Governor to dance and that too with her. What does he think of himself? I am not affected by him."Without know who she is talking too, she says "She does not know why it happened." She turns around to see Arnav leaning against the door with his sexy smirk. She drops her lehenga. Arnav goes to her and  asks her "If you are not affected why did you stop."She says "You" and he answers her back by saying "Yes me." He further adds "Why are you scared of me, I will not eat you up."Arnav starts moving closer to her and Khushi starts moving back. As, Khushi hits the dressing table, Arnav asks her "Why are you moving back" Khushi responds by saying "Because you keep coming forward."(Arnav at this point is quite satisfied that he affects her just like she affects him).  Arnav wanting to torture Khushi more sweet torture says "Are you going to say thank you because he did not dance on her instructions but he danced with her her." Khushi is in awe, she does not know what to say next. Her brain is now mush being in close proximity with him.

credit to the maker

Bua ji goes to Mami and asks her what she thought about the sangeet winner. Bua ji adds that who will be capable of winning will only win and winning and losing go hand in hand. Before that they need to shake hand and both of them shake hand (that is just shocking that they were civil with each other, you know Bua ji did something to her). Bua ji tells her that there is something on her face and she touches her face with the hand she shook Bua ji's hand and a black mark appears on her face. Bua ji then tells her there is something on the other side as well, Mami touches her faces and again the other side is now black. Mami asks her if she needs to do touch up with cream and powder and Bua ji tells her that she is beautiful and she leaves. Mami says out loud that she is beautiful and  Mama comes there. Mama freaks out and tells her that there is black stuff on her face. He tells her to look at a mirror and she looks into the mirror. She screams loudly. Mama tells her to be quiet because there are guests here.

the scene was hilarious. bua's revenge was fun to watch. poor mami! her makepia got spoiled.

credit to the maker

Mami leaves to fix her face. Bua ji comes and is like revenge is sweet.

credit to the maker

Khushi says "Thank you." Arnav tells hers her "Not to waste time and come down fast." He leaves and Khushi's acidity and Dhak Dhak comes back. Right at that moment Arnav comes back and opens her hair. He tells her "Now it's okay and this color does not look that bad on you." Arnav leaves the room with a micheavious smile. Khushi is just in shock, these Dhak Dhak and acidity is getting to her.

credit to the maker

Payal goes to Anjali, who is very impatient lately (maybe she is hungry) and tells her that Khushi will be coming down after she changes her clothes. Khushi arrives (again she did that hair style, it was so much better before) and Payal questions her if she is okay, Khushi shakes her head yeah.

credit to the maker

Arnav is looking at her and she also looks at him nervously and he isharas that her earring is missing. Khushi touches her ears and realizes what he meant. 

credit to the maker

Shyam is seeing this silent exchange and is getting jealous (flaring nostril and twitching, if looks can kill Arnav is a goner). Then Anjali announces that the star performer is here, so it's now time to declare the winner. Anjali tells everyone to clap for her Chotey and Khushi ji. All the family members are clapping except Mami because she is mad that she lost to Khoon Baari Taang's family and tries to stop Mama ji from clapping but he does not listen. Khushi is declared the winner. Khushi goes up on stage to get the Natraj murti (I loved how as she was going up on stage he looked at Arnav the entire time, like she was silently thanking him for this win). Arnav is happy because of Khushi's win (I loved how Arnav forgot out winning and losing and the only thing that mattered was her happiness).It was definitely a sweet moment of newly built feelings between them. Bua ji isharas to Mami that see it was them who won. Mami is upset. Arnav is drooling at Khushi and Khushi is looking at Arnav.

Khushi is in her room is sitting in front of devi maiyya and natraj murti (I love how she puts them side by side) and remembering the Teri Meri dance when Arnav was close to her. Payal comes and says she believed that today she will be happy and Khushi is lost in Arnav dream land (don't blame her; I am there all the time). Payal asks her what the reason if for her sudden change in behavior and asks her if there is any problem. Khushi is like why do you ask and Payal lifts her hand that is holding a jalebi. Khushi is like OH NO I am caught and makes an excuse. She said that "She did not get to thank anyone on stage." She starts thanking everyone saying "I would like to thank Payal for agreeing to Akash ji's proposal. I would like to thank Mami ji for giving permission to the married. Thank you Nani ji, Mama ji, Anjali ji, Akash ji." She pauses and thanks "Laxmi and Hari Prakash ji."Payal hold her ears and said "Sorry for interrupting but you forgot one name." (She did not thank Shyam either, you can see that she does not think highly of him. I mean how can you after knowing his truth).

The workers are cleaning up the RM and Arnav walks down to check on things. He gets a flashback of him and Khushi together (Teri Meri dance and the Earring scene). HP comes up to him and asks if he can tell the workers to leave because they finished everything. Arnav lightly shakes his head (he was so lost in Khushi land that he did not know what HP was asking. I think he just said yes to make him leave)and HP is gone. He opens his fist and looks at her earring lost in thought (how did he get her earring, wished they showed that. Now he has a new addition to his Khushi box).

Like Arnav radar, Arnav detector also finds Khushi's stuff.😆

Payal tells Khushi that she forgot to thank Arnav and Khushi says that "She did not need his help and she does not want to thank him." (okay I love how Payal is always the first one to praise Arnav in every situation. She does not even Praise Akash as much as she Praises Arnav. She knows Arnav is a great guy and trying to tell Khushi to accept him). She tells Payal to sleep (Sometimes I forget who is older). Khushi says that she will come after she puts up the jalebi and she instead takes natraj murti leaving the jalebi on the table. In kitchen she realizes what she brought and alone she says that "She was telling a lie to Payal and if he was not there than she would not have won. She knows that there was no need of him to help her." and she says "Thanks" and soon her Dhak Dhak appears (I love how she brought the Natraj murti instead it was like she unconsciously wanted to thank Arnav holding the statue like she did for everyone else).

nice thought.

While Anjali is fast asleep, Shyam gets up quietly, checking if Anjali does not randomly gets up. He takes out the scorpion box and puts it on the bed near Anjali.  He goes and sits on a recliner and after some time he notices there was no reaction. He walks to the bed and tries to find scorpion. He realizes that the scorpion is on his back and he starts freaking out (Karma is a *****, even Devi Maiya wants him to suffer for his deed) 👏 which wakes Anjali up and when she sees scorpion. She goes to him scared and removes the scorpion from his back and scorpion runs away from there going to the poolside leaving a scared AnjAm (seriously Anjali loves her Husband a lot she was willing to get bitten by a scorpion to protect him, he does not deserve her). Will the scorpion make another surprise appearance??? Will Shyam think of another plan to kill Anjali???

really that creep doesn't deserve such unconditional love.

enjoyed your take and lovely gifs.
loved the lines in red and my comments are in blue.
indi52 thumbnail

the intimacy of this frame has me riveted. so very very close to each other they are really, she seems to yearn to be near him, he's reaching out and in for her sake, he's ready to go far and deep into this whole thing... no holding back.

once is happenstance. twice is coincidence. three times, it's enemy action.
~~~ auric goldfinger, goldfinger, ian fleming~~~

episode 174

what do you do if the enemy is really powerful? in fact, a confounding four letter word that refuses to go away... "kitni koshish ki maine." love, pyar, call it what you will, it was in action mode and its two victims, though they fought valiantly, were really no match for its fire power.

going down with them was a viewer not known for her resilience against such assault.

the strategy by creatives was equally brutal.

after having asr dance, prey and flirt for three killer episodes, causing dhak dhaks across the world to escalate, just when you thought you couldn't take it any more, they threw us into an asr deprivation tank on thursday, episode 173.

only in the last couple of seconds he appeared, an insanity inducing intensity about him.

then came friday and 174. on deprived sensory organs were charged three rounds of utterly asr and extreme action between him and khushi. you gasped, you writhed, you held up your arms to defend yourself, then finally succumbing to superior might, you fell flat and wondered how the h am i going to write about this.

you spent four days figuring out how not to write a book on it. elegance... elegance, write a pithy one said your finer sense, your gross one said, forget it, just go for it, hon. so, here's going for it...

come back, please come back, she'd prayed. i say sorry from my heart, she'd averred. and the moment it went all the way to the heart, seemed he had to appear. she sensed him in her dak dhaks, before she turned and tyhere he stood, before that cardboard cut out tree, more real than flesh and blood has ever been on tv.

dhak dhak dhak dhak.

music in, soft, measured, a flow of feelings, by the most significant body of water in ipk.

water was always a strong presence in this narrative. arnav the ocean, scattering pearls the harvest of deep waters, the sense of a turbulent ocean and its calming holding shore, and of course, the magical pool by the bedroom. we never cared about its obvious lack of size and depth, we saw them by that tiny tank of aitch-two-oh and we experienced untold highs.

and now by that pool started the drama of ocean and shore, ebb and flow. khushi, absolutely tired by her worry, tense as anything, completely forgot to hide her feelings. oh she needed him badly alright. just that perhaps being the middle class girl she was, reared with the idea of what kind of men one could like and how much feeling was a decent amount to have for such "good" men, she just didn't know how to glean that she had lots of feelings for this sort of bad man, in fact her feelings were way more than what her world prescribed as safe and sound.

a lot has been said about what she did for asr, but perhaps not enough about what he did for her. why he was as essential to her. how he released her. how he made her feel more. in that first "aap?!" from her, with a frown and an aggression, in that feeling that she had the right to speak to him as she pleased... maybe there's a clue.

a matter of haq. how many people on this earth can we speak to with a complete sense of right over them? maybe for khushi ultimately there was just this one man. no relationship by birth or society, not even supposedly do they like each other, yet always, from that second meeting onward, she spoke to him as she pleased, said what she had to, often in a way she'd speak to no one else on earth. he was rough, rude, even wrong... he dragged her, tore her dori, insulted her at the drop of a hat. yet something in him seemed to reach her.

she didn't back off, something in her wanted to go near. was it just a fascination of the moth for the flame, or was it something else. was there a sense of coming home... at last someone to call entirely and absolutely her own.

look at how angry she is with him for disappearing... her voice rises on "aap," then forgetting all barriers, anger... "kahan the aap...!"

he moves his head a bit at the vehemence and demand in her voice...

and she flows toward him uncontrolled, insistent, unable to check her urgency...has she ever walked toward him with such purpose?

"aise kya dekh rahe hain aap, aur aise chup chap kyun khade hain? aap kab gaye, khahan gaye? kissiko batake kyun nahin gaye?"

what are you looking at, and why are you standing here so quietly? when did you go, where did you go? why didn't you tell anyone before going?

"aap jante hain humne aapko phone karne ki kitni koshish ki? aapko andaza nahin ki..."

do you know how many times i tried to call you? you have no idea...

and he breaks his silence finally... was he a bit taken aback at her tone, her whole reaction? i wonder what she would have said if he hadn't

"kyun?" he says softly... she draws back, "tumhe kya faraq padta hai mere jaane se..."

why? what difference does my going make to you?

oh he is playing a bit but he so needs to know it makes a diff, damn well does. her coolness, her fighting, her i don't give a damn, he wants it all to end... not in defeat though, in the triumph of a feeling acknowledged.

she's beside herself with worry... "faraq padta hai! hum kitne pareshan hain... hum.." makes a difference, she says, i am so worried... i'm...

"mere liye," a quizzical almsot happy smile, for me...
"haan aapke liye," yes, for you... she's walking into the trap...

and he sta
rts his advance, he looks as if he must... get near, make her accept.

a feeling of flow and ebb, she had rushed at him, now he walks up toward her pushing her back, a shoreline undulates.

"oh really?!" music picks up tempo, asr moves in, kkg starts backing off as realisation dawns... she was revealing things she didn't mean to.

a cut to the most gorgeous advance retreat, so deliberate, so full of longing and hope, and why are they both looking so so good.

he fixes her with a gaze... predator again, she is suddenly lost confused awkward.

"haan... woh... nahin... an..jali ji pareshan..." she's dashed into the table behind, is losing her balance...

"be careful khushi, nahin toh main samjhoonga ki tumhe meri chinta ho rahi hai..." be careful khushi, otherwise i'll think you were concerned for me.

khushi is a stuttering, stammering mess, her emotions in turmoil, his nearness causing havoc again... "humne kaha na... hum nahin... anjali ji!.." liar liar liar, softly laps the pool.

of course, his di came in as if on cue and thah moment was gone... but not quite... why is everyone so worried about me? he asked and khushi had to stop at that, then he continued...

"
waise achcha hi hua ki main gaya... pata toh chala ki mujhe itna miss kiya jata hai." in a way, it's good i went, got to know that i am missed so much.

oh he enjoyed that bait and her rise to it. she ran for cover.

di was concerned, plaintive in her worry... but khushi was gussa, demanding. as he is usually. feelings of love are hard to hide.

as teatime progresses at the table, and akash is trying to get a peak at payal's hand where his initial is written, khsuhi sees the "a" on her palm. good opportunity for a comedy break before the heat is turned on again... this time in the kitchen.

"a" is  the beginning, the first. "a" is for arnav. and when it's written in mehendi that stays on the soft surface of the palm right on your person, so very intimate, "a" is for aphrodisiac.

"a...a... aaalo jiji, chai lelo na!" khushi switches to weird mode the moment she catches sight of that telltale letter. he's here, coming down the stairs to join them for chai, but he hears the voicemail... she's saying, please, just come back...

"khushi?" he's perplexed. and perhaps hopeful?

"khoosie, khoosie! arre ka hua bitiya..." what happened, khushi... wonder her aunt and mother...

she rushes to the kitchen to do something about that "a."

scraping her henna desperately with a knife, she's muttering... so many times i told the mehendi wali my name is...
"khushi..." he completes, nice sound edit. the "a" man is with her and he has some questions...

torrent of heart beats.

the knife drops. his eyes take that in and come right back to her face... not a moment is missed by the predator, the lover. she stands face averted.

"main tumse baat kar raha hoon..." i am talking to you.

a wonderful exchange about the voice message. fun, a bit crazy, constantly sexy. why did you call me. i? called you? when? "i don't know" gorgeously delivered of course, just a while back. you were saying you're sorry or something?
"inhe kaise pata chal gaya, " she thinks looking badly stuck... looks away, up down, under the lashes, gets back quickly with a shrug shrug cool, "nahin toh..." 

music was cut perfectly to the sequence.

he advances again... first by the water, now by kitchen fire... the elements always there in the telling of this story. cool voice, gentle and sweet, enjoying the leg pulling though, the power... "pothey esho" my mother would have said, come to the right place... you do give a damn, admit it, dammit.

why should i say sorry? khushi is still trying to wiggle out of it.

for saying those things to me in the morning... you were saying you're very ashamed, were asking for my forgiveness. i did no such thing, retorts the tigress against the wall... rock and a hard place situation. he switches on voice mail.

"toh tum pareshan thi... itni pareshan ki tumne mujhse maafi maangi... kya laga tumhe... ki main ghayab ho gaya hoon?"

so you were worried... so worried that you apologised to me... what did you think, that i would disappear.
how lovely his pauses between sentences... he is so happy he matters to her.

"dekhiye..." look... her hand comes up, the "a" palm. his eyes move down immediately noticing it.

"yeh hamari awaz nahin hai..." this is not my voice. "really?" the most gently devastating voice, turn of head, lopsided smile. khushi's classic kkg defence, madness. switch that off, that's not my voice... (i have done this sort of thing in college, hoping my hundred and one denials will wipe out one simple truth)

"aur hume koi faraq nahin padta, aap kahin bhi jaaye, kuch bhi kijiye... hume uss se kya..." she is fighting back. and it makes no difference to me, you can go wherever, do what you like, what...

"toh tumhe koi farq nahin padta?" so it makes no difference to you? oh the need for faraq in both and both claiming there is none.

"bilkul..." absolutely, says she. and her hand is grabbed.

shut the hand quick. something funny and something terribly tender in that moment. he keeps holding her hand, pries her fingers open, the struggle a delight to watch, finally she has to give in.

"toh yeh kya?" so what's this. "a" for arnav, she's got it on her palm.
he thinks he's got her. he knows he has.

but did you know, mister, there's "a" in her name too?

arms have to be crossed, amusement has to be taken to another level...
"tumhare naam  mein... tumhare naam mein... really?"

the fun he's having.
what an opponent... crazy, determined, inventive. no wonder asr could not give up... such a hard one to crack. this deal he had to win.

no... i mean ye-es, read my lips... khushi kumaaari guptaaa.

"aa... i see."

just as he settles down for a major flirting session, nk has to walk in. he has a job to do... the nk from up above has sent him to get something done.
so he comes with his "bigul" meaning "bagal"... is that bugle in hindi? battle cry?

she sees asr's face losing mirth, irritated, and swoops in to use the moment... she latches on to nk, all smiles, and escapes... she also knows this will  stoke something in the "a" man... something more than just irritation.

as she sits laughing and chatting a bit too much with nk, even di seems to notice it, he comes with grumpy face and sits down. before that a moment in the kitchen where he looks almost bereft.

at the table... it's clear the shooting was done separately... yet his upset look touches the heart. he can't take the khushi nk tete a tete any more, he leaves with a gruff, gotta make conference call.

that was round two. khushi did think it was over, but no... chance has a way of working things the way it wants to... so khushi it is who has to go to his room to get the bangle for payal. that mehendi is looking for colour today.

he is pacing... remembering nk and her... it's getting to him. 
today the thing he feels is clearly jealousy. he now knows he has feelings for khushi. in keeping with his nature, he's acted on it... from that submission in teri meri, through every moment after that, he's tried in different ways to reach her, to gauge her feelings, to make her admit... so now when he sees nk and her together, and she's so engrossed in another man, he is not just irked... he is jealous. lovely.

it's so hard to make one who has slammed the door on love understand that is what he feels, nothing else. nothing less.

she reaches to his room on heartbeats. music changes as kangan falls into the pool. seems like  anew piece. can't recall hearing this before.

she is trying to reach the bangle, stretching her palm with it's "a," and not quite making it.

a splash of water.

and another arm comes in... brown, surer, with a longer reach

it is him.

from the fire to the water. has a scene ever been more stirring. the private just you and me of the moment. two people sitting close to each other, arms dipped in clear water, searching for something. together.

he picks up the bangle, she is shocked. he looks at her, "faraq nahin padta?" his gaze seems to ask.

"aap yahan kya kar rahe hain... humne kaha tha na aapse..." what are you doing here? i'd told you... she is aggressive again... that haq.

"khushi, yeh mera room hai... remember?" it's my room, remember? a gentle reminder.

"hum khud kar lete," i could have done it myself. a quintessential khushi trait. i can do everything alone, by myself... don't need help. being orphaned young isn't easy... i can quite understand her need to be reliant on herself. even if to a fault.

"har kam tum khud nahin kar sakti..." you can't do everything by yourself. anger, pulsating somehow... is this triggered by that jealousy somewhat?

"haan... hum hum kar sakte hain!" she's getting nervous and trying to hold on to her premise.

a funny moment, a curious tension, music tender, feeling its way around. he looks at her, something in his eyes, he lets the bangle go, it falls back into the water.

again a splash.

droplets on her face. she flinches. he looks at her surprised. carefully crafted each shot. lots of care. a precious scene is being put together with care...

the slightest smile at this stubborn girl... a swift but filled with edge and love, "tum theek ho?"

she looks up... hey hey... in the process of losing and finding things hearts are being lost and so they can finding their way home...

"main neekal deta..." i'll take it out.
"hum kar lenge..." i'll do it.

again the duel starts. two hands in the water, his hand covers hers, how terribly stomach emptying.
under water, skin against skin, a closeness, unlike any other. her hand has his name on it and he wants to touch it... he so wants to hold that hand that says what she refuses to.

she looks at him shocked..

he is noticing her every look move expression...

"tum itna dar kyun rahi ho?" he really wants to know... why is she scared.

she snatches away the bangle... i told you i can do it myself. and gets up to leave.

she feels the tug on her dupatta, she is about to turn when she remembers the tea and the thorns.

all her not understood and confusing emotions, her tension, her stressed out state on her face...she turns and this time he is holding her dupatta. he, not the thorns.

"aap humara... dupatta chhoriye..." leave my dupatta, she's unprepared for this, terribly uncomfortable, but not angry. how can she be? hasn't something in her wanted to be held long? and i imagine all that worrying for him is bubbling somewhere inside, she needs him to hold her and soothe that away.

"kyun?" why? a little lift of head, lips barely part, eyes stay fixed on his quarry. barun sobti has a way of delivering single word dialogues that i can't ever describe. they strike home every time. "hi," "really?" and this episode twice,"kyun?" 

"bas...chhoriye..." nervous she is, losing fire.

he stands up still holding the veil of pink chiffon, now pulled taut between them.

then in measured tone, ready to make the strike, he lured, "tum har woh kam nahin kar sakti jo main kar sakta." you can't do everything that i can.

she couldn't let go, she insisted, "nahi... hum..." she went to pull her dupatta, but he ain't letting go...

with a victorious air and on a change of music that feels the excitement, he began to use the dupatta to reel her in... like his catch. of a lifetime.

"tum kuch bhi kar sakti ho na? chhura lo apna dupatta..." you can do anything, right? so get your dupatta. how smooth and provocative is the voice.

"haan kar sakte..." yes i can.

at that, he tugged, and she was upon him almost.

music out.

dhak dhak... dhak dhak...

intently looking at her... no game in his eyes, just a bit maybe in his voice, on his face a potent combination of need, desire, craving. his voice kept a laughter in it perhaps just to keep things light, somehow under control.

"jo main karoonga kya tum woh kar paaogi?" he asked.
what i'll do will you be able to?

she nodded. her eyes perturbed... now what?

a tiny smile... "lagi shart?" it's a bet? a break in the voice.

a still moment of bated breath.

he leaned over and surged forward to give her a kiss on her right cheek... for a split second, he stayed there and slowly returned... hey hey...

has a kiss ever been more igniting, more earthquaking. and that single clear sound of a kiss. exploding. a thrill, an indulgence in it. a right, a delight. done. lagi shart. no need to bother the censors, take hours over close ups and setting up, and reach for lips. if you know how to do it, a touching of lips on cheek is enough to start the fire.

yes, it was enemy action alright.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@indi 174
You have gone to the depths of depths to capture every fine detail of the mental state and emotions of two people in love. Great interpretation, incredible write up, pool scene aesthetically expressed.
Lovely episode, both groomed to charm each other.
indi52 thumbnail
thanks viv,

yeah i seem to be getting totally lost in these two. this particular bit, that escalating of tension drama attraction was built so interestingly and almost believably... and what acting. can't imagine anyone else doing this really.