Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: samin6

Nice analysis Indi. MY thoughts in green

thanks, samin,

ha ha naughty samin... yeah the lad does protest too much... huma ho think so now. 😆😆

your comments were great... at teh doorway, yes the resignation, the hum bhi aapse, the closed eyes namaste when he walks past her, the haldi on dupatta and cheek... so many things. wonder why though. just because it felt like a nice location to shoot... or was it something else?

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Horizon

ps: Time for Teej on TV reruns. As alwasy apologies for taqneeqi kharabein.

wow. horizon, this is gorgeous. electricity, audacity, how lovely.
IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: salooni

this is awesome⭐️

Thanks, you brand new Rocker Girl! Really enjoyed making this one so very happy you liked. It makes me smile, this avatar of Khushi. Crazy. Beautiful. Her own person all the way.😊

Edited by IssPKaur - 10 years ago
IssK. thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

horizon,

absolutely agree, exactly my feelings. but first a big hello hi hug for the "smokin' hot." that's the word for ze man. wish i could say it with a sexy amriki drawl.

and those are the reasons he is not a manhandler.

yes he did a couple of things he should not have... dori, drop from office, drag up mandir steps and force a wedding without asking a thing... but that and his other mistakes make him human. what makes him breathtaking is his clear absolute no condition apolgising... his conscience. and also his ability to understand that he does things at times without thought, only to regret it later.

human.

my husband said, of course he manhandled her, i said, when. he sited temple wedding. i said, yeah, but which one of us has had this sweet quiet wonderful marriage without any rage rave spot of violence, when two people are in love and have this thing for each other all sorts of things happen he said, i know... the way we used to fight. i said, used to? just the other day, right here, we were so bad that we had to finally start laughing because it would have gone to the stratosphere or the cop station otherwise. he tried not to remember.

i too felt her anger during resignation was a bit extreme, she was accusing him of something he hadn't done, ie sent her to a dangerous place knowingly. but while i felt for him i also realised it was his anger, his abrupt banishing of her that had skewed her judgment, you couldn't blame her for thinking the worst of him. how he suffered and then in typical style got furious about that. a zany understanding of character there.

even more lovely, her saying "hum theek nahin hain," after giving yelling at him to her heart's content.

nice writing.

oh asr's contours are the most believable of all. there's plenty of him in me and those around me. even the good fortunately.

i do wish he hadn't snapped her dori, or dropped her, or dragged her... but he did... he was who he was and he never tried to justify it. his anger was a huge issue. he was often in its thrall... this would have been great to explore, but with his interpretation i think barun conveyed it... his helplessness before this thing, his remorse, and that's why it was impossible for me to judge him.

most people have a minus side... how they deal with it matters.

cynthia: i see you up there. will disagree, sir 🤗. he pulled and dragged her... not others. this was a crazy attraction thing between the two, made both do all sorts of things. not right, not laudable, but there it was, and khsuhi sort of got it... when he gripped her hard, it wasn't to hurt her, it was usually because he was anguished, couldn't guage his strength, always regretted those marks he left behind... and she did bruise easily...

he would get angry and slap people... both times, men. with women, always quite gentle and respectful... oh the opening scene with la. only once a huge screaming session with la.

EDIT: SOME ISSUE WITH IF AT MY END SO THIS POST HAS APPEARED SOME THREE TIMES ON THIS PAGE...JUST REALIZED AND DELETED THE OTHER TWO-APOLOGIES!

Hello! Just read this...i love the man but cannot agree. Abuse is abuse. He probably hurled verbal much more than physical...but still.
A lot of women we know who go through abuse try and justify it to themselves for the longest time citing the fact that the man at heart is a good one. It's classic victim behavior...till it hits the wall.

We value ASR, of course we do, we know who he really is, and love him for that. But that cannot justify the character when he's in the wrong...especially pre guest house..and post forced marriage. It doesn't matter that he was doing it ONLY to her. Most men do it only to their wives or girlfriends. They seem perfectly nice to all other women. I know i'm talking not ASR here but SERIOUSLY abusive men...but any portrayal that's even bordering on those traits has the potential to be problematic and dangerous when looked at objectively.

I for one do not think Khushi's anger during resignation was extreme. All that talk of "aukaat", for instance, i found unacceptable to say the least. I was mighty pleased actually that she felt the anger and expressed it. So glad they didn't make her apologize to him for it later...

This chat is an essential one. Glad we''re having it! Big hug to you all, by the way. Missing you like crazy!

samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

First of all I would like to say I love all you ladies but I am going to follow with we must agree to disagree.  I guess my attitude is this because I know what it is like to be abused.  So here goes:

manhandle

transitive verb \man-han-dl\
: to handle roughly
: to move or manage by human force <manhandled the posts into place>
  I LOVE ASR. 
I LOVE ARNAV.
BUT...
this man on the first episode was abusive to our/his lady love.  Maybe he didn't mean it, but I believe he did, to hurt her.  He showed brute force upon our scared heroine.  Obviously to intimidate her, thinking she was sent there to ruin his show.  His follow up when they met when she handed him his dropped key, with words of degradation.  We all know Khushi was not worthless or a money hungry person, he didn't, but she did deserve respect.  He didn't give her that in the beginning episodes.  YES, he was attracted to her from the very first moment and that may have confused him but even so he shouldn't have treated her that way... But if he did not, then we wouldn't have had Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Doon? His revelation of his further emotions was exacerbated at the guest house.  Her gussa, and her "abuse" of him (via shoving) only forcing his reaction.
So in my humble opinion, our love, was a manhandling, sexy😳, tyrant who we all fell in love with and like they say "love conquers all" and then he became a pussycat after a crazy, zany girl with pom poms healed his broken heart💔.
❤️ you all.

I came after a long time and so I was reading this post and so I think I would like to respect everyone's opinion. Now speaking of physical abuse and manhandling, I think I have an abject objection to it but I think that would be a case by case basis. For example ASR manhandled Khushi I think twice after marriage once when he shut the door on her and the second was after heer ranjha. However based on our feedback they stopped it. If we look we see manhandling as a part of Indian serial and movies and I actually abjectly dislike that. The point is no one listened to viewers input other then for IPKKND they listened to us. In any other movie or tv show they did not even give us a single heed.
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So here I come and am watching people trying to judge our manhandling of Arnav and I was thinking if it was justified. Now manhandling is not justified but our Khushi always had a sweet revenge, and that was her jelebi like sweet revenge that made IPKKND so endearing. Let us start Arnav thew her from the top of the stairs thinking of embarrassing her in his office and she did the same to him by gaining more points in office and giving the resignation. He drops her off in the middle of the road and she changed his ring tone,and made him again embarrased in front on his family. Now Arnav hurt Khushi in her heart because ourKhushi was one with all hearts and Khushi hurt Arnav and his image because our Arnav bitwa was all about image. So why should we bother, they just  very well complemented each other and the fact was they loved each other even though they lacked the very thing of utmost importance to the other . According to Khushi Arnav had no heart and according to Arnav Khushi lacked brains. However their love was not stopped for that flaw and so that had a beauty on itself.
wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
WoW! You are a ROCKERZ Soni! Sorry I did not wish you earlier. Hold up your head in pride!

cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sohara

viv and ArshiH, you are making me ecstatic.
Any guy would be aphrodisiac to see that flawless curvy creamy back.So I can't blame Arnav. and apparently he would not like if any other guy looks at her lasciviously. i loved possessive Arnav who opened her hair when NK was lusting her.
ArshiH, you must remember how he smeared haldi on her back during remarriage!😳

Sohara wonderful review and to all the other comments a big sigh...
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Soni
Congratulations for rocking...

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
IssK. thumbnail

EDIT: SORRY THIS IS A REPEAT POST