Blast from the Past Thread #16, pg 128, epi 180 - Page 97

Posted: 10 years ago
wiwy where is ur pic in blue...what page?????/

Got it ...thnx but no thnx...😊
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Thnx Kat...He really did get hurt...you can see the blood in his hand...Poor boy 
Love NK here...and big shoes in Khushi's feet...made my day Kat...it's what I am doing in free time at work...Shame on me...

Hey Kate! Great show! Before you happened to me I used to scour the net for these videos. But you have made life so easy for me by posting them. I watch them religiously! Thanks! ðŸ¤—
Originally posted by indi52

🤣, well said... act juuust a bit. hyuk. they were lookers both, are... i should say. and that thing between them... woh, as khushi asked asr after diwali, woh sab kya tha. 😆

yeah scenes from many shows, i remember later seeing bits of baat again and finding the same scenes, situations... geet fans always said a lot was identical... happens in the creative world all the time... situations are repeated, not all writers are original all the time... some things feel like stock material... but these two made everything feel fresh new never before...sift enough and we may even find "faraq nahin padta" dramas, but it was never about the words and scenarios, always about who and how.

i am missing them. ek baar phir.

Yeah, just a bit.. my hyperbole...:)

I do think ASR and Khushi were written very well, but in wrong hands,actors that is, they wouldn't have had such intoxicating effect..

Barun I thought took a few weeks just for that perfection, but once he got there, he elevated ASR to an iconic status from just another angry, young man. Couldn't resist Sanaya in some of those child like expressions, the way she causally tosses chana into mouth or mischievously grabs Payal's prasad ka laddu and gulps...Khushi's confusion or panic to ASR or even her defiance..

Talk about missing, can we afford??
I was just wondering why Khushi adorned green during the Teri Meri dance. And Arnav bluish black. Look what I got on the net !!!!

In some languages, including old Chinese, Thai, old Japanese, and Vietnamese, the same word can mean either blue or green.[15]

The Chinese character ' (pronounced qng in Mandarin, ao in Japanese, and thanh in Sino-Vietnamese) has a meaning that covers both blue and green; blue and green are traditionally considered shades of "'." In more contemporary terms, they are  (ln, in Mandarin) and  (l, in Mandarin) respectively. Japanese also has two terms that refer specifically to the color green, ' (midori which is derived from the classical Japanese descriptive verb midoru 'to be in leaf, to flourish' in reference to trees) and (guriin, which is derived from the English word 'green'). However, in Japan, although the traffic lights have the same colors that other countries have, the green light is described using the same word as for blue, "aoi", because green is considered a shade of aoi; similarly, green variants of certain fruits and vegetables such as green apples, green shiso (as opposed to red apples and red shiso) will be described with the word "aoi". Vietnamese uses a single word for both blue and green, xanh, with variants such as xanh da tri (azure, lit. "sky blue"), lam (blue), and lc (green; also xanh l cy, lit. "leaf green").

"Green" in modern European languages corresponds to about 520"570 nm, but many historical and non-European languages make other choices, e.g. using a term for the range of ca. 450"530 nm ("blue/green") and another for ca. 530"590 nm ("green/yellow")

The Celtic languages had a term for "blue/green/grey", Proto-Celtic *glasto-, which gave rise to Old Irish glas "green, grey" and to Welsh glas "blue". This word is cognate with the Ancient Greek "bluish green", contrasting with "yellowish green" discussed above.

In modern Japanese, the term for green is ', while the old term for "blue/green", blue (' Ao?) now means "blue". But in certain contexts, green is still conventionally referred to as ', as in bluetraffic light (' Ao shing?) and blue leaves ('' Aoba?), reflecting the absence of blue-green distinction in old Japanese (more accurately, the traditional Japanese color terminologygrouped some shades of green with blue, and others with yellow tones).

The Persian language is traditionally lacking a black/blue/green distinction. The Persian word  sabz can mean "green", "black" or "dark". Thus, Persian erotic poetry, dark-skinned women are addressed as sabz-eh, as in phrases like  sabz-eh-gandom-gun (literally "dark wheat colored") or  sabz-eh-malih ("a dark beauty").[19] Similarly, in Sudanese Arabic, dark-skinned people are described as  akhar, the term which in Standard Arabic stands unambiguously for "green".

So if green=blue=black, then Arnav and Khushi were actually wearing the same indistinguishable colour while dancing to the same tune! The reflection of light was different, but the colours were rapturously merging into one on the Teri Meri night!

Down the line, when they met at the farmhouse, the colours were reversed and their identification with each other was as complete as their consummation! Arnav wore olive green and Khushi black! A full circle, starting from the Teri Meri night when they first "touched" each other and made love in green and bluish black!

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

@Indi, I am so happy that you had your daughter read the definition and encourage her to stand up for what she feels is right.  Bravo!  Tell her not to stop, ever.
@hd, you really don't think he manhandled Khushi in the beginning, breaking the pearl dori, in the guesthouse, all the times he grabbed her arm?  I agree love and hate very intense emotions.
Loved Sanaya as Khushi, she was as amazing as Barun was as Arnav.  He made him an absolute mush in the end though and she they just destroyed but thank G-d for our actors who were fabulous and they didn't let them kill them entirely!
and NO we will never get over discussing IPK!!!!😉

Cynth, read your first post about women, ASR at 800AM yesterday and wanted to respond but couldn't with time constraints, and this discussion has gone all breath and length.. thanks to Indi and hd.

I am in sync with hd that even for me, all his intial pull, pushes didn't come across as manhandling. Yes, a dictionary definition would fit them into that category, but it looked only a figurative reflection to what he felt for her, an intense emotion that he is hitherto unaware of, and a force that he is fighting with in himself to resist this so called chit of a girl.. becos as we know he is NOT gender biased, has held all women with high regard including Khushi's own sister! And importantly, altho physically hurt, Khushi didn't seem to mind, otherwise, she wouldn't have hesitated telling him NOT to touch her again! On contrary, she hid his "marks" away from the world as a personal possession like after the character dheela. Not that he is right, but unknowingly she could see/ feel his struggle with himself!

Agree with Indi, Khushi's "aap shut up" was much gratifying. or even her "bhad me gaye aap, bhad me gaye aap ki naukari".. your and your job go to hell.. I don't give a damn.. you go girl...where did that Khushi vanish.. I kept searching...

I have to add this, it pricks to see comments like "Shyam is the right guy for Khushi than ASR" just becos one supposedly manhandles her, and the other drips in sugar coated adulation and affection. But, the day Khushi was left middle of the road all gagged up fighting for life, the story perhaps was on its way to running its course, but it only reinforced "looks can be deceptive"!

Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
Originally posted by wiwy

Hey Kate! Great show! Before you happened to me I used to scour the net for these videos. But you have made life so easy for me by posting them. I watch them religiously! Thanks! ðŸ¤—

Arshi and Wiwy, you are very welcome. ðŸ¤—  It's my pleasure!  These clips made me smile like a fool.  There are so many of them that I haven't seen.  I think we all miss Sarun very much!  I'm very glad to be here and enjoy them together!  😃
Edited by Katelyn - 10 years ago
Originally posted by salooni

realx ani i will take him with him okay😉

It's okay...I don't mind taking an extended break
Originally posted by wiwy

I was just wondering why Khushi adorned green during the Teri Meri dance. And Arnav bluish black. Look what I got on the net !!!!

In some languages, including old Chinese, Thai, old Japanese, and Vietnamese, the same word can mean either blue or green.[15]

The Chinese character ' (pronounced qng in Mandarin, ao in Japanese, and thanh in Sino-Vietnamese) has a meaning that covers both blue and green; blue and green are traditionally considered shades of "'." In more contemporary terms, they are  (ln, in Mandarin) and  (l, in Mandarin) respectively. Japanese also has two terms that refer specifically to the color green, ' (midori which is derived from the classical Japanese descriptive verb midoru 'to be in leaf, to flourish' in reference to trees) and (guriin, which is derived from the English word 'green'). However, in Japan, although the traffic lights have the same colors that other countries have, the green light is described using the same word as for blue, "aoi", because green is considered a shade of aoi; similarly, green variants of certain fruits and vegetables such as green apples, green shiso (as opposed to red apples and red shiso) will be described with the word "aoi". Vietnamese uses a single word for both blue and green, xanh, with variants such as xanh da tri (azure, lit. "sky blue"), lam (blue), and lc (green; also xanh l cy, lit. "leaf green").

"Green" in modern European languages corresponds to about 520"570 nm, but many historical and non-European languages make other choices, e.g. using a term for the range of ca. 450"530 nm ("blue/green") and another for ca. 530"590 nm ("green/yellow")

The Celtic languages had a term for "blue/green/grey", Proto-Celtic *glasto-, which gave rise to Old Irish glas "green, grey" and to Welsh glas "blue". This word is cognate with the Ancient Greek "bluish green", contrasting with "yellowish green" discussed above.

In modern Japanese, the term for green is ', while the old term for "blue/green", blue (' Ao?) now means "blue". But in certain contexts, green is still conventionally referred to as ', as in bluetraffic light (' Ao shing?) and blue leaves ('' Aoba?), reflecting the absence of blue-green distinction in old Japanese (more accurately, the traditional Japanese color terminologygrouped some shades of green with blue, and others with yellow tones).

The Persian language is traditionally lacking a black/blue/green distinction. The Persian word  sabz can mean "green", "black" or "dark". Thus, Persian erotic poetry, dark-skinned women are addressed as sabz-eh, as in phrases like  sabz-eh-gandom-gun (literally "dark wheat colored") or  sabz-eh-malih ("a dark beauty").[19] Similarly, in Sudanese Arabic, dark-skinned people are described as  akhar, the term which in Standard Arabic stands unambiguously for "green".

So if green=blue=black, then Arnav and Khushi were actually wearing the same indistinguishable colour while dancing to the same tune! The reflection of light was different, but the colours were rapturously merging into one on the Teri Meri night!

Down the line, when they met at the farmhouse, the colours were reversed and their identification with each other was as complete as their consummation! Arnav wore olive green and Khushi black! A full circle, starting from the Teri Meri night when they first "touched" each other and made love in green and bluish black!

This was really deep!!!!! Nice connection
Originally posted by Katelyn

Hi all lovely Blasters and Boasters!  Sorry for posting a bit late!   I would like to share some off-screen segments with you!  Enjoy

KHUSHi KA DEEWANA ARNAV (Is Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon) 1st February 2012, Episode 179 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRP1YrKElf0[/YOUTUBE]

DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRP1YrKElf0

IPKKND - SBB 1st February 2012 (Ishq Ka Virus & Khushi Ke Joote Huye Change), Episode 179 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kPYRx1rGLU&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/YOUTUBE]

DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kPYRx1rGLU&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon 1st February 2012 SBS Segment : Stars pe chadha Agneepath ka bukhar [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7xrMPs5KM[/YOUTUBE]

DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN7xrMPs5KM

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 1st Feb SBS Segment : Arnav brings Bangles for Khushi, Episode 179 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7BRyjH8rg[/YOUTUBE]

DL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7BRyjH8rg

credit goes to uploaders

You made my life so much simpler by posting these...sometimes they are so hard to find :(
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work
Katelyn

thanks for those videos... these guys are too funny and somehow all this added to the whole feel of ipk... don't ya think?