Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Just a little thought.
In small ways we can make a difference in the lives of women around us. Are we doing it? If we are then we are on the right track and have the right to hope for a better society.

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 173

"kiske naam ka akshar likhwana hai?" the letter of whose name, asks the mehendi maker of khushi

"arnav ji ka?" khushi reacts to the saree clad nk and akash's claim that this whole idea was asr's.

Beautiful confusion... maradona like i feel like saying, "hand of god,"

whatever it was, this mistake is the finest kind of aphrodisiac that will take two people all the way to arousal and an act. mehendi definitely will bring colour. and leave us in a bit of a state, trying to hold on to the hue, hoping it never fades.

compliments to writers... how perfectly a desired end point was reached without anything seeming forced or laboured. that "a" needed to reach that palm. how terrifically erotic it made the play of two hands in water, the conversation in a kitchen, and the feelings a girl is trying hard to hide... it made a predator hungry for his prey, the prey quiver for her killer... a simple "a" and look what it set off.

not by chance i think someone's name begins with aleph, alpha, the hindi "uh," the first letter.

just realised his name begins with the first hindi vowel "uh" of "uh aa e ee" and hers with the first consonant "kuh" as in "kuh khu guh ghu". all "u"s pronounced as in "u" in "but." okay, she is technically a khu, but it still begins on the k sound... somehow when asr says her name, i always hear the "k" for an instant till it opens out to "kh."

so he begins the sacred vowel sounds. aum, the ancient pure word for the eternal, begins with, guess what, "a" of course.

and she begins the consonants that give body/frame to words.
here's a bit on "a" from wiki:

Alpha (uppercase ', lowercase ; Greek: lpha) is the first letter of the Greek alphabet. In the system of Greek numerals it has a value of 1. It was derived from the Phoenician letter aleph Aleph. Letters that arose from alpha include the Latin A and the Cyrillic letter .

In English, the noun "alpha" is used as a synonym for "beginning", or "first" (in a series), reflecting its Greek roots.[1]

i learn "kappa" or k in the greek alphabet is the tenth letter with a value of 20... derived from the phoenician "kaph," then i read something that makes me smile, so i share:
  • In differential geometry, the curvature of a curve is given by .
  • In physics, the torsional constant of an oscillator is given by as well as Einstein constant of gravitation.
curvature, gravitation, thank g for science otherwise how would we understand love 😆 😆

"a," aleph, alpha, hindi/sanskrit "uh" are dense with meaning and essence... will mention just the hebrew one. emet, which means truth and is mentioned by some sages when they say "the seal of god is truth," begins with "aleph." 
of course there's esoteric thought there and a play with letters and ideas i am not too clear about.

arnav i am guessing begins with the same letter. of course, there is the "i am the alpha and the omega..." of christian theology, and more. "a" i have a feeling was not there by chance. even if you look at no reference... "a" is always the first, the beginning. and that is thrilling enough.

when nani ji commands that arnav bitwa be sent downstairs for this rule breaking idea, khushi is in palpitations immediately...
"
hey devi maiyaa hame phir se unki shakl nahin dekhni... hamari dhadkan bad jaygi..." hey dm, i don't want to see his face again, my breath will quicken...

so khushi does know what asr does to her, and it is exciting: heady, crazy, almost forbidden... and she loves it yet it catapults her into a mess. because maybe, she in her safety and stability idealising middle class world has never heard of such tumultuous feelings for a man.

there is no reference to this. just as asr has no real way of knowing love since he has banished it at a young age, so does khushi, who has some idea of love, not have any notion of this electric, invasive, untramelled sensation that rides through her at the mere mention of his name, and of course when she sees him.

that it is part of love... she is still to know perhaps.

at this point it is a sensation. one she feels she has to somehow contrtol... that is why he makes her so "pareshan." poor girl, i do feel for her, imagine being hunted by that man and completely in his thrall.

her vision is of an edifying love with taarey/stars falling in her anchal, his face appearing everywhere, but this uncontrollable dhakdhak... the feeling with a license to roam everywhere, all over her body and spirit and thought (does anyone remember a godrej crowning glory soap ad with dimple saying uses it "just all over my body," sorry thought popped up, felt a bit khushi like vis a vis this feeling of hers) ... this feeling unnerves her, a frenetic edge to it.

what a lovely stage to be in.

"chhote ko ho kya gya..." what's happened to chhotey these days, wonders anjali, doing things he never did.

funny part of course is that he didn't do what everyone thought he did, yet he does indeed do things he never would earlier. like that dance... anjali is wondering... hopefully this will help her connect dots.

the episode really played up a state of mind. of a lover in the grip of  a feeling... almost in a tango with it really. how it made her twirl through fear worry panic, leap into frenzy, gaze into her emotion, embrace it finally, and talk incessantly to her goddess, her friend, her own hidden recessed self constantly. who was dm really, i have often wondered.

asr was never there physically yet always there, in her thoughts, her sensations, her furrowed brow, her chatter with dm, her looking around, her catching di's worry, her questions, her desperate calls, her pacing, her feeling terrible that what she said about praying to dm so that she doesn't have to see his shakl may have come true.

arnav is nowhere to be found...

now kkg is really worried.

"chhotey kabhi aisa nahin karte akhir wo gaye kahan?" chhotey never does this, where has he gone? di is reaching panic. di is like this when it comes to her bro... and husband.

but khushi is slowly getting worried the way a family member does... in fact, as the minutes pass, her emotions reach a turmoil that feels even higher than di's. i loved this "confession" writers opted for. no one ever says the word, but if this is not love, what is.

kkg paces.

akhir woh hai kahan? where is he, wails di.

and khushi recalls her "pareshan" dialogue, she had prayed to dm that...

"par humne toh aise hi kah diya tha..." but i said it just like that... what a supreme kkg moment. she didn't mean it. looking at him looking so gorgeous at the door step, dripping with asr sexiness and those invisible killing pheromones, his "hi" almost doing her in, and all the dhakdhaks from the night before, she'd just shot back at him in defence... she didn't mean it, oh goddess, please don't take her seriously.

"hey dm, ye bewakoofi mei humne jo maga aapne woh iccha poorie toh nahin kar di?" hey dm, in my foolishness what i asked for, you didn't fulfill that wish, did you?

the parallel play of manorama trying to hold on to her place, grabbing mehendi wali, saree, jewellery, being nasty and childish as h carries on. really this mother in law/daughter in law thing is always tricky. whether you're as basic as mano or sophisticated, well educated, and

2 hours have passed... nani is asking for patience.. di is crying.. khushi is talking to him in her mind.

she can't take it any more. why isn't he picking up his phone... but even if he did, what would she tell him? what the?

she is so immersed in this, even payal's worried face and mano's tantrums can't take her away from it for too long. she has to has to reach him.

missing her pareshan man.

"nahin nahin hume janna bahut zaroori hai," no no it's very important that i know what's with him.

then another lovely khushi moment...

but why? i only told him to go away... beautiful little pause... all the feelings you can't put in words there... these are the signs of a feeling we call love. specific things in it. specific tremors, apprehensions, graspings, longings.

"pata nahin aap kahan"... come back... i am worried... dm, don't make my words come true...

"dial kiya gaya number iss waqt maujood nahin hai," the dialled number is not available...

again pace.

if he's not picking up the phone why am i so worried... hey dm, i just want that he should be ok, that's all...
conflicting thoughts around one clear emotion.

but if he should reply... what will i say?

"kehna kya hai... maafi mang lenge... hum dil se maafi maangte hain."

dil se maafi, ask forgiveness from the heart.
and she comes to her heart finally, bringing her feelings from all the places they've run amok in to the centre of it all, their right place, their rightful place. the heart. where only one person sits, reigns really, now.

and it is not by chance again, i am sure that he appears at that precise moment. she senses him, and turns. she can always sense him now... just that in the dressing room her nerves were so frazzled, they thought he was jiji, really kkg, your writers did know you well.

there he stands. that expression on his face. i thought my heart would stop beating. really what was that look. again a hunger, a terrible need, a stillness that intensifies it all. then it turned to something else. but that look... where was that from asr, and why?

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

a game of power indeed. 

oh, the shaved head...  thankfully that is one thing my nani (was my paternal grandma, married off at 12, to a man who never understood her or thought there was any need to), didn't do. but i remember well "chhotopishima" an aunt of my dad's who was widowed young, short hair (shaved off regularly), white saree, a little bent over, lined face, at every wedding... twinkling eyes, a certain energy, shoving sweets into my mother's and aunts' mouths, saying, "bahus, eat eat, you ain't gonna get anything once it all starts." lovely woman.

and that ashram you speak of... so often brindavan... kanha their only playmate, soulmate, while of course other murky things go on... seen "water"? they didn't let deepa mehta shoot in india. in aparijito i think it was, apu's mother is told categorically on the ghats of benaras, it is her fault that her husband died... the widow routinely stopped from going to auspicious places, like weddings... here in singapore i learn it was the same in chinese culture: an "auspicious" woman is one who is married with children, pref sons. the same corral awaits us everywhere.

i think of all this and i bring my sadness for them, my anger, my feeling hey this is unfair, to my understanding of biua ji. she also only has her nand kissore. she is no longer allowed to think of herself as a woman, just a bua ji. is this possible? do feelings of being something just vanish? last scenes of "the glass palace" float up.

it is a power game. a terrifying one. deep in cultures sit that word we tremble to say... misogyny. media has a power over our minds. we listen to it without often realising we do... should these big money making channels be showing such gender biased bilge? can't money be made a better way?

achhi is a beautiful aspiration and it doesn't come of doing what others think you should without thinking yourself, never ever understanding who you or your desires are, confusing an automaton like do gooding for others as ennobling sacrifice, and never being able to say "i," merging with a "we."

why don't hindi serial female leads say "main"? always that dodgy "hum"? a bit regal a bit haughty maybe, but never the clarity of the individualistic "main." asr would never say "hum," it's "khushi main... hamesha hamesha..."

let me say "main," keep "hum" for your fantasy stepford wife.

i want to hear khushi say the "m" word 😆😆😆
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago

indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Katelyn

Indi, I'm on board no matter what we decide to do with them.  😆    I will eventually want to keep my own collection.  I would like to do something fabulous with the almost kiss for sure. 😉  Ok I'm getting excited!

wonderful.. please run and do some deadly almost kiss and other poolside love gifs and things... let's do a thread around it... what.

Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

NICE WIWY...SO SO JEALOUS OF YOU...

Thanks for sharing, Wiwy!  We are all so jealous of you!  I visited Pattaya once and did parasailing on a platform in the middle of the ocean.  Hope you are having fun!
Arshidiehardfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Horizon

AD, btw I saw that post of yours yesterday about the guy for you! Matches are truly made in heaven,   I am sure you have the best in store as you deserve nothing but the best! Good luck with everything!

Thanks a lot dr🤗 In a week or two, everything will get cleared... Then will let u all know whether it is an yes or no😊

AD, Happy Janmashtami. wanted to ask you for a long time, who is that little girl as your id pic? some one in family?? very cute!

About IPK and Janmashtami, thats when I started watching IPK, and it will remain very special.. their first car encounter.. her open Rakshas calling him.. he throwing her out.. then repent come back.. peep through that window to make sure your girl is OK.. doing that drunken act...then leave in anger or may even feeling special that she had so much say about you.. amidst she feeling his presence .. only catching a glimpse of tail of that white Eairavatha... his SUV.. then that heart touching music.. only and only theirs... and I can watch and walk the whole nine yards all over again.. again .. and again!!!

The girl is Anoushka, daughter of tamil actor Ajith Kumar & Shalini😊 More than his movies I like his character a lot... When this girl was born, Ajith bought a golden cradle for the little princess😊 I love their family...

We just have memories now... Every festival will remind us of IPK only... Every Janmashtami will def remind u of IPK...

I made a comment on pg 92 & it is 104 now... I am too late & too slow... Hope to catch u all soon...

Originally posted by: salooni

SAME TO YOU DEAR 
ME TOO MISS IT
AND YOUR DOUBT I NOT GET
OR HELPED YOU😃

So sweet of u Soni... I asked why there are not separate BFTP threads for every episode?

HAPPY JANMASHTAMI ONCE AGAIN BLASTERS😊

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

was watching the last part Mrs India track yesterday was just so good despite all being angry at that time the chemistry between Barun and Sanaya was so good despite BDs and they shooting at different times Arshi rock

Edited by chalhov - 10 years ago
Arshidiehardfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 8
Omg just finished reading everyone's take on the sizzling hot Teri-Meri episode... What can I say just loved & enjoyed reading them thorougly... I will never be able to come out of Arshi magic... Anytime watching/reading abt Arshi makes me feel better & takes me to another world

It was a brilliantly choreographed song, with the steps matching the flashbacks like A twirls K during Dheela, A catches a fainting Khushi,... Barun doesn't seem to be a non-dancer here...

One by one my comments, as I am unable to quote -

@Anita: Ur teri meri spl cap killed me🤢 Amazing analysis👏👏👏 lol ur comment on Shyam's sorry career as a lawyer😆 ASR's suit blooper was obvious... But I don't think it was becoz Barun was convenient in it... It cld be something else😕 Arshi danced as if no one existed... Later Arnav said, 'Kayi baar mujhe lagtha hai ki, tum aur mere alava iss duniya mein koi nahin'... It was def an awe moment... Even I used to wonder where is Shashiji... Shyam's reaction is my fav... Mami-Mama nok-jokh😆 True only Shyam & Mami have brains among the Raizadas... And Payal's comment🤣 U described the cute thank u & welcome nicely👏 I had more dhak-dhaks than Khushi the first time I watched it... Loved reading ur hilarious comments in between😆 

@Cynthia:
U brilliantly described the sensual dance with ur beautiful words👏👏👏 Arshi's love story is def a mushkil love story just like ours with IPK...

He lifts her in the air,

And she slowly glissades down his body.

Oh, the sensuousness of this dance

The heat that burns in their eyes

I am getting the vibes of it... Just wow... Yes it was the first step ASR took in love & slowly started to enjoy his feelings...

This Laad Govenor is a man she loves to hate but will she hate to love?

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?👏

Khushi's monologue, when Arnav was kidnapped, was a brilliant one... The name of the show itself has a beautiful & divine connection😭

@Indi: Di, I am at loss of words... Just amazing di...
Loved ur passionate take for such a passionate dance sequence👏👏👏

what if words were never needed... and wasn't it always a dance? - how true... Actually these two never needed words... They mostly showed their love only without words...

The edits are all fantastic... But this one uff🤢
I am unable to take my eyes off from ASR... U captured the scene so well...

@Sohara:
Plz update ur index dr... I will search too...

I have already read & enjoyed ArshiH's take & Durga's beautiful poem😊 I didn't see Samin's... And Ami I miss u...

@Supriya:
I always love ur collages... I crazily save every arshi picture & edit...

B4 IPK I don't like that song at all... It was my friend's ringtone too... I felt that Fateh was rather shouting than singing (at that time)... But now it is completely opposite... I actually love his voice in the song now😆 (Becoz onscreen it is Arnav, who is singing😉)... And I love Barun's lip sync to the song I daily hear the song once as it is in my IPK playlist...
hd75 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Hi hd, I recall our discussions of Diwali on this drive back .. not sure how many times one should watch for a content heart.. but  his "shut up and get in the car" would remain the ultimate possessive, sexiest dialogue ever.. and the girl who just questioned him minutes ago would gladly oblige.. oh they certainly knew whats between them!

I remember too...I don't think "to one's heart's content" will ever apply to IPK. Just back after watching the very scene mentioned here, I don't know how it seems new every single time I watch it ! Silly how something as rude as "Shut up" or as Barun pronounces it "Shat up" can sound so sexy ! 

Loving all the discussions here 😊

cinthiann1758 thumbnail

While reading this I had a mixture of emotions.  While being raised in the west to an Italian American family, my youngest sibling is male.  I am the middle child, my parents eldest was also female.  My brother was god especially to my mom.  We still to this day call him the messiah.  He could never do any wrong and he walked on water according to mom.  Still, I never felt inferior, in a matter of fact I would fight for my rights to do things but I do remember me not being allowed to go away to college.  I am not sure if it was that my parents couldn't afford it (which I very much doubt) or girls just didn't leave the house until they were married.
Anyway I got married at 20 to a hateful, abusive man- maybe I just wanted to escape.  Needless to say you all know my story and I found my John because of it...now 32 years later!
What disappoints me is when I read the FF and all the girls write about someone biting them during lovemaking.  This disturbs me, for I have heard of love nips but not the description of actual biting.  Without going to deeply into this I "assume" (hate doing that), that this is an amorous part of the culture or is it the man's dominance over a woman?  I know that when lions mate, the male bites the neck/shoulder of the female showing his dominance until she submits.  Is not love suppose to be a sharing of each other in a beautiful way?  So like I said it disturbs me and I apologize for bringing this matter up especially to our youngsters they do not need to hear this.
In IPK what disturbed me, was how attracted I was to the ASR character, whom I in my POV, was very abusive to Khushi in the beginning.  He degraded her, physically man handled her and kept putting her "in her place".  Why was I so attracted to this terrible man?  But deep in my heart I knew he was hurt and his reactions were because of this.  I still feel terribly guilty when I am attracted to the alpha, dominant male.  I play the role of the lowly female/ lion awaiting domination.  
I was watching a show called Jodha Akbar and I am ashamed to say I love it.  There must be something deep in my core that calls out for the dominant male and I probably was raised not knowing that a woman does not have to be dominated.  
Until we raise our daughters, (which unfortunately have none), with the belief that we are equals to men in all rights and aspects of this world, nothing will change.  When G-d created us, the story in my Bible states that we came from the rib of man, formed so he would not walk this earth alone.  People take that literally.  A woman gave birth to the G-d, he would never exist without a woman!  Men should remember this!  LOL
AND finally I hated the Khushi of the last few episodes.  I remember calling ArshiH and screaming about the Miss India contest.  Just like Miss America, Miss World, Miss Universe what's the point?  A woman's talent and beauty does not have to be judged at all.  The CV's could have had Khushi run the tilffin business or join AR Designs to prove that point.  Ughhh, absolutely hated it.
Our zany, cray girl was one to be admired.  I never felt that she was not worthy of greatness and love.  BTW of love the culture of the extended family and everyone living together.  The mother-in-law in charge and all the women helping to run the household and caring for the family.  This is a beautiful!  But if a woman wants to be educated and go out to work why not?  Some love to take care of family while others want to enter the business world, either way neither is wrong unless imposed and forced on someone.
Okay, my idle chatter and rant is done.  I love and respect all you wonderful women of this thread and we know no matter what we are stronger than anyone thinks!

Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago