Disney Swag | IRKKND#12 | Invites Only - Page 104

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Eccentrica

Any names in mind?

PH ke liye? Pata nahi Chait... I don't know that many in terms of portfolio of work. I can think of shows that I have watched and genuinely liked including Mile Jab Hum Tum for the most part, Remix-- this one show about high school kids that used to air in the early days of Star One, actually most of Star One's early shows including Guns and Roses, Hotel Kingston, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Special Squad, etc. I don't know individual PH's now.

But I remember them all for being NOT run-of-the-mill.
Originally posted by meera30

Ermmm I watched all of 30 episodes of Kaisa Yeh... It was alright :p that guy was quite popular too but the girl was terrible! And then one day I went eweee. Yep I am the only one to blame for all of this soap watching. To my credit I haven't watched anything in more than 6 months :D

Max I'm very excited about 24 too. The best (only good) thing Anil Kapoor has done since... Since producing Sonam Kapoor really but.. Since Slumdog Millionaire

Never heard of/watched kaisa yeh.

Meera, kabhi Skype pe milo. Tumse akele mein kuch baatein karni hain. 😛
Originally posted by meera30

Ermmm I watched all of 30 episodes of Kaisa Yeh... It was alright :p that guy was quite popular too but the girl was terrible! And then one day I went eweee. Yep I am the only one to blame for all of this soap watching. To my credit I haven't watched anything in more than 6 months :D

Max I'm very excited about 24 too. The best (only good) thing Anil Kapoor has done since... Since producing Sonam Kapoor really but.. Since Slumdog Millionaire

You know, Angad aka Iqbal Khan had a weirdly similar story. Became very popular and had tweenies and aunties fangirling over him. DAN he fell out with Ekta Kapoor and KYPH ended. He tried other shows heer and there but nothing quite re-created that magic. I have no idea what he does these days. 

He had a hot voice.
Originally posted by Semanti

PH ke liye? Pata nahi Chait... I don't know that many in terms of portfolio of work. I can think of shows that I have watched and genuinely liked including Mile Jab Hum Tum for the most part, Remix-- this one show about high school kids that used to air in the early days of Star One, actually most of Star One's early shows including Guns and Roses, Hotel Kingston, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Special Squad, etc. I don't know individual PH's now.

But I remember them all for being NOT run-of-the-mill.
MJHT began well but then disrailed towards the end. About Remix we were in school tabhi and back then I was a firm believer of TV being an idiot box😆 But my friends used to fangirl over it and also draw parallels with many people from school
Sarabhai vs Sarabhai was too good👏
Edited by Eccentrica - 10 years ago

You know, Angad aka Iqbal Khan had a weirdly similar story. Became very popular and had tweenies and aunties fangirling over him. DAN he fell out with Ekta Kapoor and KYPH ended. He tried other shows heer and there but nothing quite re-created that magic. I have no idea what he does these days. 

He had a hot voice.
True story.
Umm..his voice is what drove me away😆
I think if there is any other desi show that I have fangirled AS MUCH over, it would have to be Remix.
It aired when I was in Class Eight. ALL my friends and I watched it and then whispered dramatically about it in class the next day. We were divided over who was the cooler couple-- Yuvraj-Anvesha or Ranvir-Tia. (I was Team Yuvraj-Anvesha)

If it was today, we'd be writing and reading fanfic about it, without a DOUBT.

Looking back, the acting was PRETTY bad and dialogues were contrived too. But it was an honest attempt at creating a show for teens that dealt in a non-preachy way with things like crushes, relationships of all kinds, peer pressure, eating disorders, drug abuse, unprotected sex and its dangers, friendship, career difficulties, parental pressure, teachers-- both good and bad, ragging and whatnot. Very progressive it was.

I think if there is any other desi show that I have fangirled AS MUCH over, it would have to be Remix.
It aired when I was in Class Eight. ALL my friends and I watched it and then whispered dramatically about it in class the next day. We were divided over who was the cooler couple-- Yuvraj-Anvesha or Ranvir-Tia. (I was Team Yuvraj-Anvesha)

If it was today, we'd be writing and reading fanfic about it, without a DOUBT.

Looking back, the acting was PRETTY bad and dialogues were contrived too. But it was an honest attempt at creating a show for teens that dealt in a non-preachy way with things like crushes, relationships of all kinds, peer pressure, eating disorders, drug abuse, unprotected sex and its dangers, friendship, career difficulties, parental pressure, teachers-- both good and bad, ragging and whatnot. Very progressive it was.
haan woh toh hai. But Karan Wahi looked babyish in it.
I listened to all the ongoing whispers in class😉
Oh and it had some REALLY catchy original music by then V Popstars winner-- Asma.
Preparing for a technical interview. It's in an hour :)
I remember my friends debating heavily on kyunki as well. I had some staunch followers of the show as friends😲